Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again he looked very good when he came on. Can play right side of centre back too so would consider him there also. Needs to be involved more he’s too good to be sat on the bench even at 18 maybe rotate him and Semedo both had good games last night.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again he looked very good when he came on. Can play right side of centre back too so would consider him there also. Needs to be involved more he’s too good to be sat on the bench even at 18 maybe rotate him and Semedo both had good games last night.
When Traore has to come off put semedo right forward and hoever rb

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like Hoever. Very good prospect. Solid defender and a very solid footballer. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the right sided centre half in a back three. As much as Nuno got pelters for "he brought on a defender for a forward" he actually looked much more comfortable in possession than MGW IMO. Infact as I said in the verdict thread yesterday, that ball through to Semedo was almost very that bit of magic that unlocked Everton. Just needed a bit more composure from Semedo.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
He's certainly a big talent. I genuinely think that if we can keep the young lads together we have the nucleas of a potentially frighteningly good team in a few years if we can supplement them with some older heads in the key areas

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is so blindingly obvious but he should play on the right on saturday is Adam isn’t fit.

No MGW please.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Did ok, barely passed ball forward or created much though. Not his fault as he is a defender, but didn't think he was more than average.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a talent but where and when will he get game time? When we paid 10 million for him I thought he's the no1 rightback now and was content with him. Then we paid 25m I think for Semedo so it didn't make as much sense unless we play him on the right in a 3 which I'd like to see. He doesn't have great height but has pace and composition.

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is a talent but where and when will he get game time? When we paid 10 million for him I thought he's the no1 rightback now and was content with him. Then we paid 25m I think for Semedo so it didn't make as much sense unless we play him on the right in a 3 which I'd like to see. He doesn't have great height but has pace and composition.

32m+ for Semedo i believe?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Hoever and would like to see him in his natural position. Semedo seems to be the one you would put in front. Semedo is clever player and seems a more natural attacking player.

Hoever will develop and improve. I hope we see it at Wolves.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well today I thought, was not a perfect performance but got forward well and was pretty solid

I'm not sure if it was the way Brighton set up (vs Burnley for example with out and out wingers) but I felt there was must less of a threat down the Brighton left than we've seen in recent weeks with Semedo

Not a knock on Semedo, and there may have been many factors for this, but I did feel like we had less crosses coming in from our right and Hoever deserves credit for that... kept the shape we'll for his first outing at right back

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree, looked good today. Only criticism could be some of the crosses he put in but he’s young so let’s see him improve.

D

Deleted member 11332

Did well today I thought, was not a perfect performance but got forward well and was pretty solid

I'm not sure if it was the way Brighton set up (vs Burnley for example with out and out wingers) but I felt there was must less of a threat down the Brighton left than we've seen in recent weeks with Semedo

Not a knock on Semedo, and there may have been many factors for this, but I did feel like we had less crosses coming in from our right and Hoever deserves credit for that... kept the shape we'll for his first outing at right back
Virtually nothing to do defensively really, when he did have to he was comfortable. Thought going forward he was quite poor in terms of final delivery and decision making, gave the ball away or miscontrolled out of play a few times, still learning though.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Virtually nothing to do defensively really, when he did have to he was comfortable. Thought going forward he was quite poor in terms of final delivery and decision making, gave the ball away or miscontrolled out of play a few times, still learning though.

I know you’re a Semedo fan but that was miles better from Hoever today than anything we’ve seen from Semedo. He was running beyond their defensive line in a way Semedo rarely does, he kept it simple when Traore was on and just let him do his thing. Was superb today

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crossing was definitely an area that needs improvement, got into some great positions to cross from though so its a mixed bag going forward... he's got a decent whip on him though, we've seen it before from him just needs to keep getting into those positions

D

Deleted member 11332

I know you’re a Semedo fan but that was miles better from Hoever today than anything we’ve seen from Semedo. He was running beyond their defensive line in a way Semedo rarely does, he kept it simple when Traore was on and just let him do his thing. Was superb today

Mainly as traore wasn't on the pitch for the former. Superb is going overboard, he was solid and did what he had to.

Not difficult to play when you have literally zero threat, that Jagan what's his face is absolutely useless, I could defend against him.

The fact I rate semedo has nothing to do with how Hoever played either. He's a young lad who is learning and he'll be a very good player, he is already in some senses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see him a bit like Dion Sanderson could play RB but I think he would be excellent as a wide RCB in a 3. Comfortable on the ball and athletic enough to deal with threats out wide when required.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb is a very strong word, a bit over the top for me.

He did well, but going forward didn't really deliver anything. I don't think FB will end up being his best position. He reminded me a bit of when Coady played RB, decent and solid enough defensively but going forward looked a bit clunky

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
His inter play was impressive, and I definitely want to see him grow as a player, but a few of his crosses were rash and directionless, something he should work on. The fact he was able to out that many crosses in was good.

Hazza

Reaction score
I thought defensively he was very good and importantly stopped a lot of crosses coming not out box when in one in one situations

D

Deleted member 11332

I think this lads position will be as a quick, mobile, ball playing centre back, and at that I think he will be excellent

My thoughts really. Once he fills out he'll definitely make a good centre half.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wrote a Haiku about how he got on today

Wolves hit short corner
Goes to Ki-Jana Hoever
Wasted yet again

I thought he looked relatively weak and he made a tonne of mistakes throughout the game, nowhere near Semedo's level. But hoping the guy will improve.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Sorry but cannot agree with your comments on Semedo v Hoever. Very different players but Semedo has an all round better game

Back
Top Bottom