Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nelson must have watched that and scratched his head as Nelson himself had a good game against Spuds.
Nice little puzzle there for Dr. Nuno.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One or two mistakes but who does not do that.

I have to say I would rather 35M was spent elsewhere and I like Semedo.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well tonight, his tackling was good and he got up and down the wing all night, tired in the end but looks a top prospect

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Air-nouri was outstanding tonight too. Great wing back prospects there
Yes, and to his credit the longer the game went on the more he tried to go forward with the ball which I have wanted him to every time he's played.
He made some good tackles and blocks tonight.
He should be a very happy chappy tonight. And I reckon he'll sleep well too.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I thought both the young wing backs did well tonight and will have learned from the experience.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
played his socks off. Way more defensive than Semedo. Made me think if we could play Hoever as RB and have Semedo play the Adama role and move Adama to the middle where he was unplayable in the first half v United.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Ait-Nouri was also superb tonight to be fair.
Yes so did I, however my point is that starting him in the next game based on his debut may bit be the wisest choice. Ait-Nouri has made some sub appearances which have definitely helped him develop, instead of starting every game since his debut.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Very impressive full debut. Bags of potential. Nice dilemma for Nuno moving forward.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was excellent tonight. Helped a lot by having Coady next to him (you could hear Coady marshalling him throughout the game). He is obviously a very good one on one defender, has pace and is pretty good on the ball.

Semedo is still ahead of him for me, but the potential is there for all to see and he needs to be given more chances like tonight so as not to stifle his development. He could be better than Semedo within the next few seasons.

Ait-Nouri was also excellent tonight. When Jonny comes back, we certainly won't be short of full/wing backs with Semedo, Hoever, Jonny, Ait-Nouri and Marcal all on the books.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said to my old man before the game when I saw our lineup - it's a tough first game for him, this. Up against Rashford supported by Bruno/Pogba and whichever left back was going to start [Telles in the end], he could've quite easily been rinsed and it wouldn't really have been his fault, but it may have led to him going even further back in Nuno's pecking order.

He was really good tonight. Apart from the sitter Fernandes missed in the first half, where he crept in front of Hoever who just watched then took a wild swing at it when it was too late. Should've been punished. But literally the only thing he did wrong I think. Switching off once against the best current attacking midfielder in the league can't be held against him too much.

Looked really good on the ball, not scared to dribble with it and take players on, aggressive in the tackle. Couple of his passes went astray second half but that felt like tiredness as he was bang on it for the first hour.

I believe he's technically a right centre half [could be wrong but I'm sure that's what I've heard previously] so if we end up with him and Semedo on our right side, that looks like a positive future to me.

There's something about seeing a young player, still 18, who's quick, aggressive, good on the ball, seems smart [i.e. not the type to drop a clanger] that is exciting. As well as the fact of course he came from Ajax's academy, then through Liverpool, who seemingly would've preferred to keep him a bit longer but we insisted on him being part of the Jota deal in some way or another.

Nuno's all about taking your chance as soon as you get it. If you're crap in your first game, you're way off. For me, after his performance tonight, I'm now thinking of how we get him and Semedo in the same team at the weekend as I want to see more of him.

Well done kid. Really excited by him.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well overall and looks excellent on the ball. Caught out positionally a couple of times very early on but he soon settled in with Coady in his ear

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was excellent last night. Be a 1st team regular by season 22/23 and will still then only be 20. Will also play a massive part in season 21/22.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did pretty well last night. I actually thought he started very slightly uncertainly and a couple of crosses came in from his side (somebody pointed out to me that Utd's strength is down their left so that's not entirely surprising) but he really grew into the game quite quickly and looked extremely comfortable from then on.

One little switch-off for the Fernades chance but he's not the only player that Fernades will get the drop on like that.... like him or loathe him Bruno's a clever player.

Let's put it like this... having seen 90 mins against a very decent United attack, I now have increased confidence in the lad to deputise for Semedo should he get injured, we've got good cover in that position.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really impressed with this lad last night. Think he’s gonna be a real player.

Could see him and Jonny playing full backs in a back 4.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well overall and looks excellent on the ball. Caught out positionally a couple of times very early on but he soon settled in with Coady in his ear
Yeah, was worried to start with as he was caught out a good few times just in the first few minutes....then brilliant thereafter.
1v1 defending and driving forward were very good full stop, but absolutely incredible for an 18 year old on their full debut.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he looked nervy as did Ait-Nouri first 10 mins (understandable) but wow after that, if Saiss hadn’t been on the pitch I’d have given him MOM.

Such an exciting prospect - I hope he gets more game time

As an aside I thought putting Coady on the right was ingenious, I’d quite like to see how Semedo gets on with Coady marshalling him on that side, as you could hear Coady instructing Hoever quite a bit defensively which I imagine helped

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever really looked the part last night and if Jonny comes back as the player he was, Semedo may well struggle to get in the team by the end of the season. In that he is unlikely to want to be a bench warmer he could even be offloaded in the summer.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than I'd expected, based on his age and inexperience. Going on just that 1 appearance, I'd say Hoever looked the more solid defensively, but Semedo offers more going forward. Good to have the choice between them as use whichever is best for the situation.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

He was absolutely superb against us when he was 16 and excellent last night - if that was the first game of the season I’d be happy for him to play every week.

I have to say what I saw from Vitinha, RAN and Hoever last night that three first teamers of the (relatively near) future we bought (or loaned) in the last window..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as I thought he played, especially going forward, I do think Nuno put Coady on the right side of defence to help talk him through the game. There were several instances, especially in the first half with the tougher task of Telles overlapping Rashford, he was caught out of position several times allowing Telles to drift outside and receive it without any pressure on him. Not a major deal as I think this probably comes more down to misunderstanding player assignments rather than being a positional problem.

I think Semedo is getting a lot of stick because of his price tag when he's actually performing quite well. I think he could definitely improve on both ends, especially his final ball going forward, but I do think a lot of his criticism has been unwarranted and all seemed to spiral from that penalty he gave away. Hoever is a fantastic prospect, but I'm not sure if his future is at RWB, or CB. He certainly seems to have gotten taller since we signed him as he doesn't look 6 foot tall.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was brilliant last night, better than I thought tbf. Attacked well, used the ball intelligently, kept possession, and defended solidly. We have brilliant full backs at Wolves:

Otto,
Marcal
Hoever,
Semedo,
Ait-Nouri

great options to have, if we only we had the same depth up front!

Back
Top Bottom