Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the first half yesterday and a fair bit of the game on Friday; Maybe this is a harsh thing to say but goals aside I thought he was pretty average. He does attack the penalty box really well when play is on the far side, but his passing was hit and miss, in neither game did he have much defending to do.

Anyone seeing he’s scored 3 in 2 games shouldn’t get excited he is close to being ready to compete for a premier league first team spot.

He does seem to be improving though, and at least on an upward trajectory.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Switching the loans for him and Fabio are very much working quite well.

I think he must have been given an ultimatum of step it up or your out and he responding with the former.

Keep it going lad!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the first half yesterday and a fair bit of the game on Friday; Maybe this is a harsh thing to say but goals aside I thought he was pretty average. He does attack the penalty box really well when play is on the far side, but his passing was hit and miss, in neither game did he have much defending to do.

Anyone seeing he’s scored 3 in 2 games shouldn’t get excited he is close to being ready to compete for a premier league first team spot.

He does seem to be improving though, and at least on an upward trajectory.
I suppose that this is the first time he has had a run of games for quite some time and that must be of benefit. Would probably worth leaving him at Stoke on loan for next season and take it from there.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke fan in my office (goes to games) is absolutely raving about him - maybe he's found his level.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he looked impressive last night. Hope he keeps up the good form.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke fan in my office (goes to games) is absolutely raving about him - maybe he's found his level.
Sounds very similar to the arguments put forward about MGW last season. Dont get me wrong, I am not a fan of Hoever because of his apparent attitude (I think borne out by what happened on his loan in the first half of this season) but, maybe the penny has dropped for him, and a good run of games for the rest of this season and, maybe next, in the Championship will show that he can step up, like MGW.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he has played for us so far he hasn't been a massive disaster.
Always thought that it was really poor form from Lage to blame him for getting injured. Its not like he was the only one who pulled up with a muscle injury.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds very similar to the arguments put forward about MGW last season. Dont get me wrong, I am not a fan of Hoever because of his apparent attitude (I think borne out by what happened on his loan in the first half of this season) but, maybe the penny has dropped for him, and a good run of games for the rest of this season and, maybe next, in the Championship will show that he can step up, like MGW.
I also think MGW found his level in the Championship, with Forest drastically overpaying on him (which it looks in turn like we did with the proceeds with Nunes).

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are many people who appear to have bad attitudes under poor managers and yet have good attitudes under a good manager.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Lage wasn't at PSV when his attitude was also questioned ...Lage was a **** but ya can't blame him for everything.....
Lage is not the only poor manager for someone. It just goes to show that it is important to have the best managerial set up you can get if you want the best out of all your staff in any job. It is too easy to blame a bad emplayeed rather than look objectively at a situation.
Especially with a youngster a manager can be a heavy influence and if its a bad experience can damage them for quite a while if not forever.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember a lot of Liverpool fans were really annoyed that he had been allowed to join us as they rated him so highly. It does make you consider that confidence maybe has an enormous amount to do with how players perform, especially as these are young lads that we are talking about.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only repeating what someone at the club told me...it will be VERY unlikely Hoever will kick a ball for wolves again....and people are right his ATTITUDE is the problem.......

Seems to be not a problem at Stoke so far in fairness to him. If he keeps this up maybe he is growing up? Will be interesting what the club do, in the summer, if he keeps up with this form for the rest of the season. Also not knowing what league we will be in either.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be not a problem at Stoke so far in fairness to him. If he keeps this up maybe he is growing up? Will be interesting what the club do, in the summer, if he keeps up with this form for the rest of the season. Also not knowing what league we will be in either.
Yes I agree...he probably does need to grow up....and develop as all youngster do... hopefully works well for him at Stoke.....But was told he has caused problems, that might not be easily rectified......but they probably get ups and downs with all youngster...

I found it a bit concerning that a young Dutch lad was accused of having a bad attitude at one of the biggest clubs in Holland...PSV........he isn't above PSV level at all.....might have thought he was but could also be part of growing up.......

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes I agree...he probably does need to grow up....and develop as all youngster do... hopefully works well for him at Stoke.....But was told he has caused problems, that might not be easily rectified......but they probably get ups and downs with all youngster...

I found it a bit concerning that a young Dutch lad was accused of having a bad attitude at one of the biggest clubs in Holland...PSV........he isn't above PSV level at all.....might have thought he was but could also be part of growing up.......
Had issues at Liverpool too with attitude but hopefully maturing and getting stuck in at Stoke will help him. Can’t see him coming back tbh

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember a lot of Liverpool fans were really annoyed that he had been allowed to join us as they rated him so highly. It does make you consider that confidence maybe has an enormous amount to do with how players perform, especially as these are young lads that we are talking about.
Short interview with him on YT in which he says this is the first time a manager has trusted him to start several matches consecutively.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only repeating what someone at the club told me...it will be VERY unlikely Hoever will kick a ball for wolves again....and people are right his ATTITUDE is the problem.......

It's not unknown for youngsters with attitude problems to put that behind them and go on to have good careers. Hopefully going from Liverpool to Wolves to PSV to Stoke in the space of a couple of years is the wake up call he needs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not unknown for youngsters with attitude problems to put that behind them and go on to have good careers. Hopefully going from Liverpool to Wolves to PSV to Stoke in the space of a couple of years is the wake up call he needs.
Yes I agree....thought he did well to get the PSV loan personally and it was a disaster......

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea of a permanent move to Stoke should be enough to give him a jolt.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was his attitude problem again? Did Lage say something about poor training, then again the same thing was said from the coach at PSV?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever my have a terrible attitude but he’s clearly not stupid. I mean, he’s not going to mess Alex Neill around. This loan move could be the making of him.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was his attitude problem again? Did Lage say something about poor training, then again the same thing was said from the coach at PSV?
ISTR that he was supposed to be poor in training and also, on the night he did his hamstring, he had allegedly not warmed up properly when asked to come on, and was not ready. Lage implied that the hamstring injury was his own fault, I think.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
he's not good enough for us, why do we always bring up players who do well in the poorer leagues.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also think MGW found his level in the Championship, with Forest drastically overpaying on him (which it looks in turn like we did with the proceeds with Nunes).
Forest fans reckon he is their best player this season and should be given a call-up to the England team.

Can't really comment, but seems as if he is popular and doing well there.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he has played for us so far he hasn't been a massive disaster.
Always thought that it was really poor form from Lage to blame him for getting injured. Its not like he was the only one who pulled up with a muscle injury.
Yeah but Hwang took him biscuits

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest fans reckon he is their best player this season and should be given a call-up to the England team.

I suppose good for him if he is. He's certainly a player that divided opinions but I think we got a very good price for him - even better if Forest stay up and if he does manage a call up - but I couldn't really see him doing it for us.

geowolf

Reaction score
I suppose good for him if he is. He's certainly a player that divided opinions but I think we got a very good price for him - even better if Forest stay up and if he does manage a call up - but I couldn't really see him doing it for us.
Yeah got us enough to afford Guedes.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Going by twitter it seems as though they've changed their tune in the last few weeks.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Hoever does well, i just don't see any natural defenderness in him. Maybe he can be coached to improve

geowolf

Reaction score
Oh yeah.....that's almost up there with how we deployed the Jota money
Nah it's great business. MGW+£40m=Guedes+Nunes with Moutinho able to switch seamlessly into the MGW attacking midfield role.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 in 2!

A good loan spell in the champ could be worth millions to us. To be honest I had thought we had lost our (£13M?) money on him.

If he keeps on like this he could fetch a tidy sum or maybe make it at Wolves. I think the former is more likely.

Well done to him as well, he's taken a lot of stick over alleged attitude problems. Let's hope he has sorted himself out for his and our benefit. Good stuff.
His attitude problem couldn't have had anything to do with Lage could it?

Fabio too. Boly and Coady couldn't wait to jump ship, neither could MGW.

Back
Top Bottom