Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be more of a centre back for me . But also maybe not big enough .

He times his runs forward very well although final ball was poor

seemed too nervous for first 60

D

Deleted member 11332

I like Semedo but thought Hoever was very good today, it's not really his fault if no Wolves players get themselves into the box, it was often like Fabio and 7 Brighton players. But the positions he got into were great.

Hitting first man for me that was the issue. Did it 3/4 times after working his way into a great position. Promising though.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed to click with both Gibbs-White and Traore in a way Semedo's struggled to. Stopped the crosses too. I think he could prove to be the best of our summer signings in the medium to long term.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but cannot agree with your comments on Semedo v Hoever. Very different players but Semedo has an all round better game

We rarely if ever see Semedo making the kind of runs Hoever did. Semedo likes to play in front of their defence whereas Hoever was prepared to run beyond them and that was crucial to stretching their defence.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit hard to when Adama is in that space..Adama wasn't there and Gibbs white tucked in allowing the overlap.

Adama hasn’t been there every game. At some point you have to stop blaming everyone else for Semedos inadequacies. It’s not Adamas fault Semedo doesn’t run beyond him, Adama would probably like him to do so to take defenders away from him. Maybe it’s the exuberance of youth but Hoever showed today how important it is to have someone with something to prove, his performance can only be good for your boy Semedo as hopefully the challenge for his spot will get him going

D

Deleted member 11332

Adama hasn’t been there every game. At some point you have to stop blaming everyone else for Semedos inadequacies. It’s not Adamas fault Semedo doesn’t run beyond him, Adama would probably like him to do so to take defenders away from him. Maybe it’s the exuberance of youth but Hoever showed today how important it is to have someone with something to prove, his performance can only be good for your boy Semedo as hopefully the challenge for his spot will get him going

Adama has played pretty much every game for us, he is always there. When Neto was on the right there was overlapping runs which you've conveniently forgotten about. He'd end up running into Adama if he tried to overlap the blokes generally stood on the touchline.

I very much doubt there will be any challenge for his spot, in our strongest 11 he's an automatic pick.

I do enjoy these back and forths though, very interesting seeing a completely different view put across properly without bickering.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crazy suggestion but could we possibly have Hoever at CB, and Semedo Right Back, and after Semedo has bust his lungs running forward/pressing, switch them mid game, and have Hoever have a lung busting moment or two while Semedo gets his breath.
Rinse and repeat!

I am not yet drunk, and I do not play Football Manager.

T

TheConcourse

He talks Semedo up as much as you talk him down.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama has played pretty much every game for us, he is always there. When Neto was on the right there was overlapping runs which you've conveniently forgotten about. He'd end up running into Adama if he tried to overlap the blokes generally stood on the touchline.

I very much doubt there will be any challenge for his spot, in our strongest 11 he's an automatic pick.

I do enjoy these back and forths though, very interesting seeing a completely different view put across properly without bickering.

Well it’s not personal is it. We disagree over a player not the end of the world:)

D

Deleted member 11332

Why is it that in the Ait-Nouri thread there’s no mention of Jonny yet in the Hoever thread it’s laced with Semedo knocking and then defending?

Can’t we just discuss Hoever’s attributes on his own merit?

Probably cuz theres no comparison as Jonny is the best left back in the world. I ****ing love Jonny.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoever seems solid but his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. Iorfa v2??

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His balls into the box today were frankly terrible. He’s better than that though, bad day at the office.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Defensively he was good, his crossing was a bit skittish. That said, he’s going to be a fine player. Agree with others I think he could well end up at CB.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you’re a Semedo fan but that was miles better from Hoever today than anything we’ve seen from Semedo. He was running beyond their defensive line in a way Semedo rarely does, he kept it simple when Traore was on and just let him do his thing. Was superb today
Absolute nonsense

Hoever had a decent game yesterday but you do yourself no favours with rubbish like that. It's quite clear you have a massive agenda against Semedo and every single one of your posts is laced with huge bias

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute nonsense

Hoever had a decent game yesterday but you do yourself no favours with rubbish like that. It's quite clear you have a massive agenda against Semedo and every single one of your posts is laced with huge bias
Miles better than Semedo just look at the goal albion scored what threat came down our right side yesterday nothing

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Miles better than Semedo just look at the goal albion scored what threat came down our right side yesterday nothing
Go and open your eyes. If Semedo goes to the wing then they slip a little ball in to Maitland-Niles who is 1v1 against Coady in our box and you're suddenly complaining that Semedo is the wrong side marking someone who is relatively no danger

****ing clueless

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever allready brings more than Semedo attackingwise,and will be a better defender as well with a little bit more playing time and much needed experience.
Almost ten years younger as well.
There really should be a no brainer which of the two that we should promote playing most of the time.
Semedos crossing isn´t exactly great either.Give Hoever some more matches and he will surpass the portuguese in this department as well.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go and open your eyes. If Semedo goes to the wing then they slip a little ball in to Maitland-Niles who is 1v1 against Coady in our box and you're suddenly complaining that Semedo is the wrong side marking someone who is relatively no danger

****ing clueless
many blame Otasowie or Saiss but the cross should not be entering the box. Many games Semedo has messed up. Nice to see someone different there that’s all.

D

Deleted member 11332

Yeah because Brighton had the equivalent of a traffic cone playing as a left winger, nothing to do with who was playing for us, we could have stuck ruddy there and he'd have been untroubled.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah because Brighton had the equivalent of a traffic cone playing as a left winger, nothing to do with who was playing for us, we could have stuck ruddy there and he'd have been untroubled.
I'd have coped with the threat down the Brighton left and I won't see 73 again.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah cause that'll help the depth of the squad that everyone's moaning about
We get someone else in.

****ing clueless
I disagree. Semedo shouldn't be where he is in the first place. Positioning and who to pick up has been a massive problem for him since he has come in to the side.
Today was as convincing as I've seen the shape of the back 4.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get someone else in.

I disagree. Semedo shouldn't be where he is in the first place. Positioning and who to pick up has been a massive problem for him since he has come in to the side.
Today was as convincing as I've seen the shape of the back 4.
Miss the first half did you when the only one of the back four remotely decent defensively was Ait-Nouri? And where SHOULD Semedo have been then against Albion? He has to cover Maitland-Niles in that instance, absolutely has to - until he's told he can move across (being told is another debate entirely)

Back
Top Bottom