Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I contacted my friends over in Holland at Groningen about Hoever, he is highly rated.. He payed in the Dutch u17 side that won the European Championships a couple of years ago.

As an aside they inform me that Arjen Robben has joined FC Groningen

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching that interview with him saying he likes to attack and play down the right. Find that interesting with the Semedo links. Would he have come as back up? It doesn’t sound like he’s come as a centre back.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching that interview with him saying he likes to attack and play down the right. Find that interesting with the Semedo links. Would he have come as back up? It doesn’t sound like he’s come as a centre back.
If Semedo joins, we could play Hoever - better defennsively - behind Adama, with Semedo down the left. Pace down both flanks.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I contacted my friends over in Holland at Groningen about Hoever, he is highly rated.. He payed in the Dutch u17 side that won the European Championships a couple of years ago.

As an aside they inform me that Arjen Robben has joined FC Groningen

He got injured during his debut I'm sure I read

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Semedo joins, we could play Hoever - better defennsively - behind Adama, with Semedo down the left. Pace down both flanks.

What’s wrong with Marcal? He was fantastic against Sheffield United. Hoever for me this season gives us versatile cover. Hopefully in a year he’ll have developed a bit more of a frame to start regularly at centre back, that’s where I think he’ll eventually excel.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can play RCB too so gives the flexibility that Nuno loves. Season 20/21's Ryan Bennett.

Semedo can play both flanks so not necessarily the case Hoever won't get a chance at RWB.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Marcal? He was fantastic against Sheffield United. Hoever for me this season gives us versatile cover. Hopefully in a year he’ll have developed a bit more of a frame to start regularly at centre back, that’s where I think he’ll eventually excel.

If we player higher up the pitch he could play RCB now. Just if we defend deep it could be more of a problem

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news, now confirmed.
The sale of Diogo and purchase of Ki seems like BRILLIANT business.
All part of the 'Grand Plan', which it would appear, has been revisited and detailed transfer departures and arrivals identified.
Good to see and rather than standing still, we seem to be planning to progress in a very positive way, launching a strong challenge for an assault on the establishment.
Bring it on.
Wolves ONLY Wolves!!
Something that doesn't seem to be mentioned is I'm sure Fosun never planned to run Wolves long term within the allowed FFP losses. They want to operate at a profit across the board.

If wheeling and dealing means we are challenging for trophies and competing at the business end of the PL then I'm comfortable with that.

Selling Neves down the line could potentially pay for a shiny new Molineux. Just saying.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we player higher up the pitch he could play RCB now. Just if we defend deep it could be more of a problem

Liverpool fans have commented that he looks exposed at centre back because he’s too slight of frame, think we already have that vulnerability with Coady back there so I’d hope he can start grouping up with Adama in the weight room this season and then hopefully be a more realistic option to start next season in our back three.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issues with Marcal, though he didn't do much going forwards. Just thinking that Semedo and Adama might be treading on each other's toes, unless Adama moves inside when Semedo attacks.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool fans have commented that he looks exposed at centre back because he’s too slight of frame, think we already have that vulnerability with Coady back there so I’d hope he can start grouping up with Adama in the weight room this season and then hopefully be a more realistic option to start next season in our back three.

Adama doesn’t do weights

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like all the others we sold after such a short space of time right?

Nuno categorically stated that he made the decision that Jota could be sold in the summer and Doc had been here for 10 years.

Who were the other temps?

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good bit of moaning with no factual basis shall we?
Who's moaning? Just commented that some players Mendes brings in will be moved on as their value increases. That's what Mendes does in his 'system', Jota was one of those and he won't be the last; as I said this will happen until we get amongst the leading teams.
No moaning here mate! This system will work and helps us progress quickly as I stated. Hoever, is not a Mendes client, so the likelihood he will stay around provided he does the business and doesn't want out.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So will he be in the squad for Wet Spam? Or will we have Semedo?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Both hopefully. We're gonna go from having zero RWBs to having a fantastic first choice and a very promising 2nd choice. Although we may well start one at Left-Back too if Marcal isn't fit.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have the sneaky feeling that by the end of the season he'll be on the right of our back three, Boly Coady Hoever. Just as I'm sure Vintinho will be a fixture in our starting 11 by then. But it's going to be a gradual process and we're more likely to see him as cover at wingback initially.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wonder whether in the long-run Nuno sees Semedo at RWB, Hoever at RB, Boly as LB and Romain starting on the bench... And after Saïss went from hero last Monday to zero this Monday (albeit against vastly superior opposition) that Nuno might be tempted just momentarily to try that line-up out on Sunday. But that's almost certainly far too radical a change from one game to the next for Nuno, and it would be unfair on Saïss to drop him for his faux pas against Citeh so soon after his MoM performance against the Blades. With Marçal potentially out for Wet Spam, and Vinagre yet to convince, I wonder if we might see Semedo making his debut at LWB with Ki-Jana conceivably at RWB for the West Ham game?

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see Nuno dropping Saiss even after his clanger tonight. Not good player management and too early in the season, never mind the fact Boly might have been worse. Be interesting to see how quickly Hoever is tested. I think it's all come too early for Silva so the go slow approach might be best.

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna like this guy However . . . .

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issues with Marcal, though he didn't do much going forwards. Just thinking that Semedo and Adama might be treading on each other's toes, unless Adama moves inside when Semedo attacks.

Yep, we're all gonna need to be patient as I'm sure it's gonna take months for those 2 to really gel and adapt to how the other plays, but I honestly can't wait. This is a proper exciting signing. Same with Hoever, really want to see how he grows into this team this season and onwards.

D

Deleted member 5962

The o is shorter than hoover it would be pronounced more like who-ver.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked imperious tonight, I swear when I looked when we signed him he was 5'10?! What happened there :D

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed tonight. Another reason Coady was RCB was to talk him through the game I think

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was absolutely brilliant. Well played young man.

Back
Top Bottom