Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MLS for him is a strange move. Championship should be where he is going unless we are planning to get rid of him there like Campana

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes a football club is no place to develop young players
….??. He’s not good enough. I’m all for taking chances on young players to develop them but he’s just not good enough for top 10 in the Premier League. He has zero profile in Colombian football either so I fail to see any future profit from develop, loan and resale.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
….??. He’s not good enough. I’m all for taking chances on young players to develop them but he’s just not good enough for top 10 in the Premier League. He has zero profile in Colombian football either so I fail to see any future profit from develop, loan and resale.
He's 21, like you I don't see it just yet but he's spent a huge chunk of time injured. If we're still having the same conversation when he's 23/24 then absolutely get rid.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He’s 21 and had injuries, far too soon to be writing him off

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based on what exactly?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have we seen him enough to make that judgement?

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we seen him enough to make that judgement?
Seen enough, read enough. Had opportunities to play in the first team but never been played. As @letsallhaveadisco says I can’t see how he makes our squad or gets the game time to recover from sale what we paid.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen enough, read enough. Had opportunities to play in the first team but never been played. As @letsallhaveadisco says I can’t see how he makes our squad or gets the game time to recover from sale what we paid.

Judging a player on that small a sample of seeing him play really isnt the best way to judge him. Reading about him is probably making things even worse because you are then also judging him on what others say.

He may not be good enough, but until we see him get some games under his belt we dont really know. We would be stupid to just get rid of him now.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players like Mosquera need to be moved on quickly. He’s clearly not up to where we need to be.
On what evidence? I would doubt you have seen him play more than a handful of times, at the most and that would be in friendlies or U21. He is a young player without the experience to be thrown in as a starter in the PL and with 4 players currently ahead of him in his favoured position, but has plenty of potential and just needs a loan at the appropriate level.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera off to the MLS apparently for the rest of the season

Strange move for Mosquera. Would have liked to see him in England somewhere.

Odd, unless in prep for a full move.

MLS for him is a strange move. Championship should be where he is going unless we are planning to get rid of him there like Campana

On the face of it maybe it seems like a strange move however it’s very much in the clubs MO for loans recently especially the first loan for the ‘kids’ (yes I know he’s 21). They’ve often been in their home nation or closer to home, or a nation with a similar culture

(Marques to Portugal, Lonwijk to Netherlands, Arinbjornsson to Denmark, Jack Scott to Ireland for example).

What Mosquera needs most of all is a consistent run of games and of course the MLS has a full season ahead which is something Europe can’t offer.

He may well get sold, but I can see the logic whether that be for improvement to bring back or improvement to sell

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm constantly surprised by people judging youngsters as not good enough when even experts who work with players every day don't know if they'll succeed until early 20s normally, especially if they've had injury issues.

Only a few outliers play top level at u21 and it's position dependent. CB and keeper may be the hardest roles for younger players.

No idea personally but given his position we'll only know after a season or so actually playing. MLS gives us that as well as potential sales options. He probably isn't right for us but we (random forum folks) aren't in a position to judge really.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm constantly surprised by people judging youngsters as not good enough when even experts who work with players every day don't know if they'll succeed until early 20s normally, especially if they've had injury issues.

Only a few outliers play top level at u21 and it's position dependent. CB and keeper may be the hardest roles for younger players.

No idea personally but given his position we'll only know after a season or so actually playing. MLS gives us that as well as potential sales options. He probably isn't right for us but we (random forum folks) aren't in a position to judge really.
He was the most highly rated young player in Colombia - fast and very combative! Give him time!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully get our 4 million back with a 20% sell on clause.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently you can't loan Tariq Lamperty but you can buy him from Brighton.....I wonder how much they want....would solve us an issue with foreign space going forward...
The problem with Lamptey is that he's great going forward, but given his size he's naturally stronger in a back five than a back four. I'd much rather we spend what we can on a striker anyway, if we can get Lamptey or Spence on loan until the end of the season then great, but it's not going to make or break our season like a striker would.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Lamptey is that he's great going forward, but given his size he's naturally stronger in a back five than a back four. I'd much rather we spend what we can on a striker anyway, if we can get Lamptey or Spence on loan until the end of the season then great, but it's not going to make or break our season like a striker would.
He would be better than what we have ideally selling Jonny

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent homegrown players don't come up very often....... lamperty for a decent fee would be a good addition to our homegrown side of the squad......not interested in loaning either Spence or lamperty but a permanent transfer is totally different.....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent homegrown players don't come up very often....... lamperty for a decent fee would be a good addition to our homegrown side of the squad......not interested in loaning either Spence or lamperty but a permanent transfer is totally different.....
If Lamptey struggles in a back four then I'm not sure that would be wise. He's being linked with Sporting, who play with a back five, to replace Pedro Porro who's gone to Spurs. That's probably the right move for him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lamptey struggles in a back four then I'm not sure that would be wise. He's being linked with Sporting, who play with a back five, to replace Pedro Porro who's gone to Spurs. That's probably the right move for him.
Brighton have said you can't loan him but he is available for permanent transfer....Lyon and sporting are out of the equation...

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our business is done - don't think we will see any more incomings now
Agreed. Been a great window so far and can’t complain. We’ve backed lopetegui

Be nice to get a number 9 if I’m being greedy. Still
Hope we get a last minute one you never know.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 players for the first team squad, not one for the future. We’ve not had a winter window like that for as long as I can remember. In fact we’ve not had many summer windows that have been better. Shame we had to play the first part of the season with no manager.

Back
Top Bottom