Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

T

TheConcourse

Just read it’s £10m for Jonjo Shelvey and he’s out of contract this summer.

Gotta hand it to Forest. The most short-termism I’ve seen from any club ever promoted. It might be enough to keep them up this season, but they’re going to be right up against it soon.

floydstreet

Reaction score

Gotta hand it to Forest. The most short-termism I’ve seen from any club ever promoted. It might be enough to keep them up this season, but they’re going to be right up against it soon.
I think the finances at forest could all fall apart in time, not sustainable
Will mean they are safe this season
But then in same trouble as Everton

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if Shelvey is still appearing for his dad's Sunday League team (Harold Hill IIRC?) If so he'll probably be arriving with a suspension to fulfill given the amount of times he retaliates to the abuse he gets as well as the fact Sunday League suspensions carry over into the prem (which I didn't know, until Shelvey did just that for Liverpool!)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fullkrug is 29 and would cost 15 million. Top scorer in the bundesliga with 13.
Werder bremen are a seling club.
No chance he has more than our strikers combined over last 2 seasons . Jeff is looking at the options at Penn nursery to get the next generational talent .

Meanwhile Scotts still going around the conveyor belt at Sao Paulo airport

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Signs of the old Leeds and Bradford .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10million extra if forest stay up taking total fee to 35 million. The other 7.25.million is based on forest appearances and england appearances.
If forest sell him in the summer we have 15 % sell on clause, after the summer a 10% sell on clause.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10million extra if forest stay up taking total fee to 35 million. The other 7.25.million is based on forest appearances and england appearances.
If forest sell him in the summer we have 15 % sell on clause, after the summer a 10% sell on clause.
Smart move all around then really he didn’t wanna be here we rinsed forest despite him being a decent player

floydstreet

Reaction score
Smart move all around then really he didn’t wanna be here we rinsed forest despite him being a decent player

Good deal for forest they have a good player
Good for us we got good money, he spent most of the summer angling for a move (although was persuaded to stay but then we signed Matteus and changed our mind). In reality he got ahead of himself. Wanted a guaranteed start and hadn’t earned it yet at Wolves.

Having said that he definitely could have been a good player for us, but a little petulant when things don’t go his way for sure.

Ultimately
Good deal for us
Good deal for forest
Good deal for him if he wanted to start every week

The bit that’s weird is his current anti wolves stance. Club helped him so much. I do get why he might have been annoyed at Lage, maybe even Shi and definitely the small minority of so called fans who use media to abuse his girlfriend and family. But this is a small percentage, most fans wouldn’t do this and don’t do this and most wolves fans actually gave him a decent reception at molineux. Two minutes of thought would make it easy to realise that and stop creating an issue that never needed to exist. Shame really but sure he’ll have a good career and wish him well.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Also
I think Julen has his striker
It’s Cunha

Time will tell on whether that’s his best position, but I think Julen has bought him to play there

Soon as I saw him at Villa I said he is a striker.

Not a winger at all for me, could argue he would benefit from being in a two but definitely a striker.

J LO doesnt tend to play with an old school centre forward anyway, think when they beat us it was Ocampos, En Nesyri and Suso.

I see Podence as our Ocampos

Sarabia is our Suso

Cunha our En Nesyri, never prolific on his own ( 1 in 3 for Sevilla) but clever, physical enough to occupy defenders for sure, an all rounder in the way I see Cunha.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Good deal for forest they have a good player
Good for us we got good money, he spent most of the summer angling for a move (although was persuaded to stay but then we signed Matteus and changed our mind). In reality he got ahead of himself. Wanted a guaranteed start and hadn’t earned it yet at Wolves.

Having said that he definitely could have been a good player for us, but a little petulant when things don’t go his way for sure.

Ultimately
Good deal for us
Good deal for forest
Good deal for him if he wanted to start every week

The bit that’s weird is his current anti wolves stance. Club helped him so much. I do get why he might have been annoyed at Lage, maybe even Shi and definitely the small minority of so called fans who use media to abuse his girlfriend and family. But this is a small percentage, most fans wouldn’t do this and don’t do this and most wolves fans actually gave him a decent reception at molineux. Two minutes of thought would make it easy to realise that and stop creating an issue that never needed to exist. Shame really but sure he’ll have a good career and wish him well.
Agree in general. At the away game though you can see how it goes. A few fans abuse him. They score and he gives a bit back. More fans give him grief. He makes more blatant gestures and on it goes. He's immature, football fans love a villain. All a load of rubbish really, but he does himself no favours.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless Lopetegui can get this team consistently attacking the opposition box in numbers we are going to be in danger of the drop, no matter how well we improve our ball retention and performances. I’m not sure Cunha is the man to bring the 20 goals we need.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Unless Lopetegui can get this team consistently attacking the opposition box in numbers we are going to be in danger of the drop, no matter how well we improve our ball retention and performances. I’m not sure Cunha is the man to bring the 20 goals we need.
Think it will be hard for him to get 20 goals in less than half a season, especially when no one other than haaland has got more than 20 at the moment, I would be more than happy with 10 goals from now to end of the season.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it will be hard for him to get 20 goals in less than half a season, especially when no one other than haaland has got more than 20 at the moment, I would be more than happy with 10 goals from now to end of the season.
Nobody will get that many.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

20 goals off one player?

Bet you no more then 7-8 different players have got that over 5 years and their out the big boys...probably only Vardy and Ings whose had the odd season..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also
I think Julen has his striker
It’s Cunha

Time will tell on whether that’s his best position, but I think Julen has bought him to play there
If we don't sign a striker, then I think we have to accept that, or they have far too much faith in Costa and Jimenez. I still have my doubts though, as I think we'd get way more out of Cunha if he's got somebody to play off, like he did at Hertha Berlin where he really broke out, rather than as a true #9.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Lemina Neves Nunes
Sarabia Cunha
ST
That's how I envisage our best team looking, in the same system Julen has had incredible success with. Inverted inside forwards rather than wingers, with the full-backs creating all the width and Neves as the deep lying 6 and the two box-to-box 8's in Lemina and Nunes (and Gomes/Bouba).

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should have expressed it better. I meant goals or assists because Wolves have always relied on a sole striker with contributions from the wings or wing backs. Seeing as Podence and Neves are currently our top scorers and RAN is now to be pushed back to full back I just don’t see where our goals are going to come from.

None of our new signings are prolific goal scorers either. Gomes has 1 assist in 22 games for Flamengo. Cunha has 2 is it so far this season?

I’m sure we are going to be a better team under Lopetegui but if he is going to rely on Cunha to be our main puncher then I think it’s going to go down to the wire.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should have expressed it better. I meant goals or assists because Wolves have always relied on a sole striker with contributions from the wings or wing backs. Seeing as Podence and Neves are currently our top scorers and RAN is now to be pushed back to full back I just don’t see where our goals are going to come from.

None of our new signings are prolific goal scorers either. Gomes has 1 assist in 22 games for Flamengo. Cunha has 2 is it so far this season?

I’m sure we are going to be a better team under Lopetegui but if he is going to rely on Cunha to be our main puncher then I think it’s going to go down to the wire.

You're dead right.

And it's exactly where my fears still escalate from. I think we're better than 3 teams, and undoubtedly have a better manager, but simply put we do not score enough goals so it's incredibly difficult to foresee us at any point being comfortable in this battle.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're dead right.

And it's exactly where my fears still escalate from. I think we're better than 3 teams, and undoubtedly have a better manager, but simply put we do not score enough goals so it's incredibly difficult to foresee us at any point being comfortable in this battle.
All the pundits recognise this as well with most commenting on our lack of intent in the opposition penalty box and rarely a Wolves player attacking the 6 yard box.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Agree in general. At the away game though you can see how it goes. A few fans abuse him. They score and he gives a bit back. More fans give him grief. He makes more blatant gestures and on it goes. He's immature, football fans love a villain. All a load of rubbish really, but he does himself no favours.
See what happened to Lingard under Ole at United he was allowed to prat about with stupid stuff and not apply himself to working hard
That’s what he’s doing now at forest yet under David Moyes at West Ham he did well. MGW will follow the same path if he’s not careful
I

Back
Top Bottom