Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the comments, whenever that club use the words 'precautionary measure' it translates to a three month lay off.
The loan made no sense, it's like lending someone a car you know is going to break down, when you should just keep it in the garage until someone makes you an offer to buy it (sold as seen, obviously).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit id take Broja in a heart beat i think hes ideal for how we play
I know hes not as good this season as last but he has everything in his locker just needs a bit of confidence i feel and still young for a striker
Ticks almost every box for us....the only slight downside might be his form after the injury...but there will always be something with a January transfer window loan or signing...he is definitely the best all round option to date we have been rumoured to be in for this window...

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the inevitable ran links to elsewhere

i mean he had a great game for algeria and really has had a ****ing great season

but like gomes all can **** off

However with neto and ran, gomes they are out most sellable assets and if we do go big next summer expect a changing of the guard

If RAN doesn't sign a new contract he'll probably be sold in the summer

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I have a very different idea of Broja than some it seems. I don't see him as a plodder target man at all. In my mind he is a very quick and powerful runner, and he moves the ball quickly. I would have thought he would fit in well.

Could it be down the Chelsea’s style of play? Whenever I’ve seen him play for them the opposition seem to be camped in.

At Southampton a lot of his goals seem to be on the break according to YouTube.

My initial thoughts based on what I’ve seen this season were meh, but thinking about it and considering other’s opinions, it may work.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we have had 7 first teamers linked with moves away this January, often with our FFP woes suggested as a reason, and their contract end dates are below:-

Sa - Nottingham Forest - 2027+1
Kilman - West Ham - 2028
Toti - Real Madrid - 2027
RAN - Arsenal and Liverpool - 2026+1
Gomes - Tottenham - 2028
Neto - Man City and Arsenal - 2027
Hwang - Liverpool and Tottenham - 2028+1

Given our 23/24 out turn is likely to be a significant profit, ie £30-£50mill given the lowered wages and transfer fees received, we will surely be in a strong position to retain these players and add to them.

dnf14

Reaction score
Could it be down the Chelsea’s style of play? Whenever I’ve seen him play for them the opposition seem to be camped in.

At Southampton a lot of his goals seem to be on the break according to YouTube.

My initial thoughts based on what I’ve seen this season were meh, but thinking about it and considering other’s opinions, it may work.

Fingers crossed, eh?
Armando Broja - Injury history
The issue I have with Broja is whether he is still capable of being that same explosive player after his injuries, our track record of players after major knee injuries is not great.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Armando Broja - Injury history
The issue I have with Broja is whether he is still capable of being that same explosive player after his injuries, our track record of players after major knee injuries is not great.
But that's why a loan with option may work.....

Had he not had his knee injury he may be looking for a bigger club than us ....prior to his injury I'm sure some big teams were linked with him ..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a very different idea of Broja than some it seems. I don't see him as a plodder target man at all. In my mind he is a very quick and powerful runner, and he moves the ball quickly. I would have thought he would fit in well.

I see him differently still!! An all-rounder. Good size, can hold the ball up or run in behind, decent in the air, good finisher. The closest we will have had to a prime Raul type striker since prime Raul.

It's why so many clubs have been linked with him, there's very few young strikers in that mould.

He's playing as a central striker for Chelsea because they don't have any other players like him. If they bring someone in, they might look to move him on to increase his value prior to a sale.

If we have an option, it will be a high option, probably £40m-ish. Then it's up to him to justify if he's worth it.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone will look better than what we had last night up top.
I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't at the game, but coming back from a goal down twice to win 3-2 with a threadbare team doesn't suggest we have problems going forward.

I'm not suggesting we don't need another striker btw.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Broja but he's very frustrating. A real Traore type player. Either unplayable or awful

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't at the game, but coming back from a goal down twice to win 3-2 with a threadbare team doesn't suggest we have problems going forward.

I'm not suggesting we don't need another striker btw.
It was 100% the problem last night if we had a striker the game would have been dead and buried the amount of times the ball whizzed across the box or the ball wasn't put in as we had nobody in that position.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news on Mario's brother? Seems to have gone quiet.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
What strikes me about Broja, is that he's a decent height, is strong and has a shot on him, but also has a lowish centre of gravity. He's 6'3" but looking through some of his highlights he's far from gangly, has good control and ability to turn in tight spaces. He also know's the Premier League and if I'm honest, I'd rather have him for a loan with a slightly higher option that Ekitike

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should buy Thomas-Asante just for ****s and gigs.

Looked really sharp for them against Blackburn.

I'd buy him for more than just ****s and giggles. He looks to be a very good player!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What strikes me about Broja, is that he's a decent height, is strong and has a shot on him, but also has a lowish centre of gravity. He's 6'3" but looking through some of his highlights he's far from gangly, has good control and ability to turn in tight spaces. He also know's the Premier League and if I'm honest, I'd rather have him for a loan with a slightly higher option that Ekitike

100%. PL experience a big one. You know he could hit the grounding running.

Etikike might come in, not fancy it, and end up having less of an impact than if we keep Fraser, for a lot higher cost.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike is expensive, unproven and looks like he fancies Frankfurt.

Broja is proven at this level, but has had major knee surgery, so his stats are meaningless.

Fraser is young, hungry and homegrown. Given that we have no money to spend he seems the obvious solution.

Save our pennies, review in the summer.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guedes off the books would be lovely anything to get jonny and guedes off the books

Hopefully its the side which have just canned off henderson so lots of wage room

I think broja is a good shout 22? 6ft 3 hes got a lot of games ahead of him

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guedes off the books would be lovely anything to get jonny and guedes off the books

Hopefully its the side which have just canned off henderson so lots of wage room

I think broja is a good shout 22? 6ft 3 hes got a lot of games ahead of him

Any news on Mario's brother, Northampton?

Back
Top Bottom