Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Discussions were being held on an option that was it, dont know if hes still with family, but he hasnt been included in any sampadoria squads in Jan

Any news on the alleged signing that was supposed to be done this week?

Edited to say that I had no intention in tone to be doubtful - I appreciate our ITKs and was just following up if they heard anything with the understanding that things change.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would honestly even take a loss if the Saudis offered £15m+ if only to get him off the books going forward.
Maybe Mendes will move him on for cash on the proviso we buy his new client Reyna from Dortmund?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja makes sense. He needs regular game time after his injury so a loan with an option might be just the ticket for both us and him. He certainly is better and a better fit than who we have got and who we have loaned out.

Keep Fraser as an enthusiastic goal threat from the bench and we will be OK for the rest of the season.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news on the alleged signing that was supposed to be done this week?

Edited to say that I had no intention in tone to be doubtful - I appreciate our ITKs and was just following up if they heard anything with the understanding that things change.
Again told 15th was the time to get something done, this week. Does that mean anything who knows, just that discussions were being held scouting team were busy, targets identified, but obviously we need to shift, we have done alot of development loans out plus sasa and fabio.

Lets see if there are more concrete links this weekend. But broja being reported in the guardian is a better link than we have previously, plus the reyna links (although mendes)

I think once jonny is offloaded we will move

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja makes sense. He needs regular game time after his injury so a loan with an option might be just the ticket for both us and him. He certainly is better and a better fit than who we have got and who we have loaned out.

Keep Fraser as an enthusiastic goal threat from the bench and we will be OK for the rest of the season.
broja chelsea, will probably want a 30m option. Hed have to a very good season to get that, shame he will be cup tied if we got him to

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would honestly even take a loss if the Saudis offered £15m+ if only to get him off the books going forward.
That would depend on his balance sheet value currently. Think we bought him for 32m euros on a 5 year contract, and he is 18 months into his contract so realistically we need above 23m euros for him to not have a negative affect on ffp. At the very least lets hope its a sale and not a loan. Strange how the article says he has had a very good offer but no mention of his parent club whoch makes me think its a loan. Not great for wolves as the ability to sell him after being out in the sticks on loan in saudi for 6 months would be even harder than it is now.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again told 15th was the time to get something done, this week. Does that mean anything who knows, just that discussions were being held scouting team were busy, targets identified, but obviously we need to shift, we have done alot of development loans out plus sasa and fabio.

Lets see if there are more concrete links this weekend. But broja being reported in the guardian is a better link than we have previously, plus the reyna links (although mendes)

I think once jonny is offloaded we will move
Why do we obviously have to shift ? We have shifted a lot already from a small squad .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we obviously have to shift ? We have shifted a lot alraedy from asmall squad .

We require a minimum 11m profit this year. We have to account for JL severance costs this year. We want to make a net net position.

Jonny is on major wages, freeing those wages up give far more wriggle room.

We have renewed kilmans contract this year, signed cunha permanently as well as b traore, it does make sense if you look at it as a whole.

we also extended semedos

Equally jonny is in the squad so doesnt impact the small squad.

We need 9m profits for 23-24 given our wages etc the less we have the better.

To then move into another year of spend next year

Last edited:

dnf14

Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right proper tier 1

we can go get him

Fulham west ham wolves linked

What does not help us is permanent sale

So we would have to look at loan with obligation? how much do fulham and west ham have to play with?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Right proper tier 1

we can go get him

So we would have to look at loan with obligation? how much do fulham and west ham have to play with?
We won’t want to buy him will we.

dnf14

Reaction score
Right proper tier 1

we can go get him

Wouldn't go anywhere near an obligation with Broja with his injuries. Option or nothing at all.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not fussed as much about the fee for Guedes as i am getting the wages off the books, believe the new rules around FFP(P&S) are more around wages to turnover right? - although please educate me if im mistaken :)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chelsea are tough negotiators in terms of sales. Don't think Broja is it.

Also, to be honest, I see a guy with a knee injury looking thicker than before and it doesn't give me a good feeling.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not fussed as much about the fee for Guedes as i am getting the wages off the books, believe the new rules around FFP(P&S) are more around wages to turnover right? - although please educate me if im mistaken :)
It's basically everything you spend on players (transfers, wages and agent fees) can't be more than 70% of your income.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's basically everything you spend on players (transfers, wages and agent fees) can't be more than 70% of your income.
And you can spread fees over up to five years of contracts.

So if a player is on 100k/week, that's 5.2m/year. If they were bought for 25m and signed a five year (+) contract, their cost is a little over 10m/year. Plus whatever agent fees get paid.

The wages really matter.

So, back of envelope, wolves have turnover around 170m, they can spend .7*170m= 85+34=119m. You will want a bit of wiggle room there.

Yes, having like 10m a year tied up in Fabio is not great. Same with Guedes.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be for the 2024 summer thread but we may face the reality of selling Neto in the summer. Two players I think we need to sign to replace him are both in the championship.

Jaden Philogene - Hull City
22 when the summer window opens, came through Villas Academy after joining them from an Academy in London called Direct Pro, had interest in Barca and Dortmund while at Villa, and after two loan spells in the championship where he improved each time, he left for Hull after he wanted regular game time which was blocked by Villas big singings in the summer. Way too good for the league and now an england under 21 player. Very fast, two footed and creative with the ball. 6 goals and 5 assists in 14 games in the championship this term.

John Rowe - Norwich City
21 in the summer, been with Norwhich since 2014. this season in 25 games in the championship he has scored 11 goals and got 2 assists... from the wing!! like Jaden he is fast, a strong runner with the ball and can play on either wing!! He was going to be a part of Norwich squad in the championship but he had a horrible injury that kept him out. Now back and back to his best, he is way too good for the divsion.

I think both players should be signed with the idea of them starting. They will fit into our style of play, add pace and can carry the ball up the pitch while both being wide players that add goals and assists to the side. They won't come cheap. But are both Home grown which will help us with registation.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never heard of Musa, looks like a beast on YouTube though. Tall, strong and pretty quick.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a no for me on Brojan. Looked like a donkey at Southampton and had a nasty injury. He's a big bloke that is mobile and wants to score goals. But he has a dodgy touch and looks very poor infront of goal since coming back. If he was cheap then it would be worth a go but the price and wages he'll be on I would look elsewhere.

On Peter Musa, i'm still not sold on him. Tall but no strong, a typical poacher style player who likes a flick on. He looks like the type of player Southampton would sign for £15m and he would score 1 goal in 25 games before going back out to join a meh club in a weaker divsion and look alright again.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be for the 2024 summer thread but we may face the reality of selling Neto in the summer. Two players I think we need to sign to replace him are both in the championship.

Jaden Philogene - Hull City
22 when the summer window opens, came through Villas Academy after joining them from an Academy in London called Direct Pro, had interest in Barca and Dortmund while at Villa, and after two loan spells in the championship where he improved each time, he left for Hull after he wanted regular game time which was blocked by Villas big singings in the summer. Way too good for the league and now an england under 21 player. Very fast, two footed and creative with the ball. 6 goals and 5 assists in 14 games in the championship this term.

John Rowe - Norwich City
21 in the summer, been with Norwhich since 2014. this season in 25 games in the championship he has scored 11 goals and got 2 assists... from the wing!! like Jaden he is fast, a strong runner with the ball and can play on either wing!! He was going to be a part of Norwich squad in the championship but he had a horrible injury that kept him out. Now back and back to his best, he is way too good for the divsion.

I think both players should be signed with the idea of them starting. They will fit into our style of play, add pace and can carry the ball up the pitch while both being wide players that add goals and assists to the side. They won't come cheap. But are both Home grown which will help us with registation.
you’re assuming we can afford.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a no for me on Brojan. Looked like a donkey at Southampton and had a nasty injury. He's a big bloke that is mobile and wants to score goals. But he has a dodgy touch and looks very poor infront of goal since coming back. If he was cheap then it would be worth a go but the price and wages he'll be on I would look elsewhere.

On Peter Musa, i'm still not sold on him. Tall but no strong, a typical poacher style player who likes a flick on. He looks like the type of player Southampton would sign for £15m and he would score 1 goal in 25 games before going back out to join a meh club in a weaker divsion and look alright again.
https://x.com/pedrogva6/status/1747606187816652962?s=20

musa

Back
Top Bottom