Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oooooo it’s nearly time!!!!!

Looking forward to some decent rumours!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From 'Stretty News'

Amad Diallo has yet to make a competitive appearance this season but that won’t stop clubs from trying to sign the winger in January.

The 21-year-old sustained a knee injury during the pre-season tour and he’s still going through the recovery process.

That said, with Amad now working with the ball at training, we should see him return after the international break.

Reports this week suggest that Wolves will try to sign Amad on loan in January.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replace 3, if possible.... Sarabia, Silva and Jonny....

Jonny could be done with Yerson....
Easier said than done though :rolleyes: You need to get other Teams genuinely interested in signing them, and then the player has to want to go. All of those 3 are on pretty handsome wages I would guess.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if any recruits break 20 million.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are probably a centre back, a wide forward light, in order to have real backup in most positions.

Add to that, Jonny, Sarabia and Fabio are all amongst our better earners, but nowhere near our best XI currently.

Perhaps move them on to replace them with players more suited to the league?

I'd then be looking at players out of contract next summer for some bargains.

I'd be happy with players like Che Adams, Eric Dier and Ryan Christie to add some PL experience and better squad depth!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easier said than done though :rolleyes: You need to get other Teams genuinely interested in signing them, and then the player has to want to go. All of those 3 are on pretty handsome wages I would guess.
Yes agree......Sporting apparently want Sarabia.....Silva you would be able to get a loan for......Jonny would be difficult with his wages...

Granted it's not easy but we need more options in those areas...we don't need to spend as such to do it .. loans, loan with option....as I say Yerson can replace Jonny.....How busy Hobbs was in the summer, I would expect him to have 3 outs, 2 ins all wrapped up by January 5th latest ..

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo isn’t the only player we have asked United about, but it is the only one to leak…..

Cards being played close to chests of people I know there, so more serious talks/fact finding might be going on as one of them is normally very loose lipped…..

It is the same one who told me about ten hag losing the dressing room about player support that I took down due to over sharing about a player weeks before the press or the United Stand started talking about it.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo isn’t the only player we have asked United about, but it is the only one to leak…..

Cards being played close to chests of people I know there, so more serious talks/fact finding might be going on as one of them is normally very loose lipped…..

It is the same one who told me about ten hag losing the dressing room about player support that I took down due to over sharing about a player weeks before the press or the United Stand started talking about it.
Facundo Pellistri..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo would make perfect sense. He's a very similar profile of wide forward to Neto and offers much better like for like cover than our current crop.

Combined with a striker coming in, it would give us great options across the front 3.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Diallo is brilliant.

He was a class above in the Championship last season.

But I would not want to sign him in January unless we're fighting relegation. Otherwise we're just helping Man United make their player better. No thanks.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But I would not want to sign him in January unless we're fighting relegation. Otherwise we're just helping Man United make their player better. No thanks.
Our forward line needs a couple of players and without Neto we are crying out for pace. We are far from safe and I doubt we have cash to spend, so I don't care if we are giving another teams player some minutes, Diallo would make us stronger.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Normally I'd agree with this but money is tight and we're desperate for a solid winger, either to compliment or back up Neto, this would be a good deal for Wolves.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo and Sancho are hopefully on our radar. We just need to sell Sarabia , Silva and Jonny. Get as much as we can ready to bolster the defence in the summer. Dawson can’t go on forever

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Facundo Pellistri..
I don’t know mate, i did cheekily push as one of them is really really loose lipped…. And he didn’t let it out….

He accidently told me about Wan Bissaka 2 months before we got down to the final hours for the deal and the injury to Dalot killing the deal!! He was as good as gone, all terms agreed, similar sale collapse as neves with arsenal when Xhaka sale collapsed at the 11th hour.

I think it might be a player we wouldn’t expect! As the last time they went radio silent before a move out of old Trafford it was the sale of elanga to forest who they quite liked and many at the club saw a good future for!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo and Sancho are hopefully on our radar. We just need to sell Sarabia , Silva and Jonny. Get as much as we can ready to bolster the defence in the summer. Dawson can’t go on forever
Sancho is being set up to go back to Dortmund

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know mate, i did cheekily push as one of them is really really loose lipped…. And he didn’t let it out….

He accidently told me about Wan Bissaka 2 months before we got down to the final hours for the deal and the injury to Dalot killing the deal!! He was as good as gone, all terms agreed, similar sale collapse as neves with arsenal when Xhaka sale collapsed at the 11th hour.

I think it might be a player we wouldn’t expect! As the last time they went radio silent before a move out of old Trafford it was the sale of elanga to forest who they quite liked and many at the club saw a good future for!
I've said before, I've got a connection to someone at Man utd who is involved with Man utd first team.....he told me about wann bisakka before it came out....about October time last year.....he also told me they wanted Ronaldo and Sancho out the club......Ronaldo went....Sancho is a pain in the ass....he told me he kept disappearing and was always in Ibiza....he kept saying he was injured and the medical team couldnt find nothing wrong with him....as I say that was 12 months ago......so things obviously haven't improved.....

Anyway we've asked about Facundo Pellistri.....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said before, I've got a connection to someone at Man utd who is involved with Man utd first team.....he told me about wann bisakka before it came out....about October time last year.....he also told me they wanted Ronaldo and Sancho out the club......Ronaldo went....Sancho is a pain in the ass....he told me he kept disappearing and was always in Ibiza....he kept saying he was injured and the medical team couldnt find nothing wrong with him....as I say that was 12 months ago......so things obviously haven't improved.....

Sorry mate, misunderstood your post with just his name.

Interesting we both heard about AWB around the same time… spooky!!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loan or perm?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least surprising news ever. Will potentially screw teams like Watford if they get promoted, Citeh and indeed us (if Grasshoppers count) though ...

I can’t see this ban passing, too many teams have common ownership with other clubs:

Man City
Chelsea
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Forest
Wolves
Aston Villa
Brighton
Everton (if the 777 deal goes through)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see this ban passing, too many teams have common ownership with other clubs:

Man City
Chelsea
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Forest
Wolves
Aston Villa
Brighton
They will use intermediaries to get it done….

Like a cheap transfer from partner club to another non related club and they get a tidy fee for doing the deal.

Basically money laundering with players

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any names people would like us to realistically to sign?

Some players to keep an eye on. From my own viewing. Not saying sign all of them but I feel some would offer us potential to improve us

Jordan Lotomba RB / LB
Marco Kana DM / CB
Giorgi Gocholeishvili - right wing back
Raphael Veiga - CAM
Pedrinho - winger
Moses Simon - winger
Jonas Wind - forward
Jack Clarke - forward
Michail Antonio - forward

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Man City
Chelsea
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Forest
Wolves
Aston Villa
Brighton
Rumours to be nothing stopping clubs loaning players out, like we do.. it’s to stop the mega-rich buying up clubs and using them as vessels to get talent in via the backdoor. So it would be an embargo on incoming loans and won’t affect outgoing.

Could see it getting passed that way. The City’s and Chelsea’s will want to keep Newcastle’s snout out as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom