Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Years, he's done.
Any other year he may have been in a job already in the premier league....serves him right picking the year , everybody is watching the pennies and probably doing what was expected in terms of league position.....

Haven't seen him in the gym for about a month , so can't even laugh at him.....

dnf14

Reaction score
And a couple more of their decent youngsters
Get a couple players from Girona, they've been absolute mustard this season and City couldn't even put the buy-back clauses they love into the deal because they never "owned" them.

Rowzed

Reaction score
if we sold every player in form fans would revolt. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
That’s very true, but at the time, as later with OO, there was ample evidence of Bright going missing as and when it suited him even in the Academy.

Nuno took a much firmer line on non-compliant but talented characters. Jordan Graham, a really bright prospect was moved on when he wanted to play as a winger and Nuno wanted wing-backs; it was a take it or leave option. Kortney Hause, England U21 defender, similarly vanished without trace at Villa.

We almost had the opposite of that with Rayan and Lopetegui. You shape up ( as Coady did ) or you are shipped out.

I like the fact that GO’N will work with what he has got, he’s had little choice so far, but I’m sure if a player regularly skipped training he would be out the door.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s very true, but at the time, as later with OO, there was ample evidence of Bright going missing as and when it suited him even in the Academy.

Nuno took a much firmer line on non-compliant but talented characters. Jordan Graham, a really bright prospect was moved on when he wanted to play as a winger and Nuno wanted wing-backs; it was a take it or leave option. Kortney Hause, England U21 defender, similarly vanished without trace at Villa.

We almost had the opposite of that with Rayan and Lopetegui. You shape up ( as Coady did ) or you are shipped out.

I like the fact that GO’N will work with what he has got, he’s had little choice so far, but I’m sure if a player regularly skipped training he would be out the door.
without a doubt. i knew Bright a bit professionally and always had that worry

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it another year without a new job and he'll start feeding Balague bits about "unfinished business at Wolves " and "Being open to a return.."

Fortunately by that time GON will be still be here and fully embraced in building on from this seasons succes.
With a trophy in the cabinet.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably because he always seemed to have a blinder against us
Yes probably.....it's only looking back in hindsight mind.....he might have done ok for us ...Who knows.......but I think it just highlights how difficult it is to get it right and how it is easy to get it wrong....

Says the bloke who was chuffed we signed Guedes ....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How much truth do we think nuno got, i know you want a small squad so cut it for us.

Likely you will get 6 point deduction so just be 6 points above the drop?

Most Forest fans are expecting more like a 10-12 point deduction. If Nuno was told none or 6, it’s not exactly building a foundation of trust with the owners. But I would definitely assume part of the rationale of bringing him in was his ability to streamline their bloated squad.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guardian saying we want Broja from Chelsea on loan with an option

He was really good for Southampton but has struggled since his serious knee injury. Is that down to the injury, Chelsea's form, Poch's tactics or a bit of all 3?

I think he'd be worth a punt but our history with strikers after cruciate injuries makes me want to think twice.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja looks as mobile as a wardrobe. I’m getting modern day Leon Clarke vibes. It’s a no from me though at least a loan with an option would allow us to see how well he fits in.
I don't know about Leon Clarke

The interest from Wolves is at an exploratory stage and it is unlikely they would be able to pursue a permanent deal for Broja. Their initial preference would be a loan with an option to buy in the summer. Several clubs are monitoring his situation and he has been targeted by Napoli and Milan in the past.

Broja is a product of Chelsea’s academy. Selling him would boost their financial fair play position. Money received for academy players goes down as pure profit in FFP terms.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja looks as mobile as a wardrobe. I’m getting modern day Leon Clarke vibes. It’s a no from me though at least a loan with an option would allow us to see how well he fits in.
Tend to agree with this to be honest. He would come at a premium from Chelsea as well.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have to be a loan with option which would be fine for us to see how he actually is. I don't think he's the man for us but he did look good before the injury.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like a relatively immobile 'back to goal' striker to me. Not sure GON wants that.

dnf14

Reaction score
Looks like a relatively immobile 'back to goal' striker to me. Not sure GON wants that.
He wasn't that for Saints tbf but I can't say I can make an informed opinion on him post-injuries.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think his progressive carries and successful take ons suggest Broja is pretty mobile for a wardrobe.
Screenshot_20240116_182142_Chrome.jpg

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom