Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people might find they appreciate Killman more after he leaves; his absence would be noticed.
A lot of the good stuff Killman does goes under the radar because he is generally so calm and composed it goes slightly unnoticed.
Agree 100% … but I guess every player has his price. I hope he doesn’t leave. He’s a big part of our progress this season.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think people might find they appreciate Killman more after he leaves; his absence would be noticed.
A lot of the good stuff Killman does goes under the radar because he is generally so calm and composed it goes slightly unnoticed.
Don't get me wrong I love Max, I just think 40m is a very good deal for a player at his level.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is maturing nicely. I can see why he is in demand. Was not so sure of that last year.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Kilman is underrated by too many wolves fans. Very good at one on ones and has good pace, he’d be a big miss if he were to go. Still young and inexperienced for a centre back.
This is the thing, he is potentially approaching the best 5 or 6 years of his career and as much as I'm not 100% convinced he should be captain at the moment I think we would miss him big time if he left.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kilman is underrated by too many wolves fans. Very good at one on ones and has good pace, he’d be a big miss if he were to go. Still young and inexperienced for a centre back.
In a 3 yes he’s not good in a 2

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa has probably forced the move and they don’t want him or his family unhappy and disruptive. Hopefully etike is lined up #agent Sarabia

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we start having players poached by the likes of West Ham we may as well give up. It’s one thing one of the big boys poaching your players, but West Ham?

Can’t see it happening anyway, we turned down a similar bid from Napoli in the summer. The whole story centres around O’Neil’s comments that we still have the same financial restrictions we had in summer, which some people have taken to mean we need to sell more first team players. Which we don’t.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Continued reports from France that we are working hard to bring Hugo Etitike here. PSG open to a move, as is Hugo. Competition from German clubs such as Wolfsburg, but it seems the stumbling block is wages of around £80k a week. While we can out compete German clubs in that regard, his current wages would be a stretch for our salary structure given his age and FFP considerations. But I’m not sure I see that level of wages as a showstopper if we are genuinely interested and believe he’s plan A. But wouldn’t want to upset our existing squad by overpaying his wages either.

If, as reported, PSG want him off their books they will surely subsidise at least part of his wages. (Crazy that he went from 2k a week at Reims to 80k a week at PSG). Good that PSG don't like the terms Palace are offering.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we start having players poached by the likes of West Ham we may as well give up. It’s one thing one of the big boys poaching your players, but West Ham?

Can’t see it happening anyway, we turned down a similar bid from Napoli in the summer. The whole story centres around O’Neil’s comments that we still have the same financial restrictions we had in summer, which some people have taken to mean we need to sell more first team players. Which we don’t.
Doesn’t matter who buys them as long as we’re getting the fee we want.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but is that etitke

Aye got a clue if I'm honest.....but if I was to place a bet would 100% chuck it on Ekitike......as I've been saying since November and keep predicting....

Continued reports from France that we are working hard to bring Hugo Etitike here

I'd love to see Ekitike here but, with the purse strings really tight, maybe go for his cheaper, less talented but far more physical relative from Yorkshire, Ekithump?

Sorry

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get people wanting us to sell Kilman in this window. We need to keep core of this team for rest of season. We lost so much of team last window.
I’d not but our current situation will sadly dictate it to an extent.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest confusion I have with Sasa is that he's never really been given a real chance. He's chipped with 4 goal contributions in basically 3 full games worth of minutes.

I get that his style of play doesn't really fit Gary's ideals (high work ethic, quick on the break or able to deliver good balls like Sarabia), but we're not going to find any better than Sasa for a backup unless the plan to is to go young. But then those players need minutes to develop.

I guess the loan is in hopes he does well and we can sell him. I hope Hobbs has a full vision of where be wants to take this.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could get £35-40m that would massively help with FFP for team improvements and we could make Lemina captain which woukd go down really well.
He's just getting into his prime as a CB and you want to sell him ? I don't get it but I know some don't rate him.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally i think if the potential bids of 40m for max, big bid for Sa etc come in this winter then i think we should take them as long as we have replacement targets lined up. We wld have half a season to bed in the new players ready to go into next season and as for the rest of this season, we realistically need to win another 3 games to be safe.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40M for Kilman is a good price in isolation but selling your captain.... to West Ham.... in January?

Nah, not for me. Bad plan.
If we need money for FFP selling someone like kilman would be great for it.

Hardly incredible and whilst he’s captain on paper, I’m not sure the team would miss his “leadership”.

It’s when we sell the likes of Neto in the summer and joao Gomes in 2 years that will really hurt us. Those players are really hard to find

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
The great points return in December means we should stay up. Young midfielders have stepped up, no need to strengthen. Defence has been solid, returning loaned CH could boost, no need to weaken. Two strikers loaned out, our only first team striker in Asia Cup. The clear need for me is to bring at least one striker in on loan until the end of the season.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I we get offered anywhere near 40 million for Kilman I would snap theory hands off personally. Santiago has shown he can step up for me and will only improve the more he gets used to the league. He will play the Dawson role in years to come.

With the 40 million, we could improve the team. I agree with the players stated above.

Back
Top Bottom