Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Sasa is still firmly part of the plans at the moment. He's a consideration every time we pick at team and every time we make a sub.

"At this moment in time, with the numbers we have, Sasa definitely won't be going anywhere."

Comments from a week ago. Don’t get it. But let’s hope something is close.
Don't believe everything you read / hear!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 3 league goals in 3 seasons and a dubious injury record generally I’d say £80 million is a stretch of the imagination for Neto. First club that puts £60 million on the table and Jeff will drive him there himself
I’m not so sure, I get that the stats aren’t great but I’d say Neto has a good enough reputation to carry a premium value as long as he carries on his form injury free (bit of an if, granted) until the end of the season. I think, in our favour, is that he doesn’t seem like the type to sulk and force a move which will help too. Starting bid of £60m but we could get more if we can get a bidding war started.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No problem with Sasa going before a replacement. It shows how little GON rates him to play in this system. He’d rather play with a false 9 than a relatively immobile focal point. Regardless of the numbers we have, he’s been so ineffective (largely) coming on as a sub that Fraser would probably be the better option style-wise.

Having another look at him in the summer makes sense; we will have hopefully nailed how GON wants us to play for the most part so might have more time to adapt an alternative approach to accommodate him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No problem with Sasa going before a replacement. It shows how little GON rates him to play in this system. He’d rather play with a false 9 than a relatively immobile focal point. Regardless of the numbers we have, he’s been so ineffective (largely) coming on as a sub that Fraser would probably be the better option style-wise.

Having another look at him in the summer makes sense; we will have hopefully nailed how GON wants us to play for the most part so might have more time to adapt an alternative approach to accommodate him.
I mean good point , let's see if Fraser still goes to Shrewsbury.

There must be a plan somehow

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing but assuming that Fraser would have gone on loan already if he wasn’t the backup plan in case we don’t get a striker.
Saza n Fabio were moved for wages to free up the incoming player (s).....we need this window to be net zero ......people can say we should wait but you can't , can you cause Rangers and Frankfurt might go elsewhere....and then you wouldn't be in the position to bring someone in..

Said a bit a go I had me suspicions that as we seemed to be linked with the same few strikers that Frankfurt were getting linked with , it as if the same bloke was moving the players around and then Frankfurt sign Saza , a wolves player. ...it's obvious something is going on.....you don't need to be inspector clueso.....or to pretend to be ITK ....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ings is proven in the Prem. He's got goals for Saints and Villa, but just 2 in 27 for WHU including none this season. He's 31 and due to age and injuries, his best days are behind him. However, Sasa is unproven in the Prem and also is succumbing to injuries. His confidence is lacking and it's clear that he wants away from Wolves.
In an ideal world I'd take neither and be looking for better, but the world is not ideal, so it looks as though Ings may be the incoming striker. Personally, I think Che Adams would be more suited to us, though.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ings doesn't fit our style of play at all, so in that basis I wouldn't go anywhere near him.
Yeh that's the biggest point for me, makes zero sense given the kind of player we *think* we're after.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ings is proven in the Prem. He's got goals for Saints and Villa, but just 2 in 27 for WHU including none this season. He's 31 and due to age and injuries, his best days are behind him. However, Sasa is unproven in the Prem and also is succumbing to injuries. His confidence is lacking and it's clear that he wants away from Wolves.
In an ideal world I'd take neither and be looking for better, but the world is not ideal, so it looks as though Ings may be the incoming striker. Personally, I think Che Adams would be more suited to us, though.
I’m on the other side of the fence but this is a good post for balance, all fair points.

I’d rather have Sasa as an option off the bench than Ings, but the comparisons you’ve made are fair.

I agree we should be looking for better (Che Adams included) and I reckon we are.

My gut feeling (and hope) is we’ll sign Ekitike.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Sasa is still firmly part of the plans at the moment. He's a consideration every time we pick at team and every time we make a sub.

"At this moment in time, with the numbers we have, Sasa definitely won't be going anywhere."

Comments from a week ago. Don’t get it. But let’s hope something is close.

Donald trump. The art of the deal. But also insurance policy on the player’s commitment and mentality incase the loan fell through?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comment on telegraph says to me ings is lower down the pecking order but still an option

Wolves are only looking at loan deals this month and are likely to wait for more options to become available before moving later in the window.

Noah lemina won't be the winger either so two loans in perhaps?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find the concept of a manager having no say at all on player recruitment difficult to get my head around … especially when their fate is so closely linked to the players at their disposal. Probably a generational thing.
It is a generational thing, or more a UK thing, we kept the idea of the omnipotent, all encompassing manager much longer than most across the continent.
There are a lot of varying degrees though.
It could have been GON’s given brief to score more goals and press higher, as well as keep us up. We’ll then give you choices for players that are capable of that.
It could also have been, that the one and only target was stay up, what style do you think will achieve that, so what kind of player profiles are commensurate with that, we’ll find the options.

It’s why Klopp and Edwards worked at Liverpool.
He came in with a very clear target style, which made specific player profiles and attributes needed in each position.

Doesn’t matter who’s idea it is, as long as there’s a proper plan and they’re all on board with it.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Comment on telegraph says to me ings is lower down the pecking order but still an option

Wolves are only looking at loan deals this month and are likely to wait for more options to become available before moving later in the window.

Noah lemina won't be the winger either so two loans in perhaps?
Noha is off?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come Eintract and Rangers have managed to add two elusive number 9s this window ?
I gather no one lets them go, they are like hens teeth and these things wait until summer.
I only really follow WWFC ( out of hubdreds of European clubs ) and thats two out from us !!
HUMBUG

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's won us more than 20% of our points this season coming on as a sub. Just saying.
Correct, but the team hasn’t gotten better the times he’s come on. If it’s chasing the game time then I’d have him as an option but he’s never coming on if we are ahead or level.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton aren’t going to let Che Adams go on loan for the last six months of his contract.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...and not forgetting baby...
Classy move from the club

If there's one common thing I always hear from past and present players it's that Wolves feels like a family and it's precisely because they act like like they have for Sasa

I'd proffer it's a big reason why we hold onto our stars a lot longer than other clubs of a similar stature

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classy move from the club

If there's one common thing I always hear from past and present players it's that Wolves feels like a family and it's precisely because they act like like they have for Sasa

I'd proffer it's a big reason why we hold onto our stars a lot longer than other clubs of a similar stature

Don’t forget the player has to want to move on also, and the new potential club might not offer the environment they want that they love at wolves.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think its pretty clear by now that GON doesnt want an out and out striker
The players he choses week in week out prove that
Cunha,Hwang,Neto,Sarabia,Bellegarde all are pacey, high pressing ,mobile forwards that can do their bit defensively,but all have goals in them
Thats the type he likes and will want to bring in

Back
Top Bottom