Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Dendoncker our most important player?

Rugrats

Reaction score
Late to the party 23 pages in but did it start on April 1st ?

Semedo to me is our most important player - if you can get great money for Neves no problem, cash in, but keep Semedo, he is our class.

R

reanswolf

He is what he is- a hard working lump with aerial presence but no footballing ability.

I know that’s harsh but I just don’t see what some people see in him. He is a great lad who reads the game well but has the turning circle of a slow version of Kevin MacDonald . At least Kmac had vision and a range of passing .

But come on lad, you still have a habit of popping up with an involvement in a goal here and there!

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Always manages to find a backward or short crab side way pass. Poor in possession and has twice given the ball away in dangerous positions.
Need to upgrade him in the summer.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Tielemans is a classy player, but he’s not getting better really and wants out. Neves is getting better as the season goes on. Neves is a bargain to be had at 60m Tielemans will probably cost the same with his contract running down. Wonder if citeh will make a move for him??
Not a prayer Neves will go for £60m - not a prayer

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The boy needs a rocket up his **** and triple training sessions for the rest of the season!

He is a fundamental weakness in the middle of the park and needs to either step it up or be consigned to the bench, with a new and vibrant midfielder.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have stuck up for him before but he was incredibly poor today.

Can’t understand why when he and Neves play together, Neves plays as the deeper of the two. When the ball gets fed into him, he just turns and plays back anyway.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker isn’t a midfielder he’s a slow iv seen more penetration from my nan who’s been dead 20 years

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why didn’t we start Cundle FFS
96% pass conversion and a MOTM performance against Spurs and then completely overlooked since.

Dendoncker is a fraud, this generations Dangerous Dave.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was awesome for us a few seasons back, his coming into the side really helped Neves when he was struggling and it seemed we couldn't play both Neves and Moutinho at the same time, but he's done little in the last 2 years, always loses out on 50/50 tackles, doesn't seem to have much faith in his passing ability. Not aggressive enough to play the role we're asking him to play. Even when he does get into the box, his finishing hasn't been up to standard.

And no matter what Wolves say in hindsight, he was 100% signed to play in the back 3, probably as a replacement for Bennett. Not as a midfielder.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should never be starting in a midfield two - simple as. Can’t pick a forward pass and hides.
Way way past his sell by date.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played well in the 3 with cundle the other day but in a 2 he's woeful. I don't understand how we played him with neves today knowing how awful he is in that formation. It's difficult to blame doncks himself tbh as we know what he can and can't do and it's not like he isn't bothered - at spurs he was driving the team on. He's just a limited player.

T

TheConcourse

I think I’d move him on in the summer I’m afraid. Looked better in the previous couple of games but it’s still not quite enough.

If he would just take the ball on the half turn it would improve his game.
That’s the scary thing.. people were praising his performances over the last couple of games - they were bang average. That’s the level of expectation.

It’s not good enough, and it certainly isn’t good enough for him to not improve. He’s better than this. He’s a DM. Work hard, win the ball and pass it. That should be his job. He is nowhere near good enough to be an attacking threat.

Jack of all trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk should have focused his career in being a centre back, or at least the deepest holding midfielder. He seems to fancy himself as an all action box to box attacking type, and he’s just not quite got the tools in his box for that.

(He probably lacks the aggression for an out and out defensive player, but that could have been developed if he’d wanted to)

R

reanswolf

Absolutely not this. One of his biggest issues is his reading of the game. He's clueless at what's going on around him and looks shocked every time he finds the ball at his feet.
I think he does read the game ok, it’s just his mobility and slow feet hamper him.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's completely nose dived from his early days under Nuno where he was a key fixture in midfield I can't think of many who have regressed so badly in recent times.

In a 3 he isn't too bad but in a 2 he is ineffective and looks like a centre back playing in midfield.

I feel he's only future here will be as a centre back but I don't think that's where he wants to play or do I think he will be high up the pecking order. I think he will 100% be gone in the summer

Contrada Lupa

Reaction score
Two myths: he can't head the ball, and he can't tackle.

His size is very deceptive.

And his passing is poor, short medium or long.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was awful yesterday and that's being kind. Indebted to Sa after he gifted West Ham two gilt-edged opportunities.

Needs to be off-loaded this summer.

R

reanswolf

Leander Dendoncker - 4​

The Belgian struggles in a two-man midfield and again he was ineffective. Too often he gave the ball away and made no advances forward.

And this is the marking of his biggest fan Liam Keen.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned it yesterday in the comms thread. There was a point in the first half where Hoever was stuck in the corner and desperate for an out ball, Dendoncker had twenty yards of grass ahead of him that he could have moved into to give an option but he just stood still on the edge of our box, marking himself, watching as Hoever eventually lost the ball. He was a total passenger

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Hoever, Trincao and Donk often 'operating' (to put it kindly) together down the right, I can't think of a poorer right-sided trio for years.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When there are midfielders like Xeka, Hector Herrera, Boubacar Kamara & Matias Vecino all out of contract in the summer you would hope we might use someone like Dendoncker as a way to raise funds with a better fit for Lage's system potentially available for free

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems to fancy himself as an all action box to box attacking type, and he’s just not quite got the tools in his box for that.
More likely its Bruno who sees him in this role. If we go to a back 4 I'd be interested to see him paired with Kilman.

Back
Top Bottom