Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Dendoncker our most important player?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb contributions to both goals on Saturday. That's what he's there for. Well done Donk.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club's owners have any ambition at all for more success on the pitch, Dendoncker is one of the players it needs to sell this summer and replace with better. He has been here quite a while and has never been more than adequate. But frequently less than adequate. And that's in every department of the game. I don't care what he does or doesn't do for Belgium, he just hasn't cut it for Wolves in the PL in any of the roles he has filled.

R

reanswolf

Superb contributions to both goals on Saturday. That's what he's there for. Well done Donk.
What 2 two-metre passes :)-.

Seriously, good interception for the 1st that set it up and got forward well for the equaliser.

He played well last fifteen minutes.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club's owners have any ambition at all for more success on the pitch, Dendoncker is one of the players it needs to sell this summer and replace with better. He has been here quite a while and has never been more than adequate. But frequently less than adequate. And that's in every department of the game. I don't care what he does or doesn't do for Belgium, he just hasn't cut it for Wolves in the PL in any of the roles he has filled.
I have to agree. Yes, he contributed for the goals but he also contributed to Chelsea overwhelming us in midfield for long periods. He can occasionally show some flashes of good defensive play and then just lapse back into being useless. Definitely needs upgrading.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have to agree. Yes, he contributed for the goals but he also contributed to Chelsea overwhelming us in midfield for long periods. He can occasionally show some flashes of good defensive play and then just lapse back into being useless. Definitely needs upgrading.
Midfield 3 all looked massively over matched 2nd half. Chelsea too strong, moved ball too quickly. Last 15 we bypassed the midfield a lot

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well to get into position to score and had a chance 2nd half, takes a lot of energy to get into supporting positions from midfield
Saying that though never made a tackle, closest he got to de bruyne was after the whistle for a chat.

R

reanswolf

I thought all 3 in midfield were slow and ponderous, but we knew that didn't we.
Hopefully De Bruyne is telling him that he needs to get out of Wolves as they are totally ****e :)-.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corrr, based on this evening, Ruben and Joao aren't fit to lace his boots.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play tonight. He was far better than Neves and Moutinho who vanished into thin air.
Neves whose been rushed back? Lack of respect from too many on here tonight. He could refuse to play like podence I guess, but maybe he’s got integrity.
Dendoncker was ****, he bottled a shot into an empty net. I would rather neves 11 times out of 10 even if he’s injured

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neves whose been rushed back? Lack of respect from too many on here tonight. He could refuse to play like podence I guess, but maybe he’s got integrity.
Dendoncker was ****, he bottled a shot into an empty net. I would rather neves 11 times out of 10 even if he’s injured
Being rushed back no excuse for hiding. If you're on the pitch I expect you to want the ball not mark yourself out of the game.
Podence not playing not having "integrity" is absolute *******s, you have no idea if Neves was rushed back.

On the pitch I will rate the performance, end of.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being rushed back no excuse for hiding. If you're on the pitch I expect you to want the ball not mark yourself out of the game.
Podence not playing not having "integrity" is absolute *******s, you have no idea if Neves was rushed back.

On the pitch I will rate the performance, end of.
Oh my god, you think he was hiding? Tells me all I need to know about you. Adios, you go back to your ranting about everything abs knowing nothing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Oh my god, you think he was hiding? Tells me all I need to know about you. Adios, you go back to your ranting about everything abs knowing nothing.
Even his biggest fans on here noticed it. Blokes around me mentioned it as well.

You haven't got a clue fella

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m in disbelief that people thought Donck played well last night. I’m not saying Neves or Moutinho did any better because they did not.

He might have been in the right place for his goal but his finish was awful. It only went in because the defender got in front of keep and deflected it.

Donck never gets close enough to the ball. He marks space not players and can’t tackle. He wins the occasional header. Positionally if you watch him he is always a yard away from a player or the ball. The phrase jockey the player the lad masters to a fine art but at least put a decent challenge in.

The lad can’t pass either. He lost the ball woefully three times in the first 30 minutes on the right and put us in danger.

He for me is a poor man’s Dave Edwards.

Please someone take him in the summer. In fact I’d even cancel his contract and get him off the books.

Clearly there is something because he plus for Belgium’s but what it is I don’t know.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m in disbelief that people thought Donck played well last night. I’m not saying Neves or Moutinho did any better because they did not.

He might have been in the right place for his goal but his finish was awful. It only went in because the defender got in front of keep and deflected it.

Donck never gets close enough to the ball. He marks space not players and can’t tackle. He wins the occasional header. Positionally if you watch him he is always a yard away from a player or the ball. The phrase jockey the player the lad masters to a fine art but at least put a decent challenge in.

The lad can’t pass either. He lost the ball woefully three times in the first 30 minutes on the right and put us in danger.

Please someone take him in the summer. In fact I’d even cancel his contract and get him off the books.

Clearly there is something because he plus for Belgium’s but what it is I don’t know.

I'm pretty sure it's cause he's Belgian.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At least Dave Edwards scored a few goals...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's because despite having some very accomplished players, the pool of talent for Belgium is actually quite small.

Any Belgian playing regularly in the top half of the Premier League is almost guaranteed a place in their squad.

He's also only ever asked to be a 'water-carrier' type player for Belgium. Sit and break things up, then give it to those in front of him who are better at football!!

It amazes me that we've never really seen him in that role for us.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his defence he probably doesn't ask to be in a role that asks him to provide some width on the right side - I think its now been 3 games Bruno has set up this way. Blame should fall on Lage for this.

A few shouts on here that he hides - absolutely he does. Compare his movement and availability to receive a pass compared to that of Moutinho. He rarely 'shows' and when he does, the consequence will largely be a backward pass.

Hopefully he is swiftly out the door this summer along with Saiss, Boly and Marcal.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

In his defence he probably doesn't ask to be in a role that asks him to provide some width on the right side - I think its now been 3 games Bruno has set up this way. Blame should fall on Lage for this.

A few shouts on here that he hides - absolutely he does. Compare his movement and availability to receive a pass compared to that of Moutinho. He rarely 'shows' and when he does, the consequence will largely be a backward pass.

Hopefully he is swiftly out the door this summer along with Saiss, Boly and Marcal.
Moutinho hide all game as well last night but yeah in general I agree with you

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Od

Maybe I was being a bit generous about him but he was still better than both Neves and Moutinho last night who were abysmal.
I'd say Moutinho was marginally better, Neves marginally worse, all three were dog ****. I'd also say his goal was a bit lucky, yes he got his head over the ball but it wasn't like he picked his spot, he got lucky. I quite like the lad, he's very limited ability-wise but I suppose growing up on 90s **** players I see him as okay.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was once,, but no longer. Hwang is the new man. MolMix always needs a villain, and our new Korean has finally taken the MHPOTS (most hated player of the season) award from Dendocker. Maybe Jeff will add a new display in the Wolves museum with photos and shirts of our most wanted?

R

reanswolf

He was once,, but no longer. Hwang is the new man. MolMix always needs a villain, and our new Korean has finally taken the MHPOTS (most hated player of the season) award from Dendocker. Maybe Jeff will add a new display in the Wolves museum with photos and shirts of our most wanted?
Understandable though, in both cases, sadly.
How do you think fans of other Premier League Clubs would be posting if these 2 players were in their teams?
I'm sorry, but it's not just a Wolves thing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understandable though, in both cases, sadly.
How do you think fans of other Premier League Clubs would be posting if these 2 players were in their teams?
I'm sorry, but it's not just a Wolves thing.

It’s not just a Wolves thing, you’re right. Every team has players which fans decide are undeserving of a place in their team.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we need to keep Dendoncker next season then we need to use him as a DM in the same way Belgium do and ban him from crossing the half way line , except for corners. He has missed a number of very presentable chances this season (but at least he was there eh?). Even then I think if Neves goes we need a better DM and more creative options especially if we are to move to a four at the back.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we need to keep Dendoncker next season then we need to use him as a DM in the same way Belgium do and ban him from crossing the half way line , except for corners. He has missed a number of very presentable chances this season (but at least he was there eh?). Even then I think if Neves goes we need a better DM and more creative options especially if we are to move to a four at the back.
Ban him from crossing the half way line :tearsofjoy: Stick a device on him, if he crosses the half way line he gets an electric shock

Back
Top Bottom