Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thats hodge off in jan then,

cant imagine he gets in above the current other 4

If I'm being picky , I would like another centre mid in January.....it was a worry of mine in the summer that lemina would miss more than a few games over the season, for a variety of reasons and it looks like that will be the case......we don't have to spend a fortune to get one but don't see a strong enough contender to replace him if he missed a long period without it impacting on the team.....that not dishing either bouba or Gomes....it's just pointing out they are quite inexperienced at this level.....

For me Hodge needed a loan in August ...

Last edited:

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey, off topic but whatever happened to that Pablo Sarabia fella?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Muscat been shortlisted for the Rangers job

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
c354aa0a47c0667d2d0cf2337b4fa9b657b3c42b95cdc2334f28f9587a2e02f4.jpg
Built it like **** and can't even spell it, although it might turn out to be one of the best seats in the house.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to get tickets sorted for Sheffield Utd away.

Why is the website so utterly ****. Just taking me on a constant loop.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me how so many new stadia and stands end up with so many restricted views.
Surely they can sort this out before they build them given modern computer design programming.

Everton fans are probably on a waiting list to get that coveted seat… :)

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This international break is really boring. There's another one next month as well. They should just organise the calender to get them out of the way in one go.
I would love to see a 6 week window where all the qualifiers all took place in one go.

In the mean time a new league cup format takes place (group stages followed by a round of 16 knock out stages all the way to the final) only featuring players who were not picked for internationals.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I would love to see a 6 week window where all the qualifiers all took place in one go.

In the mean time a new league cup format takes place (group stages followed by a round of 16 knock out stages all the way to the final) only featuring players who were not picked for internationals.
Because of timing of a holiday my next game after Villa is going to be Burnley on 5th December. And I only miss 2 home games

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Kilman is our longest serving current player

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This international break is really boring. There's another one next month as well. They should just organise the calender to get them out of the way in one go.
Like a international tournament in the summer or something

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody taken advantage of the Wolves lottery offer yet?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Modern football is boring me. I used to like this style of play when it was new. But after a decade plus of it and every team trying to play it. My god it's boring.

Losing so much individual brilliance from players and most games now have massive periods of teams just keeping the ball to kill the clock.

Hopefully "relationism" football kicks after the success in Brazil and we get some more diversity.

I would as wolves even look to go down that route.

We're not going to be be better then Man City at playing their game as we're not going to put Brighton in the transfer market. But maybe we could be the first to get into the new ideas in England and master them before anybody else does.

• Love
Reactions: Ned

SuziQ

Reaction score
There's a few minutes on former Wolves player Anthony Forde in episode 8 of the new series of the Welcome to Wrexham documentary if anyone is interested.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This from The Athletic‘s Oct. 17th.edition……..they rank Molineux 6th.
Wasn’t sure where to put this but this should do, I hope.
The link to the entire is below.

“Premier League stadium rankings: All 20 from worst to best – so you could shout at us.​

Molineux has been home to Wolves for more than 130 years. It was the first stadium built for use by a Football League club and among the first to have floodlights installed and host European club games. Its name originates from Benjamin Molineux, who purchased the land during the 18th century. The modern stadium was built following Sir Jack Hayward’s takeover of the club in 1990 after serious financial issues. A new two-tier Stan Cullis Stand was opened in 2012.

Best bits: Whatever Wolves’ issues with identity on the pitch, their Molineux home is truly distinctive, with warm, inviting architecture. It is a short walk from the city centre, the facilities are modern and the atmosphere is raucous. A quick walk around the ground is worth the effort, showing off how the stadium is cut into the land. Hopefully, you will also clock the statue of Wolves legend Billy Wright.

Where it falls short: The home support can be intimidating and it may not be the best place to walk around on your own in your away shirt. It is another ground with limited parking nearby, too. There are a lot of pubs nearby but few allow away supporters inside.

What I love about the place: “Let’s talk about the statues. The figures of Stan Cullis and Billy Wright, in particular, are among the best footballing tributes you will find anywhere. Let’s talk about the pre-match music. Hi Ho Silver Lining, obviously, but Kashmir is even better. When you have Robert Plant around, why not? Then there’s the location; a short stroll from the station and city-centre pubs, not stuck out of town on a retail park. It needs sprucing up in places but so do a few cathedrals, which is what Molineux is; a footballing cathedral at the centre of its community.” — Steve Madeley, Wolves correspondent
Oliver Kay says: “Molineux is a gem, but that wasn’t always the case. When I first went in 1982, it was a dump with an inexplicable 20-yard gap between the pitch and one of the stands. Even to my young eyes, it was a total eyesore. But I love it now. The design is slightly eccentric but it works, as does the old-gold colour scheme. Inside, particularly around the media suite and the executive boxes, the club’s proud history is rightly flaunted. And it’s a five-minute walk from the city centre. Seriously, what’s not to like?”

Verdict: Molineux has a perfect balance of modern facilities and an authentic atmosphere to rival anywhere in the country.”

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone on here would care about this anymore, but my boxing coach also trained Lopetegui and his son; and had carried on working with them after they left Wolves. He told me today that Lopetegui left Wolverhampton about two weeks ago. He says he thinks he was staying around in case a PL job came up. Not sure what JLo's plans are now bit perhaps he couldn't wait it out. No doubt he will be linked with the first big PL job that comes up though!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** modern football.

If they move it to Xmas eve, I will be selling my ST for that game in protest. Absolutely ridiculous.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This from The Athletic‘s Oct. 17th.edition……..they rank Molineux 6th.
Wasn’t sure where to put this but this should do, I hope.
The link to the entire is below.

“Premier League stadium rankings: All 20 from worst to best – so you could shout at us.​

Molineux has been home to Wolves for more than 130 years. It was the first stadium built for use by a Football League club and among the first to have floodlights installed and host European club games. Its name originates from Benjamin Molineux, who purchased the land during the 18th century. The modern stadium was built following Sir Jack Hayward’s takeover of the club in 1990 after serious financial issues. A new two-tier Stan Cullis Stand was opened in 2012.

Best bits: Whatever Wolves’ issues with identity on the pitch, their Molineux home is truly distinctive, with warm, inviting architecture. It is a short walk from the city centre, the facilities are modern and the atmosphere is raucous. A quick walk around the ground is worth the effort, showing off how the stadium is cut into the land. Hopefully, you will also clock the statue of Wolves legend Billy Wright.

Where it falls short: The home support can be intimidating and it may not be the best place to walk around on your own in your away shirt. It is another ground with limited parking nearby, too. There are a lot of pubs nearby but few allow away supporters inside.

What I love about the place: “Let’s talk about the statues. The figures of Stan Cullis and Billy Wright, in particular, are among the best footballing tributes you will find anywhere. Let’s talk about the pre-match music. Hi Ho Silver Lining, obviously, but Kashmir is even better. When you have Robert Plant around, why not? Then there’s the location; a short stroll from the station and city-centre pubs, not stuck out of town on a retail park. It needs sprucing up in places but so do a few cathedrals, which is what Molineux is; a footballing cathedral at the centre of its community.” — Steve Madeley, Wolves correspondent
Oliver Kay says: “Molineux is a gem, but that wasn’t always the case. When I first went in 1982, it was a dump with an inexplicable 20-yard gap between the pitch and one of the stands. Even to my young eyes, it was a total eyesore. But I love it now. The design is slightly eccentric but it works, as does the old-gold colour scheme. Inside, particularly around the media suite and the executive boxes, the club’s proud history is rightly flaunted. And it’s a five-minute walk from the city centre. Seriously, what’s not to like?”

Verdict: Molineux has a perfect balance of modern facilities and an authentic atmosphere to rival anywhere in the country.”

Can you copy the list for those of us who don't subscribe to the Athletic please Vancouver?

My list would be:
1) St James Park - unique ground, town centre, pubs away fans can use, good atmosphere
=2) Bramall Lane - proper ground, decent location, great pubs
=2) City Ground - same as Blades
4) Molineux - would be higher in the list (maybe =2) if the Steve Bull was next to the pitch and there were one or two away friendly pubs
5) Villa Park - on stadium and atmosphere it's nearer the top, but out of town location is crap
6) Craven Cottage - only falls down on atmosphere from the home fans
7) Anfield - would be higher if the atmosphere for less important games was better, but also not top because of location
8) Goodison - see Anfield
=9) Emirates - of all the 'new' grounds, it's a good'un, it has everything apart from atmosphere
=9) Selhurst Park - I might be alone here but I like it!

Bottom half we're on to grounds I'm not that keen on...

11) Brentford - not too far from the old place, some decent pubs nearby, meh
12) Turf Moor - traditional at least
13) Old Trafford - middle of nowhere ****hole
14) Stamford Bridge - it ticks lots of my boxes, in theory, (unique, 4 sided, some pubs around) but I just don't like it
15) CoM - never been, looks boring and in the middle of a postmodern inner city?
16) Kenilworth Road - bless
17) Falmer - again, not been, but it doesn't look great apart from being modern, which doesn't interest me tbh
18) Dean Court - crap in every respect
19) London Stadium - the worst ground I've ever been to, in any country, at any time

That's nineteen? I've missed one?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you copy the list for those of us who don't subscribe to the Athletic please Vancouver?

My list would be:
1) St James Park - unique ground, town centre, pubs away fans can use, good atmosphere
4) Molineux - would be higher in the list (maybe =2) if the Steve Bull was next to the pitch and there were one or two away friendly pubs
5) Villa Park - on stadium and atmosphere it's nearer the top, but out of town location is crap
7) Anfield - would be higher if the atmosphere for less important games was better, but also not top because of location
=9) Emirates - of all the 'new' grounds, it's a good'un, it has everything apart from atmosphere

14) Stamford Bridge - it ticks lots of my boxes, in theory, (unique, 4 sided, some pubs around) but I just don't like it
15) CoM - never been, looks boring and in the middle of a postmodern inner city?
17) Falmer - again, not been, but it doesn't look great apart from being modern, which doesn't interest me tbh
19) London Stadium - the worst ground I've ever been to, in any country, at any time

Spuds

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My list would be:

Sure.
I don’t subscribe to the Athletic but to the NYT which owns the Athletic so I do get me a few free articles.
hahaha…clicked on the link to cut n copy for you but my one free article has expired.
But I will find a way in next few days.

edit…..dang, just cleared out my history but although a NYT subscriber, I can’t get back into that Athletic article.
Sorry.

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My list would be:

Any article on the Athteic just paste the url into Internet wayback machine

100% legal

Back
Top Bottom