Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mods please delete if it’s not something you want to have but I thought it might be a decent idea to have a thread where we can post random comments or thoughts that aren’t worth a thread or don’t really fit in with any other threads.

It might be handy as I know I’ve had a few questions to ask/points to make but with the news section log jamming the search function I gave up trying to find somewhere suitable to post them.

Anyway, if there’s any appetite for it, here it is.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Mods please delete if it’s not something you want to have but I thought it might be a decent idea to have a thread where we can post random comments or thoughts that aren’t worth a thread or don’t really fit in with any other threads.

It might be handy as I know I’ve had a few questions to ask/points to make but with the news section log jamming the search function I gave up trying to find somewhere suitable to post them.

You make a good point about the news section now making searching on the forum a lost cause. Mods, is there anything that can be done about the news section absolutely ruining searching tools? Even anything that can be done in the advanced search tools to eliminate it from the results? I'm guessing the news section must be useful as some sort of SEO tool because I can't imagine many use it on here, it's full of low grade nonsense tittle tattle stories and has made searching for anything on the forum a waste of time.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wheels or doors?

Sorry, that's already been done.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Fine by me, but it needs to be football questions otherwise it becomes an OT thread. And I suspect you may already be fighting a losing battle on that score...

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Several times in the past I've wanted to ask a standalone question and thought about starting a thread like this one! A simple question that would get an answer or two and require no discussion, not worth a thread but not fitting into a match thread, a player thread, and so on. Football-related, of course.

It'd be nice if it didn't get outta control! The wise Mutchy expresses doubt.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Oddly I combined some of these when I started the Just 14 thread yesterday. I didn't think it really deserved a thread, but after 10 minutes hunting to find the 'Villa obsessed' thread only to discover it had been locked I thought I may as well. I can only imagine an 'AOB' thread would end in chaos though. Think we might already be demonstrating that!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine by me, but it needs to be football questions otherwise it becomes an OT thread. And I suspect you may already be fighting a losing battle on that score...

Always wondered this.....

If a player trapped the ball between both legs and the other 10 players got round them in a circle, inverted them, and carried them upside down into the opposition goal, would it work, or would a free-kick be given for obstruction?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If a player trapped the ball between both legs and the other 10 players got round them in a circle, inverted them, and carried them upside down into the opposition goal, would it work, or would a free-kick be given for obstruction?
You can imagine the commentator “that’s one from the training ground”

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't know the answer to this, but did you know that painting the lines on the pitch to be somehow different during a game is a bookable offence. It is genuinely listed in the rules of the game.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Similarly, could you lift a player up into the air on a set piece to try get a bit more height for a header? A bit like a lineout in rugby.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Similarly, could you lift a player up into the air on a set piece to try get a bit more height for a header? A bit like a lineout in rugby.

The goalkeeper? Who could then just catch the ball a metre above everyone else?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

unsporting behavior ?

on a related note, if the goalkeeper stuffed the ball up another players shirt could they then run the length of the pitch and release the ball in the opposition goal. ?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Easily defended against.

Defence all step out. And the forward men carrying the inverted player are offside and clearly interfering with play.

(unless Mo Salah is involved)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
feb4274796d93ff716e9650163a77fb8_XL.jpg

The missing piece of the puzzle?

Rowzed

Reaction score
Stick to sensible football talk please.

Play against 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
The horse sized duck, get Mardenborough’s shoulder to get Adama to pick a fight, they both get sent off, then you have 10 men against no horse sized ducks, Lemina might get sent off in the confusion but it would still be 9 against none

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would still like football to do what rugby does: stop the clock when games stop for injuries. And clubs make a combined statement that players will not stop for another player's injury unless its for a head injury or something obviously serious that the ref stops for. Medics can come on to attend an injury without the game stopping. Both these might stop the time wasting and diving. Which team had a central defender throw himself to the ground away from any action so the game stopped? Bloody ridiculous!

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have the smallest pitch in the Premier League

"Brighton & Hove Albions AMEX stadium has the largest pitch in the Premier league, measuring in at 105m long and 65 m wide, while Molineux, home of Wolverhampton Wanderers is the smallest at just 100m long and 64m wide."

Source - pitchbooking.com

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had a one armed player that played with a long sleeved shirt - if the ball hits the sleeve (the one without the arm in) is it still handball?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would think it would be classed as obstruction. Though wouldn’t it be fun watching VAR trying to come to a decision.. :)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:joycat::joycat: bunch of pricks!!!!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought that the Hawthorns was the highest ground above sea level in England, but I have read that Buxton FC hold that record.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We used to have a non-Wolves thread for general football news. Maybe we should do it again.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once saw Roy Race take a corner for Melchester Rovers then sprint to the six yard line and head the ball past the keeper.

Surely that's a foul in the Football Association Book of Rules, otherwise a player could take a short corner to himself and then continue at will with the ball at his feet.

Mr Ricky T Bridges
Sevenoaks, Kent

Back
Top Bottom