Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we actually 100% signed him or can we go “nah, he’s rubbish we’ve changed our mind now”?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have we actually 100% signed him or can we go “nah, he’s rubbish we’ve changed our mind now”?

Signed. Payment is just deferred so it falls in the next financial period.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sell him to some Championship side like Barnsley or Hull or Doncaster or anywhere. I said he was bang average on here last week; he's not even that. He's anonymous.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robert Taylor
Frankowski
O’Hara
Roger Johnson
Greg Halford

They are the worst signings in our history!

Thank God we didn’t sign Jesus Vallejo or he would have been right up there as well.

I haven’t mentioned Joe Gallagher, Mark Buckland, Ray Hankin or Adam Hamill either.

Or Alan Boswell or Derek Jefferson going further back

Just saying..
Neil Masters ?

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder who leaked the story in November that Liverpool wanted him? Now that was funny.

I really do believe we made it permanent in January because we thought someone was going pinch him off us ha! Probably even thought we'd make a few quid on him, sign him for £12m then sell him for £25 in the summer.

He had one good game in October against Newcastle, well two decent finishes anyway.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, i reckon he could be quite good if we tried to get the ball in the box. Since the Jota move, I've realised more than ever how much importance the system has on players. By being out wide, he's completely anonymous and by not ever getting the ball in the box we're wasting his best quality (finishing).

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he can probably play a very specific role, and that is the 2nd striker.

We don't play it at the moment.
The thing is if we move to a 442 I don't think he's good enough and if we play a 451 he's definitely not good enough.

We had all the cards and we folded in January (whilst he was still injured I think).

In my opinion he's mid championship at best. His discipline is poor and his defensive sense of responsibility is staggeringly bad.

He was window dressing for the far Eastern market. I feel quite angry about spunking £14m on a squad player (who we already had on loan) when we baulk at an extra £5m on players who could take us to the next level and beyond.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, i reckon he could be quite good if we tried to get the ball in the box. Since the Jota move, I've realised more than ever how much importance the system has on players. By being out wide, he's completely anonymous and by not ever getting the ball in the box we're wasting his best quality (finishing).
He missed chances against Arsenal and Villa, one of which at least he should have scored. Or at least got a shot on target.
I hope we are wrong and he comes good, but I just don't see it. That bit early on when fabio was waiting for hwang to make the run into space and he seemed genuinely to not know what to do, waited, received the pass almost sideways on and then passed it backwards? Dear god

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
He's not a wide forward.. He needs to play centrally. It's no different to most players, if you don't play to his strengths he'll be ineffective.
He does have some good attributes, he seems to have good instincts in the box. But he has very limited opportunity to show them. Take his goal vs Arsenal, it was an incredibly difficult chance, but he took it brilliantly. However, If we intend to continue using him as we are now, he is a pointless signing.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is "The Neck" in that list?

Forgot Maierhoffer like I forgot Eggert Jonsson and Neil Masters.

All those I mentioned before and those 3 above are miles worse than Hwang. Judge him next season when he will have learnt what the Premier League is all about.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a list of cut price failures....
Lets not forget Mir and Cutrone , to add to our present crew , who can’t get a dozen goals between them all year.
Wrong about Mir. He's got a dozen by himself just this season. We should have kept him. But, I think you're mistaking him for someone else, as he's not ours anymore.

PS He cost us 2 Million, we sold him for 12 Million with just 1 year left on his contract. Mir is one of our biggest success stories by value added, almost more value percentage wise than Jota.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love for our genius Scott Sellars to explain to us why we made him permanent in January rather than waiting until the end of the season to make a decision.
We did the same when Jonny was on loan with an option I think.

I assume there is something written in the original agreement that the purchase price is cheaper if done in January, or the option is only valid then.
Otherwise there would be no reason at all to do it, the risk of him picking up a major injury even more so than loss of form.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I assume there is something written in the original agreement that the purchase price is cheaper if done in January, or the option is only valid then.
Otherwise there would be no reason at all to do it, the risk of him picking up a major injury even more so than loss of form.
We did but we could see that Jonny was bloody brilliant so no one had any complaints meanwhile the jury is still out on Hwang so it would have made sense to wait.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have support forward players from wing backs and midfield once a team has dropped into a defensive formation. We are not good at this.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong about Mir. He's got a dozen by himself just this season. We should have kept him. But, I think you're mistaking him for someone else, as he's not ours anymore.

PS He cost us 2 Million, we sold him for 12 Million with just 1 year left on his contract. Mir is one of our biggest success stories by value added, almost more value percentage wise than Jota.
I suppose I meant he wasn’t a success on our pitch .

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having a go at our attackers when we create little to nothing from midfield is hilarious. Some of you need to get a grip. We didn't turn up on Friday until falling behind. Our ball retention is woeful at times.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe we could get away with it by saying "That Rafa Mir, he's not as rubbish as we thought, we've changed our mind on him now"?

Sure Sevilla would understand when we tell them it was just a clerical error and we meant to sell them Hwang, not Mir, so the swap will be in the post.

• Love
Reactions: Ned

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a go at our attackers when we create little to nothing from midfield is hilarious. Some of you need to get a grip. We didn't turn up on Friday until falling behind. Our ball retention is woeful at times.

If you include the wide men in the 3-4-3 as midfield, our midfield creates and scores at Brazil 1970 level, compared to our forwards. Excluding Raul and that other guy who scored 5, best not mention him though.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I asked the boys at wolves fancast if we gained anything other than PR from the premature signing- they didn’t respond and that’s the only research I’m prepared to do. But if the manager wants you to do something which doesn’t make sense you can tell him to wait, he was probably just worried the club wouldn’t sign anyone at all in the summer.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hi, Scott.

Very funny, haha. Lage sees him as an integral piece in the way, has vocalised this a few times. He wants to set the team up next year with Hwang closer to the centre forward but it’s not happening at present because there are a number of missing components. I understand the frustrations but if the pieces around you are not there it’s not gonna work. Let’s hope Lage gets all the players he wants to play the way he wants, and if he does we will see a much improved Hwang.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Hwang got those two against Everton, I thought we had signed/were signing a really cool finisher. Unfortunately the reality hasn't lived up to that. He has hardly contributed since and although he's had his injury problems, he doesn't seem to know what his role is and looks lost out on the LHS. Not sure if this is where he's played throughout his career or he's playing out of position now.
Whatever it is, it looks like we are stuck with him and Bruno needs to get more out of him.

Edit; posted before I saw @Wisdomwolf's post making similar points.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s found the right place to be and he’s rolled in a few but doesn’t do much to create any chance, and I wince every time he gets the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch, so he’s a bit of a luxury player atm but he is not quite luxurious enough. He looks strong but he may as well lose 15lbs if he’s not going to use it. If you’re chasing a game he may be useful but starting him is a bit of a waste.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mir was a failure at forest. He might never cope with the demands of the premier league. We got 12 million so am happy.

Would he cope worse with those demands than the forward 3 we put out last match? Unlikely.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on , its not hilarious its ****ing depressing, look at the scoring record since August.
And watch them play , they may have limited chances but watch their movement, touch, positioning, physicality , heading and shooting.
Most can dribble .

Back
Top Bottom