Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hoddle didnt break me... however McCarthy might

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive been a season ticket holder now for 12 years.

After DISMAL seasons with McGhee, Lee & even Hoddle I still came back for more for my love of WWFC.

This season, I havent renewed on the early bird, for the first time since I care to remember, solely because of McCarthy.

I hate him. I hate his arrogance. I hate his style of football. I hate the way he always has someone to blame other than himself. I simply cannot stand him.

Even if by some miracle we sneaked into the play offs & by some even bigger miracle we got promotion I would still feel the same & still want him gone.

If McCarthy is still here come summer, I really think I will find something else to do with my Saturdays next season.

Sure, what difference is the loss of one season ticket holder gonna make?? Probably none. But by me getting another season ticket with that think **** still in charge says in a round about way that I back him being there, which is a million miles away from the truth.

Anyone feel the same??

Please Morgan, GET RID OF MCCARTHY.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Glenn Hoddle was better for this club than Mick McCarthy can't be taken seriously.

Ebanks-Blake or Frankowski?
Kightly or Anderton?
Foley or Maurice Ross?

Last season McCarthy achieved a higher finishing position than Hoddle could muster. Mick started with nothing. Hoddle had Lescott, McNamara, Ince, Cameron, Miller, Seol, Cort, and for parts, Aliadiere and Huddlestone.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have renewed but il more than likely be selling my season ticket regardless of who is in charge due to work commitments.

Hoddle broke me i was so bored with his football. MM has now done the same. Nothing has changed from 12 months ago.

1) Slow defence
2) defencive style play
3) Lack of goals
4) Lack of quality
5) struggle to finish sides off
6) poor against top half sides in the league
7) Players out of position
8) strange team selections, No different starting XI every week
9) clueless tactics and poor use of subs.

The only difference from last season is we had to spend £7m to be served up the same rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewsburywolf

I always thought being a Fan of a club was due to the Love of the club not who's Manager, Playing etc. The old Phylosophy (spell checker) of "I've supported Wolves for x years and will do so whoever's wearing the shirt". If that's the case how can you let your feelings about one Manager take you away from that club?

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I hate him that much. Me buying another season ticket with him in charge says 'Im OK with McCarthy being here.'

Im not.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Glenn Hoddle was better for this club than Mick McCarthy can't be taken seriously.

Kightly or Anderton?
Foley or Maurice Ross?

Last season McCarthy achieved a higher finishing position than Hoddle could muster. Mick started with nothing. Hoddle had Lescott, McNamara, Ince, Cameron, Miller, Seol, Cort, and for parts, Aliadiere and Huddlestone.

Its a team game though Proudwold. All 3 of the players you name are streets ahead of the Hoddle signings... however the TEAM looks no better than one of Hoddle's sides with us failing to win games, score goals & keep goals out. (in all fairness to Hoddle we didnt conceed many- & I cant remember our goal difference being as disgraceful as it is now)

D

Dewsburywolf

Because I hate him that much. Me buying another season ticket with him in charge says 'Im OK with McCarthy being here.'

Im not.

I've been a Wolves fan since 1979 and boy have we had some crap Managers in that time.

Why let McCarthy deny you going to Molineux instead of anyone else in the last 20 years.

E

Essex Wolf

I know how BILD feels but for me it was in the Jones days although I never actually hated him as a person.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a team game though Proudwold. All 3 of the players you name are streets ahead of the Hoddle signings... however the TEAM looks no better than one of Hoddle's sides with us failing to win games, score goals & keep goals out. (in all fairness to Hoddle we didnt conceed many- & I cant remember our goal difference being as disgraceful as it is now)

Hoddles tenure left us with much rebuilding to do. We are only just started really. I know it's been two years but the last season was a quick fix in an attempt to consolidate in this league. Signings such as Potter, Collins, S.Ward were to bolster a flimsy squad. For the money we had they were decent value and did a decent job.

Since the cash injection we are now attempting to improve the whole squad (including some of last seasons' stop-gap signings) if we want to succeed in this league. Mick has had two transfer windows so far to buy players to improve the team. Some signings havent worked out but some have been quality. It takes longer than one season to buy a whole squad equipped for promotion.

People can say we've spent this much and that much but it has been on young players and not has-beens, the club is in a better state as a whole and we must continue to build the squad with more and more talent over the next year or so.

I have disagreed with a fair few of McCarthy's decisions but looking at the bigger picture I can see us forming as good a side as we've had for years and years. The currently club policy of buying young players is a good one but will require patience, something a lot of people lack, especially wolves fans. Although that is no surprise after some of the rubbish we've seen in the last twenty years.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's stopped me dead in my tracks from going as well. I can't stand the bloke either. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and I'm not going to support any team any more managed by that idiot. He has no idea how to manage a football team and he is totally full of bull$$$$. . There's just something totally insincere about him. Oh and he's thick!!

J

John

I have now lost my youngest son as a Wolves fan.
MM and his style of football and lack of goals has made it boring for him to go and he will no longer attend.
My eldest son at least had Dave Jones's team and goals scored to set him up for a lifetime of misery.
I'm not sure which son has got the better deal.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're doing the right thing BILD. Its all about choices, it doesn't matter what other people think, you have to make the right decision for you.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A post more appropriate in an amateur dramatics forum or one of the many other anti-MM threads that currently populate these boards.

MM comes nowhere near to the depths of despair that hung over Molineux in the latter stages of Hoddle's era.

H

HazelGroveWolf

I have now lost my youngest son as a Wolves fan.
MM and his style of football and lack of goals has made it boring for him to go and he will no longer attend.
My eldest son at least had Dave Jones's team and goals scored to set him up for a lifetime of misery.
I'm not sure which son has got the better deal.

Grow up. I have three sons, each has enthusiasm that ebbs and flows. Their interest in a particlular game will vary but I doubt it depends on who the manager is.
Choose who you mate with carefully.;)

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't go then, at least then we won't have to endure your nonsensical rants and melodramatic "Mick has broken my will :(" outpourings.

Mick saved this club when it was on its knees. His treatment from certain sections of the support has been nothing short of disgraceful and I'm not surprised he's a bit miffed about it.

G

gordonchas

Kightly or Anderton?
Foley or Maurice Ross?

That comment is disingenuous. Hoddle had one roll of the dice. Sure, he got a "1" with Frankowski.

But how many strikers has McCarthy signed? Bothroyd, Davies, Johnson, Keogh, Ward, Eastwood, Elliott, Kyle, Ebanks-Blake.

Give anyone 9 goes, they'll roll a "6" eventually.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes all those strikers and a goal difference of '1' which will probably be negative by the end of the season

H

HazelGroveWolf

Don't go then, at least then we won't have to endure your nonsensical rants and melodramatic "Mick has broken my will :(" outpourings.

Mick saved this club when it was on its knees. His treatment from certain sections of the support has been nothing short of disgraceful and I'm not surprised he's a bit miffed about it.

Precisely.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the horror show of the last 3 games (yes Bristol away was just as poor) my son has decided he cant be bothered to go tomorrow night...sadly I feel the same so another 2 empty seats in the BW and I doubt I will even bother keeping an eye on the score.

We both renewed our season tickets however I will not be at all happy if MM is still in charge , he has made a complete balls up of this season in a dire division and should pay the price.

H

HazelGroveWolf

Oh BTW, I voted for Seyi George Olofinjana for player of the season. Can someone point me in the direction of the gallows ?

H

HazelGroveWolf

After the horror show of the last 3 games (yes Bristol away was just as poor) my son has decided he cant be bothered to go tomorrow night...sadly I feel the same so another 2 empty seats in the BW and I doubt I will even bother keeping an eye on the score.

We both renewed our season tickets however I will not be at all happy if MM is still in charge , he has made a complete balls up of this season in a dire division and should pay the price.

How do you measure the value of your purchase? Do you understand the concept of sport? I would have sympathy if you had bought a telly from Comet and the salesman got the better of you. I might have sympathy for the saleman because you didn't understand what he was explaining about the product.
Rather than wee on your own shoes can you check your aim?

B

Black Suit

I know how BILD feels but for me it was in the Jones days although I never actually hated him as a person.

But let's be fair Copper, you were a little obsessed, just like I was/am with Jeremy Moxey. :D

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought being a Fan of a club was due to the Love of the club not who's Manager, Playing etc. The old Phylosophy (spell checker) of "I've supported Wolves for x years and will do so whoever's wearing the shirt". If that's the case how can you let your feelings about one Manager take you away from that club?

Jim no true word said in jest !!!!!!!

I'm sure we all have a love for the Wolves , but something has to give after few years of dross and i think in the current financial climate fans are beginning to think " Are we getting what we paid for " ...

Answer is no mate....

S

Stewarton Wolf

:D:D:D

Thats a belter, just like SJH saved the club, history revisionist. The best anyone could argue that MM has done has kept us standing still - no more no less

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK....I keep hearing that we only had 9 players for start of the season ? If thats true please name them because i am sure we had more.....
OK some were out of contract but still training with the club.

MM did what he was paid for - Stablising (SP) he has done that...Now we need to move forward

B

Black Suit

Stokes fire with a Jez is great comment.

Stop it Hazel, and I apologise. ;)

This season has little to do with last season.

Continuation? Did he start again? he should have told us. He was lucky, and his lucky patch has gone, at least for now.

Shocking. Clueless.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An entirely accurate statement I think you'll find, SW. We had no money, no squad and apathy was oozing from every orifice at the club. Again, short memories from Wolves fans - we could very easily have gone down last season if not for Mick's sterling work.

J

John

Grow up. I have three sons, each has enthusiasm that ebbs and flows. Their interest in a particlular game will vary but I doubt it depends on who the manager is.
Choose who you mate with carefully.;)
My eldest sons enthusiasm has never dampened, he has stated he will follow us if we were in league 2. My youngest son said he no longer wants to go and he won't have a season ticket next season as we don't score alot of goals. He is six and thats all the interest he has in football. His season ticket will not be renewed next year as he has only attended six games this season.
It is directly due to the style of football he has witnessed under Mick and previously Glenn.
If he had had the excitment of the DJ era he might have been hooked.

J

Jack

I'm never not going to go, but that is purely because I enjoy the social side of the Wolves as much as the actual football if I'm being honest.

The football and what MM achieved this year has been as bad as Hoddle's tenure, there is no disputing that. However, the one difference being Hoddle was never happy to say he was manager of the Wolves, something that at least for most of his reign Mick has been rightly proud of.

That still does not dismiss the fact he's made mistake after mistake this year and we are now relying on other teams to '$$$$-up' for us to even make the lottery of the play-offs.

Our performances against the top teams tell you we are going backwards. That is not anti MM or pro MM people, just simple facts about what we have achieved. It's not good and if I could see any light at the end of the tunnel I would say he should stay...I don't so he shouldn't!

See you all tomorrow when I will be praying for three points!

J

jonesey85

A poor, hate filled thread which loses its head and just smacks of the word vendetta. At first read it's actually funny, but then you realise the hate is serious.

There is absolutely no logical reason why one would suggest that they can be more accomodating toward Hoddle, whos brand of arrogance is actually famous, and his style of blame was always expressly on the fans.

Compare and contrast this with the manager now who is willing to accept his own mistakes (I mean calling Crad back and admitting you were wrong publicly just smacks of arrogance) and also told us that the fans were right to boo ( which totally smacks of somebody who always blames fans)!!!

If MM isnt technically good enough then so be it, he will get the sack, but stop destroying your own arguments with your illogical hate filled off the wall posts. And if your aim is to whip up a MM hate group based on these personal reasons, then I doubt youll get very far.

My advice to you is to focus on the footballing reasons as to why MM should go and people might actually listen for a change.

For now, you just sound like a man with an alarming amount of pent up frustration. We're all in the same boat mate, we've all probably missed out on promotion again, just sounds like you're behaving a bit more childishly about it than the rest of us.

B

Black Suit

Eldest Son, Evolution, loyal to the last, even though he thought we were playing Cardiff on Saturday!!

Youngest, barely interested at all. Perhaps he is the only one of us that is normal, no special educational needs? Wait until he is 16, he will be a Wolves fan through and through.

Back
Top Bottom