Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has Nuno Lost Heart?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
It would be if I did, but I actually have a very good job....... thanks to those qualifications and the opportunities they gave me and the recommendations I have from my cv from professional football clubs.......

if it weren’t for needing to help Family and not need to be near home every day, I would still be in that aspect of sport as my job.

so good points made and well argued to put my points down, wow you really showed me........

and well done for joining the people on this forum who instead of engaging in an open discussion would rather mock or try to belittle a fellow fan, you sir are a top notch bloke! I can only hope
To be as clever and articulate in my ways of communicating and discussion as you
Don't bother reading your posts... absolute nonsense. If you have such a good job why are you on here 24 hours every day.

Carry on believing your own hype and enjoying your qualifications and continue with utter drivel...

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We cannot as a small fish (in financial terms) in the EPL pond afford a large squad of the requisite quality. We do not have the revenues to make that feasible. Those bemoaning the small squad thing are overlooking the fact that it's born out of financial necessity, and Fosun chose a manager who is prepared to work within those constraints. We cannot at present afford the big squad of quality players some fans are wishing for, however much some might crave one.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you blamed Nuno for lack of signings, are you advocating signing players for the sake of it?

We have what appears to be a very close knit, level headed group at the minute, with no complaints coming from out the training ground about anything. In fact the opposite and all the players are quick to praise Nuno.

We seem to target a specific type of player, with a certain personality, if they weren't available in the summer, should we sign others that will possibly upset our togetherness?
Nuno has said he likes a small squad and that he wouldn’t change that approach, his words earlier in the season not my own.

you don’t sign players for the sake of it, but this season a few extra bodies in a truncated season with the intensity of the league there is a very valid reason to add at the minimum 2-3 players to give options for rest and recovery, as they had a mammoth season last year interms of number of games and how long they had to maintain football match fitness for.

we were a great proposition in the summer, 7th place for two seasons and a quarter final in the europa league, we would have been a good option for a 28-32 year old to be a rotation player.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, as I said it really made me smile as I only ever heard it in jest so only took it that way. Honestly my wife wanted know what was funny.

I simply think we have stepped up a level so quickly that we have to re-address what is seen as good and bad. As no doubt fosun have done behind the scenes.

People ignore that I say, I have loved and do still love nuno, but I support wolves and want my club to continue thrive more than nuno. Even
Though I feel as I do, I would be sad to see him go and forever appreciate the journey he took us on. I want only success for him in the future, but sadly the writing is on the wall if you look objectively at the team and remove the emotion and love for nuno.
You said....
“if you look objectively at the team and remove the emotion and love for nuno.” Fair enough but perhaps lead by example.
I‘ve through many of your posts today and I think things are not as bad as some think. Actually, I see Wolves progressing but I always knew upon promotion, that there would inevitably be some bums along the way.
If, on a graph and promotion being the base or start of the incline, then even as the graph moves continuously upward , a few bumps doesn’t mean there is any meaningful decline.

However, it depends how readers on here view Nuno/Wolves/Fosun.......as fans only.....or as a business or as a small part of a foreign investment corporation with no football business until a few years ago.
Except for when the team are on the pitch, not at training , or having babies eg, I only look and think about Wolves from a business viewpoint, ie, how to improve the club.

To be truly objective, one has to know all the facts.....eg, ‘Nuno likes a small squad’ mantra. It may be true but I suspect that’s not the whole story.

Is Nuno a great manager......I dunno. How can you measure that? By the final season position? ...no way. Greatness has to be measured a different way. At least for me.
However, I do think he is a very competent PL coach but what maybe is more important is that Wolves seem to be run in a profession business manner.
It seems to me, we’re in good hand, on and off the pitch.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't bother reading your posts... absolute nonsense. If you have such a good job why are you on here 24 hours every day.

Carry on believing your own hype and enjoying your qualifications and continue with utter drivel...
Thank you for sharing SG, we aren’t all each other’s cup of tea.

but thank you for taking the time to send a personal message singling me out and attacking me as a person on the internet. Nice approach to life mate, posting bullying posts like yours shouldn’t be the norm.

I don’t believe my own hype, simply stating defence against those who label people with a negative opinion as idiots, morons and lesser fans. I gave reason as to why I am not a moron, and the other attacks when thrown not my fault others see it as a great excuse to try to belittle me. I am proud of my background and won’t have it mocked or belittled, as I am sure if you worked hard for something and are proud of it you won’t let others mock it or try to diminish it?

and I am on here a lot at the minute as you may have noticed it is the Christmas period, so I might be using annual leave on weekdays and today is Sunday, so I have some free time. I talked about my job as someone said I was over qualified to
Work in my call centre, and I took the bait.

take care SG wolf, I am sorry you chose to not entertain my view points or have a discussion to try and change my viewpoint.

just send a targeted and abusive post.

Have a great 2021, I hope you find happiness in places not tearing people down or attacking them.

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has said he likes a small squad and that he wouldn’t change that approach, his words earlier in the season not my own.

you don’t sign players for the sake of it, but this season a few extra bodies in a truncated season with the intensity of the league there is a very valid reason to add at the minimum 2-3 players to give options for rest and recovery, as they had a mammoth season last year interms of number of games and how long they had to maintain football match fitness for.

we were a great proposition in the summer, 7th place for two seasons and a quarter final in the europa league, we would have been a good option for a 28-32 year old to be a rotation player.
But a 28+ would want a decent salary and probably 3 years, for what for us would probably be a stop gap.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But a 28+ would want a decent salary and probably 3 years, for what for us would probably be a stop gap.
We may only need them as a stop gap as all being well, football seasons have gone back to normal. I know this isn’t exactly great, it would help the players we have and would like to build
our future around. As I am well on board with buying some players for the future, but I don’t want to see their development damaged by playing too much too soon, or too much pressure and negative opinions affecting them mentally.

If you look at salaries for some leagues they aren’t as much as you think. Many players due to
Covid might see it as a great time to get in the shop window, they won’t sell themselves short and take less than their worth but they might be more focused on the opportunity than the money.

But yeah your right on the 28+ bit, I just picked an age, could be any age really, as long as they are first team ready options don’t have to be starters but good enough to play in the league.

Last edited:

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing SG, we aren’t all each other’s cup of tea.

I don’t believe my own hype, simply stating defence against those who label people with a negative opinion as idiots, morons and lesser fans. I gave reason as to why I am not a moron, and the other attacks when thrown not my fault others see it as a great excuse to try to belittle me. I am proud of my background and won’t have it mocked or belittled, as I am sure if you worked hard for something and are proud of it you won’t let others mock it or try to diminish it?

and I am on here a lot at the minute as you may have noticed it is the Christmas period, so I might be using annual leave on weekdays and today is Sunday, so I have some free time. I talked about my job as someone said I was over qualified to
Work in my call centre, and I took the bait.

take care SG wolf, I am sorry you chose to not entertain my view points or have a discussion to try and change my viewpoint.

Have a great 2021
What job exactly, you never gave any details?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said....
“if you look objectively at the team and remove the emotion and love for nuno.” Fair enough but perhaps lead by example.
I‘ve through many of your posts today and I think things are not as bad as some think. Actually, I see Wolves progressing but I always knew upon promotion, that there would inevitably be some bums along the way.
If, on a graph and promotion being the base or start of the incline, then even as the graph moves continuously upward , a few bumps doesn’t mean there is any meaningful decline.

However, it depends how readers on here view Nuno/Wolves/Fosun.......as fans only.....or as a business or as a small part of a foreign investment corporation with no football business until a few years ago.
Except for when the team are on the pitch, not at training , or having babies eg, I only look and think about Wolves from a business viewpoint, ie, how to improve the club.

To be truly objective, one has to know all the facts.....eg, ‘Nuno likes a small squad’ mantra. It may be true but I suspect that’s not the whole story.

Is Nuno a great manager......I dunno. How can you measure that? By the final season position? ...no way. Greatness has to be measured a different way. At least for me.
However, I do think he is a very competent PL coach but what maybe is more important is that Wolves seem to be run in a profession business manner.
It seems to me, we’re in good hand, on and off the pitch.
I agree we have progressed since nuno and fosun took over, I just in my opinion see signs the wheels may start to come off and don’t want us to fall too far (we won’t go down).

I am worried that if things don’t improve we lose a couple from the likes of Neto, podence, adama and neves and that will be even harder to rebuild and transition from a starting point than this season.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is, but it is called debate. I haven’t said your opinion means nothing or less, or questioned your fan status have I? Please show me where in my post I did as I clearly haven’t. I simply welcomed you into the world I have studied that sport at the top level is a business based on protecting assets as you dismissed my point as “twaddle”

No I haven’t, infact I gave you a retort to your accusation that I have a lesser intelligence of football and wolves because of my viewpoint that nuno knows best and cannot be questioned or critiqued. So all I have done is come back to you trying to belittle me and seen you join the people who would rather insult a poster than engage in a discussion.

you questioned mine and my level of football knowledge......

I simply asked you for reasons as to why these people are better informed than I am? or the people who have my viewpoint as this forum shows they do exist.

This is in fact a question you haven’t answered yet, I value all opinions and one person made points about adamas defensive shape in the first half that I conceded to and accepted. So I am happy to be proven wrong and have shown I accept it so have a discussion, you could change a view point.

But no, you went straight to mud slinging, and made an accusation again i state I answered why you are wrong I know less than others, but you haven’t shared why others know more than me because of my views.

So please join the debate mate, it is a forum after all.
I think you're confusing me with someone else. You're the one who was belittling my opinion on the foul on Ait-Nourri because all of the pundits and even 'our own' Matt Murray agreed with you. Seems you're entitled to your opinion but others are castigated for daring to differ.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’d genuinely be appalled if we were even entertaining a single thought about removing Nuno.

Given the huge amount of credit in the bank he has from the last three seasons, he has more than earned the opportunity to turn this mini-slump (where we’re not even playing that badly) around.

If we’re going to sack Managers every time they have a poor 6 game run, let alone one who has achieved as much as Nuno has with us, we will never achieve any continuity or long-term consistency.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're confusing me with someone else. You're the one who was belittling my opinion on the foul on Ait-Nourri because all of the pundits and even 'our own' Matt Murray agreed with you. Seems you're entitled to your opinion but others are castigated for daring to differ.
I
I would like to apologise, that post on the foul didnt just come across ****ish, it was rude and your right it was dismissive on my part after re-reading it.

you are correct I did confuse you with someone else who made disparaging remarks to me, so I went over the line in my response to you and that isn’t right or fair to you.

I am sorry for the post the tone and approach of it.

I hope you can accept my apology and if you want I will delete the post.

Last edited:

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would like to apologise, that post on the foul didnt just come across ****ish, it was rude and your right it was dismissive on my part after re-reading it.

you are correct I did confuse you with someone else who made disparaging remarks to me, so I went over the line in my response to you and that isn’t right or fair to you.

That's fine. Think we'll just leave it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we have progressed since nuno and fosun took over, I just in my opinion see signs the wheels may start to come off and don’t want us to fall too far (we won’t go down).

I am worried that if things don’t improve we lose a couple from the likes of Neto, podence, adama and neves and that will be even harder to rebuild and transition from a starting point than this season.
Oh dear.....can’t help you with some of these worries. We fell in love with football and Wolves and players come and go, eg, Ronaldo, Hazard.
Years ago before Fosun, I used to half joke to my wife that if I fell off the ladder putting up outside xmas lights and hit my head...I‘d hope that the part that makes me love Wolves would be destroyed.
”Free at last.....free at last.....lol”

Relax, go with the flow. Wolves are building something special and I checked your age, you’ll get to see it. Besides, what choice do you have? You’re stuck on Wolves unless you have a ladder.....lol.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Classy.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear.....can’t help you with some of these worries. We fell in love with football and Wolves and players come and go, eg, Ronaldo, Hazard.
Years ago before Fosun, I used to half joke to my wife that if I fell off the ladder putting up outside xmas lights and hit my head...I‘d hope that the part that makes me love Wolves would be destroyed.
”Free at last.....free at last.....lol”

Relax, go with the flow. Wolves are building something special and I checked your age, you’ll get to see it. Besides, what choice do you have? You’re stuck on Wolves unless you have a ladder.....lol.
Too true mate, too true. I am just overly passionate and it spills over..... three fines from the RFU as a player lead me off Twitter lol.

and in the current world With Covid I have to accept at times i am probably pouring some angst onto here or taking comments and **** taking to
Heart and biting back more than I should.

I promise in person I am much less of a **** than SGWOLVES sees me as hahaha

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d genuinely be appalled if we were even entertaining a single thought about removing Nuno.

Given the huge amount of credit in the bank he has from the last three seasons, he has more than earned the opportunity to turn this mini-slump (where we’re not even playing that badly) around.

If we’re going to sack Managers every time they have a poor 6 game run, let alone one who has achieved as much as Nuno has with us, we will never achieve any continuity or long-term consistency.
Thank goodness there are cooler and wiser heads at Compton and Fosun. Some of the posts and threads on the Mix lately are surprisingly lacking knowledge in corporate decision making.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too true mate, too true. I am just overly passionate and it spills over..... three fines from the RFU as a player lead me off Twitter lol.

and in the current world With Covid I have to accept at times i am probably pouring some angst onto here or taking comments and **** taking to
Heart and biting back more than I should.
I think, in fairness, that a lot of people use this as a place to vent and blow off steam during what is a truly awful time.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am critical of Nuno as I feel he has made some big errors so far this season and in the summer transfer window but I dearly hope things can turn around for the better soon as he has done a great job for us. I will always be critical especially after a game where we threw away points yesterday and I am sure I will be critical if I am not happy with tactics, small squad etc but he still has my support and I hope he can turn this around. He needs to start helping himself though starting with having a slightly larger squad of players. The squad is too small and as a result injuries have left us totally threadbare. Made a point on another thread that Leicester had 9 players out at one point this season but still managed to put a strong side and bench out. If we had 9 players out then me, Jeff Shi and the club secretary would be on the bench. Nuno needs to rectify some of the mistakes of this season and the summer and hopefully he will.

D

Deleted member 5910

Are people just looking for excuses by mentioning injuries? Obviously they’re not helping, but we’ve been poor since the restart and whilst most of the bigger names were playing.
Certainly feels that way. "We have half a team out injured!" is a talking point that has sprouted up on every other thread out of nowhere. Feels like rationalisation. Are our injury problems much worse than most other clubs in the division? Brighton also had players out yesterday.

Jonny has been injured since August and we've since signed two replacements, one of whom (Marcal) is in the running for our POTS so far. Marcal and Podence only got injured in the last game, so it seems disingenuous to suggest their absence has really impacted us. Similarly, Donck and Boly have been out for less than three weeks, and Boly was flirting with the subs bench due to a series of mediocre performances.

What it boils down to is Raul. One profoundly impacting absence. One we on here fretted about for months. One that came to pass and was not accounted for by the management, while we spunked £22m net on a right wingback switch we didn't need, and £35m on a kid who looks at least two seasons away from being able to hold a candle to Jimenez.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very harsh mate. He has made some decent points and had some friendly banter with a few other posters on this thread. Granted you may not agree with a lot of what he says and that is your choice but I really dont see the need to get so personal. Just ignore might be the best option.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What job exactly, you never gave any details?
In football happy to talk a little about what I did as long as I don’t get targeted or attacked personally by people like SGWOLVES.

As it was a cool job and worked with some good clubs who couldn’t afford full time video analysis people. One job (can’t name the club) just wanted a fresh view point and it was the best contract I ever worked.

my current job, I won’t as I want some privacy

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very harsh mate. He has made some decent points and had some friendly banter with a few other posters on this thread. Granted you may not agree with a lot of what he says and that is your choice but I really dont see the need to get so personal. Just ignore might be the best option.
Exactly, I am not everyone’s cup of tea. I accept that, I even bite too hard and over share to make myself feel equal when getting put down, I wouldn’t normally bite, but honestly and I will
share this, the effects of constant home life due to need to isolate since March has affected my ability to sleep so I am on here when I can’t sleep to stop thinking about the **** time we are in as a country.

Those are my flaws, I am aware of them. But I am a good person and a good supporter, no need to attack me. But I hope it made you feel better as i must be honest your post did sting.

but I am man enough to apologise to people when I’ve been wrong and in one case over stepped the line. Hope Your man enough to do the same

Last edited:

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, they finished runners-up in 2013-14, then 6th in 2014-15. They were 10th when Rodgers was sacked in 2014-15. He won no trophies during his 3 years.
Fair enough but my point is nobody should be irreplaceable. If there are better options available (not saying there are) they should be taken, that’s progression.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, I am not everyone’s cup of tea. I accept that, I even bite too hard and over share to make myself feel equal when getting put down.

Those are my flaws, I am aware of them. But I am a good person and a good supporter, no need to attack me. But I hope it made you feel better as i must be honest your post did sting.

but I am man enough to apologise to people when I’ve been wrong and in one case over stepped the line. Hope Your man enough to do the same

Oh good when do I get mine?

Kidding! :yum:

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have good debates I thought!!!!

I enjoyed them..... clearly I am wrong hahaha

No no, I’m joking we did!

I think we actually have more of a similar view than first thought actually haha

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And with better management would be top 5 in this league this year. Dropping too many points through poor decision making but thankfully there's 4/5 worse teams than us
Yep...with the league currently as close as it is this is an ideal season for those top 5 places. Not over until the weight challenged person sings.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No no, I’m joking we did!

I think we actually have more of a similar view than first thought actually haha
I know fella,

i agree wholeheartedly, we just articulate them differently.

I am a self proclaimed stats nerd, who watches games in a way probably not best at times for enjoyment when things aren’t going well hahaha.

i know it winds people up at times..... infact one now well known player threw a lucozade bottle at me while at a loan club because I called him out in a video session for something he denies doing and people noticed it for the next month hahaha

the players called that action doing a (insert name) it was AMAZING, miss doing that type of work.

Huw66

Reaction score
But you blamed Nuno for lack of signings, are you advocating signing players for the sake of it?

We have what appears to be a very close knit, level headed group at the minute, with no complaints coming from out the training ground about anything. In fact the opposite and all the players are quick to praise Nuno.

We seem to target a specific type of player, with a certain personality, if they weren't available in the summer, should we sign others that will possibly upset our togetherness?
So we end up with two keepers and u-23s on bench like yesterday. Totally unacceptable in my opinion COYW

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to recall Charlton fans saying similar things about Curbishley.... That went well....

Liverpool nearly won the league with Rogers but replaced him with Klopp.... shocking decision
Liverpool have never finished outside of the Top 8 places in the league ever since they were last promoted to the top division in 1962.

Charlton are a side that's blown hot and cold over the decades, had their purple patch eons ago, and been up and down the divisions repeatedly.

Guess which of the two Wolves more nearly resembles? Guess which one we're more likely to take after if Fosun decide to replace Nuno and don't get the decision right?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With no Wolves supporters at Molineux
With not a full Wolves pack to pick from
With no family to go home to support him
Points Wolves have dropped in last few games
Wouldn't anybody lose heart in these circumstances?

Good news is I believe Nuno has got a great big heart and I'm sure he will pull through this depressing situation he's found himself in.

Back
Top Bottom