Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has Nuno Lost Heart?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly surprised by your final statement Mugwump not something I've come to expect from your posts, quite the sweeping statement and I suspect not the way you intended for it to come across.
Everyone is different, some able to share their justified concerns on 'the here and now' more articulately than others, some are simply highly emotional. Like most on here I understand the big picture but I've also I've presented my concerns on the 'here and now', rationally and in a balanced way, is that over reacting and means I/we're stupid?
We're all fans of this great club and Nuno but to be labelling a selection of us stupid and short sighted is rude and poor form, sorry to say.

I think some are stupid tbh ( not including you in that either, i'd tell you if i did :grinning: ). There are some massive over reactions to things. I've said it before though, there is a huge difference between a bit of concern about things and some constructive criticism posted compared to the massive knee jerk reactions that seem to be growing. I think its getting a bit over the top at times. I think you can tell the people who get it from the ones who scream and shout because we dont seem to be breaking into the top 6.

Stingray II

Reaction score
If Nuno had lost his heart, he wouldn't be here. He is not a man who tolerates regression or stagnation. While he remains, I have hope

If he leaves us, I will then accept that we have a problem. Until that happens, I will eat my liver as I despair for 90 minutes, be disappointed or angry at the result, or some play - and when we play well, I'll rejoice. I've been a football fan for decades. I understand that games are mostly miserable with some periods of absolute bliss.

The recent years since Nuno joined are fantastic. I'm old enough to have seen the last good Wolves team (1970's). This team is pushing towards that level. Those of you who are younger than me, are experiencing the best team you have seen. Sit back and enjoy it and let the best coach in my lifetime get on with his project.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He looked totally exhausted tonight. I suspect he hasn't slept much lately.
Does look that way. I think this current wave is taking it out of everyone. I want football to keep on going but it's starting to look less and less important and football club staff must have some fear of the virus if they haven't had it yet. Our staff must also miss their families so much, it's going on so long now with no certain end point. It feels like the UK is one of the worst places to be with regards to the virus at the moment, especially if this is not your home country.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does look that way. I think this current wave is taking it out of everyone. I want football to keep on going but it's starting to look less and less important and football club staff must have some fear of the virus if they haven't had it yet. Our staff must also miss their families so much, it's going on so long now with no certain end point. It feels like the UK is one of the worst places to be with regards to the virus at the moment, especially if this is not your home country.
We've jabbed more people than the rest of Europe combined????? I'd say if the Gov't don't **** up we could be out of this lockdown by end Feb/early March and all jabbed by early Summer. I really believe that if we get to Wembley we could have fans there. Having said all that I'm not living through this thousands of miles from my family. This must take its toll.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've jabbed more people than the rest of Europe combined????? I'd say if the Gov't don't **** up we could be out of this lockdown by end Feb/early March and all jabbed by early Summer. I really believe that if we get to Wembley we could have fans there. Having said all that I'm not living through this thousands of miles from my family. This must take its toll.
Still not a chance of that happening on present form. The government have talked a good game for the last year but it never works out. We'd have to be vaccinating 2 million per week from today to hit the government's target of 30 million for lockdown to be eased by Easter. We are nowhere near that at the moment.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue with Nuno is he got a doctorate from Wolverhampton university which I believe is only a paltry 58 rank for sports for science hence why I think he's useless and we should sack him. Any properly ran club would employ someone with a doctorate from the top 3 ranked univerisites in my opinion.

Post of the year.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s worrying enough without your family being in another country and knowing you can’t just go to them if needed.

It's very sad and these are miserable times. I wasn't sure on this thread...for one, how do we know how Nuno feels when none of us actually know him? But overall, you can tell that he doesn't seem so enthusiastic at the moment and I'm 100% sure it's because of the Covid situation, not anything at the club. It's similar for all the players - probably those young ones far from home are affected more than those whose families are UK based.

Football just isn't as enjoyable behind closed doors. The soul is drained out. Most matches have had that "friendly" look about them. I think some players have said matches feel somewhere in between training ground and football in front of crowd. They lack intensity.

Best wishes to Nuno, his family and all the players struggling far from home.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some are stupid tbh ( not including you in that either, i'd tell you if i did :grinning: ). There are some massive over reactions to things. I've said it before though, there is a huge difference between a bit of concern about things and some constructive criticism posted compared to the massive knee jerk reactions that seem to be growing. I think its getting a bit over the top at times. I think you can tell the people who get it from the ones who scream and shout because we dont seem to be breaking into the top 6.
I’m not screaming because we aren’t in the top six. I frankly don’t care about that.
I’m not screaming at all, I was saying Nuno looked stressed, sad and tired and I was worried. I accept I could have phrased it better, but I don’t think it’s unwarranted. It’s concern not criticism.
I have consistently said I love the man and think he’s brilliant.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not a chance of that happening on present form. The government have talked a good game for the last year but it never works out. We'd have to be vaccinating 2 million per week from today to hit the government's target of 30 million for lockdown to be eased by Easter. We are nowhere near that at the moment.
That's 285k a day. I think we will have around 1,000 vaccination sites = 285 per day each. As long as the drugs can be supplied by the manufacturer that is no problem. I still think the Cup Final could be played in front of fans.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's 285k a day. I think we will have around 1,000 vaccination sites = 285 per day each. As long as the drugs can be supplied by the manufacturer that is no problem. I still think the Cup Final could be played in front of fans.
Remember that, despite the Govt taking steps the WHO have advised against, each individual actually needs two doses of most of the vaccines. So double your time estimates....

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presume he means the issue is he can’t go back to Portugal to see them, couldn’t think of anything worse than been essentially stuck in another country with family elsewhere at the moment
Got to hope that his missus isn't giving him grief about being in England and issuing him with demands that he give up coaching abroad and return to Portugal. I find it hard to imagine Nuno caving in to that sort of pressure, as it would severely negatively impact his career, but it'd be hard for him to ignore such pressure completely if it were to be part of the current picture.

D

Deleted member 4099

Remember that, despite the Govt taking steps the WHO have advised against, each individual actually needs two doses of most of the vaccines. So double your time estimates....
Single doses will still provide 70 to 90% efficacy initially. It’s hospitalisation that matters that chain must be broken. By the start of March 81% of the most effected should have a high level of cover from serious illness. If things don’t start to move after Easter they never will IMO.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Single doses will still provide 70 to 90% efficacy initially. It’s hospitalisation that matters that chain must be broken. By the start of March 81% of the most effected should have a high level of cover from serious illness. If things don’t start to move after Easter they never will IMO.
Experts have different views. I don't know enough to comment further (never stops politicians of any variety but.....).

D

Deleted member 4099

Experts have different views. I don't know enough to comment further (never stops politicians of any variety but.....).
My sister is head of Europe for a pharmaceutical company running 8 trials on 2 vaccines and 6 therapeutics. We have two elderly vulnerable parents and have lost a family member. She says it’s ok.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every expert I've watched says the 1st dose gives over 70% protection (equal to the flu jab). These jabs with strictly enforced lockdown will, I believe, bring the numbers infected and deaths down dramatically by end of Feb/early March, even with the new strain running rampant presently. 2nd jabs, and 1st jabs for under 60s will be fully ramped up by March so by early Summer we should have this thing well on the run. Perhaps too late for this season but everyone dust down your STs for August!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel deeply sorry for Nuno and all footballers who are separated from family since the summer.
The fact we are not scoring enough goals is a minor irritation in relation to their problems,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom