Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has Nuno Lost Heart?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all adore the man, but he looks tired & dejected and our ‘identity’ seems to have evaporated.
With Covid, not seeing his family and no fans... results slipping... has Nuno lost heart?

Whatever happens he gave me the best 3 years of my Wolves life.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be actively looking for an improvement if we are to make the step up. He’s just too defensive and always will be. I don’t know who would come in before I’m asked but I’m losing patience. He’s done marvellous to get us here but his stop is approaching

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Some people are blaming Nuno but we have a squad of internatonal players who are not producing on a consistent basis.Blaming change in formations is rubbish as a lot of these players play different formations for their respective countrie.The players need to be better.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be clear I’m not saying ‘is it time for Nuno to go’, I’m asking has he lost heart. Not blaming him if he has. No fans, Covid, no family etc...

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a defensive coach! Period!

I love the guy and what he’s done for us and I wish he was different in that one respect!

Sitting back, giving the ball to the opposition, inviting them on to us ... it never ends well! (That’s not the first time I’ve typed this on here ... maybe the twenty first!!)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous thread

he’s barely had any time on training ground with his first team to implement a significant change in system and he hasn’t had a window to sign players for this window
Why change things then? He signed Silva for £35 million?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous thread

he’s barely had any time on training ground with his first team to implement a significant change in system and he hasn’t had a window to sign players for this window

Shouldve signed some first team competition instead of selling our starters and replacing them with teenagers then lol

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think so, this is a strange season, it is almost a tournament to decide the placings for next term when hopefully things are back to normal, but it is no less important for that reason.
We need to hang in there and get behind the squad when we are back in the stadium.

Benny78

Reaction score
Do we really think Nuno wanted to strengthen the squad with a bunch of teenagers last summer? He’s playing with the squad he has, which has been assembled by an investment company.
Would Fosun be shattered by our standing at the moment? We are 12th and giving games to the kids. It doesn’t scream progression for seasoned Wolves fans but maybe they see value being added.
Hopefully they re-adjust and bring in some quality and experience as they don’t want to lose those fans that thought we were breaking into the top 6 and becoming the European powerhouse we all know that we deserve to be.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect how or if we go big in the transfer window will tell you whether he will still be here next August.

For me he looks frustrated with his players and bereft of answers. Others might call it hubrus.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt said:
Nuno: “The solutions are here with us, not in the transfer window”

I hope that’s a ****ing joke.
IMO more a case of him supporting his squad and his blind-spot for Joao.

Surely Fosun must realize that they need to spend this January or their project is on the rocks? To say the squad is threadbare would be a massive understatement.

This is so worrying from the other thread and why Nuno did look down. I can understand him backing his young players in the after match interview. But backing his weak squad and saying the solutions are here? As if Nuno is not going to be backed by Fosun in this January transfer window, is very disheartening for Wolves fans and Nuno, if this happens?

FOSUN MUST BACK NUNO NOW!!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mad Mick mentality.

Ooh little Wolves, be grateful for what we have, never aspire to anything better
Ooh Wolves, promoted two years ago and after two seasons of finishing 7th we must be better instantly and can't go through a rough patch. Every season must be progress and growth instantly. No room to learn lessons from poor phases.

Internet football fan mentality, out of touch with reality.

Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's meh, sometime's it's poor. That's football.

You're probs more concerned about Villa fans taking the mick out of you on Twitter than you are anything else in the real world, hence your knee-jerk posts all the time.

Are you 14?

D

Deleted member 9788

3 amazing seasons and then half an average season with an injury hit squad (an injury to the top scorer!) and people want him out. Really wish he told the club to **** off and walked as he is fed up of some of the chumps that 'support' this club.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The one thing that gives me heart after the last few years is that every time we get people saying Nuno can't take us further he proves them wrong. Not that it ever stops them the next time we lose a couple.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sense is that Fosun have become more parsimonious since 2018. I suspect Nuno thought they were going to be more gung ho, but that's not how it's panned out. Sino-British diplomatic relations have been on the slide ever since David Cameron stepped down around the time Fosun bought Wolves, and I think that has created Chinese Government drag on any ambitions Fosun may have once had. Fosun are not bleeding the club of money, but we're treading water in investment terms at a time when we still need to push on with investment in order to progress. Nuno cannot be unaware that the mood music has changed.

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooh Wolves, promoted two years ago and after two seasons of finishing 7th we must be better instantly and can't go through a rough patch. Every season must be progress and growth instantly. No room to learn lessons from poor phases.

Internet football fan mentality, out of touch with reality.

Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's meh, sometime's it's poor. That's football.

You're probs more concerned about Villa fans taking the mick out of you on Twitter than you are anything else in the real world, hence your knee-jerk posts all the time.

Are you 14?
Cheers, but I think I’ll pass on the lecture about local rivalry from someone who has nothing to do with Wolverhampton and wants to call others internet fans when you’re constantly on the look out for spares in a loyalty based system :rolleyes:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 amazing seasons and then half an average season with an injury hit squad (an injury to the top scorer!) and people want him out. Really wish he told the club to **** off and walked as he is fed up of some of the chumps that 'support' this club.
If you read my post, I didn’t say I want him out (and I don’t). I asked a question.

Back
Top Bottom