Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has Nuno Lost Heart?

stunchild

Groupie
Reaction score
I would assume Fosun will put things right, they usually do after an iffy call.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a defensive coach! Period!

I love the guy and what he’s done for us and I wish he was different in that one respect!

Sitting back, giving the ball to the opposition, inviting them on to us ... it never ends well! (That’s not the first time I’ve typed this on here ... maybe the twenty first!!)

Other than in his first 3 seasons, it never ended well. "What have the Romans ever done for us? Nothing, other than the roads, clean water, baths...". :D

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sense is that Fosun have become more parsimonious since 2018. I suspect Nuno thought they were going to be more gung go, but that's not how it's panned out. Sino-British diplomatic relations have been on the slide ever since David Cameron stepped down around the time Fosun bought Wolves, and I think that has created Chinese Government drag on any ambitions Fosun may have once had. Fosun are not bleeding the club of money, but we're treading water in investment terms at a time when we still need to push on with investment in order to progress. Nuno cannot be unaware that the mood music has changed.
That's my sense too, and I've posted to that effect several times over the last year or so. I don't think you'll get many takers. Most people on here think there's no connection between the changing political situation in China and the activities of investment companies like FOSUN in the West, or they just have no interest in it.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Kebab Warrior maybe with all the unnecessarily bad flack your getting here..
The title of this thread should read. " Nuno taken Wolves as far as he possibly can" Or maybe not..
Just trying to divert some flack from your way buddy. I know where you're coming from and can absolutely see this in Nuno atm :(

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should stick to watching the Villa as you seem to enjoy that more. Why put yourself through the stress of watching Wolves?

You'd think the Villa admirers would be happy today as they saw 6 goals in a match involving us! Lots of open football and 2 penalties, who needs Villa when you have all that? Some of our players - RAN and Silva - are even learning to collapse in a heap after minimal contact. Just like Grealish! . Now that's what I call football.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's my sense too, and I've posted to that effect several times over the last year or so. I don't think you'll get many takers. Most people on here think there's no connection between the changing political situation in China and the activities of investment companies like FOSUN in the West, or they just have no interest in it.
As you'll be aware, what people on here think and reality are often two different universes.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
He hasn't lost heart - I think he is just trying to muddle through this tough period with injuries etc. and like us is hugely frustrated mistakes / missed chances are hurting us.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Kebab Warrior maybe with all the unnecessarily bad flack your getting here..
The title of this thread should read. " Nuno taken Wolves as far as he possibly can" Or maybe not..
Just trying to divert some flack from your way buddy. I know where you're coming from and can absolutely see this in Nuno atm :(
I appreciate the thought, but that’s not what I’m saying. I 100% back Nuno and want him to stay.
What I’m asking is, with Covid, not seeing his family, no fans etc... has he lost enthusiasm?

HolmfirthWolf

Reaction score
Love Nuno and everything he has done for the club. A small squad has gone against him with so many key players out at present. Serious investment now needed for a combative, creative midfielder and quality striker...think this may have been stated a few times before!! We always have a bad spell at some point and the time is now. We will bounce back!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't lost heart - I think he is just trying to muddle through this tough period with injuries etc. and like us is hugely frustrated mistakes / missed chances are hurting us.
@Super NES but Nuno said after match interview that Joao Moutinho didn't make a mistake giving away a unnecessary penalty.
Plus no problem with all the injuries he has other solution in his small squad to deal with them?

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
@Super NES but Nuno said after match interview that Joao Moutinho didn't make a mistake giving away a unnecessary penalty.
Plus no problem with all the injuries he has other solution in his small squad to deal with them?
I didn't see the post match interview in full, but im confident that what he says in public doesn't necessarily reflect what he actually thinks.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all adore the man, but he looks tired & dejected and our ‘identity’ seems to have evaporated.
With Covid, not seeing his family and no fans... results slipping... has Nuno lost heart?

Whatever happens he gave me the best 3 years of my Wolves life.
No, **** off !!

D

Deleted member 5910

We are 12th in the league for ****s sake.
13th actually, and only on goal difference. Could feasibly be in 15th place without kicking a ball, once Newcastle and Burnley catch up their two games in hand over us, and even 16th once the game 18 is completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5910

At the time of the post we were 12th,actually.
True. Albion's unrealised but inevitable failure to stop Arsenal at the time of your post, does not negate the point I'm making though.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he is now gone in the summer regardless of anything that happens, awful run every season in the prem. Start preparing for the inevitable wolves rather than bringing in any fool.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could a defeat at the hands of WBA see him out?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is now gone in the summer regardless of anything that happens, awful run every season in the prem. Start preparing for the inevitable wolves rather than bringing in any fool.
You think he’s gone? Why?
I‘m sorry but what you wrote doesn’t make sense, unless there’s something I’m missing

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all adore the man, but he looks tired & dejected and our ‘identity’ seems to have evaporated.
With Covid, not seeing his family and no fans... results slipping... has Nuno lost heart?

Whatever happens he gave me the best 3 years of my Wolves life.
I posted similar a few days back. A horrible year for many, and Nuno is away from family. Must be really tough.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the post match interview. The bloke looks absolutely knackered and flat. Something is going on behind the scenes I think.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup... it has too..... I think a defeat to sheffield
United if we played them soon would carry the same impact.....

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m a big Nuno supporter, what he’s done in his short time here is phenomenal, but he isn’t immune to criticism and neither should he be, this is a performance related business and the high standards of the first two years are no more and in reality have been dwindling for some time now.
We’re caught in no mans land, who we were dismantled in haste mainly on the back of our EL QF defeat with key players shipped out, and too late to turn back the clock, to where we are now muddled, confused, disjointed and seemingly without a plan. Chopping and changing tactics/formations and odd selections are worrying signs to me of a desperate attempt to find something that works and a far cry from the consistency we saw in the early days.
Have we had bad luck with injuries, absolutely yes but Nuno has had an incredible run of fortune so only a matter of time before that started to run out and this is a risk of running a small squad.
Its clear we need experienced reinforcements in January, the strategy being on the here and now not in 3/4/5 years, get this window wrong and we are in a very perilous position.....get relegated which is mathematically a possibility then the project goes to s*it.
I admire him for wanting to evolve and progress but I always felt he went to hard to quickly and outside of a few glimpses the only conclusion I can come to is that it’s back firing and he’s struggling to recover the situation.
I desperately hope he can turn this around but for the first time I am beginning to have my doubts and I don’t think it’s unfair of me to be having these thoughts.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I think that would do more harm than good...

If we limp across the finish line he’ll definitely be gone. They will give him the chance to turn it around this season and hopefully he does. But that might not even save his job over the summer.

But who would even be a realistic target for
Fosun?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adversity !
This is the first time since Nuno arrived where he has encountered a back step.
Men are made in adversity. Let's see how he copes.
Dont forget injuries are not his fault. And if players up front are not mature enough to retain the ball thats not his fault either .
Silva and Vintinha dont have the nouse or the physicality yet.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2,000 miserable threads, yet I’m the one spamming the forum. I give up.
Don’t ... please.

But at the same time, there is a valid question against our great manager’s well being. These are very difficult times and he’s having to spend most of it separated from his family.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots jumping on the OP but i do think he has lost heart a bit. It must be tough away from family, **** results, threadbare squad, no fans, same old same old. He doesnt strike me as a guy who lives lavishly so he isnt doing this for the money. I hope he doesnt but he might just walk away

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny Otto, Raul Jimenez, Leander Dendoncker, Willy Boly and now Daniel Podence..
Key players in an ever growing injury list to a small squad. No wonder why Nuno is looking so sad :(
Having to rely on so many teenagers was not Fosun's or Nuno plan or project for this season..

They were looking too far into the future. NOW is the time to change & tweak their plan. Otherwise the plan is imploding somewhat!
That is why Nuno looks so disheartened imho

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, we’re doing great and all, since promotion from the Championship (which we won easily).

Nuno? Has he timed out? Two great 7th positions but can we expect the same this stupid season? Who knows....

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sense is that Fosun have become more parsimonious since 2018. I suspect Nuno thought they were going to be more gung go, but that's not how it's panned out. Sino-British diplomatic relations have been on the slide ever since David Cameron stepped down around the time Fosun bought Wolves, and I think that has created Chinese Government drag on any ambitions Fosun may have once had. Fosun are not bleeding the club of money, but we're treading water in investment terms at a time when we still need to push on with investment in order to progress. Nuno cannot be unaware that the mood music has changed.
I think you are right. You can see that in the ground decisions. There was a time when Guo wanted “the best stadium in europe” . I was told that f2f by Laurie Dalrymple. Now we might add 2000 seats

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is now gone in the summer regardless
For the first time, I am starting to suspect that we may now be in the end phase of Nuno's time as manager of Wolves. Let me be clear, I love Nuno, and I can't see a time I'd ever want him to leave, but I think he may walk this summer unless Fosun really do pull several major rabbits out of hats this window (which I think is quite unlikely). I think Nuno was sold on the Wolves 'project' on the basis that Fosun were going to invest aggressively to make Wolves a top Premier League force. Unfortunately, since that time, a serious deterioration in diplomatic relations between London and Beijing to the point that Sino-British relations are now quite frosty indeed, means that now Fosun no longer has the blessing of the Chinese Government to invest in a British project in the way they envisaged when they bought Wolves in 2016. In China, the Government rules the roost and Chinese businesses have to do the Government's bidding, even businesses that the Government favours, like Fosun. This means that the vision that Nuno was sold and reality have diverged between summer 2017 and now. Unless Fosun are prepared to find money to finance acquisitions this window (and I'm doubtful that there's much money in the kitty), I can really see Nuno tiring of the project and tiring of trying to push a boulder up a hill. The EPL is brutal, and without significant finance, any sustained success is impossible. Fosun were at one time talking of significant investment, but now the talk is of 'living within our means'. The mood music has changed, and, sadly, with everything else that's going on in the world, I can see Nuno throwing in the towel at the end of the season. For me, it will be a very sad day if it happens.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody has any certainty that this season will be finished. There is a general malaise everywhere, but Wolves were a club that managed that vital 10% extra with the fans present. The fine margins, along with the terrible injury list, are not favourable but the absence of passion/atmosphere is hurting the club.

Many (Nuno in particular) must all be thinking that they are going through the motions for the sake of SKY and nothing else - whilst sacrificing family time.

It's no surprise he looks and sounds jaded and despondent.

Back
Top Bottom