Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun in? Jeff & Sellars Out?

What do we do?

• Fosun Out

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Fosun in - Shi & Sellars Out

Votes: 110 41.8%
  • Fosun In - Everything will be alright

Votes: 90 34.2%
  • Let’s tear this place apart!!!!

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone, Fosun are a Chinese business with links to and probably scrutiny from the Chinese government.

Both the owner and Fosun have loads of money they could invest in the club but we're all forgetting - they're probably under pressure not too.

There's trouble over Taiwan, do you expect that given what's going on, Fosun would want to be seen as high profile in the UK?

If China invades Taiwan and we start seeing sanctions like we did against Russian owners, then what?

Then they need to sell up. In all seriousness sell up before we end up in an inevitable Roman Abramovich sanctioned position with our club. I could put up with the risk as long as they were spending money but not with this bull**** skint act they've put on.

Fosun have been crystal clear about their intentions for our club and have pretty much delivered on every promise made when they purchased us. Frankly, I'm tired of these spoiled brat arguments.
Blatantly false lol

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say the downward trend of places would say that yes year on year less care and attention would clearly show that, thank you for giving me another clear point of failure in your arguement of where they have done well….. as I am struggling to see how you can suggest a downward trend in league places would say they are showing anything other than neglect of the squad in not fixing the clear and obvious holes in the squad.

How have they delivered on the promise of making us more competitive for every ticket increase? We are seeing the squads get weaker year on year.

Sorry fella, but nothing you have said there in your defence shows care and attention being shown and actually very easily shows the opposite.
For most of last season we were in 7th or 8th place. Given where Fosun started, in the Championship, I'd say they are doing absolutely fine. However, you clearly play Football Manager and believe it is dead easy to sign quality players and there is little cost.

Frankly, all you want to see is money being spent. No consideration is given to some of the younger players we may be attempting to develop. All about the here and now for you isn't it? Nothing long term.

Done arguing with your pathetic logic.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For most of last season we were in 7th or 8th place. Given where Fosun started, in the Championship, I'd say they are doing absolutely fine. However, you clearly play Football Manager and believe it is dead easy to sign quality players and there is little cost.

Frankly, all you want to see is money being spent. No consideration is given to some of the younger players we may be attempting to develop. All about the here and now for you isn't it? Nothing long term.

Done arguing with your pathetic logic.
But we aren’t developing the young players as Bruno doesn’t play them….. did he use cundle, bueno, Ronan, hodge? He only used Campbell as it was clear Hwang was carrying a knock. I am all about developing the youth, as if your old enough your good enough, but if Bruno doesn’t use them, guess what?? They aren’t good enough right now and if what isn’t good enough is 80% of your bench then the bench and squad isn’t fit for purpose or going to allow us to compete. So they are not doing a fine job. To say otherwise is frankly laughable.

They also had Jorge mendes pulling deals out for us that without him we wouldn’t have gotten! As fosun without Jorge doesn’t have neves, Jota and boly in the championship…… so fosun haven’t achieved all of it on their own without significant help from the mendes carousel that now we don’t use we are struggling for to get players and signing many dud players who are not looking like value for money.

And it isn’t easy to sign a player, but it isn’t as hard as Scott and his plebs are making it. Sides much much closer to relegation than us have signed multiple players….. or in a few cases they have joined other clubs for lesser fees that we have been rumoured to offer.

You can’t call my logic pathetic, when you haven’t actually argued how it is….

So clearly my points are far stronger than your weak defences….. as you haven’t offered a rebuttal against most of the points I made, meaning by that proxy it is your logic that is “pathetic” and for you to say mine is actually demeans your attempt at saying mine is.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we aren’t developing the young players as Bruno doesn’t play them….. did he use cundle, bueno, Ronan, hodge? He only used Campbell as it was clear Hwang was carrying a knock. I am all about developing the youth, as if your old enough your good enough, but if Bruno doesn’t use them, guess what?? They aren’t good enough right now and if what isn’t good enough is 80% of your bench then the bench and squad isn’t fit for purpose or going to allow us to compete. So they are not doing a fine job. To say otherwise is frankly laughable.

They also had Jorge mendes pulling deals out for us that without him we wouldn’t have gotten! As fosun without Jorge doesn’t have neves, Jota and boly in the championship…… so fosun haven’t achieved all of it on their own without significant help from the mendes carousel that now we don’t use we are struggling for to get players and signing many dud players who are not looking like value for money.

And it isn’t easy to sign a player, but it isn’t as hard as Scott and his plebs are making it. Sides much much closer to relegation than us have signed multiple players….. or in a few cases they have joined other clubs for lesser fees that we have been rumoured to offer.

You can’t call my logic pathetic, when you haven’t actually argued how it is….

So clearly my points are far stronger than your weak defences….. as you haven’t offered a rebuttal against most of the points I made, meaning by that proxy it is your logic that is “pathetic” and for you to say mine is actually demeans your attempt at saying mine is.
I'll give it one more try.

I have argued how your logic is pathetic because I have demonstrated how Fosun have rebuilt this club from a Championship side to a team that has finished in the top half of the Prem. You ignore that though because you think we have gone backwards because we finished 13th and 10th while ignoring the circumstances behind them.

Our 13th place finish was covid affected as Nuno clearly was suffering and as such that spread to the team. 10th last year was only achieved because all season we had been in 7th or 8th spot until the final week. A bit like when we lost out on 6th by one goal.

You then come out with some illogical nonsense that Fosun only achieved what they did because of Mendes. Well, who was smart enough to recruit him to work with us? Fosun. You can't have your small minded, anti Fosun argument both ways.

As regards young players, they have been given opportunities under Lage. You seen to want to judge based on one game this season but that's nonsense. Kilman has been brought though, convenient as that is to forget, and Chiquinho, Gomes and Cundle have been given opportunities. Other players will also be given a chance as the season progresses, I'm confident of that.

So step back a bit and hold your misplaced anger because our club is actually doing OK and although I get the frustration that you probably think we can do more, the reality is that we aren't going to throw money around willy nilly like Everton or Villa and that we have a recruitment team that is doing a lot of due diligence to get us players that can improve our team> Do that, and you raise the quality in the squad.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I have argued how your logic is pathetic because I have demonstrated how Fosun have rebuilt this club from a Championship side to a team that has finished in the top half of the Prem. You ignore that though because you think we have gone backwards because we finished 13th and 10th while ignoring the circumstances behind them.

Our 13th place finish was covid affected as Nuno clearly was suffering and as such that spread to the team. 10th last year was only achieved because all season we had been in 7th or 8th spot until the final week. A bit like when we lost out on 6th by one goal.

You then come out with some illogical nonsense that Fosun only achieved what they did because of Mendes. Well, who was smart enough to recruit him to work with us? Fosun. You can't have your small minded, anti Fosun argument both ways.

As regards young players, they have been given opportunities under Lage. You seen to want to judge based on one game this season but that's nonsense. Kilman has been brought though, convenient as that is to forget, and Chiquinho, Gomes and Cundle have been given opportunities. Other players will also be given a chance as the season progresses, I'm confident of that.

So step back a bit and hold your misplaced anger because our club is actually doing OK and although I get the frustration that you probably think we can do more, the reality is that we aren't going to throw money around willy nilly like Everton or Villa and that we have a recruitment team that is doing a lot of due diligence to get us players that can improve our team> Do that, and you raise the quality in the squad.
Game set and match.

Can we close this toxic mess of a thread now

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So step back a bit and hold your misplaced anger because our club is actually doing OK and although I get the frustration that you probably think we can do more, the reality is that we aren't going to throw money around willy nilly like Everton or Villa and that we have a recruitment team that is doing a lot of due diligence to get us players that can improve our team> Do that, and you raise the quality in the squad
Fair arguements this time, some I will happily concede my point on. But in your prevous post

your arguements are very basic and accept one occurance as fact of positivity and significantly over simplistic and far too easy to pick apart with decent levels of reasoning.

For example you cite cundles use last season, but he only played 2/3 times in an over 30 game season. Was motm against spurs and then wasn’t seen again for weeks. Even when the midfield was stale and needed a change, he still didn’t appear. That tells you that he only uses cundle when there are injuries or suspensions and he won’t use him at any other time so only uses youth when forced nor out of choice. Same applies to toti gomes played only when sais was at AFCON, as soon as sais was back and able to play, Gomes was dropped and not seen again till injury forced him to be involved again. Max kilman is 25 years old…… 25! That isn’t a “Young player” in the slightest, he was 24 last year as he is only just younger than neves and was ready to step up based on the work done by Nuno where he should have played far more than he did in the season with covid so you can’t say bruno brought him through because Nuno did all the development and giving him two seasons of prem experience before Bruno arrived. I am Sorry but you giving praise where none is due for three players where one was developed by Nuno and two players only used by necessity of injury and unavailability. Oh I forgot we lost neves for a month with cundle the only cm replacement and we still didn’t see him….. so that would tell you he wasn’t ready to be used and if your the only cm replacement and your not coming on that isn’t a good sign. Chiqinho was fantastic, but do you think Bruno picks him over traore to come off the bench? I don’t, so traore was taken away from lage meaning traore wasn’t an option forcing lage to play him, also he was played out of position in a few games as he wasn’t trusted to play further up the pitch trusting an ineffective hwang and a waste of talent in trincao. So again, he isn’t using the youth unless forced not out of choice.

I love Bruno and think he could good things with backing but this is praise you just cannot give when you look at the detail behind the facts rather than a basic “youth played twice, therefore he gives a chance” when players like Cundle despite their being chances and opportunities to play didn’t appear in even close to 10% of the games.

You praise tenth last season and the drop was only in the last few weeks, so you not recall that we were in relegation form from jan to the end of the season? Out of the last 20 games we only won seven games, so 24hrs out of a possible 60. We lost those games because fosun didn’t give Bruno the investment he needed to maintain the great start. We lost 5 players to injury and the from nose dived. We walked away from deals for two quality players that would have made all the difference. And in turn lost players to injury and the quality to replace them was very poor. I would say that isn’t good or anything you can excuse as good. We were in relegation form and in two successive seasons we have ended the season in relegation form in runs of games OVER 10
Games so for two seasons we have had a run of nearly 1/3 of a season in relegation form. That again is very poor and shows investment and squad strengthening is needed.

By the way in a post you labelled pathetic reasoning, you haven’t argued one point of how we have money and millions of it coming in when you claimed we have no funds.

This logic isn’t pathetic it is actually well reasoned and backed up by sources and facts. Your arguements don’t hold up when you look under the hood, so please refrain from demeaning points that have more facts and basis to support than your shallow ones please.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Fair arguements this time, some I will happily concede my point on. But in your prevous post

your arguements are very basic and accept one occurance as fact of positivity and significantly over simplistic and far too easy to pick apart with decent levels of reasoning.

For example you cite cundles use last season, but he only played 2/3 times in an over 30 game season. Was motm against spurs and then wasn’t seen again for weeks. Even when the midfield was stale and needed a change, he still didn’t appear. That tells you that he only uses cundle when there are injuries or suspensions and he won’t use him at any other time so only uses youth when forced nor out of choice. Same applies to toti gomes played only when sais was at AFCON, as soon as sais was back and able to play, Gomes was dropped and not seen again till injury forced him to be involved again. Max kilman is 25 years old…… 25! That isn’t a “Young player” in the slightest, he was 24 last year as he is only just younger than neves and was ready to step up based on the work done by Nuno where he should have played far more than he did in the season with covid so you can’t say bruno brought him through because Nuno did all the development and giving him two seasons of prem experience before Bruno arrived. I am Sorry but you giving praise where none is due for three players where one was developed by Nuno and two players only used by necessity of injury and unavailability. Oh I forgot we lost neves for a month with cundle the only cm replacement and we still didn’t see him….. so that would tell you he wasn’t ready to be used and if your the only cm replacement and your not coming on that isn’t a good sign. Chiqinho was fantastic, but do you think Bruno picks him over traore to come off the bench? I don’t, so traore was taken away from lage meaning traore wasn’t an option forcing lage to play him, also he was played out of position in a few games as he wasn’t trusted to play further up the pitch trusting an ineffective hwang and a waste of talent in trincao. So again, he isn’t using the youth unless forced not out of choice.

I love Bruno and think he could good things with backing but this is praise you just cannot give when you look at the detail behind the facts rather than a basic “youth played twice, therefore he gives a chance” when players like Cundle despite their being chances and opportunities to play didn’t appear in even close to 10% of the games.

You praise tenth last season and the drop was only in the last few weeks, so you not recall that we were in relegation form from jan to the end of the season? Out of the last 20 games we only won seven games, so 24hrs out of a possible 60. We lost those games because fosun didn’t give Bruno the investment he needed to maintain the great start. We lost 5 players to injury and the from nose dived. We walked away from deals for two quality players that would have made all the difference. And in turn lost players to injury and the quality to replace them was very poor. I would say that isn’t good or anything you can excuse as good. We were in relegation form and in two successive seasons we have ended the season in relegation form in runs of games OVER 10
Games so for two seasons we have had a run of nearly 1/3 of a season in relegation form. That again is very poor and shows investment and squad strengthening is needed.

By the way in a post you labelled pathetic reasoning, you haven’t argued one point of how we have money and millions of it coming in when you claimed we have no funds.

This logic isn’t pathetic it is actually well reasoned and backed up by sources and facts. Your arguements don’t hold up when you look under the hood, so please refrain from demeaning points that have more facts and basis to support than your shallow ones please.
Cundle was not MOTM against Spurs, don't be so ridiculous. He did ok, kept it simple and very low risk passes.

The ineffective Hwang had more than double the goals and the same amount of assists as the "talented" Trincao in . Also another assist on the weekend whilst Trincao has come in for criticism from Sporting fans for a lacklustre display against Braga.

Absolutely nonsense point

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle was not MOTM against Spurs, don't be so ridiculous. He did ok, kept it simple and very low risk passes.

The ineffective Hwang had more than double the goals and the same amount of assists as the "talented" Trincao in . Also another assist on the weekend whilst Trincao has come in for criticism from Sporting fans for a lacklustre display against Braga.

Absolutely nonsense point
Very sorry but I thought cundle got the motm award, if I am mistaken k am sorry.

I like hwang and have defended him many many many times on here. but you have used this weekends assist to argue a point that was clearly talking about last season where he didn’t register an assist and was more miss than hit with his performances.

And I wouldn’t argue hwang wasn’t better than trincao stats wise as you can’t, but I didn’t make that point either to compare them in that way mate.

I am delighted hwang got an assist and look back at my Hwang posts I have said 14 million for him is a good fee and he is a better player than the abuse he gets here.

I said “talented” trincao as regardless of his performances at times there is a very talented player in him and not say that does him a disservice.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Very sorry but I thought cundle got the motm award, if I am mistaken k am sorry.

I like hwang and have defended him many many many times on here. but you have used this weekends assist to argue a point that was clearly talking about last season where he didn’t register an assist and was more miss than hit with his performances.

And I wouldn’t argue hwang wasn’t better than trincao stats wise as you can’t, but I didn’t make that point either to compare them in that way mate.

I am delighted hwang got an assist and look back at my Hwang posts I have said 14 million for him is a good fee and he is a better player than the abuse he gets here.

I said “talented” trincao as regardless of his performances at times there is a very talented player in him and not say that does him a disservice.
He did get an assist last year, 5 goals and an assist. Trincao isn't that talented, he has a nice left foot but there is more to football than that. Will end up at best a mid-table La Liga player.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun have had some critics this window however they have spent around 65 million without selling anyone, if we were that desperate the 25 million would've been accepted for Gibbs White, it seems they are backing bruno to make the team his own now.

A striker and a midfielder will mean we have two players for every position and things will look a whole lot better.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have had some critics this window however they have spent around 65 million without selling anyone, if we were that desperate the 25 million would've been accepted for Gibbs White, it seems they are backing bruno to make the team his own now.

A striker and a midfielder will mean we have two players for every position and things will look a whole lot better.
I think guo has stepped in after being there in pre-season for the games and he does watch the game so maybe Leeds has told him he needs to act and take the initiative from Jeff who admitted he has turned down the offer of a cash injection…..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did get an assist last year, 5 goals and an assist. Trincao isn't that talented, he has a nice left foot but there is more to football than that. Will end up at best a mid-table La Liga player.
My apologies on missing the assist, I swear I didn’t see one on the prem site but you and Google corrected me. Thanks for that.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£50 million spent this summer with likely more incoming, Fosun write off a huge loan yet there’s still some who question them and management on everything. Hilarious really.

Fifty million pounds spent yet we have two fit first team central midfielders at the club.
Questions need to be asked as to how we got into this situation, and where we go from here.

Burying your head in the sand and ignoring gaping flaws and weaknesses in our approach is also hilarious.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think guo has stepped in after being there in pre-season for the games and he does watch the game so maybe Leeds has told him he needs to act and take the initiative from Jeff who admitted he has turned down the offer of a cash injection…..
Where / When did Jeff admit he had turned down a cash injection? I don't recall that.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, the askwolves stuff last year, I could be wrong though.
Fair enough, but I don't remember it and am surprised more has not been made of it on here if he did say that.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I don't rem it and am surprised more has not been made of it on here if he did say that.

It gets mentioned fairly regularly! Although it is (as far as I recall) at least accurate, unlike a lot of Molineux Myths.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

926AF854-C3B6-4FF4-AF3D-985EF8E603B1.png

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where / When did Jeff admit he had turned down a cash injection? I don't recall that.
He said it in the last ask wolves I believe that he has been told money is available it he hasn’t accepted the offer and asked for it.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fifty million pounds spent yet we have two fit first team central midfielders at the club.
Questions need to be asked as to how we got into this situation, and where we go from here.

Burying your head in the sand and ignoring gaping flaws and weaknesses in our approach is also hilarious.
How longs Moutinho out for? Is the window shut yet?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the season started?
Was the manager asking for midfield reinforcements a year ago?
Moutinho has missed one game.

Perhaps Bruno felt a defender in Collins was more important to get over the line first before a midfielder

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, framing it as a £50m spend is nice. Not so nice when you frame it as 2 senior squad additions, and 7 senior squad departures.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Oh well another toxic thread I won't be looking at again,
I find it mindblowing that there are negative comments the day after we permanently sign someone for our 4th highest transfer free (edging out the previous 4th who was our last signing). Who is someone many have coveted

With some people; I am sure if we:
-kept all of our players
-Got Neves to sign a new deal
-Sold Traore for 40m
-Discovered the fountain of youth and convinced Zidane and Batistuta to come here
-And got Porto and Barca to give us half of the Silva and Semedo fees back....

Shi and Sellars would still be mocked.

I by no means think things have been perfect. But as with certain players, i think people make their minds up and stick with it. Credit and critism when it's due. The Adama deal is mentioned multiple times, but how about the RAN and Vinagre ones

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£50 million spent this summer with likely more incoming, Fosun write off a huge loan yet there’s still some who question them and management on everything. Hilarious really.
Timing is everything. This morning things seem to on the move at long last.
Yesterday morning we were down, Silva, Ruddy, Hoever, Saiss, Marcal and Trincao , with a no show Traore and just Collins in.
That on an extremely small squad , and longterm weaknesses unaddressed. That was not good by any account.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of those seven are really losses? I mean is anyone actually pining for Trincao? Or Marcal?
Whatever one might think about Trincao and Marcal, you've just described two players with 48 appearances between them last season (and Marcal would've had more if he weren't made of glass).

That bench on Saturday is the worst I can remember under Fosun - and that includes ones with Batth and Edwards on it. The board are responsible for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom