Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun in? Jeff & Sellars Out?

What do we do?

• Fosun Out

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Fosun in - Shi & Sellars Out

Votes: 110 41.8%
  • Fosun In - Everything will be alright

Votes: 90 34.2%
  • Let’s tear this place apart!!!!

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over react, fickle accusing me? Couldn't be further from the truth as you should know, the sooner our Chinese owners depart for me the better.
Yeah, let's get Scouse the Builder back, that went well....

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re in Davro. Ideally if you can slur something about ‘profit on Neves’ face down into a pappadum that’d be ideal.

Now who’s up for a pointless 2 week trip to South America?
That's not a pappdum, it's a shibhatti

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite.
We have no idea what they ask for and what they are told. As far as Fosun are concerned, we are a viable entity with little risk. They invested wisely at the start of their tenure, achieved their goals and have realised it is a real gamble to try and compete in the top 4. Not surprisingly, they are taking a different approach that requires patience. Sadly, some of our fans haven't got the nouse to understand any of this.

There's a difference between taking a different approach and totally neglecting the squad leaving us utterly threadbare.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone, Fosun are a Chinese business with links to and probably scrutiny from the Chinese government.

Both the owner and Fosun have loads of money they could invest in the club but we're all forgetting - they're probably under pressure not too.

There's trouble over Taiwan, do you expect that given what's going on, Fosun would want to be seen as high profile in the UK?

If China invades Taiwan and we start seeing sanctions like we did against Russian owners, then what?

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Completely understand people saying Fabio needs a loan (I personally think was ready to play more of a leading role for us this season) but to do it before we had a replacement secured is hugely questionable.

We’ve been told by a few ITKs on here that we’ve been looking at strikers on a loan to buy basis but that they wouldn’t be available until the selling club had got a striker in themselves. That’s exactly what we should have told Anderlecht.

He should have been starting for us today, which would have at least given us a senior forward option off the bench.

I can understand Silva going out on loan if we bring in someone like Batshuayi. Contemplating loaning out Coady given the current state of our squad is pure madness though even if it’s what he wants (which I doubt).

Those with their hands on the tiller seem to think there’s little chance the shift in formation won’t work and there’s no likelihood we’ll be in a relegation scrap without a manger later this year where we’ll need strong leadership from within the dressing room to turn things around and where we’ll need to revert to 3 at the back to grind out clean sheets and results. Loaning out Coady is literally tearing up your insurance policy with one hand while shooting yourself in the foot with the other and will make the Silva loan deal look like small beer in comparison if it goes ahead

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many reasons why someone might want to buy a stake but not the whole lot. Diversification, finances, ensure manager-owners retain skin in the game, etc. For sports clubs, being a minority owner is likely appealing as you’re less of a lightning rod when things go wrong too.

If a fund or wealthy individual bought 25% they’d own a quarter of the company so don’t follow your last bit

Exactly...the perverse thing is, you probably wouldn't invest it into a football team's players because it's too risky. Spread your investment across the Fosun sports group and it becomes more palatable because you see returns from multiple businesses.

None of the top clubs have made money, they're all debt-ridden advertising companies or billionaire's playthings. Wolves are not suitable for either category. We just need to get the investment in and fill some of these glaring team gaps that have been obvious for over a year. They need a striker this week, there is no excuse to mismanage it if it puts our position at risk. Momentum is a major issue if things start to go wrong, fan discomfort, player confidence, losing can become a nasty havbit that swallows you up. We've been there before and seen what happens when teams with decent players collapse in on themselves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone Fosun are a Chinese business with links to the Chinese government.

Both Gou and Fosun have loads of money they could invest in the club but we're all forgetting - they're probably under pressure not too.

There's trouble over Taiwan, do you expect that given what's going on, Fosun would want to be seen as high profile in the UK?

If China invades Taiwan and we start seeing sanctions like we did against Russian owners, then what?

The west is so dependent on China that attempting those sorts of sanctions could well be economic suicide. We have got ourselves, for better or worse, into a symbiotic relationship with them. I'm not sure that there is any easy way out.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun in, wholesale changes across the board to management structure need to be implemented by Guo/Fosun hierarchy. Lage and the playing squad seemingly being left high and dry.
I would like what you say to be true but my reservation is that if Fosun were on the ball they would have have got rid of Shi ages ago unless he still has the negatives - as in photos not what our site is enduring at the moment.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone, Fosun are a Chinese business with links to and probably scrutiny from the Chinese government.

Both the owner and Fosun have loads of money they could invest in the club but we're all forgetting - they're probably under pressure not too.

Very convenient for them, what was their excuse when invasion was less imminent?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly don’t think Fosun, Jeff or Bruno are infallible and I don’t give anyone a blank check.
However, I don’t over react nor am I fickle.
I dont over react but many people say I do fickle...........or at least that is what is sounds like they are saying.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll judge them at the end of the window but I am not currently encouraged. I understand that they are trying to be disruptive and doing things differently to other clubs and hence our frustration could be because we are basing our expectations/views on the activities we are used to from other clubs but, if we do not address the squad and manager urgently then we will be relegated. Commercial practices can change but football is still 11 vs 11 with substitutes and that won’t change. Fosun and Jeff may have a vision of floating Fosun Sports on the market and creating a successful brand with Wolves at the centre but:

1. Relegation reduces income by at least £120m even with parachute payments
2. Players will lose their value and will not be as marketable if we are relegated or agitate for a move
3. Fosun would lose face and the whole sports group would be less attractive to investors and regardless of the CCP’s view on football they also don’t want a Chinese company to be a failure in the eyes of the world
4. Fosun must realise that brand image and international markets are non-existent in the Championship.

To prevent this we need a bigger squad, we all know that we need to be self sufficient but that is different to sell to buy. We could keep Neves this year and bring his replacement to bed in and sell Neves next year. We still could if Nunes is the proposed replacement. Meanwhile we need to progress u23s to first team football, not with us but loans to the Championship. Cundle, Hodge, Bueno, Campbell aren’t learning on our bench.

Finally replace Bruno, regardless of the issues at the top the man is not a Premier League manager. He’s had all summer to hone a back 4 and it look what happened. We’ve been making the same mistakes for 6 months. That is down to the coach.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The west is so dependent on China that attempting those sorts of sanctions could well be economic suicide. We have got ourselves, for better or worse, into a symbiotic relationship with them. I'm not sure that there is any easy way out.
It is economic MAD, neither side can afford to hurt each other

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt whether Jeff and co will be bothered in the least that us legacy fans have the audacity to be unhappy with them, we simply don't register in their world view.
Sounds just like our allegations about our politcians.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll judge them at the end of the window but I am not currently encouraged. I understand that they are trying to be disruptive and doing things differently to other clubs and hence our frustration could be because we are basing our expectations/views on the activities we are used to from other clubs but, if we do not address the squad and manager urgently then we will be relegated. Commercial practices can change but football is still 11 vs 11 with substitutes and that won’t change. Fosun and Jeff may have a vision of floating Fosun Sports on the market and creating a successful brand with Wolves at the centre but:

1. Relegation reduces income by at least £120m even with parachute payments
2. Players will lose their value and will not be as marketable if we are relegated or agitate for a move
3. Fosun would lose face and the whole sports group would be less attractive to investors and regardless of the CCP’s view on football they also don’t want a Chinese company to be a failure in the eyes of the world
4. Fosun must realise that brand image and international markets are non-existent in the Championship.

To prevent this we need a bigger squad, we all know that we need to be self sufficient but that is different to sell to buy. We could keep Neves this year and bring his replacement to bed in and sell Neves next year. We still could if Nunes is the proposed replacement. Meanwhile we need to progress u23s to first team football, not with us but loans to the Championship. Cundle, Hodge, Bueno, Campbell aren’t learning on our bench.

Finally replace Bruno, regardless of the issues at the top the man is not a Premier League manager. He’s had all summer to hone a back 4 and it look what happened. We’ve been making the same mistakes for 6 months. That is down to the coach.
I do agree with most ofwhat you say and thank you for saying it.
I am not sure about judging Bruno yet because of the management team above him. It could very well be that they are not giving him the support he needs which could be undermining him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I (genuinely) don't like harking on about the Traore deal but it was that moment that the penny really dropped for me.

Okay, people always want more. People will always say we should spend more here, we need another striker, we need a midfielder etc. - including myself. But even if you disagreed with the previous decisions, you could always sort of justify them.

The Traore decision was one that actually left me gobsmacked. I know some will cling on to reasons for it happening but save your time because whatever you put I won't agree with. For me, that was football equivalent of shooting ourselves in the foot. We actively made ourselves worse at a pivotal point of the season, for no financial gain.

When that happens, you question everything. It reaffirmed in my belief that I was right about the lies regarding Sanches and Botman.

All of this was reinforced again with Silva, which is a decision as equally as baffling as Traore. We made ourselves worse for no financial gain. Who does that? Seriously, who does that? Nobody.

Shi and Sellars have got a lot wrong, but many do in that role, it's an unforgiving position. But, the Traore and Silva deals are, in my opinion, not justifiable. Going into today without a striker is not acceptable. Having three central midfielders at the club is not acceptable.

These two are making decisions and deliberately choosing to leave us in a position that is unlike any other club.

Sometimes I think I can go overboard but then when you look at it, it's not. They've made mistakes that you can't understand - repeatedly.

They should both go.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I (genuinely) don't like harking on about the Traore deal but it was that moment that the penny really dropped for me.

Okay, people always want more. People will always say we should spend more here, we need another striker, we need a midfielder etc. - including myself. But even if you disagreed with the previous decisions, you could always sort of justify them.

The Traore decision was one that actually left me gobsmacked. I know some will cling on to reasons for it happening but save your time because whatever you put I won't agree with. For me, that was football equivalent of shooting ourselves in the foot. We actively made ourselves worse at a pivotal point of the season, for no financial gain.

When that happens, you question everything. It reaffirmed in my belief that I was right about the lies regarding Sanches and Botman.

All of this was reinforced again with Silva, which is a decision as equally as baffling as Traore. We made ourselves worse for no financial gain. Who does that? Seriously, who does that? Nobody.

Shi and Sellars have got a lot wrong, but many do in that role, it's an unforgiving position. But, the Traore and Silva deals are, in my opinion, not justifiable. Going into today without a striker is not acceptable. Having three central midfielders at the club is not acceptable.

These two are making decisions and deliberately choosing to leave us in a position that is unlike any other club.

Sometimes I think I can go overboard but then when you look at it, it's not. They've made mistakes that you can't understand - repeatedly.

They should both go.

Totally agree mate.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They should both go.
Yeah, i know some used to pretend that taking out Adama was addition by subtraction and that when he wasn't playing we played more cohesive team football but that has surely been put to bed. We were bad with him and terrible without him. When that fact is acknowledged, you are correct we literally just gave away a guy who scored game before last for no reason

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They should both go.
100%

The Traore deal was amateur hour from S&S and I can envision them making a similarly stupid decision with Coady or Neves.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a difference between taking a different approach and totally neglecting the squad leaving us utterly threadbare.
We have spent 20M on a defender this Summer without bringing any money in. So while you call that total neglect, the truth is far from that. I don't understand the decision to let Silva go on loan to Anderlecht but the time to judge will be at the end of the window and not after a narrow defeat at Leeds.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

They should both go.
That's a good post, I 100% agree.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a question... how do we know that Shi hasn't asked for money to invest and been told "no" because of world events and a Chinese Gvt interfering in their business?
Because Jeff said in the ask wolves money is available, he has to ask for it and he hasn’t…..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt whether Jeff and co will be bothered in the least that us legacy fans have the audacity to be unhappy with them, we simply don't register in their world view.
that is at their peril then! I genuinely believe we are in the few fan bases that can force an owner out in modern football.

We did it with Steve Morgan who admired the fans and the reactions and the atmosphere made it clear he had to go.

The only saving grace for guo and co is they live in China and don’t come to games…. But Jeff doesn’t…. He is going to get very uncomfortable very quickly if he doesn’t call uncle Jorge and get us back on the carousel today!

People slag off bruno for subs, but he had no one who could change that game! I like Chem Campbell, but he isn’t a premier league striker…. Not even close at this stage of his career.

Do we have any 35million pound Portuguese starlets with prem goals in the squad? Oh wait we did but we sent him to anderlecht on loan where he has 2 in 2 and didn’t replace him.

I hope those defending Jeff and Scott on this being so difficult to sign players stop this *******s now, they have said since last season a striker was needed, clearly knew loaning Fabio was a real possibility and let him leave without replacement……

Stop saying “the window hasn’t closed yet, they have time” well we could be at the bottom with only 1/2 points or even none by the time it closes going into a far trickier run.

Our season could bery easily be turned into a relegation scrap by September, you try and start with your best team AT THE START OF COMPETITION not part of the way through as every game and every point matters. They have had MONTHS not weeks to get this right and sorry they all need sacking, and they have clearly wasted all their time on nunes who has zero intention of joining us…… MUPPETS

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have spent 20M on a defender this Summer without bringing any money in. So while you call that total neglect, the truth is far from that. I don't understand the decision to let Silva go on loan to Anderlecht but the time to judge will be at the end of the window and not after a narrow defeat at Leeds.
It is total neglect though.

They knew we needed an ADDITIONAL striker, but let the one spare leave. Known this for over a year and still nothing has happened in this regard. That is neglect

Midfielder- they have also known we need an additional cm since Jan - they were going to get Sanches then pulled out of the deal for him to play 3/4 weeks later….. where is the replacement of that transfer? They have only had 6 months to line that money up on another player - That is neglect

They knew we lack prem/senior ready options on the bench to change a game, we have nothing but defenders….. that is neglect.

You say we haven’t brought money in, that is a very stupid comment as we have brought money in from the following means;

The savings on the salaries of the first team players who left and weren’t replaced.

Many millions of TV money

The merchandise sales on new shirts and the purchase of other items in the club shop

Last seasons prize money paid into the accounts

Our increased ticket revenue

The amazing sums of money generated from the spin off brands; music, e-sports and fashion line…… oh wait they clearly aren’t doing anything…..

So we have money coming in and if a premier league team in its fifth season has no money to spend then there is some terrible accounting going on!

You can’t run a football club like they want to, you eventually get relegated. A football team in the prem needs constant investment and squad refreshment to stay in the premier league. If they didn’t know that coming in then they are clearly only board room business men and not ready for sports business. Sports business in every sport costs money and investment…… you can’t cheat this system no matter how smart or clever you think you are and this clearly rings true with Jeff.

We are clearly operating like Burnley, which is the model we now seem to be running as they stopped investing in players and look what happened to them…..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that is at their peril then! I genuinely believe we are in the few fan bases that can force an owner out in modern football.

We did it with Steve Morgan who admired the fans and the reactions and the atmosphere made it clear he had to go.

The only saving grace for guo and co is they live in China and don’t come to games…. But Jeff doesn’t…. He is going to get very uncomfortable very quickly if he doesn’t call uncle Jorge and get us back on the carousel today!

People slag off bruno for subs, but he had no one who could change that game! I like Chem Campbell, but he isn’t a premier league striker…. Not even close at this stage of his career.

Do we have any 35million pound Portuguese starlets with prem goals in the squad? Oh wait we did but we sent him to anderlecht on loan where he has 2 in 2 and didn’t replace him.

I hope those defending Jeff and Scott on this being so difficult to sign players stop this *******s now, they have said since last season a striker was needed, clearly knew loaning Fabio was a real possibility and let him leave without replacement……

Stop saying “the window hasn’t closed yet, they have time” well we could be at the bottom with only 1/2 points or even none by the time it closes going into a far trickier run.

Our season could bery easily be turned into a relegation scrap by September, you try and start with your best team AT THE START OF COMPETITION not part of the way through as every game and every point matters. They have had MONTHS not weeks to get this right and sorry they all need sacking, and they have clearly wasted all their time on nunes who has zero intention of joining us…… MUPPETS
Given the importance that the Chinese, and indeed most Asians, place on face any such attempt could unfortunately prove to be a very bad move. They are equally likely to dig in and double down.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the importance that the Chinese, and indeed most Asians, place on face any such attempt could unfortunately prove to be a very bad move. They are equally likely to dig in and double down.
Very true!!

This is going to get interesting isn’t it…..

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is total neglect though.

They knew we needed an ADDITIONAL striker, but let the one spare leave. Known this for over a year and still nothing has happened in this regard. That is neglect

Midfielder- they have also known we need an additional cm since Jan - they were going to get Sanches then pulled out of the deal for him to play 3/4 weeks later….. where is the replacement of that transfer? They have only had 6 months to line that money up on another player - That is neglect

They knew we lack prem/senior ready options on the bench to change a game, we have nothing but defenders….. that is neglect.

You say we haven’t brought money in, that is a very stupid comment as we have brought money in from the following means;

The savings on the salaries of the first team players who left and weren’t replaced.

Many millions of TV money

The merchandise sales on new shirts and the purchase of other items in the club shop

Last seasons prize money paid into the accounts

Our increased ticket revenue

The amazing sums of money generated from the spin off brands; music, e-sports and fashion line…… oh wait they clearly aren’t doing anything…..

So we have money coming in and if a premier league team in its fifth season has no money to spend then there is some terrible accounting going on!

You can’t run a football club like they want to, you eventually get relegated. A football team in the prem needs constant investment and squad refreshment to stay in the premier league. If they didn’t know that coming in then they are clearly only board room business men and not ready for sports business. Sports business in every sport costs money and investment…… you can’t cheat this system no matter how smart or clever you think you are and this clearly rings true with Jeff.

We are clearly operating like Burnley, which is the model we now seem to be running as they stopped investing in players and look what happened to them…..
So your version of total neglect is a team that has finished 7th, 7th, 13th and 10th... and you think you know more than they do, even though they have that track record. Don't you think you're wetting your pants a little bit here?

Fosun have been crystal clear about their intentions for our club and have pretty much delivered on every promise made when they purchased us. Frankly, I'm tired of these spoiled brat arguments.

They own the club and have the right to do as they wish until the day comes when they sell it. We have a choice as supporters to either support the team or not. Personally, I'm just going to enjoy the ride no matter where it takes us... and yes, I do get frustrated sometimes because I believe we have squandered opportunities.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So your version of total neglect is a team that has finished 7th, 7th, 13th and 10th... and you think you know more than they do, even though they have that track record. Don't you think you're wetting your pants a little bit here?

Fosun have been crystal clear about their intentions for our club and have pretty much delivered on every promise made when they purchased us. Frankly, I'm tired of these spoiled brat arguments.

They own the club and have the right to do as they wish until the day comes when they sell it. We have a choice as supporters to either support the team or not. Personally, I'm just going to enjoy the ride no matter where it takes us... and yes, I do get frustrated sometimes because I believe we have squandered opportunities.
I would say the downward trend of places would say that yes year on year less care and attention would clearly show that, thank you for giving me another clear point of failure in your arguement of where they have done well….. as I am struggling to see how you can suggest a downward trend in league places would say they are showing anything other than neglect of the squad in not fixing the clear and obvious holes in the squad.

How have they delivered on the promise of making us more competitive for every ticket increase? We are seeing the squads get weaker year on year.

Sorry fella, but nothing you have said there in your defence shows care and attention being shown and actually very easily shows the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom