Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun in? Jeff & Sellars Out?

What do we do?

• Fosun Out

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Fosun in - Shi & Sellars Out

Votes: 110 41.8%
  • Fosun In - Everything will be alright

Votes: 90 34.2%
  • Let’s tear this place apart!!!!

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we doomed already? Has our transfer ‘deal’ been good enough?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2018/19 team has been the best we’ve had. Ever since it’s been churn the players & invest nothing & hope we stand still.
We had an FA Cup Semi, 7th, Euro QF 7th then hey let’s just do nothing… and hope we survive! Why build something to the point of really doing something great then just pull out.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Fosun in and Sellars either out or back to his old role as youth coach. Get someone in who doesn't need to have their hands held by Mendes to get players in.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I genuinely don’t understand the flak Jeff & Sellars receive? They’re not the boss and are simply working under orders surely? You think if they wanted to sign a £30M player they’re not going to run it by Fosun first? They’ve got instructions and budgets to work to. They should in my opinion be making a stronger case to Fosun to sanction signings but to say they’re responsible is misguided.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun in, wholesale changes across the board to management structure need to be implemented by Guo/Fosun hierarchy. Lage and the playing squad seemingly being left high and dry.
Just a question... how do we know that Shi hasn't asked for money to invest and been told "no" because of world events and a Chinese Gvt interfering in their business?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely don’t understand the flak Jeff & Sellars receive? They’re not the boss and are simply working under orders surely? You think if they wanted to sign a £30M player they’re not going to run it by Fosun first? They’ve got instructions and budgets to work to. They should in my opinion be making a stronger case to Fosun to sanction signings but to say they’re responsible is misguided.
So you voted Fosun out?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite.
We have no idea what they ask for and what they are told. As far as Fosun are concerned, we are a viable entity with little risk. They invested wisely at the start of their tenure, achieved their goals and have realised it is a real gamble to try and compete in the top 4. Not surprisingly, they are taking a different approach that requires patience. Sadly, some of our fans haven't got the nouse to understand any of this.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok, so if we’re not going to recruit anyone, why bother to employ Sellars?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly!
How can some fans not see that Jeff, Sellars, Bruno etc would love to have the money to get de Bruyne, van Dijk and Salah?
They too all want Wolves to win.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So you voted Fosun out?
I haven’t voted I just don’t know what’s going on? Fosun got us up and kept us up but have they stopped the finance? We don’t know nobody tells us anything so we have to make our own assumptions. I think Fosun have withdrawn funding and after writing off over £100M of debt I can’t say I blame them but if they didn’t realise football was a bottomless pit then I hope they sell up to some foolish sheik or someone with a Midas touch that can turn us into a profitable and successful club.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok, so if we’re not going to recruit anyone, why bother to employ Sellars?
Mate I don’t know I’m just throwing my thoughts out there. Sellars probably has a brief to purchase players within a lower budget than us as fans would like. Don’t get me wrong I don’t particularly like Jeff or Sellars and wish they would just be straight with us fans but to blame them for being stingy is I believe misguided.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’re just not interested. Two years ago today we qualified for the last 8 in the Europa League. Time then to invest.

The Peoples Republic said no.

Time to sell us. Pleeeeease
I agree our stock was high and a few quality additions could have seen us as shock champions league contenders. An opportunity missed.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Hard to answer
Reality is that fosun set the budget and Jeff and sellers can only spend what given. So we can’t blame them for lack of investment
We can blame them for poor recruitment or inability to land targets.
Our Eleven is good, but always going to be injuries and makes me wonder about the sense in loaning silva and Giles ? Better attacking options that we currently have to bring on

floydstreet

Reaction score
Indian restaurant ?
What was the drunken summary of the strategy, because it’s hard to see what the strategy is

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely there are no morons left defending our recruitment and Fosuns lack of spending now. We are gonna lose a lot of games like that today because we have zero depth.
I think we'll lose more because our first xi isn't good enough. But strength in depth would be nice too.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a question... how do we know that Shi hasn't asked for money to invest and been told "no" because of world events and a Chinese Gvt interfering in their business?

Brilliant idea of his to loan out Fabio and Ryan Giles if that is the case then.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again as some posters have already said, is it really Shi and Sellers fault? When Fosun came in they weren't shy of spending money. All of a sudden we now have to be self sustaining and sell to buy...that comes from the owners, not Shi and Sellers...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again as some posters have already said, is it really Shi and Sellers fault? When Fosun came in they weren't shy of spending money. All of a sudden we now have to be self sustaining and sell to buy...that comes from the owners, not Shi and Sellers...

Why loan out Fabio with no replacement? Whose fault was that?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why loan out Fabio with no replacement? Whose fault was that?
Good point and I think that was probably a financial decision more than anything else. I’m not defending those two at all but I just don’t think they are ultimately responsible for our lack of spending. They should however be constantly demanding more funding which for all we know that may be.

Back
Top Bottom