Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva Beneficial for a Loan as MGW successful Loan spell

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt if Jeff Shi would sanction a loan move for Fabio Silva next season to sharpen him up somewhat as still not a goal so far to credit him this season.
It has done MGW a world of good having scored 12 goals and 10 assists for Sheff Utd and given Morgan great confidence for next season hopefully with Wolves?

I don't think the transfer fee for Fabio should be a burden for the young lad. Yet so far he is proving to be a rather expensive potential Wolves No 9 with having a 5 year contract and on over £?,000,000 a year / season wages and not scoring many goals. Is not at all value for money in anyone's book.

With Bruno looking for another striker to add to Wolves squad for next season it would be imo beneficial for Wolves & Fabio for him to go out on loan either to a Championship club or European club until next January maybe? Fabio is 20 years old on July 19th. Another great example at 20 years old is Harry Kane he was loaned out from Spurs to 4 different other clubs before he became a regular Spurs and England's No 9 and captain.

Your thoughts and opinions welcome Wolves fans?

Last edited:

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt if Jeff Shi would sanction a loan move for Fabio Silva next season to sharpen him up somewhat as still not a goal so far to credit him this season.
It has done MGW a world of good having scored 11 goals for Sheff Utd and given Morgan great confidence for the future and next season hopefully with Wolves?

I don't think the transfer fee for Fabio should be a burden for the young lad. Yet so far he is proving to be a rather expensive potential Wolves No 9 with having a 5 year contract and on over £4,000,000 a year / season and not scoring many goals. Is not at all value for money in anyone's book.

With Bruno looking for another striker to add to Wolves squad for next season it would be imo beneficial for Wolves & Fabio for him to go out on loan either to a Championship club or European club.
Your thought sand opinions welcome Wolves fans?
Probably be seen as a loss of face.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has done MGW a world of good having scored 11 goals for Sheff Utd and given Morgan great confidence for the future and next season hopefully with Wolves?

I don't think the transfer fee for Fabio should be a burden for the young lad. Yet so far he is proving to be a rather expensive potential Wolves No 9 with having a 5 year contract and on over £4,000,000 a year / season and not scoring many goals. Is not at all value for money in anyone's book.

With Bruno looking for another striker to add to Wolves squad for next season it would be imo beneficial for Wolves & Fabio for him to go out on loan either to a Championship club or European club.
Your thought sand opinions welcome Wolves fans?
Probably would do him good provided we have decent cover of course.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With Bruno looking for another striker to add to Wolves squad for next season it would be imo beneficial for Wolves & Fabio for him to go out on loan either to Championship club or European club.
Your thought and opinion welcome Wolves fans?

I don't think the transfer fee is a burden to him personally, but I do think it could potentially be stopping the club from making the correct decision for his development.

Even if a loan is the right thing for his stage of development, for the club to admit that and loan him out, as others have said, it would be potentially quite embarrassing.

I actually wouldn't like to see him drop down to the Championship. I think it's a but of a gamble, as it could go very well, or very badly in such a competitive, physical division. I also don't think going abroad would be the one either.

I'd love to see him stay in the Premier League and play a full season. He's had the equivalent minutes to 6 full league games so far this season, which just isn't enough. A loan to a newly promoted side could work maybe?

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely beneficial. After a season in the championship we would have a much better idea of how things are going to turn out.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said before he could do with a loan back to Portugal, he'd probably bag 20+ goals and it could be the making of him

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You haven't got that from that idiotic website that also thinks Coady is on about £10k per week have you?
No I just googled Fabio Silva contract and it came up it is not from any website? Possible it is wrong but whatever he is earning a year is not value you for money no matter what if even 1,000 000 a year is it?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the transfer fee is a burden to him personally, but I do think it could potentially be stopping the club from making the correct decision for his development.

Even if a loan is the right thing for his stage of development, for the club to admit that and loan him out, as others have said, it would be potentially quite embarrassing.

I actually wouldn't like to see him drop down to the Championship. I think it's a but of a gamble, as it could go very well, or very badly in such a competitive, physical division. I also don't think going abroad would be the one either.

I'd love to see him stay in the Premier League and play a full season. He's had the equivalent minutes to 6 full league games so far this season, which just isn't enough. A loan to a newly promoted side could work maybe?
Given his PL performances for us so far I can't see there being any takers for him in the PL, at best he would be a bench player for a newly promoted club. He needs to learn the game at a more forgiving level.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I just googled Fabio Silva contract and it came up it is not from any website? Possible it is wrong but whatever he is earning a year is not value you for money no matter what if even 1,000 000 a year is it?

Well, it looks like when you do that, the result is from "Spotrac", which pretends it somehow has the contract details of every player in every professional sport.

If you look at Wolves, then they have Coady on £16,500 per week, which makes the whole thing look like the steaming pile of rubbish that it is. So I would suggest that it is very wrong!

And £20k would be a fairly reasonable salary for a young player with high potential.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'd start him for the rest of the season, i dont think he's anywhere near as bad as some say. give him a run albeit very short one!
So would I, it's just a shame that 2 of the remaining games are ones that he will look bad in (along with the other attacking players).

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'd start him for the rest of the season, i dont think he's anywhere near as bad as some say. give him a run albeit very short one!
That's what Jeff will probably say to Bruno as he's going to go hell for leather and **** or bust to score 1 goal for Fabio at least for the this season :) I'm talking about next season though maybe loan until January to sharpen him up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Champ loan similar to MGW could be very good for his development assuming regular football and no serious injuries. If this were combined with bringing in another first team striker then it could work well for us too.

I don’t think Jeff would lose face. Loans for young players is a legitimate strategy to developing them. The whole point about the lad is his potential and we have to be hard nosed about maximising that.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think Google search results are if they're not websites?!

I just googled the same thing, the website you've quoted (even though you don't seem to think you have) is spotrac.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, it looks like when you do that, the result is from "Spotrac", which pretends it somehow has the contract details of every player in every professional sport.

If you look at Wolves, then they have Coady on £16,500 per week, which makes the whole thing look like the steaming pile of rubbish that it is. So I would suggest that it is very wrong!

And £20k would be a fairly reasonable salary for a young player with high potential.
20K a week is the same difference about as I said last £1,000,000 a year :)

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think Google search results are if they're not websites?!

I just googled the same thing, the website you've quoted (even though you don't seem to think you have) is spotrac.
The money aspect doesn't really matter it is the development of Fabio's undoubted potential with Wolves that is paramount!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You haven't got that from that idiotic website that also thinks Coady is on about £10k per week have you?
JayJay has a track record of quoting bs random websites as gospel fact....

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can bring in a senior striker or two, then a loan to the champ would be the best thing that could happen for his long term career... yeah he may get targeted by a clogger or two who takes a fancy to his hair and price tag... but a kick or two won't break him and he needs to be battle hardened and show he can stand up and be counted

Same for Hoever, Cundle, Campbell & Bueno... all are took good for U23 football and need to be playing men's football at Champ level week in week out next season and lets see if they really do have what it takes... maybe more too but appreciate we have limits now. These guys must play a full season somewhere next season

Appreciate the club may want to develop Fabio in house and protect him, but I don't think another season on and off the bench and a few starts is what's best for the lad

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know where I sit on it to be honest. Goal scoring record apart (which understandably is a key metric when it comes to forwards) he’s had a good season and improved for sure. Would a season in the championship improve him? I’m not sure

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a footballing perspective, absolutely 100%. The problem we have is that if he goes on loan to a lower level and doesn't perform/score goals his value plummets even more than it has done already.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the transfer fee for Fabio should be a burden for the young lad. Yet so far he is proving to be a rather expensive potential Wolves No 9 with having a 5 year contract and on over £?,000,000 a year / season and not scoring many goals. Is
Wow, bit contradictory

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him another season of coming off the bench then send him on loan when he's 20 like MGW at Swansea.

You can put too much pressure on at too young. Top of Championship his still a lot of expectation for someone still in early development.

MGW went from looking awful for us in Championship to starring fo Swansea in less than 18 months.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're actually going to implement a more attacking style at last then it's a bit daft doing it now. Same with Gibbs-White. Give them both a chance next season.

Put Harry Kane up front in our current system and he'd look generally ineffective.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

From a footballing perspective, absolutely 100%. The problem we have is that if he goes on loan to a lower level and doesn't perform/score goals his value plummets even more than it has done already.
How far down from 2 and thrupence hal'penny can you go though? :p

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, that's why I said it - I thought that would be obvious.

If we're not happy to pay the going rate for players, we're not going to sign them. So don't come on here moaning about a lack of signings if you're going to blame the club for paying that going rate, whenever a transfer doesn't immediately work out brilliantly.

Back
Top Bottom