Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva Beneficial for a Loan as MGW successful Loan spell

Yeshua

Reaction score
I doubt if Jeff Shi would sanction a loan move for Fabio Silva next season to sharpen him up somewhat as still not a goal so far to credit him this season.
It has done MGW a world of good having scored 12 goals and 10 assists for Sheff Utd and given Morgan great confidence for next season hopefully with Wolves?

I don't think the transfer fee for Fabio should be a burden for the young lad. Yet so far he is proving to be a rather expensive potential Wolves No 9 with having a 5 year contract and on over £?,000,000 a year / season wages and not scoring many goals. Is not at all value for money in anyone's book.

With Bruno looking for another striker to add to Wolves squad for next season it would be imo beneficial for Wolves & Fabio for him to go out on loan either to a Championship club or European club until next January maybe? Fabio is 20 years old on July 19th. Another great example at 20 years old is Harry Kane he was loaned out from Spurs to 4 different other clubs before he became a regular Spurs and England's No 9 and captain.

Your thoughts and opinions welcome Wolves fans?
The 2023/2024 season Fabio will score 15+ goals for wolves 100%

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I think the massive transfer fee works both for and against the kid. Against in the obvious way that it's led to unrealistic expectations of a player who'd barely played big boy football; it's also a stick to beat him with for some. In his favour in the sense that I think it leads to a kind if attentional bias for some: because his monetary value was so high there must therefore be a highly valuable player there, with his every average sensible run or decent touch being applauded and seen as confirmation that we do indeed have a player on our hands. I've come round a bit recently, he's definitely got something (despite the fee paid being idiotic) and you can't fault his effort on the pitch.

If he'd come through the youth ranks or been bought at a reasonable price from a lower league side I don't think there'd be any debate about whether to send him out on loan: he scored no goals last season, albeit in a generally impotent side. He needs to prove he can score regularly, and start that at a lower level. Personally I'd like him to go to a league less physically demanding than the Championship. My worry with him is that he's shown intelligence (which in a footballing sense can be learned) but not the raw attributes you cannot teach, most glaringly pace. The jury is likely to be out for some time...
I agree and disagree. I do think that the transfer fee has clouded people's judgment of Fabio--people are expecting him to be a 35 million pound player now instead of in the future. If he had come up through the academy, then many, many more would be clamoring for him to get more minutes.

No doubt that he improved this year, despite not scoring. I'm probably biased: because I believe that he has great potential, then I probably overcook what he does on the pitch from time to time. I will disagree with you (quibble?) that football intelligence can be learned while pace cannot. While coaching can definitely help a player with positioning and making better decisions, I also think that the great ones are much more instinctive in their movements--they just know where to slide into spaces or find those passes and layoffs. This is Fabio's great strength in my opinion. He plays like a much more mature player. On the other hand, speed and strength are largely inherited, genetic traits; however, one can get demonstrably faster and stronger with effort and work. Because Fabio is still a teenager, he has a lot of room to grow in this area as his frame fills out. To my eyes, he was quite a bit quicker and stronger this season than last.

In regards to the loan, I'm ambivalent. I can see how the Sheffield loan really helped MGW (mentally/confidence-wise more than anything) and the experience of being an everyday starter would be invaluable to Fabio. On the other hand, I really can see him breaking through next season, especially if we go to a 4-4-2 and he plays as the second striker. If we bring in a target man and a second striker/winger like Guedes (and keep MGW), then Fabio might just go out on a loan--but I would be very, very picky on where he went.

I like Fabio - he always has time for the fans and his teammates. He works his socks off, too. What else do you want in a young professional?

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amen.

The amount of times he is peeling off the last defender for a pass that never EVER comes is laughable.
It's been glaring. We missed Podence from that perspective, but should Bruno ever decide that we might want to play fast attacking football then Silva is the future the way I see it.

Persisting with Neves and Moutinho in the middle of the park and Neves never getting far enough forward doesn't work for Silva, too much interplay. I'd love to see MGW given a chance, much more attack minded.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should have been sent on loan before now but we haven't the strength or depth to let him go on loan now.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d be starting him next season - he’s bulked up physically, and looked faster this season, and we know he can finish and create chances - he’s mostly lacking experience now. Put him in a team with Neto and MGW and I think he’ll score goals.

If we’re not going to be starting him though, the only way he will get that experience is through a loan. What the club can’t do is sit him on the bench to watch rubbish like Hwang play in front of him, that would be a complete failure.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should have been sent on loan before now but we haven't the strength or depth to let him go on loan now.
I believe Bruno is looking to add to his strike force for next season if Raul stays at Wolves where does that leave Fabio?
You're right that he should have gone on loan before now yet Jeff is reluctant to let this happen. Next season will be pivotal for Fabio and we don't want him to be seating on the bench and not scoring again next season do we?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right that he should have gone on loan before now yet Jeff is reluctant to let this happen.

How on earth do you know that? It's perfectly possible that Bruno thinks he'll learn more staying at Wolves than going out on loan - Pep thought exactly the same when people criticised him for keeping Foden around.

bigwolf

Reaction score
I agree and disagree. I do think that the transfer fee has clouded people's judgment of Fabio--people are expecting him to be a 35 million pound player now instead of in the future. If he had come up through the academy, then many, many more would be clamoring for him to get more minutes.

No doubt that he improved this year, despite not scoring. I'm probably biased: because I believe that he has great potential, then I probably overcook what he does on the pitch from time to time. I will disagree with you (quibble?) that football intelligence can be learned while pace cannot. While coaching can definitely help a player with positioning and making better decisions, I also think that the great ones are much more instinctive in their movements--they just know where to slide into spaces or find those passes and layoffs. This is Fabio's great strength in my opinion. He plays like a much more mature player. On the other hand, speed and strength are largely inherited, genetic traits; however, one can get demonstrably faster and stronger with effort and work. Because Fabio is still a teenager, he has a lot of room to grow in this area as his frame fills out. To my eyes, he was quite a bit quicker and stronger this season than last.

In regards to the loan, I'm ambivalent. I can see how the Sheffield loan really helped MGW (mentally/confidence-wise more than anything) and the experience of being an everyday starter would be invaluable to Fabio. On the other hand, I really can see him breaking through next season, especially if we go to a 4-4-2 and he plays as the second striker. If we bring in a target man and a second striker/winger like Guedes (and keep MGW), then Fabio might just go out on a loan--but I would be very, very picky on where he went.

I like Fabio - he always has time for the fans and his teammates. He works his socks off, too. What else do you want in a young professional?

This post is far too sensible for this forum.

It needs to be deleted.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jay Jay, there's already a bloody thread, I don't know if you are paid by the view but please give it a rest
No other thread about Fabio going out on loan?This is the original thread about Fabio going "On Loan" was started 2 months ago. and this report is all about him going * On Loan" So therefore this report is in the right place to post is it not!

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get 30m for MGW after his loan spell then we might get 30m for Fabio as well.

We're never making our money back on this kid with him playing just 10 minutes a game!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No other thread about Fabio going out on loan?This is the original thread about Fabio going "On Loan" was started 2 months ago. and this report is all about him going * On Loan" So therefore this report is in the right place to post is it not!

Yes, but the other thread is better because the title isn't written in broken English, so it's far less annoying.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why does it matter ..., who cares which thread it is provided there is a discussion on the front page

Last edited by a moderator:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full credit to Wolves for allowing this if it happens. Could do with extending his contract for a year too.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be a good move to sharpen Fabio up as I said in OP he defo needs more game time. Also means though Wolves must sign another striker for sure now.

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anybody know on MM if Anderlecht are in the Champions League or Europe next season for Fabio to play in if loan deal done??

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patrick Cutrone has taken Fabio Silva's shirt number 17 it appears ahead of Fabio's loan move to Anderlecht?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this is the best move for all parties provided we have a call back clause. Fabio won't start many games and isn't the same style of player as Raul, so I'd be happy for the likes of Campbell and Corbeanu to have his place in the squad. But whether he stays or not we need a capable backup for the role Raul plays.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the best move for all parties provided we have a call back clause. Fabio won't start many games and isn't the same style of player as Raul, so I'd be happy for the likes of Campbell and Corbeanu to have his place in the squad. But whether he stays or not we need a capable backup for the role Raul plays.
Totally agree @MattH we don't want another season with Fabio not getting much game time. You don't get experience from the bench. He will be all the better and sharper for the season after this one after his loan. Yes and have a call back clause just in case we have an injury again to Raul or other new striker hopefully.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Reading the article on wolves website.

It appears both hooever and silva are viewed to have futures, just need regular game time now
Don't rate Hoever but he needs games as well, moody so and so but I forget his age and what an utter ******** I was at that age (many would argue on here that nothing has changed I'm surely, somewhat fairly) working in McDonald's let alone the loot he is pulling.

Worst case you'd hope that we'd get a fee for him, but perhaps next season if Jonny or Semedo become the clear starter he'd be in as a back up if one is shipped on.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope he gets game time in the friendly sunday and then we see him in the europa conference league games.

1658225980120.png

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their league starts this weekend so maybe won't see him appear until the following week. Do any UK broadcasters show the Belgian league does anyone know?
Eleven Sports, OneFootball and Mola according to Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom