Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva Beneficial for a Loan as MGW successful Loan spell

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad turns 20 before the start of next season (July), he's ready and needs to be playing week in week out to give him the best chance of reaching his potential. Would be a key season to miss in that regard, or to only start a handful of games

Many 20 year olds have torn that league up... but it feels we have a more Phil Foden style approach to him and I think he will stay, I don't think that's what's best for him, but I think he'll stay at the club

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has gone past the loan stage in my opinion. Always causes problems, and the chances he creates are often self made. Would be nice to see what he could do if we actually played the ball where he points to and makes runs, instead of him having to rely on chasing things down, robbing the defender, and then attacking himself.

Hee-Chan has a better goals to minutes ratio than Raul, as does Jonny, so it's not like Raul finds this season a breeze and Silva is struggling.

He has played 544 premier league minutes this season - in that amount of time, statistically, Raul would have scored only one goal.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad turns 20 before the start of next season (July), he's ready and needs to be playing week in week out to give him the best chance of reaching his potential. Would be a key season to miss in that regard, or to only start a handful of games

Many 20 year olds have torn that league up... but it feels we have a more Phil Foden style approach to him and I think he will stay, I don't think that's what's best for him, but I think he'll stay at the club
A great example at 20 years old Harry Kane was loaned out from Spurs to 4 different other clubs before he became a regular Spurs & England's No 9 and captain :)

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs a loan.. He needs to be playing weekly with a decent team. Coming off our bench with the occasional starts are not good enough for either party.
It's not about saving face and Jeff Shi it's about being a half decent club that recognises what the player and club need.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Id definitely loan him to a top championship club likely to be pushing for promotion with a recall option in January.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely yes. Should have been on loan last season. Fair enough, was needed due to injury to Raul. Then should have been on loan this season. And so it goes. We need to get a "finished" striker in and let Fabio develop elsewhere, MGW is surely the evidence of what is best for all concerned?

Occasionally shows promising signs, but then also shows some real flaws that need sorting out (again, similar to MGW) and I can't see how they are going to get ironed out with occasional minutes in high pressure matches at the highest level.

Also, there are so many biases. It's so hard to see impartially through all the expectation and the "generational talent" hype. It would be interesting to see what *other* clubs actually think of him. If he's "all that" then there will be a queue ... if not, then either some club is going to strike lucky when he scores a hatful for them...or he isn't "all that" after all.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely yes. Should have been on loan last season. Fair enough, was needed due to injury to Raul. Then should have been on loan this season. And so it goes. We need to get a "finished" striker in and let Fabio develop elsewhere, MGW is surely the evidence of what is best for all concerned?

Occasionally shows promising signs, but then also shows some real flaws that need sorting out (again, similar to MGW) and I can't see how they are going to get ironed out with occasional minutes in high pressure matches at the highest level.

Also, there are so many biases. It's so hard to see impartially through all the expectation and the "generational talent" hype. It would be interesting to see what *other* clubs actually think of him. If he's "all that" then there will be a queue ... if not, then either some club is going to strike lucky when he scores a hatful for them...or he isn't "all that" after all.
Agreed here and also maybe Jeff and co are scared and stung now with whats happened to Adama on loan at Barcelona they thought he would be playing in their team most of the games. So if Fabio goes on loan they should make it an obligation that the loan club plays him when fully fit if possible.

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think I agree with all of this and what they value Fabio at this moment in time now...
Yet Fosun are an investment company what have they gotta do to make WWFC 's biggest investment better?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id definitely loan him to a top championship club likely to be pushing for promotion with a recall option in January.
I think he would be better off in Portugal. It would take the pressure off playing in familiar surroundings with less physical defences. Needs to build up his confidence. Perhaps we could take a Ramos or Bernardo in return.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think I agree with all of this and what they value Fabio at this moment in time now...
Yet Fosun are an investment company what have they gotta do to make WWFC 's biggest investment better?

According to that ( rubbish article) Silva was only valued at £10m when we bought him and now they reckon he’s worth £16m ????

He must be doing something right.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a loan at a club like blues until January some club that will really toughen him up

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
MGW shouldn't have gone on loan, he could have done a good job for us this season.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I realise he hasn’t played much this year but we can’t get away from the fact he hasn’t scored a single goal all season .

If Bruno stopped axing him for Hwang, he would have probably scored already.

I wouldn’t really blame this on Fabio because he’s looked bright when he plays.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If Bruno stopped axing him for Hwang, he would have probably scored already.

I wouldn’t really blame this on Fabio because he’s looked bright when he plays.
I am not blaming him .I am merely stating that he hasn’t scored which is a malaise throughout the club generally

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really know. If he joins the wrong side and has a poor season then it could destroy him. Also, how can the club seriously loan a £35m player out to a side in the league below and not look totally inept?

I think he’s improved massively for us this season but he hasn’t scored and hasn’t looked like scoring.

If he cost £10m I would be looking at loaning to a Norwich who will score a lot of goals. But I don’t think a loan would be great for his morale.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No loan for me.He needs to learn the wolves way not some crappy Championship team.He'd be better off playing games in the U23s and get his confidence up.At least they are trying to mirror what the first team are doing.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sheff U don't go up, that would be a good option for a loan.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sheff U don't go up, that would be a good option for a loan.
Well Fabio ain't gonna get a goal this season by sitting on the bench is he and if Jeff tells Bruno to start him against Norwich he ain't gonna be match fit either. MGW imo should have stayed here this season as he's got more goals than our two top strikers have together. Plus Fabio should have gone out on loan this season to sharpen the teenager up but Jeff would have vetoed Bruno over that if he'd have proposed to sending him out on loan .

Jeff' Shi's got a hold of the reins of our horse & carriage and he doesn't realise the wheels are falling off!!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we loan out Bruno instead? Forest Green have a vacancy.
Bruno has done marvellous to get us to 8th as Jeff Shi hasn't backed him at all in transfer windows..
Only really Chiquinho at 3.5m spent for Bruno not 35m as to Nuno buys (Fabio & Semedo)

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Well Fabio ain't gonna get a goal this season by sitting on the bench is he and if Jeff tells Bruno to start him against Norwich he ain't gonna be match fit either. MGW imo should have stayed here this season as he's got more goals than our two top strikers have together. Plus Fabio should have gone out on loan this season to sharpen the teenager up but Jeff would have vetoed Bruno over that if he'd have proposed to sending him out on loan .

Jeff' Shi's got a hold of the reins of our horse & carriage and he doesn't realise the wheels are falling off!!
What evidence do you have that Jeff Shi has ever tried to tell any manager who to pick?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva needs game time. If he's to be back up again to Jimenez or whoever next season then that's another 12 months of his young career missed. If he's not going to be played send him out on loan to a decent Champs side or back to Portugal to get the minutes and experience on the pitch. He's learning nothing sat on his bum for 90 minutes every week.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What evidence do you have that Jeff Shi has ever tried to tell any manager who to pick?
When Fabio first joined us Jeff probably told the manager / coach of our 1st team squad and under 21 team to play him against Doncaster Rover in EFL Cup where on he scored 2 goals. Plus I watched the U23's I think start of this season or maybe last season? Where he was picked and told the manager / coach to only play Fabio for the first 45 minutes. At Compton training ground where you could see Jeff on his own touchline in attendance with watchful eyes only for one guy. Fabio didn't appear for second half of that game neither did Jeff Shi to watch the rest of the Wolves U23 team play.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
When Fabio first joined us Jeff probably told the manager / coach of our 1st team squad and under 21 team to play him against Doncaster Rover in EFL Cup where on he scored 2 goals. Plus I watched the U23's I think start of this season or maybe last season? Where he was picked and told the manager / coach to only play Fabio for the first 45 minutes. At Compton training ground where you could see Jeff on his own touchline in attendance with watchful eyes only for one guy. Fabio didn't appear for second half of that game neither did Jeff Shi to watch the rest of the Wolves U23 team play.
Okay, but what evidence do you have that Jeff Shi is playing a part in picking any team?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Fabio first joined us Jeff probably told the manager / coach of our 1st team squad and under 21 team to play him against Doncaster Rover in EFL Cup where on he scored 2 goals. Plus I watched the U23's I think start of this season or maybe last season? Where he was picked and told the manager / coach to only play Fabio for the first 45 minutes.

My God, you've cracked the case!

I knew it was suspicious that a young prospect was being picked for an U23 game - there was no other plausible explanation, but it took until now for all the pieces to fall into place.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, but what evidence do you have that Jeff Shi is playing a part in picking any team?
I'm not suggesting at all Jeff Shi is picking the whole Wolves team. I'm just suggesting he was with Nuno and is now nudging / suggesting to Bruno that " Don't you think you should give our our boy Fabio a game " this weekend or whenever the game is from time to time.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting at all Jeff Shi is picking the whole Wolves team. I'm just suggesting he was with Nuno and is now nudging / suggesting to Bruno that " Don't you think you should give our our boy Fabio a game " this weekend or whenever the game is from time to time.
Making it up then…

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My God, you've cracked the case!

I knew it was suspicious that a young prospect was being picked for an U23 game - there was no other plausible explanation, but it took until now for all the pieces to fall into place.
And...all the other times Jeff has attended U23 games he was just plotting and biding his time for the next opportunity he would have to force his protégé on the team. Or maybe trying to cover up for that slip up of vanishing at half time in the Fabio debut?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And...all the other times Jeff has attended U23 games he was just plotting and biding his time for the next opportunity he would have to force his protégé on the team. Or maybe trying to cover up for that slip up of vanishing at half time in the Fabio debut?

[MESSAGE REDACTED] - J. Shi

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't loan him out, I think the time for that was last season and this if he needed to acclimatise to English football. Yes he needs to start scoring goals but I don't think the way we play has helped him at all. I know I'm probably in a very small minority here but I think the lad really has something and in the right system he'd flourish, that's on the wider team to make that happen.

I do feel a bit for the lad, having to cover Raul so soon and unexpectedly was never going to work out as it was never the plan and he was nowhere near ready. Having said that he didn't let it break him, he still gives his all and some of his movement shows he's got the reading of the game, he just very rarely gets the breaks in front of goal which has led to him snatching at chances.

If Raul isn't going to get his mojo back then Fabio will have a big part to play next season, I just hope the club build a team that actually give him a chance. Loaning him out to a lower league to score 20+ a season when we only have one more fit striker only to bring him back and put him in a team that doesn't create chances just seems completely counter productive. Let him grow with us.

MontyR

Reaction score
Nothing to really play for anymore so it’d be great to see how a 4231 would play out with him, Trincao, Neto and Podence/Hwang up front.

A loan this season would’ve been beneficial (would’ve loved to see him go to Sheffield with MGW), but I think it’s too late now. Apart from the lack of goals he’s arguably well-capable of premier league football, and when our top goal scorers only have 5 or so goals, then it’s a team issue, not the striker.

Back
Top Bottom