Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent first half and we should have been 4-0 up. No idea why we decided to be so worried looking in the second half though. The team needs to learn to really learn to kill teams off as we let Everton right back into it.

Kilman again showing why he is being linked with an England call up and Southgate was at Molineux tonight. RAN miles better than Marcal at wing back and must stay there now.

I thought Trincao was very good first half. Everton werent expecting him to be quite so central at times and he would have scored a brilliant goal had it not been for Pickford.

Delighted for Raul getting another goal. Onto a very tough game at Palace now.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect you’re probably right. I like him - he’s an enigma. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player play this number of times and just not really got a sense of what they’re going to turn up and do each game.

I think he still lacks the physicality for this level and the nature of this league. I'm all for silky skills, but in this league, you have skillful players who are also strong as an ox. Trincao just loses out physically too often. Every time, pretty much. He's not that pacey, either. I'm sure it will develop with time. Ait-Nouri is looking bigger than last year and it appears to have helped his game, too. Similarly, the same happened with Neto. On finishing, huge lack of composure in the big occasion. I bet in training he scores that every time.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brilliant win and performance, even if those last few minutes were a bit more nervy than they needed to be.

Absolutely scintillating first half where only a marginal offside decision and some inspired goalkeeping from Pickford kept the score somewhat respectable. 4-0 at half-time wouldn’t have flattered us at all.

Second half they were always going to have a go but we could (and should) have killed the game with Raul hitting the post and Trincao (who was excellent) missing an absolute sitter.

Sa was a real mixed bag. One horrible moment that changed the momentum of the game but redeemed himself with an absolutely magnificent save from Gordon’s header.

Back three (one Saiss slice apart) were all very good. Kilman must be knocking on the door of the England squad. Coady was heroic on more than one occasion and Saiss was aggressive and excellent with his distribution.

Both wing-backs were fantastic. Semedo absolutely faultless throughout and Ait-Nouri was a revelation. Have said it for a while now but he is going all the way to the top. Crazy that he is that good at this age.

Neves and Moutinho both superb on the ball and their pressing was excellent.

Trincao brilliant and ran the show in the first half. Found pockets of space at will and so unlucky not to score with a wonderful shot in the first half.

Hwang lively throughout and for the first time since Jota, we have someone who is on the same wavelength as Raul.

Speaking of which, Raul was magnificent. Consistently drove with purpose at their back four and such a composed finish for the goal. What a moment to see him back scoring at Molineux and for that, he probably just pips Trincao, RAN and Neves for Man of the Match.

Sa 6
Coady 7
Saiss 7
Kilman 7
Semedo 8
Neves 8
Moutinho 8
RAN 8
Trincao 8
Raul 8
Hwang 7

Podence 6
Dendoncker N/A
Fabio N/A

Really enjoyed the nature of the performance which was far more in keeping with those at the start of the season. Just fantastic that this time it brought us the reward it deserved.

Well done Bruno and the boys, great stuff.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I suspect you’re probably right. I like him - he’s an enigma. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player play this number of times and just not really got a sense of what they’re going to turn up and do each game.
I raise you a sheyi ojo

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Harsh on trincao. He’s definitely brilliant and will start producing goals and assists. Great player
First half good, 2nd half dismal. He is very lazy as well. Semedo did brilliantly with very little support at times. Wonder if his fitness is an issue, he has faded massively in every game thus far

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was back to the suffocating Bruno-ball that had disappeared since the start of the season. We hunted in packs and didn’t give them a second.

The passes through the lines were destroying them and something I don’t think I’ve ever watched a Wolves side do well.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with that, first half was our best for a very long time. RAN was superb and my MoTM but some good performances throughout the team.

Have to say I’ll go against the grain and say I thought Atkinson had a good game. Not booking Holgate was odd but seemed most 50/50s went our way, and the match flowed well overall.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 6.5 - some good saves, one almighty wobble. I like him though, he's obviously bonkers
Saiss - 7.5 - played well tonight tbf
Coady - 7.5 - the same
Kilman - 7.5 - solid, scored
Ait Nouri - 8 - this is why I've been banging on about the lad, he's gonna be top class
Semedo - 7 - Solid, really good defensively
Neves - 8 - class tonight
Moutinho - 7.5 - fantastic first half
Hwang - 7 - I like him a lot; gotta be honest I was critical of the signing but he's a great lad to have in the side
Trincao - 7 - ooh now he's a strange one... I'd have hooked him after 65 mins but in the first half he showed why he's starting. I just wish he was stronger
Jiminez - 8 - good link up play, nice goal

Everton were cack but the way we broke up play, passed in tight situations and created chances in that first half they were unsurprisingly rattled.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with that, first half was our best for a very long time. RAN was superb and my MoTM but some good performances throughout the team.

Have to say I’ll go against the grain and say I thought Atkinson had a good game. Not booking Holgate was odd but seemed most 50/50s went our way, and the match flowed well overall.
The ref did well tonight. In the first half there were plenty of soft tumbles that he could've fallen for for he let it go. As you say, Holgate should've been booked but who cares?

D

Deleted member 12607

Benitez would rather jump off a cliff than give us any credit

bully9

Reaction score
Probably the best 60 mins I’ve seen us play in a long time. That’s the kind of fluidity in the front 3 we don’t get with Adama and it was great to watch. Still would have liked to see Traore on in the last 15 standing on the half way but oh well

Jimenez
Neves
Moutinho
Ait nouri

All outstanding but great performance all around
How do you mis out Sa he had 1 thing to do great save

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved to win. Should have scored more, especially Trincao who missed a sitter. Nervy second half because we took our foot off the gas, inviting pressure and a bit of negativity crept in, which was crazy. However, fully deserved victory. Some fine performances in Trincao, despite the miss, who gives us better balance up front, both wing backs, Neves, who was everywhere, and Raul. What a number 9 to have in your side. If only that header had gone in, along with his first half goal, almost the perfect centre forward performance. Final word, though, goes to our Max. He's had a tough year off the pitch but on it, he's been Mr Dependable! Fine headed goal and usual reliable defending. Plays like a Brazilian but cost less than a million!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it's a bit harsh to say we sat back, think it was more we tired and they upped the intensity.
Don't think anyone had a bad game although Sa nearly made me cack me pants before producing a great save.
Trincao was good I thought but he really needs to put one of these chances away. Hwang also looked knackered, we really need to change it up earlier imo.
Best RAN has played imo.
Kilman, Neves and Raul also terrific.

L78

Reaction score
Great start to game but made hard work of it in the end should have been out of sight in the first half

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I long for that game where we are so much better than the opponents and the scoreline actually agrees with us! I’d love nothing more than for us to get the cigars out on 80mins but I’m kinda used to the nervy endings now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on. This is getting silly now. It’s like a separate programme! Is he a superstar? No. Is he retiring? No. It’s embarrassing really.

Tomcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Great first half. Not so great 2nd but overall happy with a good win against a decent side. Worth the £10 paid for the sky day pass but why am I now subjected to an injured player from the losing side being interviewed by an arrogant spitting scouser after most of the build up was taken up by discussion of the spurs/ manu match 2 days ago?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She knows a lot more about football than anyone on here
She does but I just don’t like hearing her voice on comms. I’d have no issue with her as a pundit at all as she does clearly know her stuff - way more than Alex Scott and way more than Jamie Redknapp. But i find her commentary irritating.

Back
Top Bottom