Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno, I am always told goals and assists are what matter. Not sure he has created a proper chance yet and has the miss of the season plus another sitter. He goes past players well, but doesn't massively impact games for long periods.
Played a lovely ball through to put Semedo one on one at Watford. Excellent first half last night and clearly a very good, technical footballer. Needs a bit of patience.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With such a long time out and the seriousness of the injury, I think we'll need to see Neto play at least half a season to ensure we are happy he can consistently reach the standards he's played before so that would make it a bit of a gamble selling one in Jan without further cover.
Thats a very fair point. But it is counter-balanced by the fact that the longer Traore refuses to sign a new contract the more likely we won't get full value when we eventually sell him. Maybe another (short-term) loan signing is required to fill he gap if we sell him in January...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played a lovely ball through to put Semedo one on one at Watford. Excellent first half last night and clearly a very good, technical footballer. Needs a bit of patience.
Sadly patience and football are not two words that go together. I agree though, he has tremendous potential, and will only get better.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno, I am always told goals and assists are what matter. Not sure he has created a proper chance yet and has the miss of the season plus another sitter. He goes past players well, but doesn't massively impact games for long periods.
Dont know about miss of the season,we have missed a fair few easy chances so far
I believe he has the most shots on target of any Wolves player this season, and he hasnt played in a few games
I was really impressed with him till that miss,which i agree btw he should have put away,and he almost won us a penalty later on
He is by no means the finished article,but is showing improvement
With a season under his belt, and a bit more bulking up,i think he could be a star,with many seasons ahead of him
Would love to see him and Neto play together in the New year

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a decent game.First half reminded of us in our Championship winning season.Controlled the tempo and passed them off the pitch. But in the Premier league I knew Everton would come back into it second half.
Watching it again this morning I think Benitez taking off Iwobi was a mistake as he looked dangerous.
Special mention for Ait-Nouri looking a great talent.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Dont know about miss of the season,we have missed a fair few easy chances so far
I believe he has the most shots on target of any Wolves player this season, and he hasnt played in a few games
I was really impressed with him till that miss,which i agree btw he should have put away,and he almost won us a penalty later on
He is by no means the finished article,but is showing improvement
With a season under his belt, and a bit more bulking up,i think he could be a star,with many seasons ahead of him
Would love to see him and Neto play together in the New year

Can't remember an easier one, harder to miss the target than score.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Also, if he's been impacted by Covid at all, he'll probably be ****ing knackered by then, which will impact his speed of thought and movement. Lage should've seen that and subbed him 15-20 mins earlier than he did - when the passes started going astray and the wrong decisions were being made. It's almost 3 weeks since I had Covid and if I take the dog out for a 30 minute walk, I still have to lie down for an hour or so afterwards! Admittedly I'm not a super-fit 21 year old footballer these days.......
I know exactly what you mean. I also got covid 3 weeks ago and this is taking time to get back to normal. The sudden bouts of tiredness are extreme and I'm surprised that he is back playing so soon.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you're being a bit harsh. Missing that chance aside he was good, helped the team well & without his pressing, Raul doesn't even get his chance to score. Give him time to settle & he'll be great I think.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does anyone personally get out of calling people out? For what, having an opinion?

I don't think looking to hang out individual contributors on here is necessary.
It’s ok I am thick skinned, some people like to feel empowered.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so sure on that. Neto was clearly the better finisher, from the start. And goals are what it's all about. Trincao's approach play is good, but breaks down the closer to the goal he gets. Neto is brimful with confidence, always was. We're a team that in general struggles with "end product" - it's not just Adama.

As goals are the main thing and something we need to improve on, for me, Raul, Hwang and Neto are the "must keeps". There are plenty of clubs Trincao would shine at, I just feel we have enough talented tricky players who struggle with end product already. Unless he's a knock-down £10M or something, of course, certainly not £25M.
You’re not going to get a player like him for £10m though. Neto was £17m, Barca might be desperate for cash, but part of the fairly high option is going to be buying out big club wages.

You’d struggle to get a player of his quality/potential for peanuts if he was still at a lesser Portuguese team, never mind not getting there first and having to cover the big club inflation cost.
Barca paid €30m for him. Which is part of why they’re broke, but he’s blatantly worth a significant fee. Expecting to get him for less than we paid for Neto is daft.
As is forgetting the number of times Pedro ran into blind alleys, made poor decisions to give the ball away or rolled that open goal wide in the Europa in his early games.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suspect you’re probably right. I like him - he’s an enigma. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player play this number of times and just not really got a sense of what they’re going to turn up and do each game.
According to Tim he gave the ball away 15 times last night, i think he can be very good at times but very bad sometimes to

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the attendance was last night?

Don’t know why but it doesn’t seem to be shown on any websites. Happened a few times this season.

Just curious and always want to see a full Mol.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

According to Tim he gave the ball away 15 times last night, i think he can be very good at times but very bad sometimes to
He had the 2nd least touches on the pitch for us as well after Sa, pretty remarkable. I don't generally mind attacking players giving the ball away, but in the second half he had about a 20 minute spell of not even touching the ball and when he did he got robbed of it

He has talent, but not a £25M player at all yet for me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the same Trincao who Holgate brought down on the edge of the area when through and who should have scored when in front of goal? Not really sure how Delph completely cut him off?
I know you are a massive Adama fan and he may well have been a good option with Everton pushing on a little second half, but I do think Bruno got the team spot on the way Everton set up initially and aside from the miss I thought Trincao was very good for most of the game.
I also thought Neves and RAN were excellent tonight and great to see Raul bag his first home goal of the season.
Moutinho was also very good in those first 30 minutes.
One thing that concerned me is that the pressing in that first half put Everton on the back foot and led to mistakes. When we dropped off it let them back in the game when they were definitely there for the taking.
I rate Traore and certainly would have brought him on instead of Pod, who l thought was ineffective, not least because just by staying on the halfway line he'd have tied up two or three Everton players. I thought, with the exception of the chance that he really should have buried but rather snatched at, that Trincao played bloody well last night, though.

dgm6769

Reaction score
Wonder what Coady was saying to them while pointing his finger at them during the celebrations for the hwangs ruled out goal.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what Coady was saying to them while pointing his finger at them during the celebrations for the hwangs ruled out goal.
with his horrid scouse accent, he probably said, "yeiu caehu dieiao dwico wifwos".

He only understood what he said.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see Everton fans fighting towards the end of the first half?
Not sure if they fighting amongst themselves but seemed to leaning over wall to punch at stewards / police .
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere - it was at the end nearest the North Bank/Quadrant

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if they fighting amongst themselves but seemed to leaning over wall to punch at stewards / police .
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere - it was at the end nearest the North Bank/Quadrant
I saw that in a few of those videos made by fans on youtube. I think Finnerz' video had some of that.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Looked like the police were throwing someone out and the fans took objection to it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like the police were throwing someone out and the fans took objection to it.
Yep the fan was refusing to leave so the police basically picked him up and carried him out and the Everton fans went berserk. Ridiculous really if the police ask you to leave you leave it’s not like they’re going to change their minds.

Back
Top Bottom