Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 6.5 - some good saves, one almighty wobble. I like him though, he's obviously bonkers
Saiss - 7.5 - played well tonight tbf
Coady - 7.5 - the same
Kilman - 7.5 - solid, scored
Ait Nouri - 8 - this is why I've been banging on about the lad, he's gonna be top class
Semedo - 7 - Solid, really good defensively
Neves - 8 - class tonight
Moutinho - 7.5 - fantastic first half
Hwang - 7 - I like him a lot; gotta be honest I was critical of the signing but he's a great lad to have in the side
Trincao - 7 - ooh now he's a strange one... I'd have hooked him after 65 mins but in the first half he showed why he's starting. I just wish he was stronger
Jiminez - 8 - good link up play, nice goal

Everton were cack but the way we broke up play, passed in tight situations and created chances in that first half they were unsurprisingly rattled.
I had Trincao as MOTM till that miss,wont argue the rest at all

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great 1st half display. Sat back too much in 2nd but even then could have scored 2/3.

Delighted with that. Neves was outstanding. Needs to continue at that level.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A hard fought win in the end, but great to see a bit if the old swagger back.

that is it spot on - swagger. amazing to see the management and players believe we should have it, when so many of us doubted it

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That opening 35/40 mins was as much I've enjoyed watching Wolves since the pandemic, maybe even before. We we brilliant, Everton couldn't touch us. Our movement, passing through the lines, pressing, winning the ball back... just everything was spot on and as others have said 4-0 would have been a fair reflection of the game

Yes, Everton got it tactically wrong and that didn't help. They changed it and were better and had us a bit wobbly for spells, but they were never dominating like we were at the start and it was still a much deserved win... and if Raul's header goes in or Trincao doesn't have another meltdown in front of goal it's more comfortable

Sa - That horror moment aside was very good and a superb save from Gordon. 7
Semedo - Didn't put a foot wrong today and got forward well. 8
Saiss - Solid and good distribution. Once slice aside was a good performance. 7
Coady - Also solid. a few typical blocks and commanded the back line well. 7
Kilman - Brillaint again and so deserved his goal, not just for today but for his season so far. Cap him Gareth! 8
Ait-Nouri - Just superb. Great assist delivery for Kilmans goal, but second half when we were on the back foot his defensive quality came to the fore and at one time won the back back 3 times in about 5 mins. Must play now. 9 MOTM
Neves - Had a great game. Throwing himself around and blocking, tackling and his passing was top notch. 9
Moutinho. Hardly remember him giving he ball away and had a very Joao like game (at his best). 8
Trincao. Did well, first half was excellent and good in moments in the second. Just needs to unscramble his brain in front of goal! But to be fair Pickford has made a great save in the 1st half to deny him. 8
Hee-Chan. Another all action display, unlucky not to score 1st half and was involved in so much of our best play. Automatic pick now. 8
Jimenez. First World Class performance from Raul since injury, back to his best, and his best is as good as anyone out there. Touch, control, power, driving at defenders and a classy finish. He's back, like, really back. 9

Bruno got his tactics spot on for the start of the game. Hoping we could counter Everton's change in shape a bit better that got them back in the game but all in all he got the selection right with Trincao

That was a performance we can say we deserve to be 7th with, and looking up the table

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, but I think Lage brings Podence on because he presses more than Traore - defending from the front, at least in theory. If we are chasing the game, needing a goal, I think Adama comes on.
Which, in my opinion, is ironically not the best way to use Adama. Bring him on when we have a lead; it’s a bit of a risk but I’d much rather see Adama coming on tonight and looking to exploit the space that Everton left in behind for most of the 2nd half.
When we chase games I feel Adama gets smothered with less room to work within.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to get the win. Good performances all round, but special kudos to RAN, Max and Raul.
Thought Bruno was a bit tardy with his subs - I would definitely have liked to seen Adama on rather than wee Dan.
How did Holgate not get a card? I don't suppose it matters because we won, but should have got one for pulling Trincao down in the first half and the tackle on the same player in the second was another clear yellow. Apart from that I thought Atkinson did well, particularly blowing the final whistle when he did - I expected him to play longer.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a superb team to watch playing football like we did in the first 45 minutes. We would have been a match for ANY top Premier League team on that performance. 2 goals, a disallowed goal because a toenail was offside, 2 great saves from Pickford. Just great to watch.

Admittedly Everton were without Doucoure, Mina, Digne and Calvert Lewin and we were reminded of that of course several times on Sky Sports commentary. Well we have had horrendous injury problems so no sympathy. We are without Marcal, Neto and Jonny as well.

Second half Everton had to improve and they pressed us more. We still created chances but it was more of an even 45 minutes. A bit nerve shredding at the end but we deserved the win and 3 points.

Great performances from:
Raul
Neves
RAN
Semedo
Kilman

Good performances from everyone else.

Impressed with Trincao who is going to be some player. Needs to fill out a bit, but he looks great with the ball at his feet. Yes, he needs to sharpen up his finishing but he looks more controlled than Adama imo.

Early days yet, but we have momentum. Need to have a good November, with some tough matches in December. Play a full game like we did tonight for those first 45 minutes and we will be a match for anybody.

COYW

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched this one in a Sheffield pub letting my season ticket go to waste. No regrets over that, despite the performance, and I enjoyed the locals' comments: Molineux's a proper good ground; Wolves fans are alright; Jiminez is world class; Kilman might get an England cap; RAN looks great etc. I was dead proud to be a Wolves fan tonight :)

JJ59

Reaction score
Really should have saw them off early but fantastic all around, good response to disappointment in the draw against Leeds.

Well done Max on the first goal aswell!

International recognition beckons.
Think Coady might have bent Southgates ear about Kilman.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic first half and there were quite a few impressive performances tonight. Neves was excellent and i thought ait nouri was great too. Obviously need to kill sides off but we could really give someone a good slapping at some point with performances like that.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao needs a goal, then I'm sure he'll take off. Did absolutely everything right, bar the finish. Good positioning in the box to take the pass from Hwang, showed composure with that little touch past the Everton defender, it just fell onto his wrong foot. Like the commentator said, should have just toe-poked it. It'll come. One thing's for sure, hate to say it, but he gives us a better balance than Adama and, like Hwang, plays closer to Jiminez, which means we have a proper front 3. Another interesting aspect to his game is despite not being fast, he does have that strange ability to glide past players. It's mesmerising in a way. Interesting to see how it pans out with Trincao.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That opening 35/40 mins was as much I've enjoyed watching Wolves since the pandemic, maybe even before. We we brilliant, Everton couldn't touch us. Our movement, passing through the lines, pressing, winning the ball back... just everything was spot on and as others have said 4-0 would have been a fair reflection of the game

Yes, Everton got it tactically wrong and that didn't help. They changed it and were better and had us a bit wobbly for spells, but they were never dominating like we were at the start and it was still a much deserved win... and if Raul's header goes in or Trincao doesn't have another meltdown in front of goal it's more comfortable

Sa - That horror moment aside was very good and a superb save from Gordon. 7
Semedo - Didn't put a foot wrong today and got forward well. 8
Saiss - Solid and good distribution. Once slice aside was a good performance. 7
Coady - Also solid. a few typical blocks and commanded the back line well. 7
Kilman - Brillaint again and so deserved his goal, not just for today but for his season so far. Cap him Gareth! 8
Ait-Nouri - Just superb. Great assist delivery for Kilmans goal, but second half when we were on the back foot his defensive quality came to the fore and at one time won the back back 3 times in about 5 mins. Must play now. 9 MOTM
Neves - Had a great game. Throwing himself around and blocking, tackling and his passing was top notch. 9
Moutinho. Hardly remember him giving he ball away and had a very Joao like game (at his best). 8
Trincao. Did well, first half was excellent and good in moments in the second. Just needs to unscramble his brain in front of goal! But to be fair Pickford has made a great save in the 1st half to deny him. 8
Hee-Chan. Another all action display, unlucky not to score 1st half and was involved in so much of our best play. Automatic pick now. 8
Jimenez. First World Class performance from Raul since injury, back to his best, and his best is as good as anyone out there. Touch, control, power, driving at defenders and a classy finish. He's back, like, really back. 9

Bruno got his tactics spot on for the start of the game. Hoping we could counter Everton's change in shape a bit better that got them back in the game but all in all he got the selection right with Trincao

That was a performance we can say we deserve to be 7th with, and looking up the table
Bang on write up. What a difference having a world class striker makes. 2-0 HT very dangerous score but we deserved to see it out. Feeling more optimistic for Palace now.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thought Hwang deserves a special mention tonight. despite the goals, i think he's been patchy previously - first half tonight he was relentless, he has a great habit of making physical challenges, sort of body checking or winning 30-70 balls, and getting away with it so ball goes loose and we capitalise. then his tracking back cover wingbacks was great too later on.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely lovely to come back home to a win. Going to sleep a very happy chappy. I really didn't expect us to win tonight. It had all the hallmarks of a Wolves loss. In form. Opponents out of form with an injury crisis. Lionel Iwobi and Cristiano Richarlison lining up.

We have a mental toughness now that had just gone last season.

Bruno is doing a lot better than I thought.

Good night to all x

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 7 - Mistake aside, good saves and command
Saiss - 8 - Excellent all night for me.
Coady - 7 - Solid.
Kilman - 7 - As above.
Ait Nouri - 8 - Best game in a Wolves shirt for me
Semedo - 7 - Solid.
Neves - 8 - A very very good midfielder.
Moutinho - 7 - see above.
Hwang - 7 - Industrious. Will improve final product.
Trincao - ? - I’ve no idea if he’s brilliant or hopeless.
Jiminez - 8 - Won everything in the air and the finish was a stunner.

Podence - 6 - Not for me.
Dendoncker + Fabio - N/A

Everton first half - 1
Everton second half - 6

Bruno - 8.

Delph - 11 - The Messiah, apparently.
Gordon - 5 - probably just a scouser as opposed to the genius they all think he is.
Pod? What exactly did he do? Ineffective at best.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best thing that came about from Trincaos miss, was his reaction. Didn't hide/go into his shell like he did against Newcastle.

Keep it up lad, the goals will come.
Hope so, but it was a BAD miss....

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people sometimes have to realize there are two teams that play football matches against each other and sometimes, given the marginal differences in quality between the sides, purely psychology can make the difference. We didn't intentionally sit back, Everton pressed us higher up the field and forced us into mistakes. It was inevitable that with nothing to lose they would come at us and probably make a game of it.

We aren't going to walk any game playing the way we play with the players we have because they aren't clinical enough. But it sure looks better on the eye than the alternative.

Anyway, we are up to 7th, the football is better, Bruno still hasn't been backed in the transfer market. Long may this evolution continue.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely stuff from the lads and knowing of the offside goal being on (credit VAR on this one, it was spot on), the excellent save by Pickford, as well as Raul's header off the white beam and Trincao's sitter, meant it could have been 4 or 5 on another night!

That first half was sublime - a magificent header by Max and Raul's finish being as calm as you can dream; even if Godfrey's mistake was glorious...

We held oursleves tremendously at the back, even if I feared that were gonna toss it away as last week. But it wouldn't be us if it weren't nervy periods and as a result of man for man digging in, our fruit thankfully stayed on the tree.

Ruben was unbeliveable from moment 1; Rayan ruled the left and has just cemented his place in the side for a long time; the link-up play for Hwang's offside goal was headspinning; Sa's save fully made for his slight heartattack earlier and ultimately all means: WE TOP THE FORM TABLE!

Things are looking pretty decent and lets hope that continues on Saturday afternoon in Croydon!

DarloWolf

Reaction score
I think people sometimes have to realize there are two teams that play football matches against each other and sometimes, given the marginal differences in quality between the sides, purely psychology can make the difference. We didn't intentionally sit back, Everton pressed us higher up the field and forced us into mistakes. It was inevitable that with nothing to lose they would come at us and probably make a game of it.

We aren't going to walk any game playing the way we play with the players we have because they aren't clinical enough. But it sure looks better on the eye than the alternative.

Anyway, we are up to 7th, the football is better, Bruno still hasn't been backed in the transfer market. Long may this evolution continue.
This is true and that should be the commentary as well , we should get praise for
Winning they shouldn’t get **** for losing

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was ****ing material
Second half was evens, we certainly had as many chances as they did second half and I generally thought both teams looked good going forward.

How people can defend Atkinson I don’t know, 2 yellow cards for Holgate, neither given yet RAN got booked for what? Pathetic refereeing

Oh and just to end on a list do better, what the **** was that free kick in the second half!!!

Neves and Raul joint MOM how good was Rauls touch tonight, some on here claimed he was finished, hang your heads in shame

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh on trincao. He’s definitely brilliant and will start producing goals and assists. Great player
Frankly, if hes a 32m player to make him permanent I wouldnt be paying it on the performances so far. He has an incredible touch, gets into good positions but then inexplicably takes either the wrong option or slows the game down, turns back and kills promising moves. I find him a peculiar player.

Back
Top Bottom