Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the best 60 mins I’ve seen us play in a long time. That’s the kind of fluidity in the front 3 we don’t get with Adama and it was great to watch. Still would have liked to see Traore on in the last 15 standing on the half way but oh well

Jimenez
Neves
Moutinho
Ait nouri

All outstanding but great performance all around

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Thought we were excellent first half and tailed off in second but Everton had to improve, I’d said 2 nil before the game and think we were at least 2 goals better than them. V Happy with 7th tonight..!

Last edited:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb performance to a man!
Was a little nervier than it ought to have been, we really should be been out of sight before Everton scored but over the moon with that.
Well done boys and well done to Bruno and his team.

D

Deleted member 12607

A verdict from the Everton fans forum: 'Wolves just stopped playing at 2-0. Daft from them but they still won'.
Not really, the extra man in their midfield helped them but we still had the best chances. Raul hit the post and Trincao missed a sitter

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the best 60 mins I’ve seen us play in a long time. That’s the kind of fluidity in the front 3 we don’t get with Adama and it was great to watch. Still would have liked to see Traore on in the last 15 standing on the half way but oh well

Jimenez
Neves
Moutinho
Ait nouri

You forgot Kilman.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw two sides to us tonight. When in the front foot awesome playing some sublime football. When we drop deeper we looked a little uneasy but we're playing football we should be proud of, it will bring some dodgy moments with it but Jesus we can be very very good

After an exciting but pointless start to the season we have done fantastic

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Jimenez
Neves
Moutinho
Ait nouri

I'd add Kilman to that list. I thought he was excellent tonight

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should have brought Traore on, or brought Podence on a bit earlier when we were going a bit flat - other than that a really good performance with lots of nice bits of play. More like it. Just wish we'd kept going like we did in 1st half and got another goal or 2, but Everton obviously rallied at half time.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made hard work of it but a win is a win.

Lage's plan worked in the first half just as he said. The front three found space between the Everton midfield and defence and we dominated them. Second half Everton woke up and started playing. God knows why Benitez waited until halftime to change it.

Five unbeaten, four wins in five and 7th in the table. That'll do.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
first half a joy to watch and well worthy of the 2 goal lead, maybe should have been more. Fair play to Everton giving it a good go second half, and se struggled at times to contain them, but managed to weather the storm and still created a few chances ourselves. Looked the tireder of the 2 teams at the end maybe needed some fresh legs a bit earlier great 3 pts though and first half showed how Bruno want us to play

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Sa - 7 - Mistake aside, good saves and command
Saiss - 8 - Excellent all night for me.
Coady - 7 - Solid.
Kilman - 7 - As above.
Ait Nouri - 8 - Best game in a Wolves shirt for me
Semedo - 7 - Solid.
Neves - 8 - A very very good midfielder.
Moutinho - 7 - see above.
Hwang - 7 - Industrious. Will improve final product.
Trincao - ? - I’ve no idea if he’s brilliant or hopeless.
Jiminez - 8 - Won everything in the air and the finish was a stunner.

Podence - 6 - Not for me.
Dendoncker + Fabio - N/A

Everton first half - 1
Everton second half - 6

Bruno - 8.

Delph - 11 - The Messiah, apparently.
Gordon - 5 - probably just a scouser as opposed to the genius they all think he is.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 7 - Mistake aside, good saves and command
Saiss - 8 - Excellent all night for me.
Coady - 7 - Solid.
Kilman - 7 - As above.
Ait Nouri - 8 - Best game in a Wolves shirt for me
Semedo - 7 - Solid.
Neves - 8 - A very very good midfielder.
Moutinho - 7 - see above.
Hwang - 7 - Industrious. Will improve final product.
Trincao - ? - I’ve no idea if he’s brilliant or hopeless.
Jiminez - 8 - Won everything in the air and the finish was a stunner.

Podence - 6 - Not for me.
Dendoncker + Fabio - N/A

Everton first half - 1
Everton second half - 6

Bruno - 8.
Harsh on trincao. He’s definitely brilliant and will start producing goals and assists. Great player

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sat too deep second half .Jimenez excellent but despite tiring a bit second RAN was superb .Hwang totally disappeared second half when we needed an extra outlet up top
Great 3 points

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half. Bruno ball.
2nd half. it felt like Nuno was back in the house with Sa being Creightonesque. Relieved irs over and the points are banked.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Good performance in a game which could have been a banana skin, totally in control first half, thought the front three .were magnificent with their link play. Second half they squeezed us more and made it more difficult but overall a very satisfying three points.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Harsh on trincao. He’s definitely brilliant and will start producing goals and assists. Great player

I suspect you’re probably right. I like him - he’s an enigma. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player play this number of times and just not really got a sense of what they’re going to turn up and do each game.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent performance overall. Almost perfect the first 45 but still carried a threat in the second half as Everton naturally got into the game. Neves my MotM I think, though he did run out of gas in the last 15, as did a few others, RAN for one.

No doubt RAN has taken Marcals spot now and rightfully so and also fairly clear we are a better TEAM when Traore is on the bench, the passing and moving and tracking back just wouldn't be there if he started tonight. Save him for tired legs and when we will counter attack the better sides.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage makes too many correct decisions for it to be luck. He clearly has something about him.

We are far from perfect, but sometimes it’s good to take a step back and appreciate just how good we now have it. Just a few short years ago this week we signed Grant Holt. We now have a squad of wonderful football players.

2-3 Lage signings added to this squad and anything is possible.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That first half was everything we had hoped for in the build up to this game and it is how we should play from now on. It’s up to Bruno to make subtle tactical tweaks and make better use of the subs bench to maintain that performance for longer than an hour.

Neves had his best game for us in years.
RAN gave us a brand new attacking outlet and defended well too.
Trincao was superb until he tired. Missed that chance which didn’t help.
Raul was back to his best.
Moutinho was good for an hour but tired and struggled when they put an extra man in midfield.
Semedo… I’m about to be a converted fan of his.
Hwang was busy and strong.
Defence were brave and solid for the most part. Kilman, again, the pick of the bunch but collectively they played well.
Sa had that one error but I genuinely believe we’ve upgraded the keeper.

All in all we played well and deserved the win but we need to be one thing in these games and that is RUTHLESS.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
exciting football neves made us tick ran was fantastic both defensively and offensively. Trincao was tricky, I struggle to see how traore makes the team with neto back in, he will be impact sub. But hey get europe everyone plays next year.

Hwang still sloppy at times in possession him and jimenez for all there beautiful link up need to realise to shoot and lace it some times.

Kilmun well done max , now Tony Roberts needs to give sa a slap about his playing out but fantastic save to stop it being 2-2.

Lastly would have been icing on the cake for Raul to score that header instead of hitting the post. could have been 4-1 with that and trincaos miss.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely loved the first half so aggressive so much attacking intent and threat. Second half I think Everton had a half time *******ing and they were better but we got the job done so delighted. A couple of points though I said it before but Bruno seems to leave subs very late and are strange when they do arrive. I think Trincao could have come off 10 or 15 minutes earlier to be replaced by either of Podence or Traore. I know Podence did get introduced but by the time he came on he didn’t have enough time to get into the game properly. Second thing is we are so close to being a top 8 maybe even top 6 team Bruno really does need backing in January.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brilliant win and performance, even if those last few minutes were a bit more nervy than they needed to be.

Absolutely scintillating first half where only a marginal offside decision and some inspired goalkeeping from Pickford kept the score somewhat respectable. 4-0 at half-time wouldn’t have flattered us at all.

Second half they were always going to have a go but we could (and should) have killed the game with Raul hitting the post and Trincao (who was excellent) missing an absolute sitter.

Sa was a real mixed bag. One horrible moment that changed the momentum of the game but redeemed himself with an absolutely magnificent save from Gordon’s header.

Back three (one Saiss slice apart) were all very good. Kilman must be knocking on the door of the England squad. Coady was heroic on more than one occasion and Saiss was aggressive and excellent with his distribution.

Both wing-backs were fantastic. Semedo absolutely faultless throughout and Ait-Nouri was a revelation. Have said it for a while now but he is going all the way to the top. Crazy that he is that good at this age.

Neves and Moutinho both superb on the ball and their pressing was excellent.

Trincao brilliant and ran the show in the first half. Found pockets of space at will and so unlucky not to score with a wonderful shot in the first half.

Hwang lively throughout and for the first time since Jota, we have someone who is on the same wavelength as Raul.

Speaking of which, Raul was magnificent. Consistently drove with purpose at their back four and such a composed finish for the goal. What a moment to see him back scoring at Molineux and for that, he probably just pips Trincao, Semedo, RAN and Neves for Man of the Match.

Sa 7
Coady 7
Saiss 7
Kilman 7
Semedo 8
Neves 8
Moutinho 8
RAN 8
Trincao 8
Raul 8
Hwang 7

Podence 6
Dendoncker N/A
Fabio N/A

Really enjoyed the nature of the performance which was far more in keeping with those at the start of the season. Just fantastic that this time it brought us the reward it deserved.

Well done Bruno and the boys, great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom