Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dave Edwards Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't worked out too well for all those that keep selecting him:D
Football manager by the nature of the job doesnt have many who have total success or anything near it, In fact only fergie fills that criteria.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5635

Can't someone copy and paste the last Dave Edwards thread.
Il bullet point the key points for loads of pages.
*daves ****
*daves great
*loads of managers like him
*your opinion is worthless
*he has his uses
*impact sub
*great guy personally, professional, gives 100%

That about sums it up
Oh and repeat the above 10-20times

One point il make is that if a player for whatever team is a quality footballer(above the level they are at) they generally will not split opinions 99% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest I don't get it.

Some of the comments on here and on Twitter, including directly to Dave, are disgraceful.

I get that fans, including myself are excited by the ambition showed by the club and that Dave Edwards and others may not have the quality to be part of it.

I just don't understand how that transpires into the witless comments about Dave mowing lawns and washing cars. What are people hoping to achieve?

If you don't beleive in the team selection, fair enough, that's down to the manager and the rest of the people that make decisions on recruitment. Vent your frustrations. That's part of being a fan.

Laying into players who give 100% on the pitch and have done for a long time is not being a supporter. It's literally the opposite.

Reminds a bit of when Karl Henry and Joey Barton had a spat and people on here were siding with Joey Barton........Joey Barton!!!! Unbelievable Jeff.
I agree entirely,but some have an agenda to try and destroy certain players any way they can,I have given up even looking at the negative threads and their vindictive spouting off.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that about Danny. He is every bit as good a club man and a professional as Dave, yet he doesnt get anywhere near the amount of people sticking up for him.

I agree Danny doesn't get people defending him as much, and the professionalism / love for club, but Dave has had flak on here as long as I've been a member, over 7 years, and yet been a consistent pick from just about every manager to date. Danny's criticism has come more recently and there are many less detractors.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying both don't deserve defending simply that one has historically had to put up with a heck of a lot more, and still rise above it .

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, a thread on Dave Edwards before pre-season fixtures. This would constitute bullying in the workplace. Can't we just leave the bloke alone. He may have limitations as a player but he doesn't go out to deliberately harm the team or the fans. He is loyal to the club and gives his best.

We have a new manager and an exciting future. If Dave is part of that future then good for him. He and his family deserve it.
No this thread was started by his fan club members who get a virulent case of hives if we are not constantly talking about him.

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

I think some people forget that Dave is earning, I would guess, £10,000-£12,000 a week. That's a pretty sizeable whack of money for someone of his ability.

He will be a multi-millionaire. He has a private business 'little rascals' in Shrewsbury, and also a charitable offshoot from that. And he has a pretty fit missus!

Some of the 'poor dave' and 'dave bashing' stuff is a bit OTT. He's a far more successful bloke than 99.9 percent of us will ever be. He doesn't need wrapping in cotton wool.

Personally, I think he'll end up at Shrewsbury as a player manager or player coach to see out the end of his career. Whether that's this season or next. Or give him an ambassador role at Wolves.

Finally, he's often cited as 'a model pro' or 'an example', but looking ahead, how receptive will players be who clearly have much more ability than him? Or if he is sitting it out on the bench most of the time? What golden nuggets of wisdom will he really teach our squad? Or maybe the new players can teach him something?

What will be will be, I'm just looking forward to seeing the new players, tactics, addirional signings, the new pitch, screens etc etc. The Dave Edwards debate now deserves to RIP along with the disappointment of thr Lambert era or KJ's snoozefest final year, never to be spoken of again.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect the opinions of the seven Wolves managers and 4 Welsh managers who have selected him to play regularly more than any number of 'supporters' who bad mouth him on here or other (anti)social media.
With regards to Danny Batth, many on here seem to want to 'get rid' because they are just assuming the new arrivals are better without having seen any of them play. I hope they are but I would still expect a lot more respect shown to a loyal player who has performed to the best of his ability.
Wow at last a Saunders fan

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are building the squad with unknown and untried youngsters in our leagues from abroad so we have no knowledge of their capabilities. Will they be more reliable and better performers than the batths and edwards many think arent good enough? Its another lottery as was last season with the squad. As it was it was the tried and trusted kept our stability together last season with few of the imports making a mark.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are building the squad with unknown and untried youngsters in our leagues from abroad so we have no knowledge of their capabilities. Will they be more reliable and better performers than the batths and edwards many think arent good enough? Its another lottery as was last season with the squad. As it was it was the tried and trusted kept our stability together last season with few of the imports making a mark.
Unknown and untried? Only for some.
Champions league, Auxerre, Porto. Yep, you need to be playing within 100 miles of Walsall to count.
Ah, I get it!
Good sense of humour.

Last edited:

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
Wow at last a Saunders fan
Now, I'm not sure I said that. I just pointed out that 7 Wolves managers have selected Dave Edwards...........unfortunately, Saunders just happened to be one of the seven!
Perhaps I should have said I respect the opinions of 6 of the 7.......but even that I'm not sure about when I come to think about it!

R

reanswolf

Now, I'm not sure I said that. I just pointed out that 7 Wolves managers have selected Dave Edwards...........unfortunately, Saunders just happened to be one of the seven!
Perhaps I should have said I respect the opinions of 6 of the 7.......but even that I'm not sure about when I come to think about it!

The difference with last season is was he was being played whatever his form, the other 6 managers used him more sensibly and sparingly, and that makes sense.

Use him sensibly he is indeed a real asset, but use him all the time then he does arguably become an issue for the team, and abit of a millstone arround your neck.

His lack of ball play compromises our ability to dominate midfield, but away from home he is very useful when we are counter attacking.

Mind you, all of this has been done to death a million times, shame it was brought up again really, despite the good intent of the OP.

D

Deleted member 4257

No this thread was started by his fan club members who get a virulent case of hives if we are not constantly talking about him.
I cor be bothered to look but I'm sure you've started a few threads on him last season alone?

Dave Edwards is relevant at the moment after the Neves signing, I've never seen Neves play so can't say if he is better or worse than Edwards

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unknown and untried? Only for some.
Champions league, Auxerre, Porto. Yep, you need to be playing within 100 miles of Walsall to count.
Ah, I get it!
Good sense of humour.
BOD played in the world cup so did Dave. We had a left back who played for man u and couldnt get in a lower championship side. Cav, costa, texeira, saiss, prince as well as gladon, john seemed to disappear somewhere along the way. Nothing is certain in life or football so lets see what they are like before we nominate them for our Hall of Fame.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It used to **** me off but it's easy to zone out these days.

The haters will adore him momentarily after each of the crucial 10 goals he scores next season.

D

Deleted member 3604

I have no doubts that David will again make that net bulge at least ten times.
Believe in Dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll be made a kinda squad captain, without the guarantee to start, similar to Warburton for the Lions. And I think it'd be a great appointment!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we keep Sir Dave as an impact sub and a useful player away from home then I'll be happy. If we sell the lad I won't; if we start him against Boro I won't either.

R

reanswolf

I don't like any player being disrespected at Wolves, in some ways people are being totally rude.

But I have to say that those who support Dave Edwards vocally, are at least equally guilty of reigniting the issue here, so you have no grounds for complaint.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. We wouldn't need to defend Edwards the way we do was it not for him being unfairly slated in the first place.

There was no need to start a new thread just to get exactly the same comments as on the Edwards appreciation thread that was on the second page.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Both sides appear to be claiming the other is continuing this, yet neither seem prepared to stop themselves.
Big things are happening with the club. Let's focus on those and give Dave a rest until we see what part, if any, he has to play under the new regime.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Both sides appear to be claiming the other is continuing this, yet neither seem prepared to stop themselves.
Big things are happening with the club. Let's focus on those and give Dave a rest until we see what part, if any, he has to play under the new regime.
I agree so I think it time the thread was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom