Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dave Edwards Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll be honest I don't get it.

Some of the comments on here and on Twitter, including directly to Dave, are disgraceful.

I get that fans, including myself are excited by the ambition showed by the club and that Dave Edwards and others may not have the quality to be part of it.

I just don't understand how that transpires into the witless comments about Dave mowing lawns and washing cars. What are people hoping to achieve?

If you don't beleive in the team selection, fair enough, that's down to the manager and the rest of the people that make decisions on recruitment. Vent your frustrations. That's part of being a fan.

Laying into players who give 100% on the pitch and have done for a long time is not being a supporter. It's literally the opposite.

Reminds a bit of when Karl Henry and Joey Barton had a spat and people on here were siding with Joey Barton........Joey Barton!!!! Unbelievable Jeff.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we keep him as he has the potential to be an impact sub. He will also be good in the dressing room.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an impact sub and a positive influence in the dressing room, he will be a big asset to us this season. I really don't understand the mentality of people who post disrespectful comments to our own players over Twitter. Batth gets it too. Totally unnecessary really. Whilst we aren't exactly talking about Pirlo and Baresi here, they both give their all and have been good servants.

Show some respect you ****munchers!

R

reanswolf

Dave can still play an important part, mainly as important sub but especially away from home too. People who are bad-mouthing him and showing disrespect are totally out of order.
Probably the same types who are already singing "We are going up" etc.

Any player who gives his all - Dave, Danny Batth, The Doc, Coady etc have my utmost respect and whatever I think of their abilities, that respect is everything. I know the majority of our crowd do NOT reflect the numpties who make cheapshots.

Reaction score
We won't sell him I don't think. Valued member of the dressing room, will keep the young lads honest and working hard and also in certain games we're not going to be the best team and having his running and harrying abilities will be needed.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave can still play an important part, mainly as important sub but especially away from home too. People who are bad-mouthing him and showing disrespect are totally out of order.
Probably the same types who are already singing "We are going up" etc.

Any player who gives his all - Dave, Danny Batth, The Doc, Coady etc have my utmost respect and whatever I think of their abilities, that respect is everything. I know the majority of our crowd do NOT reflect the numpties who make cheapshots.

Probably the same types who will try and blame Edwards or Batth should Neves, Boly or Miranda have a bad game.

I have a mate who for years could not accept that Siggy was not the second coming of Zlatan. I don't know if it was the great hair or what, but he'd literally put the blame for everything onto 2/3 players he had an irrational hatred for, each and every time Siggy had a shocker. You may be surprised to learn this was fairly frequently?

Siggy mis-controls a simple pass? Edwards should have weighted it better! Siggy runs down a blind alley again and we give away possession cheaply? Edwards just hasn't got the ability or intelligence to read his dazzling runs, or preempt some piece of brilliance he was about to do.

He now does something like this now with Saiss btw. Thankfully his 'shockers' aren't quite so frequent.

Last edited:

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Players should be thick skinned. I can't imagine their free time will be on forums more like counting all their money

vini69

Reaction score
I'll be honest I don't get it.

Some of the comments on here and on Twitter, including directly to Dave, are disgraceful.

I get that fans, including myself are excited by the ambition showed by the club and that Dave Edwards and others may not have the quality to be part of it.

I just don't understand how that transpires into the witless comments about Dave mowing lawns and washing cars. What are people hoping to achieve?

If you don't beleive in the team selection, fair enough, that's down to the manager and the rest of the people that make decisions on recruitment. Vent your frustrations. That's part of being a fan.

Laying into players who give 100% on the pitch and have done for a long time is not being a supporter. It's literally the opposite.

Reminds a bit of when Karl Henry and Joey Barton had a spat and people on here were siding with Joey Barton........Joey Barton!!!! Unbelievable Jeff.

Fantastic post! 10 goals from midfield and wears his heart on sleeve. A Welsh international and model pro!

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
It's the old situation of being hard as nails behind a keyboard. I bet if all the abusers met him in real life they would be more than respectful even treat him with awe. Opinions and criticism come with the territory I'm afraid but getting personally abused isn't acceptable.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments, but i'm glad we seem to be moving on from just grafters. Its up to players like Edwards, Batth, Coady etc now to show they have a bit more in their locker than effort and passion.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I actually think Danny Batth gets worse treatment on here with far less people sticking up for him.

Whilst I wouldn't have either Batth or Edwards in our current strongest XI, they are both fantastic professionals and role models whom I like and respect immensely. They're also good, solid Championship players who have made the absolute most of the ability that they have.

One thing that really sticks out for me is how Dave stays out a little later than other players on the warm-up to practice additional half-volley passes on both feet to improve his technique. Can't help but respect that work ethic.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I for one am totally fed up with the constant abuse that he receives on this forum.
He has served this club well. He gives 100% to us, yet he gets dogs abuse.

I thing I always loved about being a Wolves fan was that the fans vocally supported the team, even though we maybe getting hammered, as long as the lads were doing their best.
Running their wee legs off, but coming out second to the opposition.
But that was what being a Wolves fan was about. Not turning on mass against an individual or the team as a whole.
Other clubs envied us for it. Some may even of not understood it, but that is one of the many things that made WOLVES!

I don't like this pack mentality of turning on a player.

I totally loved it when he retorted to a troll on twitter and squashed him like a fly.
But he shouldn't have to do it in the first place. He is WOLVES. He is one of us. So why turn on our own???

I know I may be opening the flood gates now for all and sundry to respond negatively towards this post. However, I would prefer them to have a cheap shot in my direction than at one of OUR players.
What's happening within this forum is not a constructive discussion on the fella. IT IS BULLYING!

I for one have had enough of it. Hang your heads in shame.
Some of those involved will attempt to legitimise their behaviour by say things like, 'he's a professional, look at the money he's on, I pay his wage so I can have a day' etc etc etc...
Well SHUT UP!!! He is ONE OF OUR OWN!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!
WE ARE ONE, WE ARE WOLVES!!

So let's nip this in the bud NOW!

I expect dogs abuse for what I've wrote. For the stand I've taken. But I would rather take the abuse than have it delivered at him.
So folks, BRING IT ON!!!

K

Kiddywolves

Isn't good enough for where we want to be!! But has been a great servant to this club, it's no coincidence he has lasted as long as he is- eveidentally liked by managers.

Personally I will be disappointed if he is sold this summer, he deserves his 10 years and his testimonial. He will also be of great value around the dressing room- we need some of the old guard to help the new players settle in

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Typically arrogant response you see on a thread like this. Money has nothing to do with it. Unnecessary and harsh criticism hurts no matter how much is in your bank.

Yeah maybe if they see it!!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think Danny Batth gets worse treatment on here with far less people sticking up for him.

Whilst I wouldn't have either Batth or Edwards in our current strongest XI, they are both fantastic professionals and role models whom I like and respect immensely. They're also good, solid Championship players who have made the absolute most of the ability that they have.

One thing that really sticks out for me is how Dave stays out a little later than other players on the warm-up to practice additional half-volley passes on both feet to improve his technique. Can't help but respect that work ethic.

Agree with that about Danny. He is every bit as good a club man and a professional as Dave, yet he doesnt get anywhere near the amount of people sticking up for him.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody can ever question his commitment or work rate he always gives his all on the pitch and he is a nice chap as well, I have no problem with Dave at all he's very good at pressuring teams and winning the ball back high up the pitch and arriving late in the box to score the odd vital goal.

I believe his technical ability as a central midfielder isn't what Nuno will be looking for so I could see us moving him on at his age he will want regular football to stay in the wales squad and it allows us to free up some space for Ronan to feature more but that's my opinion.

However to message him abuse and what not because people are of the opinion he's not good enough is disgraceful when he has given his all for 10 years to this club, he should be receiving nothing but praise for sticking with us through the double relegations for the high number of goals he has scored from midfield and first and foremost for giving his all every time he puts the shirt on.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
When Dave drifts in – having come on off the bench :D - to snatch the winner that sees us up these same numpties will be ecstatic singing his name.

Dave really should start practising his mower and hand mop celebration.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
You'll find that most people who dish it out and like to 'tell it as it is' are the ones who are most sensitive to any sort of criticism themselves. They can't take it. They'll talk about the right to offend when they get offended by the tiniest bit of counter criticism. The personal abuse and snide comments that players like Danny and Dave get from some of our own is disgraceful. Cowards behind keyboards with low self-esteem. It makes them feel better about themselves by bringing others down with personal abuse.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will reserve judgement on this thread until poole has weighed in. He's the authority on all things Dave Edwards.
As a striker I have never had a problem with him. As a midfielder it is getting even more difficult to see how he would contribute.

But totally fascinated about how we are going to play with a completely new approach from a new and international coaching set up. Like everything in life it can go tits up. I don't expect us to start off by ripping the league up there are many good teams who have also invested. The target as per every season is to be in contention by December.

As per Edwards, he is the least interesting aspect of what is happening. If is picked ahead of Neves however. Just watch me.

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

I actually wouldn't be that surprised if Dave moved on, maybe in january.

Can't see him fitting into the style of play, Nuno had been quite clear he wants to get out of this division playing good football and you've only got to look at the signings to see the kind of players he likes.

Can't see him playing the deep role due to his passing range / ability on the ball, and I think Cavaleiro, Ronan and even Marshall will be ahead of him in the attacking role.

I don't think anyone is denying his character, and clearly he has a good attitude. He's also been good at building a brand around that, he's a clever bloke and uses interviews and social media well, and why not.

This is a very different dressing room and backroom staff now. High Portuguese contingent and international experience. Will they be motivated in footballing matters by our previous captains Dave and Danny Batth? Is it time for some new leadership in the dressing room from the likes of Boly, Miranda and Neves (who has already been a captain)?

I think we should put our trust in Nuno on this one, whatever the outcome is. We're in the middle of a revolution and building a new, improved identity, and I can't see Dave being a big part of that, being realistic.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The personal abuse he gets is shocking to be honest, I said something similar on the DB thread.

Players should be thick skinned. I can't imagine their free time will be on forums more like counting all their money

This is the thing for me, players like Edwards aren't like that at all. He spends a lot of his spare time working for his charity - Little Rascals. He's a good guy who has served the club and the community very well over a decade and doesn't deserve any of the personal abuse he gets on social media.

Don't rate him? Fair enough, football is all about opinions. I just don't see what abusing players personally on social media achieves other than making yourself look like a ********,

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A man working 60 hours a week in a hot factory has every right to be envious of a multimillionaire living a life he can only dream of and the politics of envy are always spiteful.

If Dave was on £25k a year you wouldn't hear a peep.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a striker I have never had a problem with him. As a midfielder it is getting even more difficult to see how he would contribute.

But totally fascinated about how we are going to play with a completely new approach from a new and international coaching set up. Like everything in life it can go tits up. I don't expect us to start off by ripping the league up there are many good teams who have also invested. The target as per every season is to be in contention by December.

As per Edwards, he is the least interesting aspect of what is happening. If is picked ahead of Neves however. Just watch me.
OK. Now I can weigh in.
I'd let him go if someone offers us £17 million.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thread restraint, that's what's needed. I modelled this earlier by not making a new thread on Robbie. It's quite easy, really.
No issues at all with creating new threads. I've said before this is what forums are for.

Creating threads endlessly going over the same ground however...

Mol Mix in the few weeks before the season gets here can be a dark place.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So creating yet another thread on someone who so massively divides opinion is going to achieve what exactly? Further polarisation of already deeply entrenched views. Well done.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i agree. after the last two seasons i would take not being " out of contention by mid september"!

Mr E

Reaction score
All I'll say is thank **** for Dave Edwards. I can't be bothered to check my assumption but surely we'd have been in league one last year without his goals.

He's not called Dangerous for no reason and will surely play a big part in the coming season if ever we're lacking goals from midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom