Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dave Edwards Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
I respect the opinions of the seven Wolves managers and 4 Welsh managers who have selected him to play regularly more than any number of 'supporters' who bad mouth him on here or other (anti)social media.
With regards to Danny Batth, many on here seem to want to 'get rid' because they are just assuming the new arrivals are better without having seen any of them play. I hope they are but I would still expect a lot more respect shown to a loyal player who has performed to the best of his ability.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The people who bash Edwards are the sort of people who'd put a prince/ tex/ saiss into their starting xi's without even having seen them play.

Not so sure thats the case tbf. While i dont and never have bought into the " Dave is useless " argument, i can see why some get annoyed he is constantly picked. There was a fairly decent run of games last season where the bloke was anonymous and didn't warrant a place while others weren't given the same opportunities as Dave. Now thats not actually the fault of Eddo, so i dont know why they get at him for it either.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm well pleased to read the overwhelming number of posts on here supporting Edwards and Batth and promoting the need to respect honest professionals who give their all. The condemnation of the lightweights on Twitter and elsewhere is also heartwarming. While I also expect our Manager to want better all round skills I just wonder if Nuno might use them more than we can expect, assuming they stay of course

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so sure thats the case tbf. While i dont and never have bought into the " Dave is useless " argument, i can see why some get annoyed he is constantly picked. There was a fairly decent run of games last season where the bloke was anonymous and didn't warrant a place while others weren't given the same opportunities as Dave. Now thats not actually the fault of Eddo, so i dont know why they get at him for it either.

agreed, but he can bring a great balance to the team when we're playing well even as a starter. Shoulda be dropped latter on last season, but maybe we just didn't have the options.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
agreed, but he can bring a great balance to the team when we're playing well even as a starter. Shoulda be dropped latter on last season, but maybe we just didn't have the options.

I think he is a crucial squad member tbh. I think last season, we just wouldnt stray from our one style of play, probably why he kept getting picked.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, a thread on Dave Edwards before pre-season fixtures. This would constitute bullying in the workplace. Can't we just leave the bloke alone. He may have limitations as a player but he doesn't go out to deliberately harm the team or the fans. He is loyal to the club and gives his best.

We have a new manager and an exciting future. If Dave is part of that future then good for him. He and his family deserve it.

Last edited:

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've never said he's not a decent guy. Read correctly I said they wouldn't read forums and people's opinions. The counting money was more of an extreme point but the point being they wouldn't care.

People bloody offended for the sake of being offended

Cotswold wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not a brasher of anyone who wears the shirt. Dave Edwards for all his faults is a 100% player, model pro and loyal. I'd keep him for the bench as if you need someone to run their heart out and get on the end of something in the last few minutes he's still the man. If Nuno can coach a bit more out of him I see a back up/ supersub role for him.good for him and us.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments, but i'm glad we seem to be moving on from just grafters. Its up to players like Edwards, Batth, Coady etc now to show they have a bit more in their locker than effort and passion.
Excellent article in yesterday's Times on Frank de Boer (Palace's new manager) about his philosophy and career. The article says that he always thought a move or 2 ahead, and every pass had a message, if a pass is to the left then you know you can turn there. He'd never just give you the ball and expect you to take care of it. His pass would signal the next move. In a nutshell that is what we've lacked in our cmf for years (Kmac excepted?); the ability to get things moving. That's why I am so critical of Edwards and Price and all the rest tbh. If you analysed their passes they would be short, often square and straight to the bloke standing next to them -'over to you mate'. If Neves is all he's cracked up to be this is all about to change and hopefully his vision and skill can be inspirational to the likes of Ronan and MGW.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For my two pence on this subject... I for one love the bloke and completely respect his work ethic towards his profession.

Will find it very strange seeing him in another teams shirt one day.

My take on it is, as with all players, if they're replaced by better players I won't mind them being kept out of the side, irrespective of how nice a bloke they are.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personal abuse comes from people who are inadequate in their own lives. As a footballer he has played at a good level and for a number of managers in various positions. Has played for his country. Pretty good career and still more to come.
As usual it is getting out of hand and personal. You have to accept that in some people's opinion Edwards is not a very good player. That's all there is to it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personal abuse comes from people who are inadequate in their own lives. As a footballer he has played at a good level and for a number of managers in various positions. Has played for his country. Pretty good career and still more to come.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone personally abuse Edwards on here.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Mmmmm, let's think of something new to say about DE.
What's that I hear you say, everything that could possibly be said has been said on the Dave Edwards' thread 5 times or more already. Really?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, I'd be displeased if he still manages to start most games. We want to pass the ball well, he can't be in the middle of the park. But still has a role to play off the bench and with the sqaud due to his attitude and experience.

W

we8wba

Same people accusing us having vendetta against Edwards are the same on other hand slating batth

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worse we are the more Edwards features.

I think that right there is the reason, he is the poster boy for our failures, he is the personification of mediocre and as seen in previous seasons when we have succeeded he needs to be on the bench more than in the starting eleven.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect the opinions of the seven Wolves managers and 4 Welsh managers who have selected him to play regularly more than any number of 'supporters' who bad mouth him on here or other (anti)social media.
With regards to Danny Batth, many on here seem to want to 'get rid' because they are just assuming the new arrivals are better without having seen any of them play. I hope they are but I would still expect a lot more respect shown to a loyal player who has performed to the best of his ability.

First sentence here is a complete lie though isn't it?

In twelve years for Wales he has started perhaps 25% of games and in their most successful hour he didn't get a look in despite midfield injuries when the going got tough at the Euros.

As for wolves, all those managers also dropped him and the two most successful had him on the bench more than in the starting eleven during promotion campaigns.

M

MonkeySpanner

Some people just have to moan about something or someone...I don't get it either.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual it is getting out of hand and personal. You have to accept that in some people's opinion Edwards is not a very good player. That's all there is to it.
Whèn he has played for wolves i assume the manager of the time selected him because he decided he was the best player for the job. As you say, thats all there is to it.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whèn he has played for wolves i assume the manager of the time selected him because he decided he was the best player for the job. As you say, thats all there is to it.
When there is little or no competition it's not too difficult to get a game. We've moved on from him now. Maybe here this season to make up the 22 but I'll bet he's gone in the next 12 months.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When there is little or no competition it's not too difficult to get a game. We've moved on from him now. Maybe here this season to make up the 22 but I'll bet he's gone in the next 12 months.
He could only be the best option available at his club.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
First sentence here is a complete lie though isn't it?

In twelve years for Wales he has started perhaps 25% of games and in their most successful hour he didn't get a look in despite midfield injuries when the going got tough at the Euros.

As for wolves, all those managers also dropped him and the two most successful had him on the bench more than in the starting eleven during promotion campaigns.
I suggest you check a few facts before accusing me of lying.
Edwards played in 42 of 46 games during our championship winning season and 31 of 46 during the division 1 winning season during which he missed a 2/3 months with a foot injury. He managed a meagre 9 goals during that season.
He appeared in 3 of Wales' 6 games during the Euros..

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suggest you check a few facts before accusing me of lying.
Edwards played in 42 of 46 games during our championship winning season and 31 of 46 during the division 1 winning season during which he missed a 2/3 months with a foot injury. He managed a meagre 9 goals during that season.
He appeared in 3 of Wales' 6 games during the Euros..

Edwards was available for 35 games during the league one campaign starting 22, we picked up far more points when he wasn't in the side than when he was.

He was available for 45 games starting 23 in our championship campaign and again we picked up far more points when he wasn't involved than when he was.

As for the euros he played 108 minutes and not a single one during the knockout stages despite the suspension and injury in midfield.

Regarding Wales, 105 games since his debut of which he has made the squad 52 times starting 27.

So again, the personification of mediocre, he is a lower end championship player who features more the poorer we are, full stop.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest I don't get it.

Some of the comments on here and on Twitter, including directly to Dave, are disgraceful.

I get that fans, including myself are excited by the ambition showed by the club and that Dave Edwards and others may not have the quality to be part of it.

I just don't understand how that transpires into the witless comments about Dave mowing lawns and washing cars. What are people hoping to achieve?

If you don't beleive in the team selection, fair enough, that's down to the manager and the rest of the people that make decisions on recruitment. Vent your frustrations. That's part of being a fan.

Laying into players who give 100% on the pitch and have done for a long time is not being a supporter. It's literally the opposite.

Reminds a bit of when Karl Henry and Joey Barton had a spat and people on here were siding with Joey Barton........Joey Barton!!!! Unbelievable Jeff.

I've sat next to a few of these people at the Mol. There's a few of our 'fans' that make me wonder sometime.

D

Deleted member 3518

Not a great fan of Edwards as a footballer, although a great fan of him as a human being, but why oh why, when we've had the terrible news about Carl followed by 2 great signings, which should unite us all, the need for yet another divisive thread about Dave?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Not a great fan of Edwards as a footballer, although a great fan of him as a human being, but why oh why, when we've had the terrible news about Carl followed by 2 great signings, which should unite us all, the need for yet another divisive thread about Dave?

Exactly. Someone with sense close this thread.

D

Deleted member 4594

Edwards was available for 35 games during the league one campaign starting 22, we picked up far more points when he wasn't in the side than when he was.

He was available for 45 games starting 23 in our championship campaign and again we picked up far more points when he wasn't involved than when he was.

As for the euros he played 108 minutes and not a single one during the knockout stages despite the suspension and injury in midfield.

Regarding Wales, 105 games since his debut of which he has made the squad 52 times starting 27.

So again, the personification of mediocre, he is a lower end championship player who features more the poorer we are, full stop.
Did a great job in Serbia a few weeks ago.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fully expect Dave Edwards will see plenty of game time and get the odd very important goal. I don't see he will be a shoe in starter like he was though. More of an impact sub perhaps when chasing a game he can pop up anywhere and must be difficult to mark. 10 goals last season testifies to that. He is an important squad player. We still need water carriers sprinkled amongst the superstars.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave Edwards will play a pivotal part in this promotion season. You heard it from me. haha

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great comments mate, with you all the way on that.

welwynwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I stopped visiting this site for quite a while because of the abuse Dave received. I really couldn't understand how supporters can ridicule such a good bloke. There are no doubt better footballers, but you will find very few with a bigger heart and a love of our club.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hasn't worked out too well for all those that keep selecting him:D

Reactions: Ian

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I stopped visiting this site for quite a while because of the abuse Dave received. I really couldn't understand how supporters can ridicule such a good bloke. There are no doubt better footballers, but you will find very few with a bigger heart and a love of our club.
And this reinforces the purpose of this thread......many of us are sick of the childish abuse dished out to honest players......nothing to do with relative merits on this occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom