Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are missing the point. The real possibility of even more cash holds a higher value.

It all hinges on what is on offer from clubs with how we see it, as potential sellers we aren't really desperate to cash in whatever.
No it doesn't because it holds a high risk that he will flop, let's not kid ourselves, he's been dog**** for an age.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him if it’s true that he’s leaving, He was great pre-injury but he won’t ever be that player again and we need to improve on our squads attacking options so it’s best for both of us that he gets a move to a good championship side. I except Cav will leave as well this summer.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

He was my favourite player for so long but I really can’t stand a lack of effort or heart.

The best thing about Neves and Jota is that you think as though they really get it and want to be here.

I don’t get that with Costa and whilst I’ll remember him fondly on the whole the last six months or so have been disgraceful from an effort/application perspective and that should NEVER be the case.

So good luck to him but it’s the right call, new signings or not.

He could either tear it up and be the best player in the Championship or wilt. Risk worth taking for Leeds but we need to get rid.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Rumours are that Villa are interested too.If he went there would he receive a decent ovation upon his return or would he be just part of the current anti Villa animosity that currently pervades ?

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Rumours are that Villa are interested too.If he went there would he receive a decent ovation upon his return or would he be just part of the current anti Villa animosity that currently pervades ?
Very good ovation from me, as should the majority who leave.
Just can't understand how wrong it has gone for Helder I was really looking forward to him have an impact in the Premier league.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As long as Villa pay massively the odds for him and he produces the kind of performances for them as he has for us over the last 6 months I'll be delighted and give him a lovely round of applause.

If he does what Robbie Keane did when he was at Villa against us I'll be less pleased.

W

we8wba

I wouldn’t boo him if went villa

Hardly a main rival and long he leaves the right way and we get decent deal then all happy

Times move on

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t boo him but won’t applaud him either. His body language has been nothing short of shocking this season.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my sources within Leeds Utd are they are planning to move in for Costa (on Loan) when 1 player is moved out for a transfer and another out on loan to free up funds.

ADBS65

Reaction score
A 1 year loan to regain his mojo then see if he is or could be part of our plans moving forward. No improvement then at least we gave him a chance as only a young lad in footballing terms

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I wouldn’t boo him if went villa

Hardly a main rival and long he leaves the right way and we get decent deal then all happy

Times move on
Who is our main rival then ? Locality wise they are.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree he was very disappointing last season but his performances away at Arsenal and Spurs show he can do it . I know that we must be aiming for higher than his inconsistency but can’t help remembering he was the catalyst -first major signing. He is still young would love him to bounce back and prove his doubters wrong.Awaiting the no room for sentiment comments .....I trust Nuno whatever he decides

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like him to be played in our Europa ties to see if he can get back to his best. He can be devastating on his day, it would have been difficult last season for him as we stopped using wingers which is his natural game and like traore found he got bit parts as a result of that change of formation, the bottom line is he is still a quality asset.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like him to be played in our Europa ties to see if he can get back to his best. He can be devastating on his day, it would have been difficult last season for him as we stopped using wingers which is his natural game and like traore found he got bit parts as a result of that change of formation, the bottom line is he is still a quality asset.

I loved Costa but in fairness he had enough game time playing in his favoured position last season before we switched to 2 up top. As far as I can remember he had two decent games, Arsenal and United away. He had more chance to prove himself last season than either Cav or Traore. In all honesty, the season we came up after returning from injury he never looked like the same player than the one we saw to devastating effect before his injury. He use to single handedly run teams ragged which I can never remember him doing since returning from injury, his confidence looks shot to pieces. I would love him to come back and take the league by storm but he'd need a huge upturn in form.

I don't feel we have the squad depth to be able to loan him out, so we either give him until Jan or look to offload now.

S

ShropshireLad

As for the goal v Spurs, their defender just got his foot to the ball which diverted it into the bottom corner so he was a bit lucky with that one. Just sayin'.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved Costa but in fairness he had enough game time playing in his favoured position last season before we switched to 2 up top. As far as I can remember he had two decent games, Arsenal and United away. He had more chance to prove himself last season than either Cav or Traore. In all honesty, the season we came up after returning from injury he never looked like the same player than the one we saw to devastating effect before his injury. He use to single handedly run teams ragged which I can never remember him doing since returning from injury, his confidence looks shot to pieces. I would love him to come back and take the league by storm but he'd need a huge upturn in form.

I don't feel we have the squad depth to be able to loan him out, so we either give him until Jan or look to offload now.

Jota didn't look himself until he and Jimenez became the two up top and were superb for the rest of the season. I agree if he can't get back to form by January, assuming his game time has been enough, we may as well cash in.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Brom, as they have been for the last how many decades and centuries

You do realise rivalries can rise and fall dont you? If the baggies were to get relegated and spent the next 10 years in League One, yet Villa stay in the prem we will certainly at that point view them as a bigger rival. Some already feel they are a big rival anyway, no matter how much you deny it:)

W

we8wba

You do realise rivalries can rise and fall dont you? If the baggies were to get relegated and spent the next 10 years in League One, yet Villa stay in the prem we will certainly at that point view them as a bigger rival. Some already feel they are a big rival anyway, no matter how much you deny it:)

Villa bigger rival than Albion - behave

Some rivalries you don’t need recent history to hate them it’s historical in our bloods

Villa is a fabricated rivalry

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa bigger rival than Albion - behave

Some rivalries you don’t need recent history to hate them it’s historical in our bloods

Villa is a fabricated rivalry

I wont deny they are bigger now, but as I said if weve not played them in the league for 10 years there will be a whole generation of fans unfamiliar with the rivalry.

The Villa rivalry in your opinion is fabricated, but to others it's not, and it will only get fiercer the longer we are both the same league.

Nothing lasts forever either. What if the Baggies go out of business, do we then not have any local rivals?

W

we8wba

I wont deny they are bigger now, but as I said if weve not played them in the league for 10 years there will be a whole generation of fans unfamiliar with the rivalry.

The Villa rivalry in your opinion is fabricated, but to others it's not, and it will only get fiercer the longer we are both the same league.

Nothing lasts forever either. What if the Baggies go out of business, do we then not have any local rivals?

But it takes two to tango, villa on whole don’t see us as rivals at present in hatred way

By saying playing them makes us rivals, does that mean in L1 Walsall was our main rivals? Not sure people would agree

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As for the goal v Spurs, their defender just got his foot to the ball which diverted it into the bottom corner so he was a bit lucky with that one. Just sayin'.
He definitely wasn't. Defender didn't touch it.

D

Deleted member 4152

But it takes two to tango, villa on whole don’t see us as rivals at present in hatred way

By saying playing them makes us rivals, does that mean in L1 Walsall was our main rivals? Not sure people would agree
Villa don’t see us as rivals? Jesus mate give Jack his pipe back

I despair with you I really do. That’s all they talk about, finishing above us. Big club this big club that. Attendances.

And you saying we rank to them, as walsall do to us?

FFS

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not yet, but my point is, the longer we stay the main local rivals to each other in the same league, the more they, and us will see each other as primary rivals.

Also we were only in league one for a season, so had no chance to develop the rivalry with Walsall. Having said that I'm pretty sure Lynsey still hates us:D

D

Deleted member 4152

Where to start.

Play him in our Europa ties? Why? Do we not wanna get as far as we can?

Last day he was devastating was?

We stopped using wingers, so do you think Nuno is gonna start using them again then? Why would he do that?

He really isn’t a quality asset in this league

I will send him on his way with a sad heart and genuine gratitude, will never boo him no matter who he plays for, he was part of a great team and a great time.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely wasn't. Defender didn't touch it.
I'm afraid he did. I didn't want to raise it as it seems another thing against the lad - but Shroppy saw it too, its there to be seen.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember at the time how his first touch was heavy and the ball took an unnatural spin beyond the keeper. Just looked again and that's exactly what happened.

Back
Top Bottom