Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa

K

Knocker Lite

If we get £15m for Costa based on his form over the last 18 months or so, then I'll show my **** in Harrods.
It wouldn't be based on his form over the last 18 months, more about his potential ceiling having shown himself to be one of the best Championship level players ever.

D

Deleted member 4594

I wouldn't write Helder off just yet,we all know he's far better than he has been showing .
He's having a break from it all so hopefully he can reset and go again.
If anyone can bring out the Helder we knew Nuno is that man.
Everyone said that 12 months ago.

We don’t use wingers anymore.

Time to move on for everyone’s sakes.

D

Deleted member 5276

I was prepared to give Costa the benefit of the doubt after watching him play well at Old Trafford. However, his antics at the end of season do showed me he needs an attitude adjustment.

I'm surprised no-one else mentioned it but he was extremely unprofessional. He arrived with other players in a minivan. All the others were dressed properly except for Costa who then proceeded to change in the car park into his suit. I don't know whether he realised it or not but he changed right by the glass windows with a fair few hundred fans watching him do so. He then proceeded to the red carpet looking disheveled and walked down it with his teammates showing him up for his unprofessional behavior.

Given the last half of the season where he didn't really get much of a kick, I would have expected better from him.

If he stays with us, he has to dramatically improve. We don't have time to wait on players now if we are to take the next step. Either the players get with the game plan or they go and play somewhere else.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t play with wingers & the squad is overloaded with them. He can find as much form & confidence as he wants that’s not going to make him a forward or a creative CM.
But can he be converted to the “No.10” or CAM role we need to provide cover/ competition? Cav, too?

M

Mr Wolf

But can he be converted to the “No.10” or CAM role we need to provide cover/ competition? Cav, too?
I don’t think so, we do need someone play ahead of Neves, Mouthino in the hole behind Jota & Jiminez when we need to create against teams sat back but I can’t see Costa doing that role.

Come to think of it probably better off throwing another forward on & leaving Jota to float between the lines creating with his driving runs.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need real money for Costa not a loan deal as Leeds are reported to want. At minimum get our £13m back. Use that to pay for Camacho.

He is a very good player and certainly devastating at Championship level. Got his cap for Portugal only last season and scored on his debut. Time we talked him up not down as sometimes clubs monitor other clubs fan sites. And in any case despite the lull in his fortunes and form I still rate him highly.

W

we8wba

Leeds chairman liked a tweet regarding costa the other day so I’d say their interest is genuine

Done us good but if we’re to continually take steps forward the likes of costa and cav will be heading out door over next 14months as we progress wether you have soft spot for them or not

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa is a great player. I think everyone knows that. But he just doesn’t fit anymore. Same with Traore. If we could get 25 mil for the pair we should let them move on. They both deserve first team football.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I know loads of Leeds fans and been to loads of away games with them including pre-seasons in Dublin and Celtic. They are all convinced Costa is going on loan. But they said Cav was signing last year.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think so, we do need someone play ahead of Neves, Mouthino in the hole behind Jota & Jiminez when we need to create against teams sat back but I can’t see Costa doing that role.

Come to think of it probably better off throwing another forward on & leaving Jota to float between the lines creating with his driving runs.
Jota is probably our player best suited to that role maybe??

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i wonder what costa wants to do or even if he has any say in this .

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i wonder what costa wants to do or even if he has any say in this .
We don’t actually know that we are going to loan him out, just because Leeds want him doesn’t mean they are going to get him.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot imagine that Nuno would let Costa go without having a replacement lined up. Anyway I maintain my belief that Costa is a very good player. Yes I know he is player who needs to feel wanted and he can easily lose confidence and belief, but he is very talented.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not sure if real or not but here ya go .
Screenshot-2019-06-18-Facebook-1.png

S

Seker aga

To replace him with whom? Because 10 million on that cameracho would be a very risky decision considering he is a winger a position we don't use and has 2 appearances to his name . We need squad players for Europe and we need a bigger squad. if we are going to sell 3 or 4 first teamers we need to be looking at 7-8 quality editions

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A year in the Champ is exactly what Helder needs. He could return the player he was.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
A year in the Champ is exactly what Helder needs. He could return the player he was.

+1.

A bit annoying him likely going to dirty Leeds but probably the best move for him. The pressure, pace and physicality of the Chump is ideal to rid him of that sluggish state he has got himself into.

There's definitely a real decent player in there even if his natural function doesn't quite suit our needs with how we are. It's only October gone when he played real well for Portugal on his full debut, scoring a goal.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Won’t be many, if any better signings in The Championship this year. Costa and Pablo Hernandez is an incredibly good combination at that level.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i have to give the alternate view. i also have to state i was not there but i am not surprised. watch any interview or celebration and this is Helda, the Helda we want back. cut the guy some slack; some people are wired differently, i think Helda and Adama are like that. Not leaders but mavericks and it is what makes them tick. JMO

D

Deleted member 5242

Looks like a go'er then.

Best option for him IMO. Try and find that form he first won us all over with, then take it from there.

It also shows how long some deals can take, over 10 ago when he was first linked to Leeds.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don't mind them both leaving depending who is coming in. We look a lot weaker with either of them on the pitch
All depends who comes in. Would be putting a LOT of faith in Traore if they both left. Did he do enough to justify that level of faith, I dunno.

W

we8wba

All depends who comes in. Would be putting a LOT of faith in Traore if they both left. Did he do enough to justify that level of faith, I dunno.

Wouldn’t be expecting him to start

Neither fit current formation, if go back wingers the club will upgrade to more consistent players

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't in my opinion
I don't see why not. Last season they played some decent stuff, not too dissimilar to our title winning season. He likes to run at defenders and have a free flowing game, he's probably going to get that there and that will perk him up.
The trouble with him now is by the time he's faced with beating a defender, his confidence is so low that by the time he's wondered if he can beat the guy, he's either lost the ball or he's at least under pressure. The reaction times in the Championship aren't as quick as the Premier League, it could well do him good.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him now prob getting 8m?

If loan him prob get 1m loan and if does good job either player we can use or 15m player to sell

I see the logic and usually I hate us loaning players out who aren’t products
Or he could flop massively, a certainty of cash is more valued in my opinion.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Or he could flop massively, a certainty of cash is more valued in my opinion.

You are missing the point. The real possibility of even more cash holds a higher value.

It all hinges on what is on offer from clubs with how we see it, as potential sellers we aren't really desperate to cash in whatever.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the threads on all the potential games before Xmas, and the u23s in the Checkatrade, I'm thinking we may well need Cav and Costa, unless of course their sales generates income for better replacements. They'll be used predominantly for EL and Cup games where their experience will be invaluable. I'm starting to think that it may be best to hang on to them.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to the guy if he goes.

If I'm honest I've always felt we overpaid a little for him. There are countless wingers that have looked like world beaters in the championship and not made the step up against that better level of defender. I believe he is just another one of them.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Last season they played some decent stuff, not too dissimilar to our title winning season. He likes to run at defenders and have a free flowing game, he's probably going to get that there and that will perk him up.
The trouble with him now is by the time he's faced with beating a defender, his confidence is so low that by the time he's wondered if he can beat the guy, he's either lost the ball or he's at least under pressure. The reaction times in the Championship aren't as quick as the Premier League, it could well do him good.
He's shot from the injury, he's lost a bit of speed and just isn't the same player sadly

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine letting him go as long as replacements are on the way.

Back
Top Bottom