Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know If anyone will agree but the Leeds owner was moaning about Wolves links with Mendes now he has taken Costa and is now thanking Mendes and saying how he wants to do more business with him I find that very hypocritical.All the fuss about how Wolves being underhanded makes me feel that we should have told him to do one when he came in for Douglas and Costa
I’m sure Jorge had a part in that. There’s no point in having enemies in his business.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Don’t know If anyone will agree but the Leeds owner was moaning about Wolves links with Mendes now he has taken Costa and is now thanking Mendes and saying how he wants to do more business with him I find that very hypocritical.All the fuss about how Wolves being underhanded makes me feel that we should have told him to do one when he came in for Douglas and Costa

Knows his place. #chastened

Will now tow the line and work with reality.

We will use Leeds, Villa and any other club questioning or thinking they are somehow bigger and better as we please to our advantage. :)..

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think his ability is a problem. Technically, I'd say he was superior to Jarvis, for example, who obviously did very well for us

Only guessing but I think the problem is in his head. Perhaps he'd benefit from a good sports psychologist
Personally, I wouldn't say he was that much technically better than say Jarvis. And right now, as a club we need better quality players than Jarvis at his best.

R

RuncornWolf

I have a feeling that the "obligation to buy" could be a mistake especially if he rediscovers his pre-injury form. Every now and then you could see it but his confidence just wasnt there, if he gets it back he is unplayable. I hope we can unearth the next 2016/17 Costa, he is exactly what we needed against the teams that sat back last season.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the "obligation to buy" could be a mistake especially if he rediscovers his pre-injury form. Every now and then you could see it but his confidence just wasnt there, if he gets it back he is unplayable. I hope we can unearth the next 2016/17 Costa, he is exactly what we needed against the teams that sat back last season.

Agreed. I know he lost his way last season, but his ability cannot be doubted. I wish him all the best for the future, but given our wafer thin squad I would have kept him.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to re-grow a spine. We'll see.
Whatever happens, we won't have lost out. We'll have got our money's worth and he'll get a chance to try again.

S

Snarlingwolf

In hindsight (and being a conspiracy theorist), I wonder if Barry had a word in his shell-like around about Christmas time, or earlier, re him(Costa) joining Leeds if he wasn’t going to get much game time at Wolves?:confused:

That would probably account for Helder’s poor body language and application on the few occasions he did get on the pitch? :rolleyes:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck to him

Even if he rediscovers his form can’t see him fitting into our current system, plus we will be one season further on and hopefully we will have pushed on to an even higher level.

Good move for everyone

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it's all been said before but I'm both sad and happy to see Helder move on.

On his day he was a wonderful talent and in that Zenga/Lambert side that struggled so much he was a dazzling ray of light surrounded by beige footballers.

The injury obviously caused him issues, he's never been the same since. I'm also not sure he ever really fitted in with Nuno's style or philosophy despite on paper looking like a really good fit, certainly in the promotion year.

The past two years have been hit and miss, mostly miss. His performances when given a chance were hardly those of somebody busting a gut to make sure he was undroppable.

Those sparkling feet had gone and been replaced by some belonging to a lesser player.

I'll never forget that goal against Stoke in the cup and having sit on my hands in the home end surrounded by gurning Potters frothing at the mouth. To them he was the worst thing to happen to Stoke since most of kilns shut down.

Nor will I forget the little Portuguese wizard racing cheetah-like across Anfield or slaloming through Cardiff's defence at Molineux before throwing the most outrageous dummy and rolling the ball into an empty net.

Despite the memories and the obvious talent it's probably best he goes, for him and us. We've moved onwards and upwards and Helder seems to have stood still and watched us go.

Best of luck Helder, smash a couple past that Albion lot.

Jeff, Laurie, Nuno-God any chance of signing some players? Ta very much.

Great post Woody. Sums up my feelings...

And just to add, to get 15m for him after that injury and the last 2 years is great business. Who knows if the kid who scored v QPR will ever reappear...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime he came on last season I was hoping and praying he would smash it. Each game he played in I would in my mind be saying ‘oh he’s still recovering from injury’ or ‘he’s not in right position’ but each time he played he let us down with either wrong decisions or lack of effort. I for one am said to see him go as we all know there is a very good player in him and Leeds may well reap the seed that we have sown. At the same time an overall fee of 15 million is very good business for us considering the season he has just had. Wishing you the best Helder.
Who said we are getting 15 mill for him?

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Forget it mate. He had 2 seasons to show. And even if he does, we’ll be 1 year further into the plan and we’ll have progressed from shopping at Waitrose to Harrods by then anyway.

Don’t dwell - trust me. If you have a 2 and a 3 in poker, and you fold - then a 3 and two x 2’s come out next, you still did the right thing folding cos you played the odds. That’s all Wolves have done. To get 15m is incredible business. Look fwd mate ;)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
£2m loan fee plus £15m transfer fee. Decent business.

Benny78

Reaction score
It may well be great business but I have nothing but gratitude and thanks to Helder for his time with us. Exciting, dynamic and talented, he came when our attacking prowess was non existent and dull to watch. Thanks for everything Helder and I hope you carve out the career we can all see is possible .

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for everything Helder, without you carrying the team in 16-17 we may have been relegated to League One again - I hope you get back to your best with the change of club, best of luck.

D

Deleted member 3751

All the best Helder, thanks for everything and hope you rediscover your form, just not against us

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, QPR, Forest, Villa and for being sunshine on a rainy day ! best of luck in your career.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best to you Helder. Good memories will be held if you. Thank you for single handily keeping us up in season 16/17.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We owe him big for his debut season but he was dire last year and meh the year before. It is a good signing for Leeds on loan but a guaranteed £15 million signing next year is a risk. It is great business for us, wages off books year early and guaranteed income next year.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having seen more details of this deal now,it becomes far clearer why we let him go
£2 million for the loan, plus they pay all his wages £20k/wk
Then £13 million obligation to buy
Whoever negotiated that one deserves a rise Fosun,Leeds you've been done up like a kipper
I do hope he comes good there though,we all know hes a special talent if he can get his confidence/drive back

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe they'd still pay 15m if they don't go up.
Seeing how good he was last season bar 2 games?...I'd say he's no more than a 5m player in the current market. You have to look at what he's done over the last season & half, our club and Nuno must've tried everything to get him right but to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom