Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa

D

Deleted member 3751

Think there will be a few Champ clubs who fancy him. Might help him get his mojo back because I can't see him getting it back if he stays here

D

Deleted member 5242

I think that would be a good move for him. I really hope he can turn it around for all my criticism of him.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine we'd be looking for a decent loan fee. If he does well it could reignite him, or we could make a few bob. He's not likely to feature here unless Helder Costa 2016-17 suddenly shows back up in pre season.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have thought one of the promoted clubs would have tried a cheeky loan bid.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not be a bad outcome, see if he can find some form with regular game time; he might be an option in the Europa though.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan would be great for him to be honest, especially to a team managed by Bielsa who play in a similar way we did in the Championship.

There's a top player in Helder, he just looked lost for most of last season. He looked completely bereft of confidence which I'd put down to lack of game time. In a couple of years he's gone from talisman to bit part player.

If he performs well at Leeds then it's win win. Leeds or someone else end up paying mega bucks for him or we got a confident on form Helder Costa back.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa is a very good player but doesn't fit in our system now so we won't see the best of him.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was absolutely superb under Lambert but I don't think Nuno's more controlled style really suited him and he just looked lost and short of confidence last season. I hope he gets himself going again.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to get quality minutes in his natural position and he's never going to get it here unless we revert to 343 and you just can't see that happening. His poor start to the season was a shame and he can't play in a front two so we will just continue to damage his confidence playing him there

A loan feels good and get him flying again and then maybe a Costa full of beans can come back a be effective in a front 2, Nuno must believe he is capable of doing it as he's given him chances there, or maybe even long term we may play that formation again

Sounds like this, or a similar move is best for all parties right now

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If nobody is willing to stump up around 15mil for him then loaning him out to the champ might be a good option for us. Also with him, Cav and Traore all here 1 or 2 of them is going to have to make way for us to progress

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Ridiculous if we give him to Leeds because no way they are paying £10-15m up front. It will be conditioned on winning promotion, which if they don't do means we are back to square one.

He's clearly not good enough, or should I say not determined enough, to help us get where we want to be and the change in formation means he won't be needed moving forward.

Should hold out for £15m and a permanent transfer.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Would be a good move for all parties. We get a loan fee to offset some of the £15m transfer fee paid and wages off the wage bill for a season. If his loan spell is successful then it should be possible to sell to recover the remaining transfer fee or loan again.

dennison11

Reaction score
Ridiculous if we give him to Leeds because no way they are paying £10-15m up front. It will be conditioned on winning promotion, which if they don't do means we are back to square one.

He's clearly not good enough, or should I say not determined enough, to help us get where we want to be and the change in formation means he won't be needed moving forward.

Should hold out for £15m and a permanent transfer.
The only problem with that is that at the moment he's not a £15m pound player. Hasn't played well for 2 years. A player is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldnt get rid of him untill we have a replacement that helps the 352 formation. If were reverting back to 343 at all id keep him. Worse case 6 month loan with a decent loan fee.

D

The only problem with that is that at the moment he's not a £15m pound player. Hasn't played well for 2 years. A player is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay

Well £15m was just what I rated him at, but as you say slightly ambitious given his form.

The point was loaning him to Leeds who will only pay if they win promotion is stupid. We should be selling him now, whether that's £5m, £10m or £15m.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on Costa's performances over the last 18 months I don't know if he'd fit into how Leeds play. He's certainly got the skill and pace, but Bielsa's team are a lot about chasing teams down and pressing the opposition. I can't see Costa doing that, at least not every game. If he goes I hope he does well, but I reckon he would end up on the bench more than starting. I'll probably be wrong. I usually am.

dennison11

Reaction score
Well £15m was just what I rated him at, but as you say slightly ambitious given his form.

The point was loaning him to Leeds who will only pay if they win promotion is stupid. We should be selling him now, whether that's £5m, £10m or £15m.
I agree with you in part but again say that a player is only worth what the buying club are willing to pay. If Leeds are looking at his last 2 seasons they'll be thinking they don't want to risk the cash. If they're thinking they can get him to the form he was in 3 years ago then they'll stump up. All subjective really

D

I agree with you in part but again say that a player is only worth what the buying club are willing to pay. If Leeds are looking at his last 2 seasons they'll be thinking they don't want to risk the cash. If they're thinking they can get him to the form he was in 3 years ago then they'll stump up. All subjective really

Yeah that's fine, don't sell him to Leeds then. Someone will be willing to pay for him.

The deal proposed is effectively us doing Leeds a huge favour.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he gets back to some sort of form, that's a great signing for Leeds. I hope he does.

D

Deleted member 5242

Yeah that's fine, don't sell him to Leeds then. Someone will be willing to pay for him.

We can't really know that without knowing the loan fee.

They pay us a 2-4 million loan fee and give him game time then I'd say they're doing us a favour. His value continues to depreciate whilst he under performs for us.

W

we8wba

I hate loaning but aim is costa goes there and performs then we’re gettjng 15m if Leeds go up or not

They take his wages for year say 2m and prob 1m fee for loan

K

Knocker Lite

I would have thought Villa would have been in with a 4 or 5 million loan fee for the season. They paid Chelsea 5 million for Tammy Abraham and he aint in Helder's class.

D

We can't really know that without knowing the loan fee.

They pay us a 2-4 million loan fee and give him game time then I'd say they're doing us a favour. His value continues to depreciate whilst he under performs for us.

All the noise from Leeds is that they've got no money, unless that Qatar thing comes off, so I don't think they'd pay that for one season.

D

Deleted member 5635

Weren't they linked with buying Cav??? I wonder what the odds are on them both going to Leeds as a pair one loan, one purchase???

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this would be ideal; rather than the Champs. I think Norwich would be good for him. Would he not want to go back to Portugal/Spain.

dennison11

Reaction score

Who is the someone as I don't recall seeing anyone else in for him. Better a loan fee and some game time for the lad rather than his value decreasing further while doing nothing for us

Reaction score
I think he (and Cavalerio) would have a role to play in the early Europa rounds where we could go back to the Championship set up and play 3 up top. Maybe not going to break back into the first team easily with Jota/Raul/if we bring in another central attacker, but will have his uses in the squad. We’d not get the 13mill back at the moment so he’s more use staying put.

M

manky codpiece

I wouldn't write Helder off just yet,we all know he's far better than he has been showing .
He's having a break from it all so hopefully he can reset and go again.
If anyone can bring out the Helder we knew Nuno is that man.

R

Ragnar

A loan doesn't really work for us. We don't desperately need to get his wages off our books and if the loan works out well, we learn nothing as we already know he can do it in the Championship - if the loan doesn't go well his value decreases. We have seen us loan players on the fringe like this out loads of times and it's rarely worked out positively for us. Hold onto him until we can get a fee - at least if we dont get the money we value him at - he can play in relief of a first team player in cup games or 2nd leg of Europa games if we have a decent lead in the first leg of any of the qualifying games.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't write Helder off just yet,we all know he's far better than he has been showing .
He's having a break from it all so hopefully he can reset and go again.
If anyone can bring out the Helder we knew Nuno is that man.
I dunno about that....Nuno is already very busy trying to turn Traore into an effective player.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd definitely keep him now that we hopefully have a run of European games...now is not really the time to be trimming the players on the periphery of the team.
really is time for Costa, Cavaleiro and Troare to shine. Even one or two of the loan players that have come back? Can't remember who has been jettisoned already.

Back
Top Bottom