Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still baffled by the negativity some are posting about Coady.

He himself did nothing wrong, I can’t see any evidence he refused to be a squad member, just that he’d rather be a starter somewhere and that the club didn’t stand in his way.

His wife might have posted something derogatory, but that’s hardly the first time in football that’s happened.

He was a consummate professional for Wolves, who despite some limitations in his game went on to find himself a role at the club that for a good 2-3 seasons he played very well. He even wore the England captains armband!

Captained us through the best Wolves years of my lifetime, and we’ve noticeably missed his leadership in the squad in the season that’s just finished.

If he goes I wish him the very best!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nicely balanced.
Thanks mate, I wanted to get the point across that people have missed in my posts (in fairness my fault) that while I wasn’t happy with everything last season, I do have a mountaint of respect for everything he did for the club and he was great at what he offered in that system.

But he just needed a clean break and now he has it, I think it is best for all parties.

I look forward to seeing him get promoted next summer and come back to molineux to get the great ovation and cheer (in the warm up lol) that he should have gotten in a last game that we gave Ruben.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks to conor for the time here and his achievements, easily one of our best ever captains for the impact he had on our club and legacy. Was so happy for him that he got his much deserved Caps and screamed of a goal and I cannot forgive southgate for not even giving him token minutes in the game at molineux where they stank the ground out and looked worse than we had in a change kit for the night!!! The coady celebrations for goals and the way he did were iconic as part of the good years of the project, pictures of him leaping on the back of goal scorers in key moments will be in the museum and hearts for generations. He was the heartbeat of nunos project on the field, no one can deny that. The biggest shame out of all of this, is the way the move happened and last season for some has for some meant he won’t get the fanfare or exit he deserves. To leave like he is a shame, he should have had the room to do Ruben like video, he was mr wolves for so many years. But anyway….. Good luck conor and thanks for the memories!!!!!!

Hope he has a great move to leicester and he finds a new home to achieve “the project” he has gone for. Great move for him and for me a better one for him on paper than the basket case of Everton.
Well said.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He himself did nothing wrong, I can’t see any evidence he refused to be a squad member, just that he’d rather be a starter somewhere and that the club didn’t stand in his way.

His wife might have posted something derogatory, but that’s hardly the first time in football that’s happened.

He was a consummate professional for Wolves, who despite some limitations in his game went on to find himself a role at the club that for a good 2-3 seasons he played very well. He even wore the England captains armband!

Captained us through the best Wolves years of my lifetime, and we’ve noticeably missed his leadership in the squad in the season that’s just finished.

Totally agree

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The title of this thread should be changed to:
Coady, welcoming him back with open arms (and then) sell him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He said he struggled to support his team mates when he was dropped or something along those lines

Not the sign of a leader

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracks me up the unbelievably short memories on show in this thread, so how many good times did we enjoy with Coady as our captain, no doubt the same people slaughtering him, worship Costa, Ran, Adama and the new kid on the block Gomes. Move on and display a bit of maturity, heaven forbid Robbie Keane played for everybody.
For me probably one of the players with the least ability that some how made the absolute most of every football cell he had on his body, and will always epitomise the word Captain.

Last edited:

gullykular

Reaction score

Some thoughts as Conor Coady departs

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I don’t recall him saying this. Can you link me to it? Would be good to see it for context.

Speaking to talkSPORT, the England international revealed that aspects of pre-season made him question his future at Molineux.

"Pre-season has been tough, the last five or six weeks have been really tough to be honest," said the former club captain.

"I want to play every single minute of every game , but I got a vibe that something's coming here, something's not right.

"I could sense things, something was happening, it didn't feel the same."

"I've got to be honest, I didn't like being sat on the bench at Leeds.

"I did my best getting behind the lads, I was talking, but it didn't feel right, I didn't like it.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking to talkSPORT, the England international revealed that aspects of pre-season made him question his future at Molineux.

"Pre-season has been tough, the last five or six weeks have been really tough to be honest," said the former club captain.

"I want to play every single minute of every game , but I got a vibe that something's coming here, something's not right.

"I did my best getting behind the lads, I was talking, but it didn't feel right, I didn't like it.

Sounds like outright mutiny to me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sounds like outright mutiny to me.

No problems at all with what he said. But clearly he didn’t want to be seen as just back up, which is what he would have been this season too. Right decision all round for him to move on.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cracks me up the unbelievably short memories on show in this thread, so how many good times did we enjoy with Coady as our captain, no doubt the same people slaughtering him, worship Costa, Ran, Adama and the new kid on the block Gomes. Move on and display a bit of maturity, heaven forbid Bully played for Coventry, Robbie Keane played for everybody.
For me probably one of the players with the least ability that some how made the absolute most of every football cell he had on his body, and will always epitomise the word Captain.
Think I missed Bully playing for Coventry.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cheers for posting.

I still think that’s a fair comment from him though in that last paragraph. Saying he did his best to play the support role, which is all you can ask, and saying he didn’t like it… I want to hear that from an elite level player. They should all be livid when they’re not in the starting XI if they really believe in themselves.

All different perspectives though of course.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracks me up the unbelievably short memories on show in this thread, so how many good times did we enjoy with Coady as our captain, no doubt the same people slaughtering him, worship Costa, Ran, Adama and the new kid on the block Gomes. Move on and display a bit of maturity, heaven forbid Bully played for Coventry, Robbie Keane played for everybody.
While l agree quite a bit of that, Bully played for Coventry???? While that would be better than the **** it never happened....

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While l agree quite a bit of that, Bully played for Coventry???? While that would be better than the **** it never happened....
As I have already confessed, my late years are playing with my memory, having met Bully a few times and being fortunate to have watched him from start to end, I managed to talk absolute ****, I can see an edit coming on. Lol.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing the acclimation Neves was given on the OS, and quite rightly, I think Coady deserved a similar send off tbh. He was here longer than Neves, captain for much longer and was arguably the biggest cog in our rise from Champs nothings to Europe. He goes with my best wishes.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing the acclimation Neves was given on the OS, and quite rightly, I think Coady deserved a similar send off tbh. He was here longer than Neves, captain for much longer and was arguably the biggest cog in our rise from Champs nothings to Europe. He goes with my best wishes.

He has not gone officially yet?

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thibk coady will be gutted to go back to the chumpionship, thought a prem teams would snap him up.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Conor Coady was simply the best captain I’ve seen at the wolves in my life time. Some deride him as a cheer leader. He never gave anything less than 100%. As fans thats surely all we can ask for.

We can discuss his shortcomings, and many have ad-nauseam, but I would rather reflect on his many attributes and achievements. He was an integral part of the team to become Championship winners, two 7th placed finishes, a euro run, and an FA cup semi final. He also went on to achieve England caps and even a goal.

He will always be remembered for the above and some incredible performances. Coupled to the above he is also a thoroughly nice human being, who worked tirelessly off the pitch to help make some lucky fans dreams come true.

I wish you nothing but luck sir, and I only hope some of the players remaining give even a fraction of what you have to this club.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Now it is official, Good luck Conor, sensible choice for both parties - thanks for all your efforts for our club, you helped make some great moments and memories.

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was a great captain for us, we gave him as much as he gave us.

End of an era truly but we have got a good fee and it's been resolved nice and early with minimal mess.

Cheers Conor all the best except against us.

Back
Top Bottom