Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone know what the loan fee was we charged for Coady again? Can't find a source.

Seem to remember it was £8m?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what the loan fee was we charged for Coady again? Can't find a source.

Seem to remember it was £8m?

At the time be moved to Everton, I think the reports were that it was a 12-13m move. When it became known that the purchase option was 4.5m, it was assumed that meant the loan part was 7.5m.

Edit. Just added an example of the reports just before he moved to Everton.

Last edited:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally don't really care what fee he has gone for . Would be nice to see the recruitment team doing what they are paid to do . Great seeing these players leave , but we were **** last season and the same **** are still here .

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally don't really care what fee he has gone for . Would be nice to see the recruitment team doing what they are paid to do . Great seeing these players leave , but we were **** last season and the same **** are still here .

How many times do you need to be told we need to sell to buy?

If you have an issue with that take it up with FFP.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They are doing what they’re paid for. Recruitment isn’t just about buying, it’s about managing the squad and that includes selling. But I’m sure you know that?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is all fine. It’s a lot for a championship team to spend on a defender but not much for an England international.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is all fine. It’s a lot for a championship team to spend on a defender but not much for an England international.
England squad member is more truthful , as was Jarvis for one game. Coady is 30 and his leadership quality is great value for them and we got 8.5m quid, 4 million more than the toffees we’re giving so it’s wins all round .
Now can we start signing some bloody players please ?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my view this is good business for Coady, the total fees received for him (loan + transfer) being around £15M with the potential for another £1M and with Everton picking up his wages for the last 10months.

Thanks for all your time with us Conor, you have been a huge part in our climb out of the Championship and stabilising in the Prem, wishing you every success in your new challenge - except in the event that you play against us :)
Yup, it's only a good fee because of monies already collected in him.

In a World where Nathan Collins costs £20m, £16m for Coady is a snip.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I struggle with all of the he’s a great leader/captain. He seems like a good chap. But captain, I ain’t having this, he is a cheerleader, happy clapper. Frankly when things going well he speaks a good game and is very presentable. A leader is someone thought who negotiates the challenges, pulls people together and enhances those around with the culture they create, along with holding them account.

Frankly I saw little evidence of genuine leadership, of course this is an opinion on external observations but I think he’s a decent bloke and a decent championship player. No more no less.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a fantastic bit of business for us imo well done management team on sales thus far. Expeditious and with great returns.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never said he wasnt. My point was he wasnt much of an England regular. Unless you mean he regularly warmed the bench.
No one said he was an England regular. He was called an "England International" and a "squad member"which is factually correct.

You then felt it necessary to make a disparaging comment "glorified cheerleader" about the best captain this club has had in for what most of us is living memory.

The list of captains he's better than include De Wolf, Bull, Curle, Butler, Craddock, Ricketts and Neves.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him and thanks for his great service to the club. If Collins is also going then a new centre back must be incoming.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best to him. It was sad the way his wife posted after he went to Everton and he did, as said before, burn his bridges. But before then? He and Nuno gave Wolves an identity we loved, built a squad that by all accounts gave everything for that dressing room, and cared for Wolverhampton and the community too. An outstanding servant and leader of our club.
I do think some of the comments on this thread are petty and shallow, reflective tbh of an attitude that isn't about sport but ego of the supporter that doesn't buy into the romance or passion, only immediate gratification.
Anyway, he was great, and a part of the best years since the 70s.
Nice one, Conor. All best. And thanks.

Last edited:

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rewind to the summer between promotion and premier league and I wouldn’t have believed anyone who told me that both Coady and Neves would leave at the same time and it’d be the latter with a tearful 3 minute video to the fans and the former quietly walking away with little fanfare.

Feel a bit gutted about how this chapter has come to an end, not to mention some of the crap that gets written about Coady on here.

Captained the best Wolves side I’ll probably ever see and forged an unforgettable bond with us fans in doing so.

Best of luck Conor, and thanks for all of the amazing memories.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A sad end really, to the era that was unfortunately so short lived. The final remnants all but gone of that amazing and brilliant time to be a Wolves fan. A time when optimism was at its highest and no matter who we were playing, we genuinely had a chance of winning.

Thanks for the memories.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really have pulled their pants down, shame we couldn’t have thrown Semedo in.

Did we though? He's been a regular Premier League captain for years, plus a load of England caps. Already led a team to the Championship title and showed he was easily good enough for that level. Leicester are desperate for some leadership in that back line, their new boss will also want to play out from the back which is going to suit having an ex-midfielder there too. Given all that, plus they have a bit of cash to spend after Spurs dropped £40m on Maddison and I think the fee feels about right for both clubs.

If anyone got done over this it's Everton who paid a substantial loan fee + paying his full wages, then not really playing him once Dyche took over and missing out on making an easy profit.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor,
you and Nuno were the face of Wolves in our comeback to the PL………you gave us some wonderful times and unlikely victories, eg, vs Man City.
Hard to find fault with a captain who’s infectious smile and enthusiasm impressed both my wife and I, 5,000 miles away.
As a Dubliner, I know what a solid bloke is and you Conor have it in spades.

If it wasn’t for Lage, who knows how dignified your leaving Wolves would have been like ……..hopefully something more fitting. You sure earned it..

A thousand thanks and best wishes to you and your family. Most Wolves fans know what you did and stood for.
Ignore the grumpies.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So not very clear to people like me who thought Everton were bound to flip him why they've allowed us to make an extra £4m for him. Any logic there?
Yes to the logic question.
Everton couldn’t know if Leicester would come for him…….possible no one knew.
Also Coady might have been very coy to Everton about his future.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He and his family burnt there bridges , o well time to move on.
He didn’t burn his bridges and what his family said is irrelevant……they don’t speak for him.
But as you very wisely say……..time to move on and forget what his family said.
They never played for us so who bloody cares?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best "thing" from Huddersfield Town since Derek Parkin.
Conor has been great for us.
All the best to him.
Nuff respect,dude!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see we are getting a move on shipping players out who are surplus to requirements. More please.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks to conor for the time here and his achievements, easily one of our best ever captains for the impact he had on our club and legacy. Was so happy for him that he got his much deserved Caps and screamed of a goal and I cannot forgive southgate for not even giving him token minutes in the game at molineux where they stank the ground out and looked worse than we had in a change kit for the night!!! The coady celebrations for goals and the way he did were iconic as part of the good years of the project, pictures of him leaping on the back of goal scorers in key moments will be in the museum and hearts for generations. He was the heartbeat of nunos project on the field, no one can deny that. The biggest shame out of all of this, is the way the move happened and last season for some has for some meant he won’t get the fanfare or exit he deserves. To leave like he is a shame, he should have had the room to do Ruben like video, he was mr wolves for so many years. But anyway….. Good luck conor and thanks for the memories!!!!!!

Hope he has a great move to leicester and he finds a new home to achieve “the project” he has gone for. Great move for him and for me a better one for him on paper than the basket case of Everton.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Glorified cheer leader more like. He wasnt even trusted with minutes when 4-0 up against Ukraine.
Really? You think that when Gareth Southgate and staff who were selecting the 26 players for the England squad for a major tournament had room for passengers/cheerleaders?

What about all the other players in that squad that didn't get game time? By your standards what were they there for? Makeweights? To take Gareth his slippers in the evening?

Coady was there on merit, it may have been for a Plan B/Plan C in the event of a change of shape/tactics needed, but that is the point of a squad, you select players who give you options, and Coady was part of a squad and provided just that.

It would appear there's been turmoil behind the scenes at the club (which hopefully have been addressed), and maybe Coady fell victim to that to some degree, I don't doubt for a second he saw his Wolves career ending in a different way.

Personally I'll remember all the good times/games/memories that the team with Coady in it gave me over the last few years and wish him the very best.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was everything good about Nuno Espito Santos team. The never give up, could mix it with the best, were respected by everyone, in your face team.
You are a legend Conor. Thank you for being a major part of the best team we have seen at Molineux in over 40 years. Good luck with your future and thank you.

UTW

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captain of the best Wolves side I have seen.

Bruno Lage couldnt handle too many personalities - see Coady, Ruddy, Saiss, Boly.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor,
you and Nuno were the face of Wolves in our comeback to the PL………you gave us some wonderful times and unlikely victories, eg, vs Man City.
Hard to find fault with a captain who’s infectious smile and enthusiasm impressed both my wife and I, 5,000 miles away.
As a Dubliner, I know what a solid bloke is and you Conor have it in spades.

If it wasn’t for Lage, who knows how dignified your leaving Wolves would have been like ……..hopefully something more fitting. You sure earned it..

A thousand thanks and best wishes to you and your family. Most Wolves fans know what you did and stood for.
Ignore the grumpies.
Nicely done.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captain of the best Wolves side I have seen.

Bruno Lage couldnt handle too many personalities - see Coady, Ruddy, Saiss, Boly.
Coady dropped and wouldn’t support his team mates

Ruddy - shi sold without telling lage

Saiss - think as per ruddy

Boly - in / out team for 2 seasons . Hardly badly managed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks to conor for the time here and his achievements, easily one of our best ever captains for the impact he had on our club and legacy. Was so happy for him that he got his much deserved Caps and screamed of a goal and I cannot forgive southgate for not even giving him token minutes in the game at molineux where they stank the ground out and looked worse than we had in a change kit for the night!!! The coady celebrations for goals and the way he did were iconic as part of the good years of the project, pictures of him leaping on the back of goal scorers in key moments will be in the museum and hearts for generations. He was the heartbeat of nunos project on the field, no one can deny that. The biggest shame out of all of this, is the way the move happened and last season for some has for some meant he won’t get the fanfare or exit he deserves. To leave like he is a shame, he should have had the room to do Ruben like video, he was mr wolves for so many years. But anyway….. Good luck conor and thanks for the memories!!!!!!

Hope he has a great move to leicester and he finds a new home to achieve “the project” he has gone for. Great move for him and for me a better one for him on paper than the basket case of Everton.
Nicely balanced.

Back
Top Bottom