Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
See this gets me a bit. I loved Coady to bits and understood his move to Everton but he was very careless with his words, and even now his two line sentence feels shallow.

On the pitch he deserves legendary status, but it just feels like he couldn’t really get away quickly enough to Everton.

It just took the edge or shine off for me.

Tbf he already did his farewell post last year so repeating it made little sense.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seriously... what difference does it really make? Both are now gone. Both are moving on with their lives. Why is there a choice to make?
Why can't we just simply appreciate they were both a big part of a terrific journey for our club?

Who said there's a choice to make?

Everyone is free to an opinion.

Just expressing how I feel dude.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never relocated to Wolverhampton though.

His kids grew up in Liverpool and the whole my kids are wolves fans lasted no time at all

They were in Everton kits last year and now they're little foxes as his Mrs has put on Instagram.

Coady was good for Wolves but Wolves owe him nothing.

He made the right noises whilst he was here can't fault him.

He has a young family who he wanted to keep in schools close to their home. He did used to live in a flat in Tettenhall in the week.
I believe a lot of our recent managers did the same?

Coady was AWESOME for Wolves. Neves was too,

Seriously... what difference does it really make? Both are now gone. Both are moving on with their lives. Why is there a choice to make?
Why can't we just simply appreciate they were both a big part of a terrific journey for our club?

Because we've got fans who are sensitive sallies who dish out **** and can't accept anything back.

See this gets me a bit. I loved Coady to bits and understood his move to Everton but he was very careless with his words, and even now his two line sentence feels shallow.

On the pitch he deserves legendary status, but it just feels like he couldn’t really get away quickly enough to Everton.

It just took the edge or shine off for me.

Respect you and your opinion, but genuinely gutted tonight that he has gone

Last edited:

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I think he just wants to play football on a regular basis and he realises that he's not going to get that in the Premier league anymore. If Leicester do get promoted, there's a fair chance he'll move on again.
He was the right man at the right time for Nuno's Wolves and he took full advantage to make a very successful career for himself. I was proud to have him as our captain and wish him nothing but the best for whatever he goes on to do. I don't think he owes Wolves anything, but he definitely owes Nuno a drink!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He left 12 months ago. Said the piece then. So a hearty, cheers.

Reactions: Ian

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His kids grew up in Liverpool and the whole my kids are wolves fans lasted no time at all

They were in Everton kits last year and now they're little foxes as his Mrs has put on Instagram.

Why would he need to, it's not far at all and his family are there ?

I tihnk the second bit is quite funny, they're little children. As Neves said, my kids will support Porto and anybody their dad plays for.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Underwhelming first couple of years, exiled final year, a pretty good(!) few in between

Good move for all parties and thanks to Coady for his efforts here - particularly under Nuno. Good character to have around the place and a great ambassador while he was here

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why would he need to, it's not far at all and his family are there ?

I tihnk the second bit is quite funny, they're little children. As Neves said, my kids will support Porto and anybody their dad plays for.

Missing the point aren't you cause you're reading my reply and clearly haven't read the post I'm quoting, the OP said his kids have grown up in Wolverhampton, they haven't.

And I have absolutely no problem with that, but I'm just not gullible enough to buy into the whole Coady is wolves through and through.

He was Wolves through and through as long as it suited his needs, I'm sure there's some genuine sentiment there but not to the degree some are making out, that's my point.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a good guy and a great servant on the pitch. Always gave his all and won’t ever forget those first 3 seasons under nuno and his contribution to that.

Time to move on though, and £8 million or so added to last seasons loan fee I think is a pretty decent return. We need CB’s that can be effective in both a back four and a back five for starters.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
as a captain beyond comparison, which is what i said.

Easy to be Captain when it's going well. Don't remember many captain heroics from Coady in the latter part of the 21/22 season. Ruben led by his performances and helped us achieve points single handedly and grew into the role. Coady never really did that as he has about 5% of his ability. And no I'm not just talking about Neves scoring a worldie or pen occasionally if you compare Coady to literally any other CB in the league his stats were awful. Decent at keeping the other members of a back 3 organised and keeping the morale up but hardly a captain of legends when his performances didn't really help us much once Nuno and his system left.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy to be Captain when it's going well. Don't remember many captain heroics from Coady in the latter part of the 21/22 season. Ruben led by his performances and helped us achieve points single handedly and grew into the role. Coady never really did that as he has about 5% of his ability. And no I'm not just talking about Neves scoring a worldie or pen occasionally if you compare Coady to literally any other CB in the league his stats were awful. Decent at keeping the other members of a back 3 organised and keeping the morale up but hardly a captain of legends when his performances didn't really help us much once Nuno and his system left.
i though Neves was a poor captain being honest. never spoke to referees the right way hence the bookings. i also think you’re doing Coady a huge disservice.

They've both gone now though so let’s hope we find a new hero to bicker over

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to move on, so who will be our next captain I wonder?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Little kids involved and supporting their Dad and his team. I'd say thats pretty natural.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady deserves to be recognised as as key figure during one of the greatest periods in our modern day history.

Please don’t ruin the thread by comparing him to Ruben though.

In the last 50 years, Bully and Ruben deserve to be held on a completely different pedestal to any other Wolves player.

That’s not a criticism of other players, more a recognition of the stature of those two.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady deserves to be recognised as as key figure during one of the greatest periods in our modern day history.

Please don’t ruin the thread by comparing him to Ruben though.

In the last 50 years, Bully and Ruben deserve to be held on a completely different pedestal to any other Wolves player.

That’s not a criticism of other players, more a recognition of the stature of those two.
no one is comparing them as players, only captains.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair to Coady travelling from Merseyside to Wolvo is rather easier than from Portugal so.....

For someone people are calling Me Wolves, the gushing praise, choosing to commute for 8 years rather than relocate says exactly where his true loyalties lie if you ask me.

Not that I'm criticising that, but don't expect me to believe all his talk about how much he loved the area when he didn't want to live in it.

It all made good copy, as I said he made the right noises.

It's just not very sincere.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is exactly my thoughts. Loved Coady as captain but Ruben was exceptional in very difficult circumstances this season. Not sure Coady would have had the same impact.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor Coady was very good for Nuno Espirito Santo's Wolves and Nuno Espirito Santo's Wolves were very good for Conor Coady.

Let's not mistake that final point.

Now that has come to an end, I suspect Conor will go back to being a good Championship player, which without Nuno and Wolves, he always really was. No crime in that either.

He has a lot to be thankful for Wolves. Because of the faith shown in him during that period, he became captain of a Premier League side and travelled to two Major Competitions with his country.

My point is I guess, it was down to the fantastic faith and vision and managerial qualities of Nuno.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For someone people are calling Me Wolves, the gushing praise, choosing to commute for 8 years rather than relocate says exactly where his true loyalties lie if you ask me.

Not that I'm criticising that, but don't expect me to believe all his talk about how much he loved the area when he didn't want to live in it.

It all made good copy, as I said he made the right noises.

It's just not very sincere.
he lived in a flat in Tettenhall for a few days in the week. He didn’t always commute. So you’re wrong.
I don’t blame him for not moving his whole family whatsoever.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
he lived in a flat in Tettenhall for a few days in the week. He didn’t always commute. So you’re wrong.
I don’t blame him for not moving his whole family whatsoever.

Nor do I to be absolutely clear for the 3rd or 4th time.

I just won't gush about how much the club owes him, which is nothing in my opinion.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to rustle any feathers, but when I think back to the captain's we have had, I don't see Conor as a "great" captain, per se. Good yes, but he was part of a team that had alot of characters, leadership and experience. That team of the era of 2019-2022 had a ridiculous amount of capped internationals within it. Patricio, Moutinho even early Neves - big leaders in there own right

Situational I know, but the captain Neves of last season gets very much underestimated. At times he literally ran games on his own, almost to the point of embarrassment. Would we have stayed up without him? I am not sure. That for me, is a leader and a great captain.

All opinions I know. I respect Coady alot and have a lot of admiration for him as a player and a person, but I do think some are over egging his time at Wolves a little.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to rustle any feathers, but when I think back to the captain's we have had, I don't see Conor as a "great" captain, per se. Good yes, but he was part of a team that had alot of characters, leadership and experience. That team of the era of 2019-2022 had a ridiculous amount of capped internationals within it. Patricio, Moutinho even early Neves - big leaders in there own right

Situational I know, but the captain Neves of last season gets very much underestimated. At times he literally ran games on his own, almost to the point of embarrassment. Would we have stayed up without him? I am not sure. That for me, is a leader and a great captain.

All opinions I know. I respect Coady alot and have a lot of admiration for him as a player and a person, but I do think some are over egging his time at Wolves a little.
i don’t ageee with you but you’ve put it across well, no issue with that.

Back
Top Bottom