Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

City Verdict

DarloWolf

Reaction score
We were walking after 60 minutes. No intensity or desire to win the ball back.

You can acknowledge City’s quality whilst also noting how far off it we were. Lacking in quality or a game plan.
g
We were walking after 60 minutes. No intensity or desire to win the ball back.

You can acknowledge City’s quality whilst also noting how far off it we were. Lacking in quality or a game plan.

game has already gone though

W

WasStefan

- The Ref is a grey haired **** end
- KDB is absolutely insane
- Raul is sadly lazy as hell
- Pedro needs learn AT TAKING A MAN ON
- We need an upgrade on Willy
- Leander (despite the goal) need to say adios
- No clean sheet in 2 months is inexcusable

I hate being negative towards some, but I am saying what I feel.

Here’s to Sunday and some players TRYING!
jesus h wept, have a day off

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only read the first page but….

Raul was running his nuts off, don’t get the lazy thing at all, and had a great shot saved

The ref, if you dint win the ball first it’s a penalty, end of. How he didn’t book Zinchenko bordered on corrupt, sorry it did.

The defence, I love Boly my dogs named after him, but he’s finished, looks overweight and uninterested. Coady, great fella but can’t play in a 4, we need to play a 4, he’s a good Ruddy type squad man but nothing else.

Chiquinho was superb, he terrorised Zinchenko, he looks like Neto did before injury

The midfield? Wow, poorest they’ve been all season, though that’s because they’re playing the best midfield in world football in my eyes.

Finally I hope city win the title they’re the best team by a mile, and everyone hates Liverpool too

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and KDB was simply outstanding tonight with that third goal being the pick.
I would always have picked Jonny as our outstanding defender, but he looked anything but tonight.
First half we looked threatening when we went forward and I think we were very unlucky not to get a penalty, but we were picked apart defensively and but for Sterling would have lost by much more.
Chiquinho was very positive although understandably a little naive defensively. Neto is getting there and Raul was much more like his old self.
Crazy that KDB has scored as many league goals at Molineux this season as any of our own.
Finally those having a dig at Neves can **** right off as he’s entitled to an off night after being outstanding for us for most of the season.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a shambles tonight. Kind of a Dean Saunders-esque kind of performance really.
Yes we did have the occasional foray forward but the issue is what was the game plan?
Why do we persist with these short goal kicks?
Nobody should be taken in by the probable 8th place finish. We are relegation candidates next season IMHO.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno won two and drew one the rest we lost
You’ve been in the Bruno out camp all season despite him doing far better than you predicted even though he hasn’t been backed
You seem to have amnesia regarding last season what were the scores when we played city?

"We should be beating teams like Man City". o_O

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City, sadly, are just absolutely awesome. End of.

The top two are head and shoulders above 3rd place and are on a different planet compared to the rest of the division.

What did people expect?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

City are fantastic, KDB especially, but so much of their game is based on being able to get away with being cynical without being upheld to the usual standards.

Quite how they didn’t end up with the best part of half their team on a booking was remarkable. Referee let them referee the game, from there on a difficult game became impossible.

A couple of early yellows would have completely changed the way they could play the game, Zinchenko couldn’t have been left 1v1 against Chiquinho, Laporte couldn’t have been the only cover ect.

Even our players gave up trying to draw a foul at times and played ‘safer’ which put us back towards our own goal.

Without seeing them back again it looked like two pretty clear pens and the handball shout seemed more of one that Mout’s too.

A different referee who’d have given a few blatant yellows, a pen to make it 3-2, a rocking Molineux and a City needing a win with Madrid in their minds who knows how it’d have panned out.

As for us Chiquinho looks a player, Neto’s getting back to himself, Raul looked like Raul for the first time in a while, RAN will be a fine player but still has a fair bit of learning to do. Boly isn’t the Boly of old unfortunately, Hwang couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Joao’s class is starting to struggle to shine through against top sides.
You are clutching at the most extreme of straws

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you seriously trying to blame the referee for us being totally outclassed
I’ve said City were brilliant but you can see how they rely upon tactical/cynical fouling as part of their game when it comes to defending and they are very good at it (we are terrible at it btw).

There were times we got the wrong side of them and could (imv should) have had more rewards for doing so. A couple of players walking a yellow card tight rope and going 3-2 instead of 4-1 could well have made it a different game, I think there were enough opportunities for the referee to have given those couple yellows and a pen.

Nige

Reaction score
Men against boys .need a manager who is tatacal sava because large is not still hearing he is toast any back to Lemington spar now .WOLVES AY WE.
Unfortunately we sacked him and brought in Bruno.

W

WasStefan

I’ve said City were brilliant but you can see how they rely upon tactical/cynical fouling as part of their game when it comes to defending and they are very good at it (we are terrible at it btw).

There were times we got the wrong side of them and could (imv should) have had more rewards for doing so. A couple of players walking a yellow card tight rope and going 3-2 instead of 4-1 could well have made it a different game, I think there were enough opportunities for the referee to have given those couple yellows and a pen.
i think you have a point. But they would still have won comfortably, they had gears left

Nige

Reaction score

The top two are head and shoulders above 3rd place and are on a different planet compared to the rest of the division.

What did people expect?
They were a few years ago too... but we did the double over them i seem to remember...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was wrong on my ratings, wasn't Moutinho who let KDB walk past him for his hat trick. Was Neves, move him down to a 3. Hope he gets fined for that, pathetic and gutless.

Fuming watching that goal back

geowolf

Reaction score

What did people expect?
Organisation, effort and something resembling a modicum of belief.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a shambles tonight. Kind of a Dean Saunders-esque kind of performance really.
Yes we did have the occasional foray forward but the issue is what was the game plan?
Why do we persist with these short goal kicks?
Nobody should be taken in by the probable 8th place finish. We are relegation candidates next season IMHO.

I have to agree with this that we look a total mess and are sleep walking to relegation.

If we make the same mistakes as the last 2 years with players like Silva , Hwang , Trincao coming in then we are in serious trouble.

L78

Reaction score
Was wrong on my ratings, wasn't Moutinho who let KDB walk past him for his hat trick. Was Neves, move him down to a 3. Hope he gets fined for that, pathetic and gutless.

Well they want to fine him quick because he will be gone in two games

DarloWolf

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and KDB was simply outstanding tonight with that third goal being the pick.
I would always have picked Jonny as our outstanding defender, but he looked anything but tonight.
First half we looked threatening when we went forward and I think we were very unlucky not to get a penalty, but we were picked apart defensively and but for Sterling would have lost by much more.
Chiquinho was very positive although understandably a little naive defensively. Neto is getting there and Raul was much more like his old self.
Crazy that KDB has scored as many league goals at Molineux this season as any of our own.
Everyone has there views and thoughts but no1 could of stopped kdb, there's no point arguing or saying tactics where wrong, game was done on the hattrick

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think you have a point. But they would still have won comfortably, they had gears left
It looked that way with 80 mins gone in Madrid, or for the first 50 mins at Molineux in the not too distant past.

I’m not saying we would have gone on to get something but it can be a funny old game.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Chiquinho easily man of the match, completely wasted playing Wing back hybrid. As we did with traore in the past, drop the ball in behind the high line and we are in as we did a couple of times and then stopped. He should have been in the front three.

On this, Jonny, wing back was centre back, Chiquinho a forward was wing back and Donk know for being able to play as a centre back was a forward. Did someone drop the tactics board and put the player markers back on in the wrong place?

Ait Nouri played well in the first half.

We had a brief good spell where we actually passed the ball about with some tempo rather under hitting everything and waiting for the ball to get to our players.

We need a striker and we need to keep Raul to be a pretty much an attacking midfielder, he still has the engine,vision and passing ability even if the striking instinct has become a little muted.

Neves was the midfield second half although I don't think he's fit.

Neto either isn't back up to speed or requires another player like traore to draw defenders away to give him the space to shine.

Donk is summed up with the opportunity to take a long range shot at an empty goal with the goalkeeper miles out, takes a look, dithers and passes backwards. Took his goal well but generally the wrong player to be playing that advanced role for me.

Coady and boly, terrible. Boly had some decent blocks first half but their positioning was woeful.

Jonny gets away with the above a little as first half he looked very good but gradually went out the game near the end, but should never have been in that position in the first place.

Bruno's subs. ****.
Did nothing to actually change anything or the way we were setup.

As someone mentioned Silva looked hacked off not to come on, he should Hwang can't trap a bag of cement and frankly that ain't good enough, you can practice that and it should be addressed.
I'm not sure tricao really touched the ball, moreso cundle with his 5 mins.

They are a great team, no problem being beaten by a better team but we didn't perform after 2-1 really, the things that were working seemed to be stopped and revert to position and the plan, that wasn't working, so why keep at that plan?

KDB is joint top scorer at molineux this season and that is embarrassing.

I expect a performance against Norwich, if we don't get one then it could be time for change.

geowolf

Reaction score
Chiquinho easily man of the match, completely wasted playing Wing back hybrid. As we did with traore in the past, drop the ball in behind the high line and we are in as we did a couple of times and then stopped. He should have been in the front three.

On this, Jonny, wing back was centre back, Chiquinho a forward was wing back and Donk know for being able to play as a centre back was a forward. Did someone drop the tactics board and put the player markers back on in the wrong place?

Ait Nouri played well in the first half.

We had a brief good spell where we actually passed the ball about with some tempo rather under hitting everything and waiting for the ball to get to our players.

We need a striker and we need to keep Raul to be a pretty much an attacking midfielder, he still has the engine,vision and passing ability even if the striking instinct has become a little muted.

Neves was the midfield second half although I don't think he's fit.

Neto either isn't back up to speed or requires another player like traore to draw defenders away to give him the space to shine.

Donk is summed up with the opportunity to take a long range shot at an empty goal with the goalkeeper miles out, takes a look, dithers and passes backwards. Took his goal well but generally the wrong player to be playing that advanced role for me.

Coady and boly, terrible. Boly had some decent blocks first half but their positioning was woeful.

Jonny gets away with the above a little as first half he looked very good but gradually went out the game near the end, but should never have been in that position in the first place.

Bruno's subs. ****.
Did nothing to actually change anything or the way we were setup.

As someone mentioned Silva looked hacked off not to come on, he should Hwang can't trap a bag of cement and frankly that ain't good enough, you can practice that and it should be addressed.
I'm not sure tricao really touched the ball, moreso cundle with his 5 mins.

They are a great team, no problem being beaten by a better team but we didn't perform after 2-1 really, the things that were working seemed to be stopped and revert to position and the plan, that wasn't working, so why keep at that plan?

KDB is joint top scorer at molineux this season and that is embarrassing.

I expect a performance against Norwich, if we don't get one then it could be time for change.
Great summing up. Agree with everything there.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Has Ruben done something to you personally as your constant criticism of him is beyond ridiculous?
He has been excellent for most of the season so I for one will give him some slack playing against the best midfielder by far in the league. ( Although I guess you will claim that KDB ranks behind the French genius at United who plays 2 games a season)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No complaints from me tonight
City were the better team and De Bruyne was unbelievable
Positives: Chiquinho was great, really look forward to seeing him grow, Alt Nouri also outstanding tonight
Negatives: Boly was not good but Dendocker should never ever wear a Wolves shirt again
Although it didn’t effect the outcome of the game the ref was shocking

D

Deleted member (smith)

We should definitely be beating teams like city. But we can’t .

Mahrez and greasy off the bench 160 million.

Lowest paid player paid more than wolves highest paid .

New recruit on 375,000 a week.

So what to do? With 1/3 the revenue we will always be fighting for 7th.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Has Ruben done something to you personally as your constant criticism of him is beyond ridiculous?
He has been excellent for most of the season so I for one will give him some slack playing against the best midfielder by far in the league. ( Although I guess you will claim that KDB ranks behind the French genius at United who plays 2 games a season)
Sorry for criticising Saint Ruben. You happy with his performance today, the 3rd goal unstoppable then?
He hid from the ball, totally unacceptable

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I haven't read any of the thread so not sure of others views, but thought Chiquino put in another good performance.
City did to us what they've done to many others recently so I wouldn't get too downbeat about it. I read on Sky that they've won their last 5 games 22-1 on aggregate (woo-hoo, we got the 1).

I think with quite a few of the current crop heading towards the exit door we'll be a very different team next year.
You never know, Jeff might even spend a little bit of the money we get for Neves, Dendoncker, Raul, Boly, Coady, Traore, Gibbs-White etc on some new players.

What's Andy Keogh doing nowadays?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two years ago we deservedly beat city in both league games by an aggregate score of 5-2. They were champions then too. This season we lost both games by aggregate 1-6, and let's face it, it could have been 1-10. Quite a turn around. From that team of two years ago we have lost Traore, Jota, Doc, and (in effect through injury) Raul. We have replaced them with inferior players. There are some bright sparks (Chiq and RAN and Neto) but we are a poorer team as a whole. If you don't move forward in this league you first stagnate and then you get relegated. FOSUN are far too complacent. A rude shock awaits if they don't get their act together.

City were brilliant of course, but we were poor, and not a patch on the team that got to the Europa QF and nearly to the Cup Final. Plenty of effort, just not good enough.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I was astonished that Bruno started with four at the back against City of all teams, especially after Pep's admission about how we have made them suffer more than most - i.e with our traditional tactics of a back five that smothers the spaces with an eye to break. The four backfired pretty spectacularly, Coady had no idea how to organise a solid shape, and in the end could have very easily been 7 or 8. The space we afforded de Bruyne was disgusting.
Not sure what game you saw
We didn’t start with a back four we started with a back 3/5 that being Jonny on the right Coady in the middle and Boly on the left
Midfield of Chiquinho, Neves, Moutinho Dendocker Alt Nouri
Up Front Raul and Neto
Anyone else see any different start to that

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry for criticising Saint Ruben. You happy with his performance today, the 3rd goal unstoppable then?
He hid from the ball, totally unacceptable
I have not suggested canonising Ruben, but he has been our best player in many games this season and a fantastic servant since we signed him.
We were not organised defensively and while Ruben played a part in that he was hardly the only one to blame.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to agree with this that we look a total mess and are sleep walking to relegation.

If we make the same mistakes as the last 2 years with players like Silva , Hwang , Trincao coming in then we are in serious trouble.
You had us down to go down this season and we will finish top half.

All this serious trouble is very OTT (IMO)

Our hit rate on signings is still decent but we do need more of them.

Chances of going down are probably minute (but not too minute. Strange things happen in football). The most likely scenario is that we just linger around 8th-14th for a bit. I can understand the desire for self-sustainability but, as Man City show, those sides don't tend to compete at the very top!

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
General lack of pace and aggression in midfield and in central defence shown up alarmingly.

Neves on that performance wouldn't get anywhere near attracting a decent fee , well below standard.

Bizarre putting Jonny inside the young lad full back. Toti should have played with Jonny fb. Young lad on the wing.

Back
Top Bottom