Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

City Verdict

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also why was Raul flagged off straight away yet Sterling was twice allowed to go through before it got pulled back? I’m almost to the point where I think it’s corrupt, the inconsistency of decisions for the top teams is mental

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have not suggested canonising Ruben, but he has been our best player in many games this season and a fantastic servant since we signed him.
We were not organised defensively and while Ruben played a part in that he was hardly the only one to blame.
We were in fine shape, KDB just walked past Neves and then ran at exposed CBs, he is largely culpable for the goal.

He has played well this year, but not as well as people make out.

W

WasStefan

Also why was Raul flagged off straight away yet Sterling was twice allowed to go through before it got pulled back? I’m almost to the point where I think it’s corrupt, the inconsistency of decisions for the top teams is mental
Ref demanding the ball be put out for Laporte’s leg injury nearly set me over the edge. Basically cheating

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's that got to do with it?

I had chiquinho as man of the match.
Don’t disagree Bod with Chiquinho being our best player.

What I am suggesting its that those who have claimed Adama to be world class in the past would surely expect a much higher return than someone who has started only twice this season.

KDB has scored as many goals at Molineux in one game as any player in Old Gold has scored all season. We need wide players who score goals way more than someone who has pace, power and ability to beat several players with little end product.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I’m glad they didn’t sub De Bruyne. I’d have been tempted to stand up and clap him off.

Ran the show
While I agree, he was allowed to.
I think after the game the Mayor gave him the freedom of the city also.

Surely in the pre game planning someone would have pointed him out, but we didn't seem to be bothered about marking him at all.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref demanding the ball be put out for Laporte’s leg injury nearly set me over the edge. Basically cheating
Yep agreed, reminded me of the United game where I think it was Dean twice stopped the game for them but not for us, then they scored.

Not seen the possible handball, Antony’s tell me was it as innocuous as Moutinhos at theirs?

No of these change the fact they were superb and deserved to win but a fair playing field means we don’t feel so aggrieved

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surely in the pre game planning someone would have pointed him out, but we didn't seem to be bothered about marking him at all.

Was quite obvious really as he was moving around just to go man to man on him , close the space and try to stifle the time and space he had all game which we didn't do and let him stroll around the pitch like he owned it....even a shirt pull or a tactical foul stops the 3rd goal yet we did nothing.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ridiculous amounts of space afforded to him. I’d have had donk man marking him, just ****ing following him…. Even to the bog

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous amounts of space afforded to him. I’d have had donk man marking him, just ****ing following him…. Even to the bog

I said exactly the same to my son , Donk had a stinker and never got close to everyone however he should have just had 1 job tonight and that was to sit on KDB all game.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was quite obvious really as he was moving around just to go man to man on him , close the space and try to stifle the time and space he had all game which we didn't do and let him stroll around the pitch like he owned it....even a shirt pull or a tactical foul stops the 3rd goal yet we did nothing.
0 yellow cards. I'm not a kick em up in the air kind of bloke but he had a sub 30 min hatty and no one even touched him.
He got booked breaking up a counter though.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
Precisely, ideal job for Donk I would have thought.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know much about football but I enjoyed it. Raul was much improved, Neto is getting there and great to see the new kid do so well. The rest, apart from the subs, did all they could in difficult circumstances.Think we were robbed of a pen and unlucky with a few chances but city also could have scored more too. The ref is going to Dubai for his holidays.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two years ago we deservedly beat city in both league games by an aggregate score of 5-2. They were champions then too. This season we lost both games by aggregate 1-6, and let's face it, it could have been 1-10. Quite a turn around. From that team of two years ago we have lost Traore, Jota, Doc, and (in effect through injury) Raul. We have replaced them with inferior players. There are some bright sparks (Chiq and RAN and Neto) but we are a poorer team as a whole. If you don't move forward in this league you first stagnate and then you get relegated. FOSUN are far too complacent. A rude shock awaits if they don't get their act together.

City were brilliant of course, but we were poor, and not a patch on the team that got to the Europa QF and nearly to the Cup Final. Plenty of effort, just not good enough.
We also have a much poorer manager.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what game you saw
We didn’t start with a back four we started with a back 3/5 that being Jonny on the right Coady in the middle and Boly on the left
Midfield of Chiquinho, Neves, Moutinho Dendocker Alt Nouri
Up Front Raul and Neto
Anyone else see any different start to that
I didn't see that personally, I thought Chiquinho was more advanced and broke in behind City's backline a few times. He mucked in defensively at times too. As I said elsewhere, if Lage really played Jonny as a right centre back and Chiquinho as a wingback in this game, he can **** right off.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oops sorry
Your laughing emoji at my first comment on this thread implied you were laughing and therefore totally disagreeing with my post
Apologies if I misinterpreted it

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are people saying it was a back 4. Was I watching a different game
Was probably a 5 but Chiquinho was massively higher than Ait-Nouri was on the left which meant it looked like we were playing a 4 at times when there were quick turnovers in midfield. Didn't look pretty anyway, very disjointed.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those getting on at assists with Traore/Chiquinho are daft.

Yes, Chiquinho has three but two are for pretty simple passes that saw Neves (Watford) and Trincao (Chelsea) score worldies, with one excellent assist for Coady. It's why the stat is so misleading, when you look at some of the sitters that people have missed from Traore over the years.

To be fair Chiquinho's performances just highlight even further how bad it was to let Traore go.

He's the only one with pace and a direct threat and it transforms the team in an attacking sense. I got so much stick on here after Arsenal away when I said we had no players to stretch the game and take players on but unfortunately I was right that it cost us.

Try and forget the defensive side of it if you can (very hard I know), but we've played Chelsea and City and we've scored three goals but we probably should've had another at Stamford Bridge and we could've had 2/3 tonight. So, in an attacking sense, look at how Chiquinho has transformed us and it's all because of one thing - pace. You need a player like that in this league.

I'm one of Traore's biggest fans but I'm fine with him going if they think Chiquinho is ready to play regularly next season because we need a player of that ilk.

Once again, fair play to the lad, absolutely destroyed Zinchenko when you think about it. Beat him most times, should've won a penalty and kept nicking the ball from him. Could be an important player moving forward, credit to the scouts as well who have done a lot of bad recently but deserve praise here.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were in fine shape, KDB just walked past Neves and then ran at exposed CBs, he is largely culpable for the goal.

He has played well this year, but not as well as people make out.
We will agree to differ.

Those getting on at assists with Traore/Chiquinho are daft.

Yes, Chiquinho has three but two are for pretty simple passes that saw Neves (Watford) and Trincao (Chelsea) score worldies, with one excellent assist for Coady. It's why the stat is so misleading, when you look at some of the sitters that people have missed from Traore over the years.

To be fair Chiquinho's performances just highlight even further how bad it was to let Traore go.

He's the only one with pace and a direct threat and it transforms the team in an attacking sense. I got so much stick on here after Arsenal away when I said we had no players to stretch the game and take players on but unfortunately I was right that it cost us.

Try and forget the defensive side of it if you can (very hard I know), but we've played Chelsea and City and we've scored three goals but we probably should've had another at Stamford Bridge and we could've had 2/3 tonight. So, in an attacking sense, look at how Chiquinho has transformed us and it's all because of one thing - pace. You need a player like that in this league.

I'm one of Traore's biggest fans but I'm fine with him going if they think Chiquinho is ready to play regularly next season because we need a player of that ilk.

Once again, fair play to the lad, absolutely destroyed Zinchenko when you think about it. Beat him most times, should've won a penalty and kept nicking the ball from him. Could be an important player moving forward, credit to the scouts as well who have done a lot of bad recently but deserve praise here.

I completely agree that pace is an important component in any team and two pacy centre halves would transform us defensively and potentially allow us to switch to a back four and give us an extra attacking option.

I would argue it is daft to ignore facts though. Adama is at times unplayable, but that’s largely irrelevant if it doesn’t result in goals or assists.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City are world class, but we made it look like a training game for the most part. Their players constantly in acres of space, they could have scored 10 and it wouldn't have flattered them at all.

Coady and Donk standout of the dreadful players tonight.

Playing it out from 2 yards and tapping it around our goal line with a high City press was suicidal, and should have been punished even more than it was. Insane tactics.

Chiquino did well.

To me this game sums up how we've regressed from the high point these past few years, we've generally at least given City a game.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got battered by the better team

Our defence was at sea for some of the goals

We should of had at least 1 penalty also

The first 10 mins we looked okay but once city got the second we was poor

Player of the match for Wolves Chiquinho just didn’t give up

I thought Boly, Coady, Jonny & Ait-Nouri had an absolute mare too

We lick our wounds and move on and take that as a lesson

Last edited:

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got battered by the better team

Our defence was at sea for some of the goals

We should of had at least 1 penalty also

The first 10 mins we looked okay but once city got the second we was poor

Player of the match for Wolves Chiquinho just didn’t give up

I thought Boly & Ait-Nouri had an absolute mare too

We lick our wounds and move on and take that as a lesson
I felt for RAN as thought he was given the ball too many times when he had no time or space and had nowhere to go.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were better two seasons ago.
I doubt Jeff likes what he sees when he watches us this season. I hope he sees that the club now need a ‘lift’ in order to really progress.
Obviously he doesn’t want to see us sliding back.
A few new signings mightn’t do it……we need more than that……maybe a loan or something.
However, that said, we know that the smart business model is to be self sustaining.

el gringo

Reaction score
Chiquinho was brilliant. Ait-Nouri tried to use all of his skill to overcome the challenge. Dendoncker slotted a shot away that I've seen missed this season even by Man City players. They all played well.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Chiquinho was really good and if Traore doesn’t want to stay, then sell him as boy do we need to strengthen other parts of the team. I know it was Man City but teams have sussed that move the ball quickly and our defence and defensive midfielders don’t have the pace and agility to stop teams getting in goal side. The stats don’t lie, we’ve conceded at least two in the last four now and taken 1 point from the last 15.

Back
Top Bottom