Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

City Verdict

Reaction score
Foden hit the post, KDB hit the post, Sterling missed an open goal from 2 yards, he also put a 1v1 wide. They had a boat load of chances.
But still five on target. Not sure of your point, max they could have scored tonight is 5. 5. 5 only.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, fans were excellent tonight. It's weird being a Wolves fan as we either seem to hound the team off or applaud throughout in heavy defeats!

I think the minimum expectation as a wolves fan is that the team puts in effort, if we're beaten by a better team then that's okay, it happens, as long as the team puts in effort - which it did tonight.

It's when the team doesn't even bother that the crowd get hostile.

Nige

Reaction score
Norwich were thrashed by Leicester. I fancy them to bounce back and beat us by a couple of goals.

Bruno needs to go, along with 6 or 7 of the current first team.
Absolutely We were a disgrace to the badge tonight after doing the double over them a couple of seasons ago,,, Bruno is clueless..

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foden hit the post, KDB hit the post, Sterling missed an open goal from 2 yards, he also put a 1v1 wide. They had a boat load of chances.
There was also a cross shot in the second half from the left that had Sterling committed to, he'd have had an empty net in at the back stick. It literally could've been ten.

R

reanswolf

You have to give credit to City they were absolute class and deserve to win the Premier League.
They could have scored a boat load and it was actually demoralising as we seem to have lost that fighting quality.
I actually felt sorry for the players as they knew they were a different (lower) level and looked as demoralised as the fans became, don't recall this being so bad ever before, but is that a mark of City's greatness or that we have gone backward? Probably some of both.

This decline has occurred because of stagnation on the pitch , not that anything would have beaten City tonight. They are an absolute delight to watch. We tried to pass it out from the back but their midfield were literally straight onto them. I know we shouldn't expect t o compare, but our midfield is so ponderous and slow, and the club are directly responsible for allowing this problem to become a big one. If Neves goes, we definitely need 3 new midfielders.

Only plus's tonight were Chinquinho, Raul looking very lively, Alt Nouri and Jonny. Boly and Coady were just ripped apart but wouldn't really blame them too much.

We've gone badly backwards and that is very worrying. Not sure the club understand what is needed.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a complete disgrace if we get turned over by Norwich on Sunday.

They've outplayed us twice this season already, particularly in the 0-0 at their place when they humped us and Sa had a worldie. It's inevitable.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've outplayed us twice this season already, particularly in the 0-0 at their place when they humped us and Sa had a worldie. It's inevitable.
Its good money for Norwich, won't see it mind, other games to see.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
But still five on target. Not sure of your point, max they could have scored tonight is 5. 5. 5 only.
Men against boys .need a manager who is tatacal sava because large is not still hearing he is toast any back to Lemington spar now .WOLVES AY WE.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was:

Jonny Coady Boly

Chiquinho Neves Donk Mouts RAN

Neto Raul
I thought it was 4-3-3 myself, but if Bruno's playing Chiquinho at WB over Jonny, and playing Jonny over Toti in the back three, then he needs his head examining. That's two square pegs in round holes in the defence against one of the world's most lethal attack forces.

Reaction score
Men against boys .need a manager who is tatacal sava because large is not still hearing he is toast any back to Lemington spar now .WOLVES AY WE.
With all due respect, that is a different discussion from being able to score 10 goals from 5 shots.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage could do with a win on Sunday against an atrocious Norwich side. Play ****e against them and lose and questions should rightly be asked. You can sort of understand tonight despite some dreadful defending and non existent midfield play and no style of play against a really good side but Sunday is totally different.

If we can't beat Norwich with a good performance I'd sack him then. We have no hope if we can't. We are on a terrible run right now

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in the mood to do a full player rating, but I thought Chiq and Ait did okay.

Ruben Neves the worst player on the pitch.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10-3, including the 2 penalties we should have had.

First one debatable, probs 60-40 in favour of a pen personally, second one on Neto definitely wasn't. Looked it in real time but clearly not on replay.

Reactions: Ned

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a new manager – simple as. A team that’s not prepared enough, not fit enough, not motivated enough, not drilled enough. A management car-crash and lucky to only concede 5.
**** off back to the Poorthawns where you know all about shipping 5.

6 Dec 2020 - WBA 1 Palace 5
29 Dec 2020 - WBA 0 Leeds 5
26 Jan 2021 - WBA 1 Man City 5

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree… we were playing 12 again.
Really wouldn't make much of a difference. My biggest worry is not the refs in this league but the fact that we are a team with zero identity.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First one debatable, probs 60-40 in favour of a pen personally, second one on Neto definitely wasn't. Looked it in real time but clearly not on replay.

Yes, agreed. However, this is 2022 and football is all about soft penalties. There are way more penalties than there used to be, plenty of them way softer than those 2 incidents. Every week , watching Premier League highlights, I see 2, 3 or 4 that are clearly not on replay, yer somehow are given. It's strange how when it's us, refs go back to adopting the 1980's definition of a penalty, when defenders got the benefit of the doubt. Consistency is the problem. And how easily certain players/teams con the ref.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can forgive Bruno this one far more than the bilge served up against Newcastle and Brighton. It's not easy to manufacture a strategy to cope with a City side who were hell-bent on securing points and goals. But there were players who let him down tonight, and in its own way it was as obvious in this game as against Brighton that heads and legs weren't there.

There was no fire in Neves, he was switched off, perhaps because not fully fit, perhaps because he just didn't fancy the battle. He steered clear of De Bruyne, let him run free, and that was our undoing. He didn't engage.

Boly is half the player he used to be, and that's not a recent thing. It's long term now, there's very little left in the tank to work with. Donk is Donk, he took his goal well and finally got his foot over a shot instead of under it, and he was effective in tiny flashes, but he's a limited mid-table midfield drifter who is never really one thing or another, and you can't rely on him to impose any strength on a crucial area of the pitch. Jonny was wasted in his role, and his head was down.

Chiquinho was excellent again, though he tired noticeably and understandably, and Neto cut a frustrated figure, though he still has that spark in him and is slowly working back to fitness. I worried about him post-injury but I think he'll be fine next season. Raul came into the game more than in recent matches, he worked hard, but he's tight as a bowstring and angry and defeated. I don't know what will happen with him. I think he needs a change, and we probably do too.

Hwang has the first touch of a footstool. His touch is summed up by when he turned his defender (cleverly) and ran clear late on but then punted the ball ten yards further forward than he intended like a child chasing a frisbee. He offers nothing more than Jose did last year, and his signing is every bit as calamitous as Cutrone. I'm more than happy with the way Fosun try and seek value, and take chances on young or overlooked players, but this one is a dud, and if no one at the club has the guts to admit it, and he continues to get game time, then we well never improve.

It's a hard result, but not an overly depressing one, not after the last few weeks. But this team is broken in places and this summer needs to be one of dismantling and rebuilding, not sticking heads in the sand and pretending everything is awesome.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
P.iss off back to the Poorthawns where you know all about shipping 5.

6 Dec 2020 - WBA 1 Palace 5
29 Dec 2020 - WBA 0 Leeds 5
26 Jan 2021 - WBA 1 Man City 5
Comparing ourselves to the Baggies..oh dear. Has it gotten that bad so soon!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City are fantastic, KDB especially, but so much of their game is based on being able to get away with being cynical without being upheld to the usual standards.

Quite how they didn’t end up with the best part of half their team on a booking was remarkable. Referee let them referee the game, from there on a difficult game became impossible.

A couple of early yellows would have completely changed the way they could play the game, Zinchenko couldn’t have been left 1v1 against Chiquinho, Laporte couldn’t have been the only cover ect.

Even our players gave up trying to draw a foul at times and played ‘safer’ which put us back towards our own goal.

Without seeing them back again it looked like two pretty clear pens and the handball shout seemed more of one that Mout’s too.

A different referee who’d have given a few blatant yellows, a pen to make it 3-2, a rocking Molineux and a City needing a win with Madrid in their minds who knows how it’d have panned out.

As for us Chiquinho looks a player, Neto’s getting back to himself, Raul looked like Raul for the first time in a while, RAN will be a fine player but still has a fair bit of learning to do. Boly isn’t the Boly of old unfortunately, Hwang couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Joao’s class is starting to struggle to shine through against top sides.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City went through, around and over our defence as if we are a league 1 team.
Constantly let de Bruyne, Foden etc easily slip into empty spaces as if they were invisible.
Once or twice I can understand but so often is , well, just sad.
Sad.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
**** off! Keep it tight and hit them on the break. Proven by Nuno. But our current "genius" thinks that we can out-Citeh Citeh. ****ing lunacy. Tonight l joined the out camp full on! I have zero confidence that we won't lose to Norwich again.
Nuno won two and drew one the rest we lost
You’ve been in the Bruno out camp all season despite him doing far better than you predicted even though he hasn’t been backed
You seem to have amnesia regarding last season what were the scores when we played city?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City are fantastic, KDB especially, but so much of their game is based on being able to get away with being cynical without being upheld to the usual standards.

Quite how they didn’t end up with the best part of half their team on a booking was remarkable. Referee let them referee the game, from there on a difficult game became impossible.

A couple of early yellows would have completely changed the way they could play the game, Zinchenko couldn’t have been left 1v1 against Chiquinho, Laporte couldn’t have been the only cover ect.

Even our players gave up trying to draw a foul at times and played ‘safer’ which put us back towards our own goal.

Without seeing them back again it looked like two pretty clear pens and the handball shout seemed more of one that Mout’s too.

A different referee who’d have given a few blatant yellows, a pen to make it 3-2, a rocking Molineux and a City needing a win with Madrid in their minds who knows how it’d have panned out.

As for us Chiquinho looks a player, Neto’s getting back to himself, Raul looked like Raul for the first time in a while, RAN will be a fine player but still has a fair bit of learning to do. Boly isn’t the Boly of old unfortunately, Hwang couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Joao’s class is starting to struggle to shine through against top sides.
Are you seriously trying to blame the referee for us being totally outclassed

L78

Reaction score
Verdict city didn't even get into 2nd gear it was that easy for them I had the privilege of seeing one of the worlds best players dismantle us single-handedly different class

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
First of all it was 3 at the back with Jonny as the 3rd centre back. Just how we finished at Chelsea.

Outclassed by a by a brilliant team. Fair play to City and the billions they've spent.

Bruno will build his own team next season and we go again. We will beat Norwich on Sunday and finish 8th.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom