Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How out of touch can Chelsea be on this matter, requesting the game to be played behind closed doors at a championship team in the Quarter final of the FA Cup. Imagine for a minute this was us in Middlesborough position there would be a full scale riot if it was played behind closed doors

Sorry Chelsea you've had your day in the sun now and so what if you've got to play with 500 or 600 fans at middlesborough, we've just gone through COVID with no fans let in grounds for over year and you want to spoil fans dreams of a quarter final played behind closed doors.

Spoilt brats the lot of them,

BEHAVE

How about you play with players that you hadn't benefited from with Roman dirty cash?

Would love them to loose even more now.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Probably because you give him the reaction he wants.
This might be true, but it was a very low blow. I haven't been a fan of NNW posts about Wolves and football in general, but the guy is 70 and the main carer for his disabled son. It's no surprise he is very cautious about Covid and finds this sort of baiting unacceptable, we all should find it unacceptable. Hopefully, the case is that the original poster didn't know about his circumstances and therefore wasn't trying to be so callous. If he did but just wanted a reaction, it's quite pitiful and sad to stoop so low.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I often don't agree with your posts NNW, but I'm sorry someone has seen fit to have a go like that. It was completely out of order, and frankly says more about him than about you.
Frankly l suspect that it was more about someone's CV agenda than anything else.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How out of touch can Chelsea be on this matter, requesting the game to be played behind closed doors at a championship team in the Quarter final of the FA Cup. Imagine for a minute this was us in Middlesborough position there would be a full scale riot if it was played behind closed doors

Sorry Chelsea you've had your day in the sun now and so what if you've got to play with 500 or 600 fans at middlesborough, we've just gone through COVID with no fans let in grounds for over year and you want to spoil fans dreams of a quarter final played behind closed doors.

Spoilt brats the lot of them,

BEHAVE

How about you play with players that you hadn't benefited from with Roman dirty cash?

Would love them to loose even more now.
Following logically if Chavski had their way there would potentially be no fans, unless the FA handled ticket sales, at one of the semi-finals or the final either. They can **** right off, entitled pricks. I hope HMG clamps down more after that BS.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all your support guys for that attack on me by Beller. The Mods will know he has a history of attacking me on here. I don't know why he does it. As some have said, they may not agree with me on things but I do have a right to come on here and express my views. Thanks again. If you don't see me for a week or 2 I've been banned!
Just ask for his medical certificate mate stating that your health would not have been in jeopardy and when he does, forward it to the WHO as he must have cracked the code of COVID.

Every right on this occasion to stand your ground.

Back to topic...

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
Thanks for all your support guys for that attack on me by Beller. The Mods will know he has a history of attacking me on here. I don't know why he does it. As some have said, they may not agree with me on things but I do have a right to come on here and express my views. Thanks again. If you don't see me for a week or 2 I've been banned!
The thing that really confuses me is how he mistyped his name. The "R" key is nowhere near the "N" and "D" keys.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A club that circa 12 months ago thought joining a Super League was a good idea out of touch with reality. Well I never.

Chelsea are the archetypal club that bought the league and other trophies and then attempted to pull up the draw bridge through supporting FFP etc to prevent any fair competition. They then complain of sporting integrity. Either the board has developed a nuanced sense of irony or they’re just being spoilt, entitled choose your expletive.

If Chelsea are sold for £2.5bn who are/is the beneficiary? Surely not Abromovich. He paid £150m so when he comes out of sanction he might be able to get that back. I would suggest the rest goes to championship, leagues 1 & 2 as that’s where most of the damage of his ownership has been done. The money in the Premier was already big but not insurmountable for someone to come up and compete or for those in the Premiership to compete. Abramovich just took it to another level

Also will the prize money that Chelsea earn be distributed amongst the other 19 clubs?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A club that circa 12 months ago thought joining a Super League was a good idea out of touch with reality. Well I never.

Chelsea are the archetypal club that bought the league and other trophies and then attempted to pull up the draw bridge through supporting FFP etc to prevent any fair competition. They then complain of sporting integrity. Either the board has developed a nuanced sense of irony or they’re just being spoilt, entitled choose your expletive.

If Chelsea are sold for £2.5bn who are/is the beneficiary? Surely not Abromovich. He paid £150m so when he comes out of sanction he might be able to get that back. I would suggest the rest goes to championship, leagues 1 & 2 as that’s where most of the damage of his ownership has been done. The money in the Premier was already big but not insurmountable for someone to come up and compete or for those in the Premiership to compete. Abramovich just took it to another level

Also will the prize money that Chelsea earn be distributed amongst the other 19 clubs?
Abramovic may not be able to get his money now if there is a sale but ultimately, unless HMG takes specific legal action with respect to how he got his money, almost certainly will do so. Attempting to seize his property without a bloody good legal basis will lead to litigation which precedent suggests HMG would lose.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how is this going to effect them with regards to FFP. When you’re wage bill is as high as theirs, having a month or two with zero turnover won’t do the accounts much good.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abramovic may not be able to get his money now if there is a sale but ultimately, unless HMG takes specific legal action with respect to how he got his money, almost certainly will do so. Attempting to seize his property without a bloody good legal basis will lead to litigation which precedent suggests HMG would lose.
Possibly but depending on how long relations with Russia remain on this level, he might not see the money for years if not decades. Likely it would just be placed into some frozen account pending the lifting of sanctions or a criminal case being made against him.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how is this going to effect them with regards to FFP. When you’re wage bill is as high as theirs, having a month or two with zero turnover won’t do the accounts much good.
Someone mentioned the huge sum they will have earned for finishing 3rd. I assume that then cannot be paid to the Club?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
"Chelsea have withdrawn a request for Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final at Middlesbrough to be played behind closed doors after causing exasperation and disbelief in Downing Street with their desperate push for permission to sell tickets."

To be fair, Chelsea Supporters Trust told them to withdraw it too.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
"Chelsea have withdrawn a request for Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final at Middlesbrough to be played behind closed doors after causing exasperation and disbelief in Downing Street with their desperate push for permission to sell tickets."

To be fair, Chelsea Supporters Trust told them to withdraw it too.

Middlesbrough chairman not mincing his words.

Screenshot_20220315-183442.png

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Middlesbrough chairman not mincing his words.

View attachment 27228
As I said earlier in this thread, how Bruce Buck can have anything to do with the running of Chelsea under the current circumstances is beyond me. This pathetic attempt to pressure the authorities into letting Chelsea sell tickets just demonstrates that.

Not sure how they will deal with the gate receipts though, aren't they all split anyway?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said earlier in this thread, how Bruce Buck can have anything to do with the running of Chelsea under the current circumstances is beyond me. This pathetic attempt to pressure the authorities into letting Chelsea sell tickets just demonstrates that.

Not sure how they will deal with the gate receipts though, aren't they all split anyway?
Too right.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They will be sold ASAP, can't see this being a major problem for them to be honest. They've apparently already had bids from seriously rich entities.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that a number of bidders are forming a consortium to bid. Hopefully it's a case of too many cooks and broth getting spoiled.

My wishes for the season (very much in this order):
1. Wolves getting in to Europe
2. Chelsea get docked points and all their players leave
3. The Saudi Toon army get a points deduction and go down.
4. Everton go down. Nothing against Everton but it would be funny.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Steve Gibson is just jumping on the bandwagon, any criticism of Chelsea and Abramovich is a free hit at the moment, anyone can basically say what they like and they'll get applauded for it. Thinking Chelsea are rotten club is fine, but surely he knew all about how dodgy Abramovich was back when his club were loaning and buying players from Chelsea (Bamford & Chalobah)? I guess when it benefited his club he was happy to turn a blind eye to it and so were all the fans who bought an away ticket at Stamford Bridge. Don't pretend you didn't know.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that a number of bidders are forming a consortium to bid. Hopefully it's a case of too many cooks and broth getting spoiled.

My wishes for the season (very much in this order):
1. Wolves getting in to Europe
2. Chelsea get docked points and all their players leave
3. The Saudi Toon army get a points deduction and go down.
4. Everton go down. Nothing against Everton but it would be funny.
And the Albion go bankrupt!!!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably, the obvious pressure to sell Chelsea ASAP means that the buyer will get a good deal.

This means there'll be plenty of buyers circling who plan on just holding the club for a year or two, and then selling under normal circumstances for a relatively quick and easy profit. I can't see them getting a good buyer out of this.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Gibson is just jumping on the bandwagon, any criticism of Chelsea and Abramovich is a free hit at the moment, anyone can basically say what they like and they'll get applauded for it. Thinking Chelsea are rotten club is fine, but surely he knew all about how dodgy Abramovich was back when his club were loaning and buying players from Chelsea (Bamford & Chalobah)? I guess when it benefited his club he was happy to turn a blind eye to it and so were all the fans who bought an away ticket at Stamford Bridge. Don't pretend you didn't know.

What are you talking about? Utter tosh. The Chelsea owner made his money through crooked deals in a broken Russia. Chelsea FC have benefited for nearly 2 decades and now, with sanctions in place, were trying to apply pressure on the government by holding a club hostage which had already sold over 30k tickets to a game. The same club which also signed up to the Super League rubbish.

Chelsea are pathetic and only an idiot or a pro Russian troll would support them. Even their supporters club called them out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably, the obvious pressure to sell Chelsea ASAP means that the buyer will get a good deal.

This means there'll be plenty of buyers circling who plan on just holding the club for a year or two, and then selling under normal circumstances for a relatively quick and easy profit. I can't see them getting a good buyer out of this.
Whoever has that kind of money is usually pretty savvy. They might even get a better new owner.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever has that kind of money is usually pretty savvy. They might even get a better new owner.

Savvy? Have you seen some of the recent PL owners?!

I wonder if Mike Ashley will have an eye for a bargain...

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Utter tosh. The Chelsea owner made his money through crooked deals in a broken Russia. Chelsea FC have benefited for nearly 2 decades and now, with sanctions in place, were trying to apply pressure on the government by holding a club hostage which had already sold over 30k tickets to a game. The same club which also signed up to the Super League rubbish.

Chelsea are pathetic and only an idiot or a pro Russian troll would support them. Even their supporters club called them out.

What's your point? You've clearly not read my post as nowhere did I support them, I'm actually saying they are rotten but they've been that way for 19 years. Abramovich was the Jesse James of Siberia, holding up trains full of petrol then selling it on, that's the kind of thing he did to make his initial fortune that then enabled him to buy companies worth £600m for just £100m. Didn't we already know how bad he was? I'm sure Steve Gibson knew all about it but was more than happy to take loan players off Chelsea who'd been development by money he knew was corrupt, because it benefited Middlesbrough. So he's a bit late arriving on the moral high ground now.

But to be extra clear, yes Chelsea are corrupt and their request to play the game behind closed doors was bizarre.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's your point? You've clearly not read my post as nowhere did I support them, I'm actually saying they are rotten but they've been that way for 19 years. Abramovich was the Jesse James of Siberia, holding up trains full of petrol then selling it on, that's the kind of thing he did to make his initial fortune that then enabled him to buy companies worth £600m for just £100m. Didn't we already know how bad he was? I'm sure Steve Gibson knew all about it but was more than happy to take loan players off Chelsea who'd been development by money he knew was corrupt, because it benefited Middlesbrough. So he's a bit late arriving on the moral high ground now.

But to be extra clear, yes Chelsea are corrupt and their request to play the game behind closed doors was bizarre.

Ok, but to point fingers at Gibson is unfair. It’s only now that the U.K. government has gotten its finger out and sanctioned RA. Before that, indeed in the early days, he was lauded for how much of “his” money he spent on Chelsea. As for taking loan players, they were hardly the only club - we did too. That’s hardly feathering RA’s pad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chelsea's moronic fans strike again - l hope the Gendarmes give them a good batoning.... or even better the CRS come out to play....

Oh, and who cares about Tuchel's views about what Parliament should discuss. He should shut his big gob or take his oversized ego back to Germany.

Last edited:

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chelsea's moronic fans strike again - l hope the Gendarmes give them a good batoning.... or even better the CRS come out to play....

Oh, and who cares about Tuchel's views about what Parliament should discuss. He should shut his big gob or take his oversized ego back to Germany.

Chelsea won so I think I know who is laughing and who is bitter

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem was nineteen years ago when Premier league welcomed him with open arms.Don't remember many at Sky Sports being upset by it at the time.They loved it.
At least the ongoing concerns about the Saudi take over of Newcastle is being aired and I don't think will ever go away but I always felt it was a political decision as we get closer to them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tuchel is very quick to say “no comment” when it comes to a discussion on Chelsea ownership and sanctions, and all too happy to comment on what Parliament should or shouldn’t be discussing. Another hypocrite. Glad EUFA upset his celebrations.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuchel believes that his evening was ruined when he learned that UEFA will not allow them to sell tickets for the quarter finals of the Champion's League.
How dare those ******* Ukrainians dying in cellars, hospitals and blocks of flats have the audacity to spoil his evening! They should surrender to Russian imperialist invaders immediately so Thomas can enjoy a nice glass of pinotage with his steak and look towards a nice pay-off.!
****er!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuchel believes that his evening was ruined when he learned that UEFA will not allow them to sell tickets for the quarter finals of the Champion's League.
How dare those ******* Ukrainians dying in cellars, hospitals and blocks of flats have the audacity to spoil his evening! They should surrender to Russian imperialist invaders immediately so Thomas can enjoy a nice glass of pinotage with his steak and look towards a nice pay-off.!
****er!
That is an utter insult to your last word. Lickspittle ****-licking apologist scum would be more accurate. Buy him a one way ticket to Mariupol.

I sincerely wish Chelsea as much damage as possible. The mood music from HMG is no more concessions to put it politely.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There are tons of bidders, price will be sky high and not done on the cheap imo

Back
Top Bottom