Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an irony, Abramovitch gets called out by MPs from all sides of the House today to be sanctioned, indeed Boris said he was included and yet tonight his team financed by dubious means is representing the EPL in the Champions League, time for direct action?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily Mail: Chelsea could go BUST if owner Roman Abramovich is hit with sanctions.

Personally l think that this is BS. If Abramovich was made subject of sanctions then Chelsea couldn't pay him anyway.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'But I suspect this government will not want to upset football fans as we have a populist government. I suspect Chelsea's legal team would be going through all the options.'

Personally I would call that a vote winner

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smug arrogant fans so far up their own backsides it's unbelievable. I know a few of them. Very condescending about my beloved club. Would love to see them brought down to earth a bit and forced to eat a bit of humble pie for a change.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sounds like he might be giving them away before they get taken off him. Wonder what their balance sheet looks like without his backing?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just come on screen as breaking news.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is the statement just released:

During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he's handed over the 'stewardship and care' to the trustees Chelsea Charitable foundation... Sounds like he's getting out before pushed?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SSN reporting that he's giving stewardship of the Club to the Charitable Trustees. Not sure what exactly that means but could be interesting times ahead down Stamford Bridge.

R

reanswolf

SSN reporting that he's giving stewardship of the Club to the Charitable Trustees. Not sure what exactly that means but could be interesting times ahead down Stamford Bridge.
Hope Chelsea drop back down. Falsely high position for a good club in fairness, whose natural position nevertheless, is just above us, around half way up the Premiership. Not the big club in my eyes, that many feel they are.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he is still the owner .

Meanwhile Usmanov sponsors Evertons move to a new stadium and Bournemouth are owned by a Russian.

And Boris seems to be finally moving towards legislation to reveal ultimate owners of property in the UK.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not quite sure what it actually means. Has he transferred his shares to someone else?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t the foggiest what it means. Does it mean he will no longer put any funds in?

Lycaon

Reaction score
Just proves if you can’t stand the heat get out of the fire, he’ll suffer dogs abuse if he ever steps foot in this country again, certainly nailed his colours to the mast!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Someone go to the shed forum.
I had a look. I don't think they are any better informed. Someone did point to this interesting article though.

I think they are hoping he's just distancing himself until the storm blows over. However I don't know what happens to the reported £1b he owes them (so much for FFP). If his assets are seized surely he can't just say, 'sorry I've just given it all away'?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bournemouth owner is Russian too.

We can only hope the same things happen there as well
Arsenal have a very rich Russian guy helping to back them as well don’t they?

Alisher Usmanov I believe.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are 6 Trustees of The Chelsea Foundation including American Bill Buck, Chelsea Women's Manager in Emma Hayes MBE and former Faversham and Mid-Kent MP and current Chair of the British Olympic Association and Camelot (National Lottery operators), Sir Hugh Robertson.

That is a fair spread of experience round the table.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Telly saying he's staying as the owner and they're still in debt to him personally to the tune of £1.5bn. Apparently he used to have daily policy chats on the phone from one of his yachts but this will now cease.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
There are 6 Trustees of The Chelsea Foundation including American Bill Buck, Chelsea Women's Manager in Emma Hayes MBE and former Faversham and Mid-Kent MP and current Chair of the British Olympic Association and Camelot (National Lottery operators), Sir Hugh Robertson.

Oh yes. I think we're getting somewhere there. Bruce Buck, US lawyer who made his name buying up companies for the predecessor of Gazprom, which is basically how the property of the Russian people was sold off cheap to Abramovich and Berezovsky. The latter fell out with Putin and was found guilty in Russia of embezzlement and given asylum in the UK. Some suspicion Putin tried to have him bumped off. Sounds like a safe pair of hands.

Last edited:

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And used to being told what to do by Abramovitch.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just read that Abramavich will put Chelsea into trustees hands?

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is walking away I’d imagine he’s waking away knowing he’ll never see any of his billion pound loan but he knew that was the case whether he stayed or not. The loan was never going to be repaid in full, and him leaving might ensure the charitable trust can transfer the ownership to a new owner for nothing on the basis they pump money in. I don’t think the assumption that Chelsea are going to suffer as a result of this is correct.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is walking away I’d imagine he’s waking away knowing he’ll never see any of his billion pound loan but he knew that was the case whether he stayed or not. The loan was never going to be repaid in full, and him leaving might ensure the charitable trust can transfer the ownership to a new owner for nothing on the basis they pump money in. I don’t think the assumption that Chelsea are going to suffer as a result of this is correct.
I very much doubt he is selling but future investment is in question.Let's see what they do in the next window.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a look. I don't think they are any better informed. Someone did point to this interesting article though.

I think they are hoping he's just distancing himself until the storm blows over. However I don't know what happens to the reported £1b he owes them (so much for FFP). If his assets are seized surely he can't just say, 'sorry I've just given it all away'?
He's in for a long wait if he thinks it's just a storm.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll still manage things behind the scenes. I assume all the economic sanctions coming in will stop him being able to put money in or take money out of the club as I assume all his accounts are frozen? Having said that he would have been aware of this invasion some time back which would have given him time, with all the other oligarchs, to get their monies switched to new hidden accounts, different names, different companies. He'll be fine.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yes. I think we're getting somewhere there. Bill Buck, US lawyer who made his name buying up companies for the predecessor of Gazprom, which is basically how the property of the Russian people was sold off cheap to Abramovich and Berezovsky. The latter fell out with Putin and was found guilty in Russia of embezzlement and given asylum in the UK. Some suspicion Putin tried to have him bumped off. Sounds like a safe pair of hands.

Another trustee is Seb Coe former Tory mp and Samaranch favourite the former fascist head of the IOC.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He's in for a long wait if he thinks it's just a storm.
Well as far as I can see the whole 'charitable trust' think is a joke. The Chair is basically his man who will continue to do as he says. The club still owe him £1.5b and he hasn't sold, just asked someone else to 'look after the interests of the club'. So he has pretty much exactly as much control tomorrow as he had yesterday.

If the UK government decides his money is dirty via Putin and sanctions him then he has added protection of saying it's not his club. If nothing happens then he's lost nothing and eventually when the news moves on and political will weakens, or Putin finally gets what he deserves, then normal service is resumed.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like he might be giving them away before they get taken off him. Wonder what their balance sheet looks like without his backing?
I don't see him giving anything away. He still retains ownership. This is an attempt to stop people taking it off him.
It might even have been agreed with the Government first. It would be embarrassing if he called in his 1.5bn loan and England's newly crowned World champions went bust.
No-one wants that to happen do they. By no-one I mean the Premiership, the tories, the people he has been giving donations to. But I don't think anyone here thinks this goes far enough. Personally hope to see them play non-league football next year.

Back
Top Bottom