Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea may be in for a rude awakening. Their new owner(s) may not be able to bank roll them as their former corrupt sugar daddy did. It’s a lot different paying £150m and ploughing in £1.5bn to paying £1.5-2.5bn and then having to find £1.5bn more.

Changes of ownership don’t always guarantee future success. Look at Man Utd for example of Liverpool, they might be successful now but the previous owners were a disaster.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea may be in for a rude awakening. Their new owner(s) may not be able to bank roll them as their former corrupt sugar daddy did. It’s a lot different paying £150m and ploughing in £1.5bn to paying £1.5-2.5bn and then having to find £1.5bn more.

Changes of ownership don’t always guarantee future success. Look at Man Utd for example of Liverpool, they might be successful now but the previous owners were a disaster.
Arsenal have stagnated too.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really hoping an American gets Chelsea, sorry to (Edit) our American wolves fans on here, but american premier league football ownership has had some poor results over the years.
Gillett and Hicks at Liverpool
Kroenke at ********
Lerner at Vile
Glazer at Manure
A lot of liverpool fans aren't happy with Henry now.
If an american can come into Chelsea and **** them up, I'd be buzzing

Last edited:

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping an American gets Chelsea, sorry to my American wolves fans on here, but american premier league football ownership has had some poor results over the years.
Kroenke at ********
Lerner at Vile
Glazer at Manure
You have your own US fan club? Awesome, you rock buddy.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping an American gets Chelsea, sorry to (Edit) our American wolves fans on here, but american premier league football ownership has had some poor results over the years.
Kroenke at ********
Lerner at Vile
Glazer at Manure

The numbers of US owners is slowly increasing.

It won't be long before the have enough to change the laws to suit US tastes. They have tried a few times but didn't have the numbers.

Be careful what you wish for because what you are asking for will affect every English club and definitely the fans.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It won't be long before the have enough to change the laws to suit US tastes. They have tried a few times but didn't have the numbers.

Be careful what you wish for because what you are asking for will affect every English club and definitely the fans.
Exactly!
First they’ll want to have a break at the quarter so they can sell more tv adds. If you think that won’t happen, remember prior to the US hosting the ‘94 World Cup, Henry Kissinger was sent around football circles trying to do just that.
If there’s enough money in it, the Americans will change it…..they don’t value tradition to the same extent as we Europeans do. It’s not a fault but it’s just that they are a young country with few deep traditions.

Last edited:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly!
First they’ll want to have a break at the quarter so they can sell more tv adds. If you think that won’t happen, remember prior to the US hosting the ‘94 World Cup, Henry Kissinger was sent around football circles trying to do just that.
If there’s enough money in it, the Americans will change it…..they don’t value tradition to the same extent as we Europeans do. It’s not a fault but it’s just that they are a young country with few deep help traditions.

You can never have tradition while the filthy lucre is god. Imo

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem was nineteen years ago when Premier league welcomed him with open arms.Don't remember many at Sky Sports being upset by it at the time.They loved it.
At least the ongoing concerns about the Saudi take over of Newcastle is being aired and I don't think will ever go away but I always felt it was a political decision as we get closer to them.
Abramovich has owned Chelsea 19 years??? :flushed:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly!
If there’s enough money in it, the Americans will change it…..they don’t value tradition to the same extent as we Europeans do. It’s not a fault but it’s just that they are a young country with few deep help traditions.
They'll be making us call it soccer next :grinning:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some changes might be welcome. Taking the clock away from the ref for example might reduce time wasting. However, I don't want to see the removal of promotion and relegation. That would drive us all to watch championship football.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some changes might be welcome. Taking the clock away from the ref for example might reduce time wasting. However, I don't want to see the removal of promotion and relegation. That would drive us all to watch championship football.
If I remember correctly, I think it was the Americans that gave us that loathsome idea…..the penalty shootout.
Can‘t stand it even though I know the rational behind it.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This. The Americanism of sports is bad news for both the fans and the integrity of the sport.

T

TheConcourse

Feed the troll and he will post. Feeeeed the troll and he will post.

Shaun Goater style.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Chelsea for beating Boro

Talk about responding to pressure

Meanwhile Boro donated their share of the gate receipts to the Ukrainian victim charities, and their supporters chanted the entire game even when losing.

Talk about responding to Chelsea’s pathetic attempt to have the game played behind closed doors, and complaints so they could be allowed to fly their players up for the game rather than travel in their luxury coach.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly!
If there’s enough money in it, the Americans will change it…..they don’t value tradition to the same extent as we Europeans do. It’s not a fault but it’s just that they are a young country with few deep traditions.
'A young country with few deep traditions '

I beg to differ VW, The original native , indigenous inhabitants, who were brutally decimated and unceremoniously moved into totally unsuitable reservations , would have something adverse to say about your statement.

End of Political intervention, for which I don't apologise. Sorry.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I beg to differ VW, The original native , indigenous inhabitants, who were brutally decimated and unceremoniously moved into totally unsuitable reservations , would have something adverse to say about your statement.

You know what, I feel like a fool for not including the natives and you were right to point it out especially as I know a lot about their history at the hands of their oppressors.
I was referring to sports traditions in my post.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what, I feel like a fool for not including the natives and you were right to point it out especially as I know a lot about their history at the hands of their oppressors.
I was referring to sports traditions in my post.
No worries VW and thanks for the comments.
Like you I am very interested in the history of the Native Americans and 'The Trail Of Tears' still upsets me.
I obtained a collection of 4 CD's entitled ' How The West Was Lost' fascinating insight.
I'm also a subscriber to an American Organisation called 'Legends Of America ', run by an American couple. They produce very interesting publications and Native American Memorabilia etc. A number of which I've purchased.
Well worth looking into.
Kind regards, E.W.

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No worries VW and thanks for the comments.
Like you I am very interested in the history of the Native Americans and 'The Trail Of Tears' still upsets me.
I obtained a collection of 4 CD's entitled ' How The West Was Lost' fascinating insight.
I'm also a subscriber to an American Organisation called 'Legends Of America ', run by an American couple. They produce very interesting publications and Native American Memorabilia etc. A number of which I've purchased.
Well worth looking into.
Kind regards, E.W.

Wolves ONLY Wolves.
In Dublin in my early teens I saw the movie Soldier Blue and for the first time became aware of the plight of the American natives. And then I read Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee. ….incredible.
Terrible times and events but Canada too has its atrocious history with our indigenous peoples but work very hard to rectify our past.
The Trail of Tears I’m familiar with of course but from your post I took it that there’s a movie/documentary on it. I will check it out. Thx.

……and now for some S O C C E R talk…..:cool:

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Dublin in my early teens I saw the movie Soldier Blue and for the first time became aware of the plight of the American natives. And then I read Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee. ….incredible.
Terrible times and events but Canada too has its atrocious history with our indigenous peoples but work very hard to rectify our past.
The Trail of Tears I’m familiar with of course but from your post I took it that there’s a movie/documentary on it. I will check it out. Thx.

……and now for some S O C C E R talk…..:cool:
Agreed V.W. ' Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee' is a must read, for anyone of a similar disposition to ourselves.
And well remember 'Soldier Blue' for it's reveliations!

(Note to Mutchy: Sorry Sue that we've digressed from football but the posts were prompted by the wonderful game!)

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with the sentiment, but the native Americans didn't have a country (no borders, no government etc). This means that there is some sense in describing the US as a 'young country'. Even then, the American War of Independence pre-dates any codified football by a century, which kind of renders the whole argument a bit meaningless: they don't have their way of doing things because they are 'younger', they simply have different traditions. That said, I prefer ours!

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment, but the native Americans didn't have a country (no borders, no government etc). This means that there is some sense in describing the US as a 'young country'. Even then, the American War of Independence pre-dates any codified football by a century, which kind of renders the whole argument a bit meaningless: they don't have their way of doing things because they are 'younger', they simply have different traditions. That said, I prefer ours!
Fair points L.W. but personally I would have preferred the Native Americans way of life, freedom to roam and find new fertile valleys, living as one with nature, showing respect for everything around them. Never taking more than was needed.
OK they weren't all peaceful and there were many bloody conflicts between certain tribes but in general their independence was respected and acknowledged. That is of course until the arrival of The English, Spanish and Portuguese, when their lntrusion marked the beginning of their totally, unwarranted demise!

Here endeth the input, from my point of view, as it's time to return to Molmix matters!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. The Americanism of sports is bad news for both the fans and the integrity of the sport.

How can the integrity of the premier league be any lower? or do you mean bad news that it might have to improve?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can the integrity of the premier league be any lower? or do you mean bad news that it might have to improve?

Oh, I think it could be lower. As the Super League proposal showed, what these people seek is a small, closed league which provides a safe and predictable level of “competition” which doesn’t risk the financial health of the participant clubs, or more importantly, their owners. An NFL version of European Football, packaged for the media and guaranteed to generate profits for the owners. Nobody leaves and nobody joins, so if you’re not one of the chosen few, you live on scraps outside.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The European Super League has not disappeared forever. It'll be repackaged, more executive thought into it, more branding into it, they'll spend a fortune spinning it better, and possibly with an American chelsea owner more chance of pushing it through. It'll start as a part of the pyramid, then once the ship has sailed morph into what they really wanted a closed shop. Out of the 'big revenue six' four could have American ownership within the next few months, Spurs' owners will want it more than the American owners and man City won't want to be left behind.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed V.W. ' Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee' is a must read, for anyone of a similar disposition to ourselves.
And well remember 'Soldier Blue' for it's reveliations!

(Note to Mutchy: Sorry Sue that we've digressed from football but the posts were prompted by the wonderful game!)
Morning Sue, MANY thanks for not removing my non football related posts.
Much appreciated.
Others on this thread might be interested in what has been said.

Wolves ONLY Wolves !

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Morning Sue, MANY thanks for not removing my non football related posts.
Much appreciated.
Others on this thread might be interested in what has been said.

Wolves ONLY Wolves !
Must be going soft in my old age… anything further to a new thread in OT now though please.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Larry Tanenbaum is actually a Canadian who is chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, the conglomerate which owns the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL team, the Raptors NBA team, the MLS team, a Canadian American football team(not NFL) and real estate. Part of the conglomerate owns the Blue Jays MLB team. They're massive. Larry owns 25% I think? They’re saying he has a partner so it may not be MLSE but he knows where to find money.

Back
Top Bottom