Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cheating, diving Kane! Get out of my England Team! You are a disgrace!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hilarious that Spurs fans sing "one of our own" when he tried to **** off.
Yeah always makes me laugh too when they sing that

I was watching some early Premier League action from 1992 the other night and remarked that its weird to think that most current PL players weren't even born then, including Kane

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whats the betting that Kane gets a penalty tonight?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last night, I wonder whether Kane will decide he must move on if he wants to win trophies. For all his antics, he is still a top class striker who would attract interest from both Manchester clubs among others.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the reports that Kane gets the most flack from Wolves fans (Arsenal aside), I believe Shearer used to say the same about us when he played at Molineux.

For all their downsides, both world class strikers that would walk into most teams in the world on their day.

Maybe we're just very proficient at giving the most stick to targeted players of choice...

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Regarding the reports that Kane gets the most flack from Wolves fans (Arsenal aside), I believe Shearer used to say the same about us when he played at Molineux.

For all their downsides, both world class strikers that would walk into most teams in the world on their day.

Maybe we're just very proficient at giving the most stick to targeted players of choice...
Can't recall much hate towards Shearer, how many times did he actually play against us?

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The best example of targeting an opposition player with chants was Danny Mills when we played Middlesborough in the Premiership season under Jones.

It was constant for 90 mins with all 4 stands joining it. You could tell it made an impact as Danny was terrible that day and we got a rare win.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best example of targeting an opposition player with chants was Danny Mills when we played Middlesborough in the Premiership season under Jones.

It was constant for 90 mins with all 4 stands joining it. You could tell it made an impact as Danny was terrible that day and we got a rare win.
It was a phenomenal effort all round. He was properly fazed by it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry’s lost a yard of pace he’s cart hose these days

Work rate of sloth total luxury player in my eyes despite how good of a finisher he is. Hardly makes something out of nothing like the best forwards can

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he is a top striker but I don’t agree with those who still think he is the best striker in the World as espoused by various people on Sky .In my view he isn’t .
Erling Haaland I guess mate.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I should imagine there is quite a lot of resentment from Kane towards Levy. That move to Man City would have been massive for him. I think he is stuck at Spurs until his contract runs down and then he will be too old to get an elite club.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't recall much hate towards Shearer, how many times did he actually play against us?

He received quite a lot of flack as I recall.
Molineux does react to a rogue in town. Many a player has come in for stick over the decades, Bowles, Shilton, Mills, Rooney, Foster and Savage to name just a hand full.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
A very unlikeable character, and not in the same league from that point of view as England captains of old such as Bobby Moore or Bryan Robson or (going back even further) Sir Billy Wright. A very good striker of course, but a serial cheat and a bad loser, the playing equivalent of Klopp on the management side. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wolves however good he is.
I agree with all of this other than you calling him a bad loser.

Look how long the blokes stayed at spurs!He loves it!

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I can't see a reason why Shearer would get a lot of stick for any other than Sunderland fans. He was a proper striker, hard but fair, can't remember him diving at all. He seems a decent, honest human being in general and I like him as a pundit.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see a reason why Shearer would get a lot of stick for any other than Sunderland fans. He was a proper striker, hard but fair, can't remember him diving at all. He seems a decent, honest human being in general and I like him as a pundit.
He did like to have a whinge at the referee on occasions and that certainly didn't go down well with the troops.

Personally, I don't have any axe to grind with the bloke and was well chuffed when he was sticking the ball in the net for England but as we've experienced on previous occasions any high profile player visiting Molineux can find themselves treading that fine line between being considered a lovely chap or a total ****er.

Rowzed

Reaction score
The only time he really had proper stick at Molineux was after the firework incident in FACup 3rd round. We were 2-0 before half time and battering them, he then scored 2 so we went in 2-2 and fearing the worst as they were high flying in the Prem

Then George Ndah won the match and our season turned a corner with promotion at the end. 20 years ago this May
Molineux was absolutely bouncing. George did a few great things for Wolves between his injuries but his contribution that game was massive, he was sadly injured for the final and iirc that was him done for us.

we weren’t in the same division that much in Shearer’s day For him to have had proper stick

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then George Ndah won the match and our season turned a corner with promotion at the end. 20 years ago this May
Molineux was absolutely bouncing. George did a few great things for Wolves between his injuries but his contribution that game was massive, he was sadly injured for the final and iirc that was him done for us.

we weren’t in the same division that much in Shearer’s day For him to have had proper stick
George missed all of our season in the Prem with Jones but made a comeback when Hoddle was our boss. I remember him scoring at Derby in a 3-0 win when Ganea and Huddlestone were our other scorers.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Certainly the best example - although he ended up getting subbed as it clearly got to him.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe he was doing some kind of guest evening in Wolverhampton a few years ago and happen to comment that our fans used to give him so much stick and he never really understood why.

But absolutely agree, top top player and seems a decent guy too.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe he was doing some kind of guest evening in Wolverhampton a few years ago and happen to comment that our fans used to give him so much stick and he never really understood why.

But absolutely agree, top top player and seems a decent guy too.
I think we can just be genuinely hostile when big guns come here and we do try and affect the game, particularly if we feel wronged in some way. We can also be horribly passive though. We’re a strange lot, aren’t we?!

I don’t feel as though Shearer was never disliked in the way Kane is though. I think the Newcastle cup game was just one of those occasions when Molineux was up for it. Any stick he got was a sign of respect. We knew how good he was and we hoped we’d affect his performance.

Gerrard and Lampard got stuck in a similar way to Kane as they also committed bad fouls against Wolves players and were also always trying to ref games against us.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If ever there was an ex-pro/pundit that could have a justified grudge against Wolves fans - it is Danny Mills. That day, that game was brutal, the animosity and passion just flowed from all 4 sides of the ground. I'm sure he was struggling not to tear up as he was subbed.

From what I recall, it was over some major fracas in the tunnel at their place where our lot were lead by Paul Butler and something went on and was proved in a later hearing, the hearing came just before the game at Molineux and so was fresh in everybody's mind. Brutal.

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That was brutal

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ever there was an ex-pro/pundit that could have a justified grudge against Wolves fans - it is Danny Mills. That day, that game was brutal, the animosity and passion just flowed from all 4 sides of the ground. I'm sure he was struggling not to tear up as he was subbed.

From what I recall, it was over some major fracas in the tunnel at their place where our lot were lead by Paul Butler and something racist went on and was proved in a later hearing, the hearing came just before the game at Molineux and so was fresh in everybody's mind. Brutal.
Don’t think Danny Mills was involved in anything racist. He certainly got abuse on a different level and it really affected him to the extent he couldn’t control the ball or make a simple pass and was subbed. It was truly glorious to witness overwhelming evidence that fans really can make a difference.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think Danny Mills was involved in anything racist. He certainly got abuse on a different level and it really affected him to the extent he couldn’t control the ball or make a simple pass and was subbed. It was truly glorious to witness overwhelming evidence that fans really can make a difference.
You are right, it wasn’t racist..
Football: Mills furore leaves angry Wolves feeling cheated; Middlesbrough 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0. - Free Online Library

No place for this kind of vendetta

I got mixed up with other baldy Jonjo Shelvey v Saiss.

Last edited:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the crowd destroying the, then, much rated Titus Bramble in one game. I forget why - possibly a bad foul.
He absolutely went to pieces.

wolfie_tc

Groupie
Reaction score

Interestingly Kane has always reminded me of Shearer in his free-kick winning ways. Both players deploy(ed) the tactic of backing into a defender when going for a header and just waiting for any contact to go down and win a soft free-kick, or doing that thing where they pretend like they're going to jump, stopping at the last second and ducking down, to allow the defender to jump forward and over them, to then flail their arms around to the ref waiting for the whistle, used to wind me up no end when Shearer did it and I hate seeing Kane still getting away with the same antics.

Maybe we just hate English soft free-kick winning striker captains with boring celebrations?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know the sceptic in me can't help but suspect the likelihood of Pope's blunderous challenge being awarded as a penalty on Sunday if it was Kane that had been felled and not Raul....

I think it's a bit of a vicious circle with Kane - he's the highest profile England player and it's not just his moaning and appealing that's the issue, it's the fact that he clearly has a higher level of influence on referees than the likes of our players......and so given the success he achieves in doing so it only inspires him to keep cranking it up.

Back
Top Bottom